• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
iu00oElWFz7dD.gif

Jed, what's all this Skype nonsense? There is a time and a place for that sort of tomfoolery! TLoU is neither! Buy thee a headset my good man.

I just bought one now :p

but seriously, it's way more fun. Get a split screen skype session going, see everyone's houses and not have to wear a dumb headset. Last night I was just casually chatting away to musha and it was so easy, didn't have that same "you what??" vocal lag you can get with headsets.

I just wanna use all my tech haha

jimbor

Banned
I'd love to get a pull up bar, but my Dad's not okay with me propping someone onto the door frame like that.

Might go for it when I get into my uni house though.

Even one of the over the door efforts that use gravity rather than the screw in bracket ones? They don't leave any marks/damage.

3Sixty

Sweet, I guess I'll go for it then cheers. Maybe I'll even coerce my sister into buying them for me, seeing as she's only in England for 2 weeks and said she'd get me an early birthday gift if I fancied it.

I guess they really will be free weights.

Don't waste your/her's/anyones money on weights at home. Unless you're about to drop a grand on stuff.

Just join a gym.

NinjaBoiX

Don't waste your/her's/anyones money on weights at home. Unless you're about to drop a grand on stuff.

Just join a gym.
Nonsense.

A gym is obviously preferable, but you can do just fine at home if all you want to do is tone up a bit. The weights are just the same as the ones at the gym! Go for a run instead of the treadmill, yadda yadda.

You will get better results at a gym I agree, but "your wasting your time with free weights" is crazy talk.

Suairyu

Banned
Nonsense.

A gym is obviously preferable, but you can do just fine at home if all you want to do is tone up a bit. The weights are just the same as the ones at the gym! Go for a run instead of the treadmill, yadda yadda.

You will get better results at a gym I agree, but "your wasting your time with free weights" is crazy talk.
I think his point was that free weights are expensive, so it's more cost effective for most to go to a gym, at least in the short term.

You want a barbell for squats, overhead press and bench press, with weights and weight bench. Then presumably dumbbells if you want to isolate the vanity muscles such as biceps. Each muscle will need a different amount of weight, and with time you'll need yo buy more weight etc.

Until you know what you're about and you're dedicated, gym > home weights.

Lirlond

Wish I could post a picture of my gym. Converted my sisters old room with a bench, barbell, shit loads of weights and a treadmill. Need to buy an olympic bar though.

3Sixty

I think his point was that free weights are expensive, so it's more cost effective for most to go to a gym, at least in the short term.

You want a barbell for squats, overhead press and bench press, with weights and weight bench. Then presumably dumbbells if you want to isolate the vanity muscles such as biceps. Each muscle will need a different amount of weight, and with time you'll need yo buy more weight etc.

Exactly with training at home you need to go big time. Just having a set of shitty dumbbells on your bedroom floor is pretty much going to do nothing for you.

Not to mention the mental side of having a regular place/time to be at and train.

NinjaBoiX

Nah, a decent gym is £20-30 a month. You could pick up all the free weights you needed for around £50-60. That's two months membership.

I fail to see the financial savings.

Edit: I agree with 3sixty's point about a gym membership aiding discipline. Most definitely.

Yep, I priced up what I home gym would cost once out of sheer curiosity. Proper squat racks alone sat around the £500-1k mark. Then you'd need the bar, bar weights, bench, and a decent selection of dumbells for isolation exercises. And of course at the gym I have access to all the other cardio equipment, leg presses, machine weights, as I need them.

Can't wait until I get some work sorted so I can sign up to a gym once more. I personally find it much easier to work out in a dedicated environment too, with the massive guys acting as inspiration to carry on.

Nah, a decent gym is £20-30 a month. You could pick up all the free weights you needed for around £50-60. That's two months membership.

I fail to see the financial savings.

Edit: I agree with 3sixty's point about a gym membership aiding discipline. Most definitely.
Pure Gym £10.99 a month. Just don't go at peak times xD

SteveWD40

Pure Gym Manchester city centre is £15.99 per month, it takes the whole floor of an office building on New York St, it's got sooooo much kit as well as being bright with daylight through all the windows and well air conditioned (essential).

I go at 7am so it's pretty quiet, just other office workers mostly, NEVER go after 4pm in term time, fills up with students who just stand around chatting.

I can't work out at home, too many distractions, also seeing other people in great shape is a motivator.

Red. What kind of question is this?

Silver is a viable option too. Seriously, so hot.

Black is pretty nice.

Blonde might work.

No other colours are acceptable.

All my friends dye their hair red so this is not an option.

Silver is a possibility.

Black has been done and is a bitch to get rid of.

Blonde has been done and looks silly.

The girls at work want me to get this colour

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Waiting for this to digest before i work it hard, My body won't work itself. Workout now and tan later.

20130718_121937.jpg

Mikeside

What colour do you guys think I should dye my hair?

Don't go pink or purple. I always see hideous people who are trying too hard with pink/purple hair.

Fuck I just put a picture of a cat

You're so internet. I'd definitely hire you.

Can't see past the big Osbourne in the way, Urgh.

But yeah, go with silver Musha, very unusual, so damn hot!

tumblr_mo1uiyTl6E1qeen17o1_500.jpg

Love it.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.
Is it just me or does the piercing in her nose look photoshopped in?
(yes, yes, I can tell from the pixels etc etc etc)

Suairyu

Banned
Just fulfilled a life-long career ambition of being sat on the bog while your unaware co-workers moan about you just outside the cubicle. That's something you only ever see happen in television comedies, which is appropriate given my industry :D

Rich!

Eh, dunno what thread to ask in...so I'll ask here.

I want to sell my computer. It's served me well, and can run literally almost any game I throw at it on max settings give or take a few tweaks. I never get a chance to really use it anymore due to my daughter, and I've found my consoles, 3DS and tablet serve me perfectly well.

I'm going to put it on Gumtree...but I have no idea of what price to ask for. My specs:

AMD Radeon 6850 1GB
4GB 1333mhz RAM
Blu Ray Drive
AMD Phenom x4 955 Black Edition 3.6ghz
Antec One case. One usb port is broken.
Only a small 160gb HDD as I want to keep my 2tb internal drive.
No windows due to obvious licencing stuff.

So uh...any ideas?

Kentpaul

Affirmative.

Affirmative.

Gaffer just rang to tell me I got caught speeding in the van. Well that's just excellent!

Breaking the law on a Thursday ? That's a new one.

Eh, dunno what thread to ask in...so I'll ask here.

I want to sell my computer. It's served me well, and can run literally almost any game I throw at it on max settings give or take a few tweaks. I never get a chance to really use it anymore due to my daughter, and I've found my consoles, 3DS and tablet serve me perfectly well.

I'm going to put it on Gumtree...but I have no idea of what price to ask for. My specs:

AMD Radeon 6850 1GB
4GB 1333mhz RAM
Blu Ray Drive
AMD Phenom x4 955 Black Edition 3.6ghz
Antec One case. One usb port is broken.
Only a small 160gb HDD as I want to keep my 2tb internal drive.
No windows due to obvious licencing stuff.

So uh...any ideas?

Gumtree.

SKINNER!

Banned
Just fulfilled a life-long career ambition of being sat on the bog while your unaware co-workers moan about you just outside the cubicle. That's something you only ever see happen in television comedies, which is appropriate given my industry :D

After they were done, did you walk out of your cubicle and reveal yourself like a boss?

NinjaBoiX

What an entitled little dickhead.

"How dare you make jokes on the internet when I've got relationship problems! You should all be solely in the pursuit of an answer to my issue!"

I think I might know why he wants to see other people...

Yarp, just got back from the work gym. Derp face ahoy!

jSqXXPt.jpg

Pure Gym Manchester city centre is £15.99 per month, it takes the whole floor of an office building on New York St, it's got sooooo much kit as well as being bright with daylight through all the windows and well air conditioned (essential).

I go at 7am so it's pretty quiet, just other office workers mostly, NEVER go after 4pm in term time, fills up with students who just stand around chatting.

I can't work out at home, too many distractions, also seeing other people in great shape is a motivator.
I used to go to the Urban Exchange one in Manchester a bit. That one was pretty nice and had a ton of kit as well.
Can't see past the big Osbourne in the way, Urgh.

But yeah, go with silver Musha, very unusual, so damn hot!

Love it.
Mmmmmm, should tell Notts lass to dye her hair this color...

Kentpaul

What an entitled little dickhead.

"How dare you make jokes on the internet when I've got relationship problems! You should all be solely in the pursuit of an answer to my issue!"

I think I might know why he wants to see other people...

Its natural for a male to want to fuck as many chicks as possible. Biology doesn't lie yo. Who the fuck even puts up a status saying "My boyfriend doesn't like fucking me any more and now hes wanting to ram it into another bang hole"

Why can't everyone just post a picture of there pre workout salad like me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom