• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, just finished the last of my exams. Didn't do as well as I wanted to, but probably did as well as the level of work I put in would merit me. I reckon a middle-ish 2:2 at the end of the day. Thankfully it's only the first year and the result don't contribute to anything I'll have to up my game for the next two years.

SteveWD40

33, so all were pretty much spot on, I have mentioned it though (usually in a Grandpa Simpson "in my day" style).

Awww yiss, Yo Sushi blue Mondays hitting dat lunch spot. Mmmmm.

I couldn't resist Phillpotts roast counter, Pan Fried Chicken with salad on a poppy seed sub with lettuce, mayo and black pepper...

021GWN7.gif

Darren870

Kent and donkey were right, I am 28. I always get 30+ though, have been for years!

Hope I don't get 40s once I actually hit 30....

Edit:

Darren: Likes a finger of fudge, but feels guilty after.

This can go so many ways...I'm not really sure how to respond. Its only Monday to early in the week...

template:

hot cold man: 20
phisheep: 48
smokeydave: 32
musha: 26
ninjaboix: 29
lirlond: 25
meadows: 28
8bit: 25
recnok: 25
evilore: 29
kentpau: 24

Jordan: 29
Darren: 21
suariyu: 23
BGBW: 20
Jackben: 28
donkey show: 26
Cheezmo: 21
tashbrooke: 19
sh0rty_symd: 25
iammikeside: 27
chinner: 26
Jedeye Sniv: 32
SteveWD40: 35
Deaf Spacker: 30

Wild mass guessing, yay!

Feeling a bit sick today. I think I might have forgotten to submit a tiny part of one of my college projects. I don't get my results until after the offers from Unis, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
F0rk is good peoples. That being said most of the guesses were very close except for Rashbrooke's. Major swag and twenty-three years of living were indeed the correct answers. I blame the older guesses on premature jaded attitude syndrome. It's like premature ejaculation except with your emotions getting all tough like a well done steak before they should.
Welp, just finished the last of my exams. Didn't do as well as I wanted to, but probably did as well as the level of work I put in would merit me. I reckon a middle-ish 2:2 at the end of the day. Thankfully it's only the first year and the result don't contribute to anything I'll have to up my game for the next two years.
As long as you realize there is room for improvement you'll be all right. Most people fuck around the first year anyway as they are partying and getting used to what their limits are.

As long as you aren't looking to do a placement year, and you've made the most of this year then you're quids in.
Put in the effort in though second year, it takes a lot of pressure off third year.

Chinner

Banned
sorry fork, didnt mean to forget you. you're cool, if me you, hot coldman and tashbrook where all on a sinking lifeboat due to it being overloaded, you'd probably be the last person id throw off it

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Finally picked up 007 legands. Can't wait for this gaf i love my james bond video games.

Some good reviews for it to

Gaming nexus

Very Good
007 Legends attempts to be a big, brassy tribute to 50 years of James Bond, but it ends up a little too ambitious for its own good, with a story that is more spectacle than substance and some new ideas that don’t work together as well as they should. The multiplayer, however, is better than ever, and that alone should make this a must have for any 007 fan’s collection

The sound work is great as usual, with David Arnold composing a rousing instrumental version of the Goldfinger theme for the game’s opening title,.

NinjaBoiX

Blood Stone was the only Bond game worth it's salt this gen. I remember playing it at the same time as U3, and it came off as the better shooter. Decent driving game on top. Goldeneye was pap, QoS was an insult and from what I hear, Legends isn't much better.

Kentpaul

Blood Stone was the only Bond game worth it's salt this gen. I remember playing it at the same time as U3, and it came off as the better shooter. Decent driving game on top. Goldeneye was pap, QoS was an insult and from what I hear, Legends isn't much better.

i had the greatest time with Qos when i played it. Its not hard to love a james bond game. With the bond music blasting you feel like a badarse. Back when i was growing up you never had call of duty you had james bond goleneye and that was the game we all played.

They're all terrible Bond games because they all envision Bond as a dude who goes around mowing waves of henchmen down.

Alpha Protocol sounds like the best "Bond" game, honestly.

NinjaBoiX

I'm sure rare made goldeneye. Fuck even nightfire was good.

I don't think they have made a bad bond game yet.
Rare made OG Goldeneye, the good one.

I'm referring to Eurocom's hack job.

Edit: Coldman, Blood stone is a decent shooter and a exciting driving game. I had a blast with it. Looks gorgeous too, as you'd expect from Bizarre.

Chinner

Banned
the ps1 emulator in vita is surprisingly awesome, they let you edit the screen, controller and basically and settings on a game by game basis. playing mgs1 with l1/r1 on the bottom sides of the controller, so i can basically press them to equip/dequip them.

mgs1 still ownz by the way.

SmokyDave

From Russia With Love was awesome on the Xbox. I reckon I might get me one of those modern Bond games. I've got Goldeneye on Wii, but I'd rather not dig the sensor bar out of my Wii-U box.

the ps1 emulator in vita is surprisingly awesome, they let you edit the screen, controller and basically and settings on a game by game basis. playing mgs1 with l1/r1 on the bottom sides of the controller, so i can basically press them to equip/dequip them.

mgs1 still ownz by the way.

I did that. Works nicely!

I'm replaying Silent Hill at the moment. So good.

Kentpaul

From Russia With Love was awesome on the Xbox. I reckon I might get me one of those modern Bond games. I've got Goldeneye on Wii, but I'd rather not dig the sensor bar out of my Wii-U box.

Bloodstone looks like the way to go, or 007 legends if you want to play the king of FPS (james bond games have and always will be king of the shooters)

Bond2012_PC_2013_06_17_16_06_29_55.jpg

The laser watch and all sorts, The names bond james bond.

Bond2012_PC_2013_06_17_16_14_37_55.jpg

This is the fun i like in shooters, Not Oscar bating snore fests.

Chinner

Banned

silent hill 1? how does it hold up? i never played it.

tempted to pick up sython filter for tazer goodness.

NinjaBoiX

You are literally the first person I've ever seen not hate the shit out of it.
I c Wat u did ther

It's pretty decent, nothing amazing. Its certainly not terrible enough to hate IMO, just a well presented shooter with smooth, nicely considered controls interspersed with whizz bang driving sections.

It's a fun ride, and a surprisingly competent shooter in comparison to a "proper TPS" ie, U3. As I say, purely viewed as a shooter/light brawler, it wipes the floor with U3 for my money.

(I know I'm obsessed with this comparison, I just distinctly remember playing them concurrently and actually enjoying BS a fair amount more.)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Goldeneye was shite at the time and it's shite now. Get out of here with your 4 player N64 split screen on a 12" crt - I was playing 16 player Quake games on my Voodoo card at the same time. Console peasants.

SteveWD40

Goldeneye was shite at the time and it's shite now. Get out of here with your 4 player N64 split screen on a 12" crt - I was playing 16 player Quake games on my Voodoo card at the same time. Console peasants.

I had a 486, Quake ran at about 5fps when I tried the demo (remember when they cam on CD's on PC mags? *wistfull*).

Kentpaul

Sitting with the bro's during a sleepover playing goldeneye was some fine times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom