• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
To be fair, the only brand I find justifiable is SuperDry... their shit is the dogs bollocks.

KutC0eR.gif

NinjaBoiX

The SuperDry hate, I don't get it. Good quality shit man! It has been commandeered by the chav brigade, no doubt, but it certainly isn't shoddy tatt.

It definitely a bit loud and brash, but I dunno, some of their stuff is really cool IMO.

faridmon

Ugh XSEED thread has a Gaffer asking XSEED employees if he can work for them for free.

Fucking unpaid "internships" fuck me off so much. People begging to be exploited and to make the job market harder for themselves.

I wish I could have an unpaid internship. Construction industry is so competitive these days.

The SuperDry hate, I don't get it. Good quality shit man! It has been commandeered by the chav brigade, no doubt, but it certainly isn't shoddy tatt.

It definitely a bit loud and brash, but I dunno, some of their stuff is really cool IMO.

I'd rather not look like an advertising board.

f0rk

I thought they were owned by the same people like Game and Gamestation.

JJB is the entry level 1.0 Fiesta to JD's 2.0 Fiesta Zetec.
I definitely didn't know there are tiers; does that mean if I see someone going into a JD I can presume they are a higher class of chav than the guy going into JJB?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Some people can pull of a black tee. I just couldn't imagine myself in one. I rock a decent black polo no bother though.

KWBIjuV.jpg

Bold as fuck love it man.

Linkage

JJB is the entry level 1.0 Fiesta to JD's 2.0 Fiesta Zetec.

Hells no.

JJB is a store mothers will take their children to before football training to buy some decent sports shit. JD is a place that has all the higher branded sports chav wear, Then of course you have USC who stock the real deal in chav wear. The next step up is they ultra expensive stores that stock paul shark stuff.

Mckenzie-Boca-T-Shirt.jpg

I used to love JD sports when i was a teenager. Every month or so they released an entire new line of awesome tshirts. Perfect for wearing with grey joggies and a pair of airmax

Kentpaul

Kent loves it.

Nuff said.

I used to love it. My new store crush is JACK JONES. Been in the jack jones store in amsterdam because jack jones is that awesome.

Tracksuits seem to be something only the most hardcore chav's wear. The type of chav that carry's a blade and doesn't have a good heart.

1303139724-85581200.jpg

I would never mess with a young man wearing a tracksuit. Love the colouring to the one i posted though lol

Goddamn they blue tracky bottoms would go with any white tshirt perfect

Really enjoyed Pacific Rim. Spectacular visuals, not tarnished by the usual barrage of cuts and edits. Robots with weight and impact to them unlike Bay's cartwheeling and somersaulting Transformers. The film's also way more charming and a lot funnier than the marketing would have you believe.

Probably the best movie of the summer, or at least top three with This Is The End and Star Trek Into Darkness.

NinjaBoiX

superdry-technical-windcheater-jacket.jpg

Wish i picked one of the jackets up when they were in major fashion. Went with a fucking jack jones jacket from the rack right next to it. Its a tough one to swallow but all i can do now is wait till the next great jacket comes on the scene and jump on it.
I have this with white print. I've barely worn it. It's not cool anymore, so that's about when I should start wearing it.

I call it "post-fashion", it's way existential.
Superdry hate

WTF is world coming to
tumblr_lcex9kMR8T1qclfbk.gif

Suairyu

Banned
I wish I could have an unpaid internship. Construction industry is so competitive these days.
People volunteering themselves for unpaid internships is what makes the job market so competitive - companies don't need to hire for entry level positions, as people will do it for free. This leads to no entry level jobs, so only the already-wealthy can actually afford to start proper careers.

But at least you're getting that "valuable experience*" !!!

*valuable experience = making people coffee, and most likely will not lead to a job

There are some naive fuck journalism grads who actually write articles etc. for major publications like the Guardian and Telegraph for fucking free because they want to "have something published to get my career going" etc. Too bad that they've now valued their writing as completely worthless as they've shown they'll do it for free, and also made the amount other journalists can ask for as a fee for writing be significantly less ("Oh you want X for the article? This guy will do it for free! Your family is not my concern")

Short of it - ever agreeing to an unpaid internship that isn't part of an educational course is fucking you and everyone else over. Don't ever do it. Have some fucking dignity.

Kentpaul

I have this with white print. I've barely worn it. It's not cool anymore, so that's about when I should start wearing it.

tumblr_lcex9kMR8T1qclfbk.gif

People will hang out their cars and shout "YOUR LATE TO THE PARTY BRO" Fuck that risk.

Completely gutted i didn't get one when they were hot though. Mehh

NinjaBoiX

People will hang out their cars and shout "YOUR LATE TO THE PARTY BRO" Fuck that risk.

Completely gutted i didn't get one when they were hot though. Mehh
It's a really nice coat. Fuck the hipsters, I'm going to wear it every day now.

Three double zips down the front is a little much though! It's super snug as well, you couldn't rock it as a fatty.

faridmon

Jack jones are great. There stores always play some amazing tunes too. It's a great thing.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81Wr1F2-pKL._SL1500_.jpg[img]

JACK JONES WILL UNITE US ALL[/QUOTE]

I can get behind that. Great Jeans selections and Vintage sections. Great Music inshore and lovely interior makes this best of the bunch. Muji are always great if I have more money to burn.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Talking of tshirts there was talk at the meet that if Evi-kun ever opens up submissions for tshirts we should come up with one. I suggested lazily reusing our Steam logo but if it ever does happen it will have been so long since Jeremygate that its probably better to go with something else.

faridmon

People volunteering themselves for unpaid internships is what makes the job market so competitive - companies don't need to hire for entry level positions, as people will do it for free. This leads to no entry level jobs, so only the already-wealthy can actually afford to start proper careers.

I don't know. This is an egg and chicken situation where you may say its bull and all, but it happens and everyone should deal with it. The market is competitive just because companies don't want to hire staff when they have their own people and the market is stifled with foreign outsourcing.
For one, you need to know your way around things and companies lose money just to train people figure out things. They don't teach anything at University and people tend to learn the practical stuff while working. Now if you are a company, you don't want to hire some people on the basis of teaching them how practical work environment work when there is no guarantee that they themselves will stay at the at work offices.

I don't know about journalism,but for more practical jobs, I can see internship being useful for both parties.

SKINNER!

Banned
It's not cool anymore, so that's about when I should start wearing it.

hehe, I still wear Nike Air basketball trainers and baggy shirts like it's the 90s from time to time.

tpru79R.gif

Really wish I could pick up some decent retro-lookin' basketball shoes as the ones in the shop today look like complete shit.

NinjaBoiX

hehe, I still wear Nike Air basketball trainers and baggy shirts like it's the 90s from time to time.

tpru79R.gif

Really wish I could pick up some decent retro-lookin' basketball shoes as the ones in the shop today look like complete shit.
Shorty knows what's up.

Apparently New Balance are the new hotness. True story.

So are we still on for a few games of TLoU tonight?

Shorty, shoot me a friend request, you too Mikeside. Same handle. I'm pending on Jed.

Edit: 3sixty, that print is really cool. Very summer.

3Sixty

I wore it to Avicii at Ushuaia and it seemed to go down with the Spanish girl who was trying to conceive my child in the crowd.

SteveWD40

Just had the best burger of my life.

Almost Famous in Manchester burned down a while ago, so they opened a burger / drinks shack off Deansgate while they re-build, went there on a whim (having heard how good their burgers are)...dear god.

It tastes home made, served on a brioche with what can only be called "classy big mac sauce". It's like god made you a big mac or something.

For the record, I have eaten burgers all around the world, from NYC to London and Germany to Australia, this was the best.

Check it out NorthernGaf.

Kentpaul

Quarter Pounder > Big Mac

A proper pub burger with a homemade patty > everything. Nothing is more devastating than ordering a burder in a bar and getting something a car boot sale burgervan would serve. Pitty i can't eat a burger until i get my six pack. I want to wear one for the winter. It will be my first ever six pack guys!

Had a take away pizza last night and loathed in self pitty about the extra week it will set my back abs wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom