• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirlond

He works in media. He cant say much else.

So when scotland is independent, will people stop caring about Murray ? Also what happens to our Olympians?

Suairyu

Banned
what is your exact job suairyu
I'm a researcher for an international television production company. I help make documentaries by researching stories, speaking to contributors, helping organise film shoots, finding old archive material, etc. Occasionally I get to go on shoots myself and learn different skills like sound recording etc.

The project I have been on since last year has involved a lot of communication with people in the States. This is obviously impossible on Welcome To Earf day, and likely will be impossible tomorrow as well.

Ultimately, all you need to know is that my job is the butt of a very funny joke by Charlie Brooker.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Wow

I kinda wish i never asked, that brooker thing made me depressed, suairyu

querstion 2, why did you castrate yourself, what's the point? You should still have to bag up right?

Suairyu

Banned
Wow

I kinda wish i never asked, that brooker thing made me depressed, suairyu
Don't be. It's an incredibly rewarding job at times. It can be shit, yes, but what job isn't?

querstion 2, why did you castrate yourself, what's the point? You should still have to bag up right?
I don't ever want kids. I have known this since a young age.

I don't have to "bag up" because I'm in a monogamous relationship with someone I trust where we've both had sexual health tests.

Once this relationship is over, yes, I shall use condoms until I am once again in a monogamous relationship and both myself and my partner have been tested.

Darren870

It's a great way to start the day, my routine:

Up at 6:30am, dress, eat a banana
Gym (10 min walk away) at about 7am
45 mins - 1 hour in the gym
Back for 8am for a shower and Granola with Greek Yoghurt

Usually at my "desk" for 8:45 (work from home).

I will need to adjust it when I get an office, but not by much, anything after 5:30am is ok with me.

You burn calories through the day at a better rate, you sleep better, you feel energised as the endorphins flood your body etc...

Only down side is it's cuts into my wanking time, I usually wake up with an erection that could hammer a tent peg in and the gf is already in the shower...

Yea I do the same. I luck out because my gym is only 4 floors down from my office. I usually then go again later though.

Days that I wake up late or don't go to the gym in the morning I feel like crap. I don't do as long since I go later but I get in a 30 min run or something. I feel much more energetic and in less of a bad mood.

no angel

The only negative thing I can say against a lot of those are timber frame.

Solid brick> timber frame.
Oh definitely but when you see how much square footage you get compared to us it leaves you with a bit of a sour taste, especially after the wife and I spent all day yesterday looking at new developments and floor plans!

Oh definitely but when you see how much square footage you get compared to us it leaves you with a bit of a sour taste, especially after the wife and I spent all day yesterday looking at new developments and floor plans!

Like I said it's the only real problem I have with some of those US homes. But you get the square footage to make up for it.
Conversely in the UK most new housing estates have timber framed buildings with brick cladding, which are tiny.

Darren870

Like I said it's the only real problem I have with some of those US homes. But you get the square footage to make up for it.
Conversely in the UK most new housing estates have timber framed buildings with brick cladding, which are tiny.

Yea but our houses are no where near public transport. I haven't seen that in the UK in my time here. You have to drive EVERYWHERE...which means no one ever leaves because your house is where you spend all your time.

f0rk

Yea but our houses are no where near public transport. I haven't seen that in the UK in my time here. You have to drive EVERYWHERE...which means no one ever leaves because your house is where you spend all your time.

Yeah the reason they have all that room seems to be because they reach out further from actual civilization than we do

Good point. I guess being a teenager with no access to a car must be pretty dull.
Some of the bigger houses seemed to be cities I'd never heard of either.

SmokyDave

There's a Notts Gaffer in that house thread (gingerlord). Never seen 'im around these parts before.

I think NottsGAF might be a huge underground force to be reckoned with.

Darren870

Good point. I guess being a teenager with no access to a car must be pretty dull.
Some of the bigger houses seemed to be cities I'd never heard of either.

Its towns and yea... there is NOTHING to do. If you are even remotely anti social you are alone with boredom. "Mom ... can we go to to the movies..." "No, that is 45 mins away....."

nickcv

after weeks searching for the perfect place I gave up.

We took a small (and I really mean small), cheap and (most important) temporary flat in Victoria.

The truth is that we don't really know the city and I have no clue about where I'd like to live.
at least this place being so central will give me the chance to experience each side of London before making a more permanent decision.

I'm still without a proper internet connection until tuesday and all my console are sitting there begging for internet.

Now the next step is the gym.
I was thinking about joining some chain because if I move in a completely different place I won't have to get a new membership.

Any suggestion?

jimbor

Banned
I was thinking of waking up early next week and do morning gym sessions but after breakfast before going to work. I'm expecting the first week will suck but will counter that with a new workout routine and music playlist.

Training fasted could works too. and is good if you're trying to lose weight. Some caffeine half an hour before will power you through.

jimbor

Banned
after weeks searching for the perfect place I gave up.

We took a small (and I really mean small), cheap and (most important) temporary flat in Victoria.

The truth is that we don't really know the city and I have no clue about where I'd like to live.
at least this place being so central will give me the chance to experience each side of London before making a more permanent decision.

I'm still without a proper internet connection until tuesday and all my console are sitting there begging for internet.

Now the next step is the gym.
I was thinking about joining some chain because if I move in a completely different place I won't have to get a new membership.

Any suggestion?

Depends what you're after. If you're not bothered about classes and massive free weight selections, the gymgroup or fitspace could both be cheap and easy options.

SKINNER!

Banned
Training fasted could works too.

Training on an empty stomach sounds bizarre but I'll give it try at least once. Gym is a floor down from the office too so hopefully get in by 7 and work out and shower and at my desk by 8.45. Glad to hear that it'll chirp me up throughout the day.

So I just got back from Man of Steel. yeaaaaa, that wasn't...great. and there isn't even an ihop close by :(

He works in media. He cant say much else.

So when scotland is independent, will people stop caring about Murray ? Also what happens to our Olympians?

There's going to be a UK draft before independence comes in. Swapping sports athletes and celebs. They can have Chris Hoy but not Murray.

sorry Chappelle

SteveWD40

Depends what you're after. If you're not bothered about classes and massive free weight selections, the gymgroup or fitspace could both be cheap and easy options.

I use the Gymgroup in Manchester, £15.99 a month, no frills but nice, they have used the whole floor of an office building so it's really light and has nice views, massive as well.

Mr. Sam

The best kart racer of all-time - donkey will like this - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is only £5 on Steam right now, and free to play until Sunday.

Mr. Sam

CHEEZMO™;68173436 said:
Yeah I saw it earlier and lasted like 90 seconds. Needs shooting.

I made it to 75 before going, "Well, I don't like where this is going." Good on Holly if she didn't just smile and nod.

Suairyu

Banned
The best kart racer of all-time - donkey will like this - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is only £5 on Steam right now, and free to play until Sunday.
Fantastic. I was waiting for a sale. The original launched at £10 on PC so I wasn't going to pay more than that for the sequel.

nickcv

just a nice gym, we don't care much about classes, we'd just like to have someone who pays attention to us and give us some indications.

I use the Gymgroup in Manchester, £15.99 a month, no frills but nice, they have used the whole floor of an office building so it's really light and has nice views, massive as well.

wow the price is amazing

Sadetar

Three Way!

That is...
6me.gif

...a perfect solution.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The Eiffel tower is the only solution. Upon eye-contact, mandatory high-five.

3Sixty

Damn missed moaning about getting up early. I work shifts so depends on what im doing normally i'm never up before 9AM.

Then again I'm never in bed before 1AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom