• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Got a 16/17 hour day tomorrow

and another for the meetup

I've had enough of gifs, they're no longer cool (unless they hayley)

It's all about jpegs now

low_resolution_21.jpg

Rich!

Well, that was an interesting job interview (sales co-ordinator for a billion dollar firm).

I got to the "have you got any questions?" part, and sensed it was the end of the interview. I asked the HR manager and line manager who were interviewing me outright what their reservations were about me (which they obviously werent expecting). Essentially, the HR manager stated that I've got the skills necessary and I'm obviously intelligent and on the point enough for it, however she felt I am too ambitious for the job. Basically, she felt that I'd end up wanting to move on in my career to something bigger (like I've done each time), and leave them in the lurch. The job depends on fostering long relationships with clients, and they need someone who would stick around. They felt I just wanted to get the hell out of my current job (which is true to an extent).

I made it quite clear that I just want a stable job I can rely on for years, which I can excel at. I said that essentially, I want a boring life with no worries of where I may end up - and with a 9 month old daughter, that's all I want. At the end of the interview, she seemed happy and stated she was very glad I cleared that up. Maybe that saved me? I dunno.

Either way, I'll hear back soon and if I'm lucky, I'll get a final interview with them and the MD next week. scary stuff

i did fuck up my speech a lot though, nervous as hell. i know how those women in american beauty paegents who say utter, utter crap when asked questions feel now.

SteveWD40

I see the 4th July thread turned into a car crash WW2 pissing contest, how original. It's funny how the minute a mod laid the truth bomb all the Americans shut the fuck up about it (except that one guy dying to troll, poor mans Korey clearly).

I sense no irony in the "best country in the world!" posts as well, it's kind of sad really, most diverse country? probably, but best at what exactly? Military spending, locking up your citizens and believing in angles?

I did just watch The Newsroom the other day to be fair

SKINNER!

Banned
Currently waiting at the train station heading to the capital and there's a Daily Express on the seat next to me. "10p cheaper than the Daily Mail and ten times better!" it says. Ha!

Darren and Donkey, did you get any fireworks for 4th of July?

Sadetar

Good Morning Darlings!

Morning BritGAF!

Oh my god, last night was awful.

I woke up and my neck spasmed very violently, there was a lot of pain and lots of swearing.
...that doesn't sound particularly pleasurable.

Did the doc say anything that how soon will it get better?

Mikeside

That's her problem, not yours.

I feel like that wouldn't be an ok thing to do.

After how last night went... I guess I'm sort of tempted to do it anyway.

Meetup will clear my head of bullshit and I can make a decision. It's probably too soon to be thinking about this anyway.

Chinner

Banned

Meetup will clear my head of bullshit and I can make a decision. It's probably too soon to be thinking about this anyway.

have you considered musha?

jimbor

Banned

I side with Suairyu on this one. It's his problem not yours as if she's going to cheat, she's going to cheat. Why not be the beneficiary?

If that doesn't sit okay with you morally, that's fair enough.

Good Morning Darlings!

...that doesn't sound particularly pleasurable.

Did the doc say anything that how soon will it get better?

He said it could take a few days, yesterday there were noticeably less spasms but like I said last night was awful. My girlfriend sprayed deep freeze on the affected area but that didn't help. This has been going on for roughly two weeks one way or another but this week has been the worse week by far.

Suairyu

Banned

It's not your responsibility to maintain the fidelity of others.

Enjoy yourself. If she's willing to cheat then clearly that relationship should be over anyway.

SKINNER!

Banned
Seems everything went well with the interview. Fingers crossed it works out richisawesome. Don't worry too much about the waffling. At least they know you aren't the quiet mouse type.

With Gifs/images enabled and access to a proper internet connection, I now see why everyone's commenting on Sadetar's gigs.

SmokyDave

Chick's a bitch, but I won't lie, I do sometimes make snap judgements based on names alone. I remember scanning down the register of a school for kids with behavioural difficulties that I was doing some work for. There were only about 6 different first names in every class of 35 kids. That definitely stuck with me.

I see the 4th July thread turned into a car crash WW2 pissing contest, how original. It's funny how the minute a mod laid the truth bomb all the Americans shut the fuck up about it (except that one guy dying to troll, poor mans Korey clearly).

I sense no irony in the "best country in the world!" posts as well, it's kind of sad really, most diverse country? probably, but best at what exactly? Military spending, locking up your citizens and believing in angles?

I did just watch The Newsroom the other day to be fair

Pride is all they really have anymore. Leave 'em to it.

Funny how you don't seem to see Norwegians lording their actual measurable superiority over everyone.

Sadetar

Enjoy yourself. If she's willing to cheat then clearly that relationship should be over anyway.
I agree with that.

Even though I wouldn't be with a girl who would be ready to cheat... or well, perhaps some fancy pancy action in bed, but I wouldn't never date any.

He said it could take a few days, yesterday there were noticeably less spasms but like I said last night was awful. My girlfriend sprayed deep freeze on the affected area but that didn't help. This has been going on for roughly two weeks one way or another but this week has been the worse week by far.
Awww. Hopefully you get better soon!

SteveWD40

Mikes problem might be the bf finding out, don't know the guy but he is sure to have friends and a scorned other half can do some fucked up shit.

SKINNER!

Banned
Chick's a bitch, but I won't lie, I do sometimes make snap judgements based on names alone. I remember scanning down the register of a school for kids with behavioural difficulties that I was doing some work for. There were only about 6 different first names in every class of 35 kids. That definitely stuck with me.

Haven't seen the video but I'm curious to know how snap judgements are made based solely on names. I know I unintentionally attach a nationality when I hear a foreign name but I've never made a judgement like "Oh, his name is Shaun*. Bet he's a twat" or "His name is Fred**. He sounds like an alright person." Even unusual/posh names. They do stand out mind you.

*Just an example. sorry if your name is Shaun.
**Don't flatter yourself.

Got my first choice of college and course! Waterford IT here I come!

A few of us are double-billing This Is The End and Pacific Rim to celebrate next weekend, but until then I'm going to enjoy this Amazon package that just arrived at my door. Life is good, you guys.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, that was an interesting job interview (sales co-ordinator for a billion dollar firm).

That's really impressive man, I bet if nothing else it would help you to stand out and to seem like you've actually got a brain in your head. I think the best interviews are the ones where you manage to shift it from interrogation through to a conversation which you seem to have succeeded in. good luck man!

Rich!

That's really impressive man, I bet if nothing else it would help you to stand out and to seem like you've actually got a brain in your head. I think the best interviews are the ones where you manage to shift it from interrogation through to a conversation which you seem to have succeeded in. good luck man!

Thanks man

Yeah, I have a lot of experience being the interviewer, so I kinda knew how to twist it into my favour. I just didn't expect to be so nervous.

Hopefully I get it. With bonus it's a salary of £35k, which may not seem like THAT much - but it'd literally be all I need for years and years to come.

and it'd look amazing on my CV

Mikeside

Mikes problem might be the bf finding out, don't know the guy but he is sure to have friends and a scorned other half can do some fucked up shit.

I'm not so worried about the guy. Actually I am now you've mentioned it. Bugger.

I agree with that.

Even though I wouldn't be with a girl who would be ready to cheat... or well, perhaps some fancy pancy action in bed, but I wouldn't never date any.

Awww. Hopefully you get better soon!

THIS is kind of the issue. If she'd be willing to cheat on him that doesn't really start things off in the best light.

I guess you're right about this but I'd feel like such a douchebag. I'll see how it goes. She seemed pretty psyched to be talking to me again even when we talked about what a dick I was when we went out.

I'm seeing her next week so it's probably not worth making a judgement until I get more of a gauge on how she feels about it

SmokyDave

Not that you'll take any advice after a few bevvies, but don't do it. You don't stand to gain much but stress from what I can tell. Be honest, tell her what you want but that she needs to sort her affairs first.

Or, get a guilty shag followed by a good kicking from some random dude.

You've been a nice guy most of your life. Be a cunt for a little bit, get all up in that forbidden fruit. Be Mikedarkside.

edit: and grow a mustache
He doesn't have the chops. You can't turn that sort of thing on, you can only hope to be able to turn it off.

I'm not so worried about the guy. Actually I am now you've mentioned it. Bugger.

THIS is kind of the issue. If she'd be willing to cheat on him that doesn't really start things off in the best light.

I guess you're right about this but I'd feel like such a douchebag. I'll see how it goes. She seemed pretty psyched to be talking to me again even when we talked about what a dick I was when we went out.

I'm seeing her next week so it's probably not worth making a judgement until I get more of a gauge on how she feels about it

Don't do it man, if she wants to be with you or anyone else then she shouldn't be with this guy. Plus if she cheats on him who's to say that she won't cheat on you? I'd also be very wary of the boyfriend, if he finds out then he won't care if it takes two to tango, all he'll probably care about is beating seven bells out of you.

f0rk

If you want a relationship I wouldn't because as you say it doesn't put her in the most positive light as a starting point

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm certainly not saying Mike should get into a relationship with her, but a naughty bunkup? Go for it, live that human experience with all the schadenfraude that entails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom