• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Jesus fuck

The screws in the PS3 HDD case

Utter wank

First time I've ever unscrewed the things, and two of four were instantly stripped. Pieces of shit.

NinjaBoiX

Jesus fuck

The screws in the PS3 HDD case

Utter wank

First time I've ever unscrewed the things, and two of four were instantly stripped. Pieces of shit.
Yeah, they're pretty poor.

The trick is the right size screwdriver. It might sound like I'm taking the piss, but the amount of people I've seen use the wrong size driver and chew their screws to shit.

Give it a wiggle before you attempt to loosen the screw, if there is any play at all, use a different driver.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here, but it's a common error in my experience.

Mikeside

Yeah, they're pretty poor.

The trick is the right size screwdriver. It might sound like I'm taking the piss, but the amount of people I've seen use the wrong size driver and chew their screws to shit.

Give it a wiggle before you attempt to loosen the screw, if there is any play at all, use a different driver.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here, but it's a common error in my experience.

I wish other engineers I deal with understood this basic rule. I have to drill out so many screws from laptops where people strip them to fuck before handing over to me.

USE THE RIGHT FUCKING TOOL, YOU TOOL.

Suairyu

Banned
Correct screwdriver. They're just malleable pieces of shit.

Ended up having to use pointed-nose pliers in the end. Took a lot of cursing to get enough purchase on them to rotate the fuckers.

60gigs upgraded to 320gigs. Restoring my data now. Should set me good for a long time to come.

Mikeside

Correct screwdriver. They're just malleable pieces of shit.

Ended up having to use pointed-nose pliers in the end. Took a lot of cursing to get enough purchase on them to rotate the fuckers.

60gigs upgraded to 320gigs. Restoring my data now. Should set me good for a long time to come.

Bad workmen blame their tools :p

NinjaBoiX

Also, the number of people who use a Philips when they should use a crosshead driver, it makes all the difference.

O6uf5TD.jpg

Are we really discussing screws? I'm such a fucking nerd...
You liking what you see, Musha? :p
Men discussing how they grasp their tools and screwing? So hot.

Suairyu

Banned
When my girl comes down on Sunday I'm going to use all the co-...

I'm sorry; I can't make this joke. It's just too Tashbrooke.

All you guys with Wii Us gathering dust should get Game and Wario and check out the draw something miiverse mode
Eurogamer said that game was fun, but blatantly obvious that the Wario Ware IP was slapped onto the game at a late date, that it doesn't quite fit 100%. What is your take, f0rk?

Reknoc

It's a good game. Fast, fun, accessible, great supers/transitions. Online is mostly decent and there's plenty of single player content. I just hate that skins cost so much, I want them all.

I don't play it as much as I used to, but I'll probably jump back in when Zod and Man of Steel Superman get released.

It sounds great but I have almost 0 knowledge of the DC Universe so it makes it hard to justify for more than like £15 or something.

Hopefully all the improvements will make their way into mortal kombat 10

Mikeside

Brunette goes to the doctor.

"When I touch my head..." she touches her head "OUCH, it hurts!" She says
"Hmm, OK, anything else?" the doctor replies
"Yeah... when I touch my leg..." she touches her leg "OH GOD! That hurts too!"
"Oh dear... anything else, dear?"
"Yes, infact! When I touch my arm..." she touches her arm "Shit! That fucking hurts too!"

"Are you naturally blonde?" the doctor asks
"Yes, why do you ask?" she replies

"Your finger is broken"

Xun

I've had a fucking awful week so far at work, and today was made worse by the boss having a go at me for doing something he wanted me to do.

I've had enough.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Coldman has told me he doesn't appreciate certain comments Tashbrooke has made accusing him of not bothering to do his uni work and it has rather ticked him off since he isn't here to defend himself. Things just didn't go as well as he hoped in a couple of areas, but he has been putting the effort in. I'm sure many of you have experienced the same, I know I have.

So yeah, I don't want to draw this out. I think it's best we just wish Coldman good luck with his studies and leave it at that.

Thank you.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Coldman has told me he doesn't appreciate certain comments Tashbrooke has made accusing him of not bothering to do his uni work and it has rather ticked him off since he isn't here to defend himself. Things just didn't go as well as he hoped in a couple of areas, but he has been putting the effort in. I'm sure many of you have experienced the same, I know I have.

So yeah, I don't want to draw this out. I think it's best we just wish Coldman good luck with his studies and leave it at that.

Thank you.

I didn't mean it in a malicious way!

I guess it was kinda dickish, however GAF is fucking crazy bad when you need to do work, to deny that is utter poppycock.

The fact he has banned himself and is still lurking kinda proves my point

(Sorry Coldman, you must know I wish you all the best)

Mikeside

I guess it was kinda dickish, however GAF is fucking crazy bad when you need to do work, to deny that is utter poppycock.

Delete the rest, stick with the bolded. :p

Chinner

Banned
what's happened to you tashbrooke.

when you first came to this thread you were this innocent, lovable southern scally wag teenager who had a lot to learn with some random teenage angst.

now you're this poster whos trying to be the thread alpha, being aggressive, swearing alot and being confrontational and making cheap shots at poor old green scar.

whats happened to you bro? is it because of the sex?

Mikeside

when you first came to this thread you were this innocent, lovable southern scally wag teenager who had a lot to learn with some random teenage angst.

now you're this poster whos trying to be the thread alpha, being aggressive, swearing alot and being confrontational and making cheap shots at poor old green scar.

I think Sniv gave him some of that drugs he's always having a smoke of.

They like to go behind the bike racks and have a good old smoke of it and have a talk together about how we don't understand their lifes and how they're going to save up all their money they get from delivering papers and mowing lawns and they're going to go to Amsterdam where all of the people will be a lot cooler because they smoke drugs all the time and ride bicycles every day and they won't feel like they're different than us because we spend all of our time collecting pokeymons and saving up for our houses that Tom Nook had a build of for us when he lent us all the bells at the beginning.

NinjaBoiX

Delete the rest, stick with the bolded. :p
Leave "poppycock" in too.

Mad props for getting that one in there Tash!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think Sniv gave him some of that drugs he's always having a smoke of.

They like to go behind the bike racks and have a good old smoke of it and have a talk together about how we don't understand their lifes and how they're going to save up all their money they get from delivering papers and mowing lawns and they're going to go to Amsterdam where all of the people will be a lot cooler because they smoke drugs all the time and ride bicycles every day and they won't feel like they're different than us because we spend all of our time collecting pokeymons and saving up for our houses that Tom Nook had a build of for us when he lent us all the bells at the beginning.

It's like you read my diary.

I've never been a bad influence before, feels great!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

I became a working man, thrown into the deep end of working life I have seen the cruel realities of life

I guess you could say....

...I'm all grown up

DavidTennantCryingintheRain.gif

Morning Gaf and happy Thursday!

So, tonight I'm meeting a friend for dinner and drinks and gossip. Tomorrow I plan on playing Injustice till my fingers bleed. Saturday I'm meeting someone about starting a street team for my favourite Indy comic publisher, then heading to a rock star's house for a bbq. Sunday I'm going to Thorpe Park.

This weekend rocks! Is anyone else's plans as good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom