• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, on that note, are there any other Welshmen here? Seems to be mostly Scots/English.

daviyoung

Banned
More aggro than Newcastle? Really? Bigg Market gets fuckin' rough.

general vibe I guess, seemed like I was one nudge away from getting my head kicked in, everyone looked pissed off about being out having a good time

I've never been told by a pisshead to buy a barmaid a drink before

Hystzen

I watched a man pull out a fake penis from his trousers, dry hump a guy wearing a gag ball and then ejaculate all over the audience. Coupled with the numerous fireworks, flames, rocket launchers, guitar flame throwers, sparks and stage art displays, Rammstein has set the bar so high for gigs for me right now that I do not think I will ever witness a gig as entertaining and amazing as that in my life...ever... and I thoroughly enjoyed Maiden's show the night before. Was around the front of the stage for that with a spitfire flying over . But Rammstein, holy shit, that one/two hour setlist felt like 10 minutes. Not a boring moment whatsoever. Definitely worth sitting through that pretentious twat Jared Leto.

If i woke up sunday morning knowing I would be watching a pianist be buggered on a platform while still playing piano and a random person being set on fire i would consider seeing a psychiatrist

LukeTim

general vibe I guess, seemed like I was one nudge away from getting my head kicked in, everyone looked pissed off about being out having a good time

I've never been told by a pisshead to buy a barmaid a drink before

Fair enough. Never been to Cardiff, to be fair.

SKINNER!

Banned
Still cringing at the memory all these years on son ? Damn

ha, I was over exaggerating as usual but tell me you don't sometimes remember doing dumb shit in your childhood and say "what was I thinking?!" You would've loved Download man. The different smells of weed coming from the campsite and the arena and the crowd and everywhere! I tell ya, Download was waaaay more crazier than Rock am Ring back in 2008. Found it bizarre that the police were patrolling the campsites at night and in the arena. As if the security weren't enough.

If i woke up sunday morning knowing I would be watching a pianist be buggered on a platform while still playing piano and a random person being set on fire i would consider seeing a psychiatrist

I still can't believe you wanted to see 30 seconds to mars ;)

So you had your car robbed and had your childhood memories of Star Wars dragged through the mud in the same day? Man, that's rough dude.

...I was 7, dude. I'd seen A New Hope once and didn't remember jack shit.

It was just a boring movie, but the ending fight is great so as a kid you go out thinking "YAAAAY JEDI"

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Kent, I am very disappointed in your lack of Celtic camaraderie

I can't slag the Irish because they poor buggers have been in a civil war for 40 years and i can't slag the English because they poor buggers just recovered from the summer riots and a major drought.

That just leaves Wales I'm affraid.

ha, I was over exaggerating as usual but tell me you don't sometimes remember doing dumb shit in your childhood and say "what was I thinking?!" You would've loved Download man. The different smells of weed coming from the campsite and the arena and the crowd and everywhere! I tell ya, Download was waaaay more crazier than Rock am Ring back in 2008. Found it bizarre that the police were patrolling the campsites at night and in the arena. As if the security weren't enough.

A guy on my facebook posted a picture of the sun burn he got from the event. I'm pretty jelly about the entire thing.

Hystzen

I did watch it I was walking around middle screen trying find you people after last incomplete text i got before phone died. I watched first 4 songs of A Day To Remember then started watch 30stm....walked off for final song shaking my head

but yeah was shocking his new stage routine does not work at festivals especially if not main act bit hard get crowd to join in when they have zero interest in you. Will watch when goes to manchester people i know seen them before said it worst they ever seen.

Scuderia

I watched a man pull out a fake penis from his trousers, dry hump a guy wearing a gag ball and then ejaculate all over the audience. Coupled with the numerous fireworks, flames, rocket launchers, guitar flame throwers, sparks and stage art displays, Rammstein has set the bar so high for gigs for me right now that I do not think I will ever witness a gig as entertaining and amazing as that in my life...ever... and I thoroughly enjoyed Maiden's show the night before. Was around the front of the stage for that with a spitfire flying over . But Rammstein, holy shit, that one/two hour setlist felt like 10 minutes. Not a boring moment whatsoever. Definitely worth sitting through that pretentious twat Jared Leto.

I'm a massive Maiden fan, and that spitfire flyover was probably the greatest music related thing i've ever witnessed, but i thought the sound quality was a bit poor and quiet, though that could've been the wind.

Rammstein on the other hand, fuck me. I know maybe 2 songs at best, i've seen videos of their performances before so i knew it would be mad, but that was simply incredible. I didn't want it to end, i will be certainly seeing them again!

I pity my friend who opted to watch Limp Bizkit instead, though he did catch the end.

SKINNER!

Banned
I did watch it I was walking around middle screen trying find you people after last incomplete text i got before phone died. I watched first 4 songs of A Day To Remember then started watch 30stm....walked off for final song shaking my head

but yeah was shocking his new stage routine does not work at festivals especially if not main act bit hard get crowd to join in when they have zero interest in you. Will watch when goes to manchester people i know seen them before said it worst they ever seen.

Nah, it was difficult finding everyone there and I was getting funny phone signal. Kept receiving texts like hours late for some reason. We were at the big screen on Saturday night watching Led Zeppelin after Iron Maiden. Coulda stopped by and said hello.

What got to me the most about 30 seconds to Mars was that I can understand that their music is inspirational and they had some political anti-war elements to it which was fair enough but it felt so fuckin' phony the second Jared Leto was putting on that frat boy frontman bullshit. The balloons and inflatable fish toys felt out of place too. That blue cannibal corpse t-shirt gag did make me laugh though; I'll give him that.

I pity my friend who opted to watch Limp Bizkit instead, though he did catch the end.

WJuj7.gif

I was all up for seeing LB but the second I found out they conflicted with Rammstein I was like nope nope nope nope no cat in hell's chance am I going to miss German industrial metal goodness and pyrotechnics for Fred Durst. Were you at the front for Maiden Scuderia? I was on the right hand side of the stage. 'twas brutal but worth it.

Vyktal

Sorry to digress from the chat, but apparently I've forgotten how to forum!! How do you guys keep up with what everyone is chatting about on this thread? Do you guys just read the latest page and just dive into that latest topic whilst refreshing the page every now and then till you saunter off?

In the past when I was on a discussion thread I'd basically go back to my last post and read from there, but these posts move so damn fast that often after a day or so of being away there are freakin PAGES to get through which would take all day to read.

Cheers!

NinjaBoiX

Subs man, it's the only way. If a thread grabs your fancy, subscribe.

Go to tools (bottom of page on m.gaf, not sure with vanilla) and "add subscription".

Start with this one!

Edit: I totally misunderstood the question, I thought you were asking about keeping up with threads in general, not a particular thread. I dunno, just read some replies and try to add to the discussion.

jimbor

Banned
Sorry to digress from the chat, but apparently I've forgotten how to forum!! How do you guys keep up with what everyone is chatting about on this thread? Do you guys just read the latest page and just dive into that latest topic whilst refreshing the page every now and then till you saunter off?

In the past when I was on a discussion thread I'd basically go back to my last post and read from there, but these posts move so damn fast that often after a day or so of being away there are freakin PAGES to get through which would take all day to read.

Cheers!

As a long time lurker, the most pages I go back is one. It's usually idle banter and not worth going back the five (or more!) pages it can go. No offence to anybody, just that it's a quick moving thread about nothing.

Like Seinfeld with less jokes, Jewish and Americans.

Vyktal

Love it, thanks guys. I think I'll get into the flow a bit better now.

Ahh man, Download. I wanted to go to that but time and money didn't allow. Wish I could have seen Maiden...

Kentpaul

Cheers!

Refresh every now and then and jump into any topic from the latest page you are interested in.

Hystzen

Nah, it was difficult finding everyone there and I was getting funny phone signal. Kept receiving texts like hours late for some reason. We were at the big screen on Saturday night watching Led Zeppelin after Iron Maiden. Coulda stopped by and said hello.

What got to me the most about 30 seconds to Mars was that I can understand that their music is inspirational and they had some political anti-war elements to it which was fair enough but it felt so fuckin' phony the second Jared Leto was putting on that frat boy frontman bullshit. The balloons and inflatable fish toys felt out of place too. That blue cannibal corpse t-shirt gag did make me laugh though; I'll give him that.

I'm sure was at cinema watching Rocky Horror or was that friday not saturday. From our camp I could watch the cinema, Download has made me never want to watch Back To Future again geez everyday it was on and they fucking skipped 3 anyway wtf.

30STM are more a crowd loving group the This War album all chant vocals are from the crowd from various gigs. Just weird how dazed he looked walking around...still at his age and looking that good I would do whatever i want

Kentpaul

So egotistical davi... ;P

Kent, what is the meaning of the mikeside necroquote? You got me all excited.

Edit: Cheezmo, what's "daps"?

Just trying to rattle his cage if he's lurking ;P

A good bit of one way banter goes a long way lol

Scuderia

I was all up for seeing LB but the second I found out they conflicted with Rammstein I was like nope nope nope nope no cat in hell's chance am I going to miss German industrial metal goodness and pyrotechnics for Fred Durst. Were you at the front for Maiden Scuderia? I was on the right hand side of the stage. 'twas brutal but worth it.

Nah i wanted to watch Jimmy Eat World beforehand, so had to fight my way down just to get inbetween the middle screen and speakers. Was a good enough view though, almost shed manly tears at the awesomness of the spitfire.

Wish i'd bought a Rammstein tour shirt now, don't suppose they sell on the internet anywhere?

Cheers!

As a long time lurker, the most pages I go back is one. It's usually idle banter and not worth going back the five (or more!) pages it can go. No offence to anybody, just that it's a quick moving thread about nothing.

Like Seinfeld with less jokes, Jewish and Americans.

I'm calling shenanigans. New juniors, picking at the fast moving pace of the thread? Alts. Betchya.

SKINNER!

Banned
Nah i wanted to watch Jimmy Eat World beforehand, so had to fight my way down just to get inbetween the middle screen and speakers. Was a good enough view though, almost shed manly tears at the awesomness of the spitfire.

Wish i'd bought a Rammstein tour shirt now, don't suppose they sell on the internet anywhere?

Singing Fear of the Dark and reciting that Churchill speech with other Maiden fans before Aces High came on felt like I was invincible.

The official Download t-shirts are still available from the official store. I don't see the band tour shirts though :( Maybe they'll be for sale on the rammstein store.

Darren870

I've seen a lot of the Download bands live back in early 2000. Rammstein was definitely the best on the list in terms of stage show.

How was Coal Chamber? They would be good to see again saying they never put out any new material. What about Vision of Disorder? Slipknot put on a good show when I saw them last but even that was around Iowa.

In fact, I have a shirt from 2001. The Pledge of Allegiance Tour. Slipknot, System of a Down, Rammstein, American Head Charge and No One. Mudvayne dropped off because of 9/11 ... not sure why. That was the last time I saw some of those bands.

Kinda wish I went to Download, but I know that I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I used to.

Hystzen

It was my 5th Download in row and this was easily worst one some bands really dropped the ball even Slipknot bored me. Bands I seen and love performed not that great with either messing up vocals or just piss poor setlist and music playing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I vaguely remember playing this one. Don't you have to play baccarat at some point?
Yeah. I don't think I ever really got what I was doing in baccarat as a kid, but I still got past it.

It was my first GameBoy game so it has a special place in my heart, but I replayed it recently and it hasn't aged well.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
So that girl came into the bar for a drink with her friend tonight

fuck

Did you get the cups with the beer? They were dishing these out during the weekend. Shout out to Musha for telling me how to get one. That trooper tent was difficult to find.
Nahh, It's a guest ale so we dont sell it all the time, however I dont think you would get those plastic cups anyway, maybe robinsons glasses (the brewery that sell them)
Tash had sex and now he's got the jack.
lol
Umm, congrats I think?
It's not clear yet whether I'm off scott free with this one night stand yet, so It's 50/50
Yeah, that was a nice surprise.

Mutes and Stump are good peeps. My housemate freethought and our very own Tash also spoke out against this heinous outrage.

Nah, joking aside, it's good to be back in the fold so to speak, you do feel kind of "tagged" as a junior!

aww yeah

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
...and?

Come on Tash, what kind of a story is that? Deets motherfucker! Did she smile at you? Is her friend cute? Does your penis itch yet?

It was pretty tense seeing as the girl i was working with (the landlords sister who i definitely DO NOT FANCY) was giving me funny looks because she knew I wanted to die, then the landlord who had spent the previous day giving me the spanish inquisition using questions such as "Did you smash her in" "Did she do the tongue tickler" "Come on, we know you did, did she have a nice arse, she looked like she had a nice arse", was giving me the dirtiest (not as in disgusted) look (in a kinda hilarious way)

In the end, I didn't talk very much and she tried to talk to me, I played ball and it was fine but man as SOON as she left...then the real slaughter began

So brutal man..

So brutall

My penis doesnt itch, but she gave shit hand jobs and holy hell my penis still felt like it had been crushed the day after, however It's good now, but I shall be visiting the clinic on my next day off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom