• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
none at the moment. i went to MBK which has shit loads of stalls, so I managed to get the PS VITA for 138 pounds. no where had any of the games I wanted though. will probs downlad.

nickcv

I recently bought an XL and it's my favourite purchase for quite some time. My 360 and PS3 haven't been touched in over a month.

What area in London are you looking? As for things to do on your own, do you like museums, parks etc? Museums are all free in London so make the most of them, although they do charge for some exhibits. I love just walking around London, particularly the city area, so many amazing old buildings.

I'm looking on the west side but my cousin lives in E1.

thanks about the museum suggestion but I see that as something I'd like to do during the day and not at night

Reknoc

Played a few hours of The Last of Us last night. The game feels incredibly sluggish and the controls can be a little eh, but I think I'm in love. The atmosphere is top notch, the infected can actually be a little creepy and I feel it does the survival elements right. I've actually ended up having to finish encounters with no bullets.

jimbor

Banned
I'm looking on the west side but my cousin lives in E1.

thanks about the museum suggestion but I see that as something I'd like to do during the day and not at night

Alone at night? The walking can still be very interesting, especially as it currently doesn't get dark until 9:30ish. Go to a coffee bar and people watch, old school pub and take a book, cinema, nice meal.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
my god kanye west makes fucking great albums. Shit's so swag. Dat production is so good.

Darren870

10 days in London and I still didn't find an house.
I'm still staying at my cousins house, but she is in Italy at the moment so it's just me, her flatmate and her cat.

the flatmate is basically never home and whenever he is here he just works. Also he's leaving as well to go to Greece for 2 weeks so I'll be completely alone in the apartment.

did I mention that they don't have internet?
I got my giffgaff sim card yesterday and I finally can at least browse GAF from my cellphone.

today I'll be viewing some other apartments, then I'll have to find something to do at night.

can you guys suggest some place where a person alone can have some fun? No clubs though

Shorditch is pretty cool at night. What are you into though? I would have been free last night for some drinks but then again I got smashed at work so wouldn't have been the most literate person.

Angel is fun too, however its mostly pubs and restaurants.

nickcv

Shorditch is pretty cool at night. What are you into though? I would have been free last night for some drinks but then again I got smashed at work so wouldn't have been the most literate person.

Angel is fun too, however its mostly pubs and restaurants.

I'm more into pubs and restaurants then clubs... They took me last week in a club in shorditch, and it wasn't definitely my cup of tea. I didn't like it at all.

I don't have much time left to find an apartment.

it's becoming really stressful

Darren870

I'm more into pubs and restaurants then clubs... They took me last week in a club in shorditch, and it wasn't definitely my cup of tea. I didn't like it at all.

I don't have much time left to find an apartment.

it's becoming really stressful

Yea but Brew Dog opened in Shorditch. I haven't been yet but I love the one in Camden. Angel is probably better for you then as its got some great pubs.

There is some good curry places by you too right now. What is the closest tube?

I almost fell asleep I ant believe I paid for both me and my friend to see that, why could we have watched star trek god dammit or even epic or that new romcom with Paul rudd and Tina fey

I have two questions:

1) Why didn't you go see Star Trek if you wanted to? (It's my favourite movie of the summer so far)

2) Why is your friend a deadbeat? Make him buy his own ticket dammit.

I don't like summers when there's no major footie on. It's making the Confederations Cup very appealing, and nobody wants that.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Your local cinemas are still playing Into Darkness? Mine is shit. And it only starts showing at 5 or 6 o'clock.

nickcv

Yea but Brew Dog opened in Shorditch. I haven't been yet but I love the one in Camden. Angel is probably better for you then as its got some great pubs.

Thr is some good curry places by you too right now. What is the closest tube?

stepney green.

what's wrong with the west btw?
pretty much everyone is trying to convince me to go east.

Your local cinemas are still playing Into Darkness? Mine is shit. And it only starts showing at 5 or 6 o'clock.

I don't think my nearest cinema is still showing it (fake edit: just checked the website, it appears not). The Odeon in the city is still showing it though. I've seen it twice now, not that I really wanted to, it just worked out that way.

Darren870

stepney green.

what's wrong with the west btw?
pretty much everyone is trying to convince me to go east.

Ahh, not to far from me. I am on the overground, get off at Dalston Junction usually or Canonbury...right in between the two.

West is just...boring. Its touristy, there isn't much to do besides the parks, not as trendy, home of lawyers, doctors and big shot bankers.

North is better IMO. East is alright, but at the same time there isn't a professional scene. North has a good mix of young professionals and is somewhat trendy too.

Mr. Sam

I almost fell asleep I ant believe I paid for both me and my friend to see that, why could we have watched star trek god dammit or even epic or that new romcom with Paul rudd and Tina fey

Star Trek into Darkness is very good. You missed out, man. You missed out.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I have two questions:

1) Why didn't you go see Star Trek if you wanted to? (It's my favourite movie of the summer so far)

2) Why is your friend a deadbeat? Make him buy his own ticket dammit.

I don't like summers when there's no major footie on. It's making the Confederations Cup very appealing, and nobody wants that.
1 because we would have to wait three hours
2 he'd ran out of money, it's fine though HE JUST WON 140 ON THE FRUITY

Messy night this shall be
Star Trek into Darkness is very good. You missed out, man. You missed out.
I KNOW MOTHERFUXKER I KNOW

so sad

8bit

Knows the Score
Spent about 4 hours digging out weeds and cutting the grass earlier. Came back into the house ands then spent a few hours catching bugs and digging weeds in Animal Crossing. I'd probably work in the garden more often if it had achievements. That might be the Google Glass killer app I'm destined to built.

Now up to the bit with Bill in Last of Us, it's a very good game but the controls are kind of counterintuitive.

Currently working on digitising 25 year old 12" singles for fun and realising how much I miss Billy Mackenzie.

Hasney

Feel like shit. My best mates birthday was ruined by her friend taking MDMA for the second day in a row, freaking out and us having to babysit her like a toddler. I was told I was the only good thing about the night, but I just fucking hate that her birthday was ruined. Gah.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Feel like shit. My best mates birthday was ruined by her friend taking MDMA for the second day in a row, freaking out and us having to babysit her like a toddler. I was told I was the only good thing about the night, but I just fucking hate that her birthday was ruined. Gah.

Yikes, second day in a row, wildly immature and dangerous to do that. Grow some ovaries and take that comedown like a woman. ;b

Chinner

Banned
it's not really a drug you should abuse so often either, she'll soon find the effects of it less potent. will probably end up spending more trying to chase the come ups she used to have.

but apart from that, not healthy at all and shouldnt be abused. esp if you're not in the right frame of mind for it if you have existing anxiety problems.

in conclusion, down with that sort of thing

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Well I had some crazy messy sex last night

with one of the locals from one of the pubs
Noooooo.gif

and it was unprotected

tumblr_m6oaosRkai1qaxdql.gif

Next time she comes in to the pub I am going to go bright red

u3gxqfk2ukbw.gif

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
she should get bang on the meph, aint that right kent?

Fuck mkat, MDAI can be taken a few days in a row.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDAI

A non-neurotoxic highly selective serotonin releasing agent that also blocks the reuptake of serotonin. Sadly the drug doesn't affect dopamine levels you have all them feels with the kick up the ass to get moving.

Drugs in general are bad, Drugs are for mugs and mugs are for tea and tea is for me!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
So many cops around. I've seen enough white land rovers to last me a lifetime.

Darren870

get to the GUM clinic...now

To early to tell. Should go in about a week once he starts feeling the burn.
He then has to wait 3-6 months to make sure he doesn't get those fun rashes and flu....

Donkeyshow can brief you on what to expect :)

Edit: I'd snap a picture of the cottage cheese I am eating, but don't want to ruin the fun for Tash on what is to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom