• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Closer to there than London! I live in Whiteley which is about 10 minutes down the motorway from Pompey. I work in Portsouth though so I'm there every day, plus all my friends live there.

I ate gammon cooked in coke (coca cola) last night and it was amazing. Just thought I should share.
So we do a small meet up here! ^_^

YAAAAAY

Can somebody make me an avatar

Of what?

sTP2Qud.png

VIKj8cB.png

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well lets make it happen then!

Walked four miles Jed?! Where the hell did you go?!

Everywhere! Walked from Fratton down to the coast then all along the sea for pretty much an hour till we got to the town proper. And Tash kept saying "just around the corner" the lying motherfucker.

Mikeside

yeah I'm well up for another Pompey meet.
we helped Tash go shopping, went to a 'rough' pub, had a three way date at Wagas, rode the worlds most tiny rollercoaster and I performed IT services for a Jagerbomb

good timeeees

Well the hard drive clone didn't go ahead, easier to do a straight swap and do a fresh install.

Stuck indoors sorting shit out when I could be outside.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Mike, when Bayonetta 2 comes out I'm borrowing your WiiU for a couple of weeks. Just putting you on notice. I will provide you with a copy of the game if you do (that you will never finish lol)

no angel

Everywhere! Walked from Fratton down to the coast then all along the sea for pretty much an hour till we got to the town proper. And Tash kept saying "just around the corner" the lying motherfucker.

Aha, to be fair portsmouth is rather compact so it could've been worse! Depending on the day I may need to drive o I'll be able to sve your poor little legs.

yeah I'm well up for another Pompey meet.
we helped Tash go shopping, went to a 'rough' pub, had a three way date at Wagas, rode the worlds most tiny rollercoaster and I performed IT services for a Jagerbomb

good timeeees
Rough pub? Which one?

SKINNER!

Banned
There's a gamer who's sure
all that glitters is xbox live gold
And she's buying a gamepass to play online

When she logs on she knows, if the stores are all closed
With a credit card she can get what she came for
Oooooooooooh ooooooh
and she's buying a gamepass to play online...

Mikeside

That guy was a lege. This is why you should go in to rough looking shithole pubs more often. That's where PEOPLE are.

and you say I sound like a middle class spazz when I talk about Glastonbury? lol

Mike, when Bayonetta 2 comes out I'm borrowing your WiiU for a couple of weeks. Just putting you on notice. I will provide you with a copy of the game if you do (that you will never finish lol)

Hahaha deal!!

Aha, to be fair portsmouth is rather compact so it could've been worse! Depending on the day I may need to drive o I'll be able to sve your poor little legs.

Rough pub? Which one?

one that was basically a family holiday resort pub-restaurant, but Tash warned us away as it was sooo rough in there. (it absolutely wasn't, infact I think it may have been the most relaxed and chilled pub I've ever been to)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
They've pulled the firmware so you should be fine. You too Kent. Seems it only affected Slims with huge HDDs from what I was reading earlier.

Still getting the cash together to buy the playstation, Dammit just spent 20 quid on a takeaway and a pint at a canal side bistro, This weather makes saving up a nightmare.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Right, Off to work!

Rough pub? Which one?
Just a shitty one down on the front near the arcadey pier shit, it's not mega rough, I just didnt want to go into it because it did look like a shithole and I'd seen some real characters enter it not long ago, it's no fawcett inn

Fuck that man, you cant give a tour of portsmouth via automobile
one that was basically a family holiday resort pub-restaurant, but Tash warned us away as it was sooo rough in there. (it absolutely wasn't, infact I think it may have been the most relaxed and chilled pub I've ever been to)
shut up you

Mikeside

Right, Off to work!

Just a shitty one down on the front near the arcadey pier shit, it's not mega rough, I just didnt want to go into it because it did look like a shithole and I'd seen some real characters enter it not long ago, it's no fawcett inn

Fuck that man, you cant give a tour of portsmouth via automobile

shut up you

lol it was basically a family orientated wetherspoons, man. c'mon!

about as rough as emma stone's chuff

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Did you guys black out or something? The real rough pub was the Surrey Arms. Can't remember what the other one was called where you did IT support though. Both were proper common pubs.

Mikeside

Did you guys black out or something? The real rough pub was the Surrey Arms. Can't remember what the other one was called where you did IT support though. Both were proper common pubs.

No, I agree with you. It was tamer than a seeing eye dog.
I didn't think The Surrey Arms was that rough, really. Definitely more than the other places we went.

daviyoung

Banned
Closer to there than London! I live in Whiteley which is about 10 minutes down the motorway from Pompey. I work in Portsouth though so I'm there every day, plus all my friends live there.

I ate gammon cooked in coke (coca cola) last night and it was amazing. Just thought I should share.

Fucking hell, Whiteley? I used to work in Segensworth! Have they finished revamping the outlet village/Tesco car park?

no angel

Fucking hell, Whiteley? I used to work in Segensworth! Have they finished revamping the outlet village/Tesco car park?

They finished it about 3 weeks ago. Cinema's due to be built in 2015. It's nice enough but the traffic's fucking me off hence the decision to sell up and move!

And I won't hear a word against the Surrey, I used to drink there all the time after work!

NinjaBoiX

Mythbusters man, what a great show. They are racing toy cars against real cars in a downhill quarter mile race to investigate the myth that in a freewheeling race, a toy car would beat the real car. It's like the perfect show to relive your 8 year old flights of fancy.

Also Kari Byron, she fine.

fBxPJXU.jpg

Bought a bunch of voiceovers for the radio station I work at and the male voice we used is Robin Banks, the UK Mythbusters voiceover. Was quite odd when I realised.

Great show. Not watched it in a while - but catching it every now and again on Quest.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Mythbusters man, what a great show. They are racing toy cars against real cars in a downhill quarter mile race to investigate the myth that in a freewheeling race, a toy car would beat the real car. It's like the perfect show to relive your 8 year old flights of fancy.

Also Kari Byron, she fine.

fBxPJXU.jpg

I really fancy that women, I'm not big into women who appear on TV but fuck she's the chick next door material.

Mikeside

Meh, nitpicking. It's not that bad, you couldn't call it a beak.

Plus, imperfections are cool, Hayley's spongebob sqaurepants gap in her front teeth for example, it's all part of the charm.

I have a thing about girls with big noses. I think it's because my ex-fiancée had a bit of a honker

NinjaBoiX

I have a thing about girls with big noses. I think it's because my ex-fiancée had a bit of a honker
When my ex got a bit shy or embarrassed, she did this cute little shrug and went kind of crossed eyed for a few seconds. Man, it just made me melt.

I love stuff like that, little quirks and affectations.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So Microsoft has back-peddled entirely on their DRM stance for Xbone.

Quite hilarious that so many developers and executives spent the last three months taking shit from journalists and interviewers while acting arrogant and smug during PR for stupid policies and decisions only to have it all overturned. They will say it was 'done in respect for consumer feedback' but the truth is they would never have done this in the first place if they respected customers at all whatsoever. Still quite surprising that they would turn back this far into it. Console wars may now be a lot more interesting. Too bad I can hardly give a fuck about games these days.

SKINNER!

Banned
- No more always online requirement
- The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
- All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
- Authentication is no longer necessary
- An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
- All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
- No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
- Region locks have been dropped

B0wld.gif

NinjaBoiX

That thread moves at a million miles an hour. I tried to get a solid answer, posted, and it was already buried under like 60 posts. Seriously.

So, is this real life? This isn't a prank? Because I'm totally on board if this is true.

Edit: holy shit shorty, that gif is most excellent.

*saved*

f0rk

lol
That must have cost them a fair bit of money on thinking of all the tech stuff required to implement it. Like they were going to have to have some sort of machine thing or interface to do the sell back to retailers thing right?
Their position is still pretty bad, £80 more expensive and probably less powerful just for some TV bullshit

NinjaBoiX

lol
That must have cost them a fair bit of money on thinking of all the tech stuff required to implement it. Like they were going to have to have some sort of machine thing or interface to do the sell back to retailers thing right?
Their position is still pretty bad, £80 more expensive and probably less powerful just for some TV bullshit
fsxKI2V.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom