• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an orange flavour relentless... I am really tempted to buy a can or two and try it with vodka - but sort of banning myself after last weekends antics.

If it's anything like the orange Monster it'll be decent.

Talking of energy drinks, I'm kind of avoiding them after drinking one every couple of days until recently. No real reason, I just got fed up of feeling buzzed I guess.

We can't all roll through life with a strong jawline like yours brah.

Look around corner shops for dragon soop and save yourself the trouble of poring drinks.

The entire thing would have been avoided if i could get a hold of some weed.

I've never heard of Dragon Soup, sounds like something from Game of Thrones.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
holy shit dragon soop sounds amazing

If you can find a shop that does it always add it into your basket when your getting a carry out. A few cans to get you started or finished. It's really easy to drink too, your body won't think its drinking anything else but an energy drink. The taste of the vodka is 100 percent masked.

Its a hard hitting drink for sure.

If I pour my own drinks, I choose the vodka intake (reason why I get fucked so quickly)

I'm the same, I don't touch vodka for that reason. After a few its so damn easy to pore half and half mixtures.

Chinner

Banned
Here's something all the mid-20s nerds will get - you're our Team Rocket.

ohPehTy.jpg

Chinner

Banned
just found out one of my old best friends from the GCSE days has died. I never really kept in contact with him afterwards, but I have lots of memories of the shit we used to get up to. i'm a little shocked.

SteveWD40

just found out one of my old best friends from the GCSE days has died. I never really kept in contact with him afterwards, but I have lots of memories of the shit we used to get up to. i'm a little shocked.

When I was about 28 I found out a friend from High School / College (and we were close friends when we were 12) had died of Leukaemia. It really threw me, he always seemed healthy, played basketball etc... It just seems so young no matter how it happens.

Chinner

Banned
When I was about 28 I found out a friend from High School / College (and we were close friends when we were 12) had died of Leukaemia. It really threw me, he always seemed healthy, played basketball etc... It just seems so young no matter how it happens.

yeah indeed, he's only 24 and was just entering his third year of uni. it's pretty sad.

Lirlond

They got waxed for charity and haven't grown back yet lol

Sucks chinner. Everyone I know needs to live longer than me. I cant handle death

The below doesn’t affect me in any way, I’m certainly not the friend mentioned below, I am however interested in people’s opinions.

One of the teams where I work have been told that they are now under consultation, 35 positions will be deleted and the people within those soon to be deleted 35 positions will have to apply for new positions that will be created, 10 new positions will be created.

Out of the 35 employees one is currently on maternity leave and another employee is going on maternity leave very soon, they have been told that they will each get one of these 10 jobs. So realistically there will be only be 8 positions available for 33 people.

One of my friends is in the consultation, he says that the employer cannot discriminate (obviously) but he feels that they are discriminating by giving two jobs to two employees who will be or are on maternity leave and he feels that these two employees should be treated like the other employees.

Thoughts?

8bit

Knows the Score
My guess would be that the company would be susceptible to legal action if they removed the jobs of women on / about to take maternity leave as their jobs are supposed to be guaranteed during leave.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Sorry to hear that man, only school friend I lost was during school to cancer, he was ready for it though and he spent his last year in peace

Rubbish King

The below doesn’t affect me in any way, I’m certainly not the friend mentioned below, I am however interested in people’s opinions.

One of the teams where I work have been told that they are now under consultation, 35 positions will be deleted and the people within those soon to be deleted 35 positions will have to apply for new positions that will be created, 10 new positions will be created.

Out of the 35 employees one is currently on maternity leave and another employee is going on maternity leave very soon, they have been told that they will each get one of these 10 jobs. So realistically there will be only be 8 positions available for 33 people.

One of my friends is in the consultation, he says that the employer cannot discriminate (obviously) but he feels that they are discriminating by giving two jobs to two employees who will be or are on maternity leave and he feels that these two employees should be treated like the other employees.

Thoughts?

Unless they are the backbone of that subgroup that is unfair.

My guess would be that the company would be susceptible to legal action if they removed the jobs of women on / about to take maternity leave as their jobs are supposed to be guaranteed during leave.

That's my guess too, I very much doubt that they are doing it out of the niceness of their hearts.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

It's terrible knowing when your like 70 or so you will have this situation to deal with every few weeks.

Rubbish King

The company is protecting its ass, if they made these two women redundant whilst they were on maternity leave they'd be in deep shit.

This is actually making me quite angry, it doesnt fucking matter, should all the women in the department get preggers so they cant lose their job?

SteveWD40

This is actually making me quite angry, it doesnt fucking matter, should all the women in the department get preggers so they cant lose their job?

Problem is, it sets a precedent for other companies to fuck over pregnant women. The law is there for a reason, sometimes it seems crap (like in this instance) but in most others it's vital to ensure women feel safe to start a family.

Companies have no moral compass, they would screw all pregnant women out of their jobs if they could get away with it.

Rubbish King

Problem is, it sets a precedent for other companies to fuck over pregnant women. The law is there for a reason, sometimes it seems crap (like in this instance) but in most others it's vital to ensure women feel safe to start a family.

Companies have no moral compass, they would screw all pregnant women out of their jobs if they could get away with it.

But it's not about screwing the pregnant women, they're screwing like 25 people, so they'll be screwing just the non-pregnant people

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
In positive news it looks like you guys passed a gay marriage bill for England and Wales. Good show chaps. Embarrass the fuck out of our country for barely being able to secure legislation in a handful of states.

Tashbrooke said:
But it's not about screwing the pregnant women, they're screwing like 25 people, so they'll be screwing just the non-pregnant people

I think it's an important rights protection practice to protect women from getting the boot due to needing more time to carry, deliver and care for a child. There really is no way around it, as unfortunate a situation as it is. People are being let go no matter what, the real ugly side of it is that the company (fully knowing pregnant women are protected from redundancy during maternity leave) has told everyone else that instead of offering 10 spots they are only offering 8 because of complying with worker rights. That's scummy and bullshit.

The only realistic and fair change I could see happening would be to extend those protections to new fathers as well, but those situations are a lot less important as the men are not the ones carrying the child and thus are less likely to be taking time off before and around the time of birth.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Trying to be the next Jason Mraz, Kent? Too busy for my tastes, I like more simple designs. It's really just the text above and below the picture on the shirt that turn me off the most.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Couldn't find a bigger picture but I picked this tour shirt up last weekend at the Matchbox 20 / Goo Goo Dolls concert:

BGCTGG26.JPG

Regretting getting this version as I would have preferred this one, but that was all they had left.

Rubbish King

I like the jeans one, but there's no fucking way I'm spending £40 on a tee.

I believe Clothing prices now are barely justifiable, atleast when you bought a tracksuit at JD you knew you were buying it for the brand and quality, now things are pricey for the fucking sake of it, it's disgusting

SKINNER!

Banned
That awkward feeling when your boss is hyping up your work and you don't think it's that purplexed but you get all paranoid and wonder if you're missing something important.

Jordan

I believe Clothing prices now are barely justifiable, atleast when you bought a tracksuit at JD you knew you were buying it for the brand and quality, now things are pricey for the fucking sake of it, it's disgusting

To be fair, the only brand I find justifiable is SuperDry... their shit is the dogs bollocks.

NinjaBoiX

To be fair, the only brand I find justifiable is SuperDry... their shit is the dogs bollocks.
OFf4ivi.gif

The only problem with their tees is that the cotton is almost too good. They're a little thick on a super hot day. But the material, fit, stitching, everything is primo quality.

Edit: Tash, chavs are cool. Loosen up man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom