• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eastenders or Corry?

Blackpool or Brighton?

British Bulldog or Stuck in the Mud?

Uh, no thanks.

Blackpool.

Umm...
mud.jpg

Chinner

Banned
I think the main discussion of him getting the snip was before your time, NinjaBoi. So yeah it was a conscious decision and he is genuinely happy that it has turned out exactly as he designed.

In other news, Janelle Monae's video for QUEEN is amazing. Wish GreenScar was still here to enjoy it with me.

i got her archandriod album and it's pretty good, but i never really invested a lot of time for it to 'click' with me.

this song is really good though.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
i got her archandriod album and it's pretty good, but i never really invested a lot of time for it to 'click' with me.

this song is really good though.
Yeah, I'm still not 100% on understanding her aesthetic, I think I need to revisit Metropolis to really have the narrative click with me better. But I appreciate her music enough to like most of the songs on ArchAndroid. The highlights for me would definitely be:

Dance or Die, Faster, Locked Inside, Sir Greendown, Cold War, Tightrope, Wondaland.

Which is damn near every track. And she's really one of those artists that you would do yourself a favor to just listen to the whole album rather than cherry pick songs. Each of her tracks flows so effortlessly into the next in true master of overture that it just works better that way. Her music is just infectiously catchy in a good way and uses a lot of references I resonate with. Janelle is from Kansas City which is my hometown and has lots of Sci-Fi in her aesthetic and lyrics (Metropolis, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep AKA blade runner etc.).

janelle_monae.jpg

Was introduced to her by my gf a year ago and have been following her efforts ever since. She actually went to one of the concerts and sat in the front row with Janelle's family, mostly because she went with her friend who is extremely wealthy due to her grandfather being one of the co-founders of Pizza Hut.

Her newest album that Queen and Dance Apocalyptic are from, called Electric Lady comes out in September.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HOWEVER, BGBW can we collaborate to make the next OT, i can draw but I cannot photoshop
Sure I can give it a go. Though with your mention of drawing I should point out that I have hardly use Photoshop to colour in drawings. I just tend to manipulate images.

Well now you have to refer to me as f0rk BSc
I was also tempted after my degree to have my name changed to BGBWBScAKC HA HA

(last bit is for an optional course I did at King's)

Sadetar

Congratulations f0rk!

Sure I can give it a go. Though with your mention of drawing I should point out that I have hardly use Photoshop to colour in drawings. I just tend to manipulate images.

I was also tempted after my degree to have my name changed to BGBWBScAKC HA HA

(last bit is for an optional course I did at King's)
Wow. I might manage to find some motivation from this name thing for writing my graduation thesis.

How awesome it would be to be called Master (of Arts).

Mikeside

Got a first bitchesssssssss

Well done, mate!
Time to kill off somma dem brain cells, Alabama style.

Happy 4th July, everyone - I think we should celebrate America finally moving out and getting it's own place all those years ago. It might still pop back every now and then with a black sack full of washing to do and expecting a slap up meal and some motherly approval from ole' Liz and yes, it may get itself into trouble what with all the guns, drugs, rockstars and George W Bush but by and large I think America's done kind of alright for a kid with big ideas out in the world.

You keep on truckin', America.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
tashbrooke has good drawing skills, but i do not trust him in creating the op.
Since we now know all future OTs must be in the Community forum the OT probably won't need to have as much effort put into it. I'm sure we can trust him.

Best thing about 4th July is that it follows the dd/mm/yyyy structure.

Chinner

Banned
Since we now know all future OTs must be in the Community forum the OT probably won't need to have as much effort put into it. I'm sure we can trust him.

If tashbrooke gains control of the thread, he will make the thread into a haven for southern posters - a place where they will feel safe, useful and be needed. this will be done by eliminating the north and making all talk exclusively about london.

he will call the thread 'outer devon'.

Mikeside

If tashbrooke gains control of the thread, he will make the thread into a haven for southern posters - a place where they will feel safe, useful and be needed. this will be done by eliminating the north and making all talk exclusively about london.

he will call the thread 'outer devon'.

Sounds good to me.
Bloody northerners have been a bit uppity for my liking lately.

Suairyu

Banned
If you think about it, the 4th of July is the most unchristian holiday ever.

The Americans freed themselves from the English King.

But kings are ordained by God, as per the early days of Christianity onwards.

Thus, Americans celebrate their paganism.

Bunch of godless upstarts who don't want to work on a Thursday like decent folk.

NinjaBoiX

If you think about it, the 4th of July is the most unchristian holiday ever.

The Americans freed themselves from the English King.

But kings are ordained by God, as per the early days of Christianity onwards.

Thus, Americans celebrate their paganism.

Bunch of godless upstarts who don't want to work on a Thursday like decent folk.
UmpOi.gif

Morning fuckers!

Had a little adventure just now with getting cereal down from a high cupboard in the kitchen, had to think outside the box with a broom handle.

SteveWD40

I love how they never thank France for their independence, we only stopped sending troops because we couldn't fight on two fronts.

Vive la France.

Mikeside

V6sPsuC.gif

Come at me Colonial Brit Gaf, you owe your freedom fries to Jean Paul Gautier, Jean Paul Satre and Pepe le pew.

I'm actually the worst at traditional British racism.

The only French people I've met that I didn't like were some really stuck up Parisian girls - others I've met have all been incredibly nice and fun people.

But then I also find Germans to have the best sense of humour so maybe it's just me.

Where's the thread racist when we need him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom