• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I remember watching the Frontin' video for the first time awhile back and seeing one of my old high school classmates as Pharrell's main lady in the vid. He more than likely smanged hard.
You know that question you're pals ask down the pub, "if you had to sleep with a dude, like your life depended on it, who would it be?", Pharrell is the answer.

Mangod Kent, real talk.

Mikeside

WTF?!? Is it to late to revoke this membership status?

I'm just bitter (haha get it???) because I can't drink beer without immediately getting a shitty headache. Love the taste of a good Kroenenbourg, Corona or Estrella.

I guess I just don't have a stout character like yourself and other real men. What can I say? Beer ails (ales?) me.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Started playing Uncharted 3 last night. Goddamn, it's so good. All in all I reckon the Uncharted franchise is probably my favourite franchise in gaming. You just can't get that kind of quality experience anywhere else. It's like playing through a great Sunday afternoon movie.

Yeah, I'm only a little way into it too and I'm really enjoying it. Uncharted does acting and characters better than any other game out there. I like how the faces are realistic and ever so slightly cartoony at the same time, it's very good art direction. And while Chloe's eyes were a bit FUBARd in U2 they seem to have fixed them nicely. When I was playing last night I thought it was a wonderful touch that the bald English fella was claustrophobic. Little character details that make the world and the people that much more believable.

Uncharted never jived with me, not sure why. Don't think I like that type of gameplay since I've struggled to get through Tomb Raider as well.

EDIT: Thinking about it after the Killzone thread, none of the Sony franchises this gen really jived with me. Really hoping TLOU changes that, but I always found Infamous a bit lacking and Killzone just makes me want to fire vomit from every orifice I have in some kind of dirty-bomb protest to it's existence. It was MGS4 and Sega that made the PS3 purchase worthwhile for me. God I love Yakuza and Valkiyra Chronicles.

Which is probably what makes the XBox One hilarious to me. Would have grabbed one before a PS4 regardless of price just due to 360 and PS3 comparisons to me, but what an own goal they scored. OH WELL.

I feel mostly the same, Uncharted and MGS are the only Sony franchises that I really connect with. I'm playing Infamous 2 on and off but it's not really grabbing me at all and the FPS exclusives aren't that hot to me either. To me, Sony's best stuff is the really character driven games, I think they have the edge over MS with regard to really pushing the industry forward in regards to their narrative games.

Nothing beats Halo for sheer joy to play though. Those games just feel RIGHT to me.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, I'm only a little way into it too and I'm really enjoying it. Uncharted does acting and characters better than any other game out there. I like how the faces are realistic and ever so slightly cartoony at the same time, it's very good art direction. And while Chloe's eyes were a bit FUBARd in U2 they seem to have fixed them nicely. When I was playing last night I thought it was a wonderful touch that the bald English fella was claustrophobic. Little character details that make the world and the people that much more believable.
Charlie Cutter is one of my favourite auxiliary characters in the whole franchise.

Nobody touches this guy though:

Eddie Raja - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune said:
pGEchRa.jpg

That scene in particular is brilliant, where
Elana rips the prison cell window off, and Drake just snatches the map out of Eddies hand and legs it.
Proper Saturday matinee adventure stuff, love it!

Chinner

Banned
i really love uncharted 2, but uncharted 3 just didn't set well for me. partially because its a sequel to uncharted 2, but partially because it felt forced and disjointed.

I prefer the first two Uncharted games over Drake's Deception, but the backlash on GAF is immense. An Uncharted game that fails to live up to the series's own highs is still better than most games out there.

SmokyDave

Yup, the characters in all the games have been fantastic, yet believable. Cutter in particular was providing me with some good chuckles last night. I love the small talk that goes on between the characters in all the games.

i really love uncharted 2, but uncharted 3 just didn't set well for me. partially because its a sequel to uncharted 2, but partially because it felt forced and disjointed.
I loved Uncharted 1, UC2 fucking blew me away but I wasn't ready to play UC3 when it came out. Golden Abyss was shit hot and is possibly my favourite handheld game. I'm glad I waited to play 3 because there are a few flaws here 'n' there that I'm willing to overlook to get my Uncharted fix.

I love the platforming in these games, and the fact that I'm being funnelled down a linear corridor, but it never actually feels that way. I feel like I can explore wherever I like, but it just so happens that I want to explore where they want me to explore.

Can't wait to get home and crack on again. Played up to the Yemen part last night.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Charlie Cutter is one of my favourite auxiliary characters in the whole franchise.

My favourite supporting character was the Nepalese sherpa in 2. The platforming section with him was inspired, I loved how there was a real sense of comraderie and communication, even though they spoke different languages. I felt close to him, and when we were saving each other there was a great bond being formed. Very well handled.

But...
he just breaks his leg and disappears.

Oh man, I forgot about that.
Was sure he was going to come back later in the day. I like how he wasn't a double-crosser, either.

I remember when I first played Uncharted 1
I was sure Sully was going to be a baddie.

Chinner

Banned
I loved Uncharted 1, UC2 fucking blew me away but I wasn't ready to play UC3 when it came out. Golden Abyss was shit hot and is possibly my favourite handheld game. I'm glad I waited to play 3 because there are a few flaws here 'n' there that I'm willing to overlook to get my Uncharted fix.

I love the platforming in these games, and the fact that I'm being funnelled down a linear corridor, but it never actually feels that way. I feel like I can explore wherever I like, but it just so happens that I want to explore where they want me to explore.

Can't wait to get home and crack on again. Played up to the Yemen part last night.

is golden abyss any good then? wasnt really impressed by the demo!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
may tap some cash from a family member and drop it on a PS later today, Craving killzone 2 (Never played it mind you) Game looks fucking wicked gaf.

Last time i bought a playstation home console was in 2002 with vice city and no memory card lol, Played the first few missions like every day.

SmokyDave

is golden abyss any good then? wasnt really impressed by the demo!
I loved it, but then I'm a big fan of the franchise. It was just a constant flurry of 'I can't believe I'm playing this on a handheld!'.

It's a real bitch going back to U3 without Gyro aiming. I miss my constant procession of pinpoint headshots :(

may tap some cash from a family member and drop it on a PS later today, Craving killzone 2 (Never played it mind you) Game looks fucking wicked gaf.

Last time i bought a playstation home console was in 2002 with vice city and no memory card lol, Played the first few missions like every day.
Get a PS+ sub too. £5 a month and you'll be drowning in games. I reckon the PS3 will blow you away. KZ2 was the best of the bunch I reckon.

Kentpaul

I loved it, but then I'm a big fan of the franchise. It was just a constant flurry of 'I can't believe I'm playing this on a handheld!'.

It's a real bitch going back to U3 without Gyro aiming. I miss my constant procession of pinpoint headshots :(

Get a PS+ sub too. £5 a month and you'll be drowning in games. I reckon the PS3 will blow you away. KZ2 was the best of the bunch I reckon.

I'l need make sure i get a PS with decent hard drive space. I heard games like U3 can take up to like 40 gig ?

its hot out gaf, I wonder how many weegies have there glasgow jacuzzi on the go.

1014313_476937542394739_1338051277_n.jpg

Mikeside

I'l need make sure i get a PS with decent hard drive space. I heard games like U3 can take up to like 40 gig ?

its hot out gaf, I wonder how many weegies have there glasgow jacuzzi on the go.

1014313_476937542394739_1338051277_n.jpg

you can install pretty muh any 2.5 inch hdd in your ps3 pretty easily

NinjaBoiX

Oh man, I forgot about that. Was sure he was going to
come back later in the day. I like how he wasn't a double-crosser
, either.

I remember when I first played Uncharted 1 I was sure Sully was going to be a baddie.
Come on guy, Jed and Dave is just playing this now! Spoiler tag that shit. I know it's quite old, but the discussion literally started with Dave and Jed talking about starting U3, use your common sense boyo!

;)

Come on guy, Jed and Dave is just playing this now! Spoiler tag that shit. I know it's quite old, but the discussion literally started with Dave and Jed talking about starting U3, use your common sense boyo!

;)

Sorry, duder. Didn't think. Still new - don't think I've even used a spoiler tag yet.

Edited my post - sorry if you guys saw it; it wasn't major at least.

Q81ivtL.jpg

NinjaBoiX

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/playstation-3-firmware-update-bricking-consoles

I better wait till sony learns how to programme before buying a PS
I was going to try and defend them here, but you're absolutely right, Sony's online infrastructure is kind of laughable.
Sorry, duder. Didn't think. Still new - don't think I've even used a spoiler tag yet.

Edited my post - sorry if you guys saw it; it wasn't major at least.
Cheers fella. Yeah, minor spoiler, but it's just best to get in the habit. I just tag anything remotely spoilery, play it safe.

Edit: that is epic Mike! BGBW, update the OP, post haste!

Kentpaul

I was going to try and defend them here, but you're absolutely right, Sony's online infrastructure is kind of laughable.

Cheers fella. Yeah, minor spoiler, but it's just best to get in the habit. I just tag anything remotely spoilery, play it safe.

Edit: that is epic Mike! BGBW, update the OP, post haste!

I'm so excited to fuck around with all the menu's and browse the store when i return to playstation.

Once i plug my playstation in i will get butterfly's.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm so excited to fuck around with all the menu's and browse the store when i return to playstation.

One thing you will notice very quickly is that Sony really dropped the ball with how they handle the store. I like the integrated nature of the xbox much more than Sony's approach. The XMB is really good design though, very quick to get to your media.

SKINNER!

Banned
UKGaf, will any of you be watching Maiden at the o2 on 3 August? As it stands I will be going alone because my mates suck :(

That's a Saturday! At a push, I might head down by bus. If you happen to have a spare ticket going then I may consider it if you know a decent/cheap hostel to stay overnight in.

SmokyDave

Are you hooking it up to a decent stereo / sub?

If so, you should get mashed later and download '.detuned'. It's only about £2.

Hasney

My God, I don't think I've ever had a less productive day at work. Turning GAF off. Time to do some designing.

:-(

Today I have done:

3 Resolves
a fairly large KFC
3 long toilet breaks involving Animal Crossing
A lot of internet browsing

I've done some work too, but only a little. It's ace that no-one else knows how Wordpress works and I can just kind of say how long something really simple took.

Today I have done:

3 Resolves
a fairly large KFC
3 long toilet breaks involving Animal Crossing
A lot of internet browsing

I've done some work too, but only a little. It's ace that no-one else knows how Wordpress works and I can just kind of say how long something really simple took.

I just designed a menu/flyer thing. It looks alright.

I sometimes get the design equivalent of writer's block. No ideas and things don't look right to me.

Chinner

Banned
is playstation plus worth it just as a vita owner dave? my ps3 is back in the UK, so quite curious. want to get rayman origins, so if i download it now will it disappear next month?

is playstation plus worth it just as a vita owner dave? my ps3 is back in the UK, so quite curious. want to get rayman origins, so if i download it now will it disappear next month?

No, it won't disappear if you get it now. You won't be able to get it later if you don't subscribe now, though.

NinjaBoiX

Chinner, Rayman looks glorious on the Vita. The incredible art is flattered even further by that screen. Lots of fun, amusing, and great music. Buy it dude!

Finally got to see Star Trek Into Darkness, and it was fucking amazing.

I have a fool's hope for the new Star Wars trilogy now.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it.

Cumberbatchels is a great villain. I hope JJ Abrams does let him play the mo-cap for a lightsaber like he said!

I noticed some Star Wars-esque cues in Giacchino's score too... is he posturing for the job?

no angel

Aren't you close to spice island?

Closer to there than London! I live in Whiteley which is about 10 minutes down the motorway from Pompey. I work in Portsouth though so I'm there every day, plus all my friends live there.

I ate gammon cooked in coke (coca cola) last night and it was amazing. Just thought I should share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom