• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
There's always the possibly of cooking past rare when you cook your own steaks.

Not worth the risk at all.

Kentpaul

It was advanced from what was used in Fallout 3, but yeah, same engine. The lighting and the way rocks are rendered give it away in the trailer alone, whist the developers kept harping on about a new engine.

Same situation with COD ghosts.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
There's always a great sense of lore history when you stumble across old books deep underground and crazy little side quests. It's just a shame the entire game feels like a huge lifeless map editor.

Been reading into cosmic energy and a higher state of consciousness, I really dig this shit and will be reading further before slowly attempting to reach such a place. I think its possible i have been in the realm a few times when i was really stoned. (Every thing was connected feeling and a dancing brown bean in the centre of the universe was in my thoughts)

http://www.themystic.org/print/planes.htm

I think everyone should read further into it.

Heh, reminds me of my early 20s too, I read so much of that stuff back then. I think it's useful to have an understanding of these concepts, not because they're 'real' (and maybe they are), but it opens your mind up to all kinds of intellectually stimulating concepts and the wonders of the human mind. I read a lot of Robert Anton Wilson and PK Dick and Grant Morrison and even the crazy stuff like David Icke and shit. Then I got into the gnostic Christian histories and stuff (the Matrix was big at the time and it was all about that shit).

tbh I think it warped my mind a little bit (looking back I think I might have had some kind of pre-apocalypic breakdown back there), but the ability to think creatively, unrestrained by normal logic and the standard consensus reality tunnels is quite valuable to me still.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It was advanced from what was used in Fallout 3, but yeah, same engine. The lighting and the way rocks are rendered give it away in the trailer alone, whist the developers kept harping on about a new engine.

That and the butt ugly characters and the freaky wooden way they talked to you. After playing so much Skyrim I'm not even sure how we thought it was that much better than Oblivion. Still had all the same old jank just with a bit more bump mapping.

SmokyDave

Uh, you guys do remember that the lovely Mrs Smoky comes in here more now, right?

.....huh. Good point.

Perhaps I was only pretending to have no idea, because I wanted her to read that. Maybe I've done something really great and I'm trying to throw her off the trail.

I mean, that's not the case, but it might've been. If I was a better fella.

Reknoc

That and the butt ugly characters and the freaky wooden way they talked to you. After playing so much Skyrim I'm not even sure how we thought it was that much better than Oblivion. Still had all the same old jank just with a bit more bump mapping.

To be fair, it is much better than Oblivion. Oblivion was just really really

really

bad.

Got my exam results today. Did as good or better than expected in everything. Everything going well, I should get into Waterford IT next year now.

So happy.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
ooh I've just seen that Jupiter Ascending (new Wachoswskis project I believe) is filming here at my school next week. Shall keep my eyes peeled for gossip.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Had to make an appointment and it's in half an hour, went for a subway and had a big drink so I can provide a sample...

Fuck the tension is killing meeeeee

no angel

Just been hit with a double whammy at work. They announced a profit of £137 million for the financial year, then due to budgetry decisions they're not going to pay out bonuses from last years long term investment plan. Wankers.

afoni

Banned
Went around town today with a bag full of CVs and basically everyone told me to apply online, ignoring the fact that there were signs outside about several vacancies and that I should ask about it inside.

There's a Poundland opening tomorrow and Halfords took my CV though, so that's nice. Going to go into Poundland tomorrow and hand one in.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That PS4 video...'Friends' style marketing right there.

Also afoni, "apply online" is a total cop out. But it's also always a hard choice to decide whether it's worth guilt tripping an employee into taking a CV anyway, or hold onto it as they are likely to just bin it after you walk away.
Got my exam results today. Did as good or better than expected in everything. Everything going well, I should get into Waterford IT next year now.

So happy.
Congratulations Tetrax. Looks like an awesome school.
Just been hit with a double whammy at work. They announced a profit of £137 million for the financial year, then due to budgetry decisions they're not going to pay out bonuses from last years long term investment plan. Wankers.
I suppose it depends on where that 137 million fits on their expenditure list. I doubt they would be stupid enough to announce record breaking profits at the same time as cuts to bonuses, so it's likely they are struggling overall. Still a shitty way to announce it.

SmokyDave

Sex with a johnny is shite.

jonny-briggs-series-2-d080.jpg

"Ere Razzle, that knobheads 'avin' a pop at us!".

Kentpaul

Agreed but unless you're in a trusting relationship it's a no brainer unless you want the jack or a cute ickle baby.

Make sure the chicks on the pill and doesn't look like a slapper. Pull out just to be 100% extra safe you won't create life (create life eh, even by mistake that child will grow up and experience our great world) Just make sure the chick is from out of town and you won't see her again.

It's her problem if she doesn't take the morning after pill after lying about being on the pill.

Keep in mind I'm in a relationship so my advice is purely something i would do only if i was single.

... should I delete that because there's no way Dave can beat my breakfast and clitoral simulation gift basket?

Diamonds > any other gift/ thoughtful gesture. Take note.

On a slightly earlier topic (stupid kids needed teaching today - rude) I wish someone had told me to play the Fallouts/ESs on PC before I put 9 million hours into levelling up my character into a boss on the 360 and then being unable to do anything with the character due to the game crashing every 2-3 minutes. Bollocks is what it is.

I also hope you haven't got knob-rot, tash (phone just Autocorrected that to 'rash'; I hope that's not an omen).

SmokyDave

Make sure the chicks on the pill and doesn't look like a slapper. Pull out just to be 100% extra safe you won't create life (create life eh, even by mistake that child will grow up and experience our great world) Just make sure the chick is from out of town and you won't see her again.

It's her problem if she doesn't take the morning after pill after lying about being on the pill.

Keep in mind I'm in a relationship so my advice is purely something i would do only if i was single.

'Dear Deidre' must be shitting herself.

Kentpaul

I used to think that people had to strip down to their underwear before they could discuss relationship issues. And that everyone had big tits.

What a wonderful world that would've been.

Who would have known all you need is a 6 pack of a stella and a cheap bottle of red wine and your both open books exchanging pages.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Livejournal post:
Kinda bummed out by my 'best' mate recently. He got a new girlfriend last year and since then I hardly ever get to see him. Just found out he's blowing me off on saturday to go hang out with his girlfriend's grandparents, despite repeated reminders that we're playing on saturday and that I'd like them to come along.

He's like this every time he gets a new girl and tbh it's leaving me feeling a bit shitty which I know is dumb, but when you've been tight with someone for like 12 years and you see them slowly disappearing from your life it does sting a little. And then of course, if/when they break up he'll be on the blower every night asking if I'm free to hang.

Bah. As I say, I feel a bit selfish feeling like this but this is the only place I can vent.

Anyway, move along, nothing to see here! Time to go to play to three paying customers and two other bands. ... yay

Mikeside

Diamonds > any other gift/ thoughtful gesture. Take note.

On a slightly earlier topic (stupid kids needed teaching today - rude) I wish someone had told me to play the Fallouts/ESs on PC before I put 9 million hours into levelling up my character into a boss on the 360 and then being unable to do anything with the character due to the game crashing every 2-3 minutes. Bollocks is what it is.

I also hope you haven't got knob-rot, tash (phone just Autocorrected that to 'rash'; I hope that's not an omen).

Mine usually autocorrects him to trash.

I'm fairly certain it's not a coincidence.

Kent... wow dude. Wow.

In a week it will have been six months since I entered the sweet canals of a lady.

Livejournal post:
Kinda bummed out by my 'best' mate recently. He got a new girlfriend last year and since then I hardly ever get to see him. Just found out he's blowing me off on saturday to go hang out with his girlfriend's grandparents, despite repeated reminders that we're playing on saturday and that I'd like them to come along.

He's like this every time he gets a new girl and tbh it's leaving me feeling a bit shitty which I know is dumb, but when you've been tight with someone for like 12 years and you see them slowly disappearing from your life it does sting a little. And then of course, if/when they break up he'll be on the blower every night asking if I'm free to hang.

Bah. As I say, I feel a bit selfish feeling like this but this is the only place I can vent.

Anyway, move along, nothing to see here! Time to go to play to three paying customers and two other bands. ... yay

I'll be there for it bud. Am excited to see the new stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom