• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

x1uk8SF.gif
It's Dragonball, I have no frame of reference. But I'm sure it's very amusing and/or relevant.

I'm watching Dredd, Lena Headey was just grasping hold of a screaming minigun...

tumblr_m413hztuvm1roqhya.gif

Man, this movie is pretty damn violent! It's not all that good, but it's certainly enjoyable.

It's Dragonball, I have no frame of reference. But I'm sure it's very amusing and/or relevant.

I'm watching Dredd, Lena Headey was just grasping hold of a screaming minigun...

Man, this movie is pretty damn violent! It's not all that good, but it's certainly enjoyable.

Dredd was the Bee's Pajamas/Cat's Knees

It just did what it set out to do and was entertaining as a result.

Very similar plot to The Raid if you ever saw that, if not watch it NOW or soonish, it jumped straight to my top 5 action films after viewing.

NinjaBoiX

I just noticed the tune you posted Musha, choice.

Man, that high note at the start of the last chorus, holy shit she can fucking sing!

They keep building on the jam at the end of Let The Flames Begin, it's like 6-7 minutes long when they play it live now. So good! A segue into Part II would be godly.

SKINNER!

Banned
Early weekend in 15 mins. There's going to be a work "bonding" event all-day tomorrow but thanks to my wonderful friend and his weekend long stag-do (seanconneryyesss.gif) I don't have to attend that boring shit.

SdpClTY.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just got home and basically trying to cool down when not even fine minutes later the door bell rings. Ringing that quickly should be illegal. Not even waiting for me to answer should be punishable by death. Do they not realise how bloody hot it is. I had to put my trousers back on the daft apeths.

I just noticed the tune you posted Musha, choice.

Man, that high note at the start of the last chorus, holy shit she can fucking sing!

They keep building on the jam at the end of Let The Flames Begin, it's like 6-7 minutes long when they play it live now. So good! A segue into Part II would be godly.

So why the aww if you didn't know what song it was? It could've been an 'I hate you' sorta song!

Or uh maybe I didn't mean you at all, maybe I was thinking about someone else. Yeah.

8bit

Knows the Score

I loved it, been reading 2000AD on and off since 1977 though. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted from a Dredd movie and was incredible in 3D. It was worth the week in North Carolina on tenuous company business.

NinjaBoiX

I just finished Dredd, it was actually pretty good by the end. I like where they went with it. The super saturated slow down effect with the drug was lush, especially the last one with
Mamma being thrown through the window

Mamma is one cool bad guy, she just looks totally badass!

Would watch again, (as I wasn't really paying attention that much).
So why the aww if you didn't know what song it was? It could've been an 'I hate you' sorta song!

Or uh maybe I didn't mean you at all, maybe I was thinking about someone else. Yeah.
fGyXJxa.gif

Fuck yeah! Finished work and I'm off tomorrow! Fuck yeah!

Going to a spa retreat with my gf. Never been to one of those before, should be interesting.

Jordan

Fuck yeah! Finished work and I'm off tomorrow! Fuck yeah!

Going to a spa retreat with my gf. Never been to one of those before, should be interesting.

I'm jealous. Spa retreats are amazing... and you have a gf :(

Edit: So I'm seriously considering buying some tickets to see Paramore @ Wembley...

Moving out on Wednesday to live with the gf. Feelsgoodman.

Now I have to actively think about bills and boring things like which washing up liquid to buy.

NinjaBoiX

So I'm seriously considering buying some tickets to see Paramore @ Wembley...
Well to be honest Jordan, there may be a ticket or two spare. Musha booked 4, her, me, Tash and Mike, but Mike might not be able to make it. We're still waiting to hear back.

And Tash is in the balance too.

Obviously those guys get first dibs, they have their name on the tickets effectively at the minute. But if it turns out one or both can't make it, you could come with me and Musha. Bring a friend if both tickets are available.

I'm sure Musha would be cool with that.

Nottingham by the way.

It'll be a laugh man, I guarantee it! See what happens with Mike and Tash, then you're next in line if you want them.

Nice to have Hot Coldman back. Hope your resits went well, man.

Dredd is bloody brilliant. It's the way it feels like just another day in Mega-City One that makes it so good. I'd love The Apocalypse War or a story with the Dark Judges if there was ever a sequel. I love me some 2000 AD, my brother's been buying it since the early 80s.

"So what happened in there?"
"Drug bust."
"Look like you've been through it."
"Perps were.... uncooperative."

Jordan

Well to be honest Jordan, there may be a ticket or two spare. Musha booked 4, her, me, Tash and Mike, but Mike might not be able to make it. We're still waiting to hear back.

And Tash is in the balance too.

Obviously those guys get first dibs, they have their name on the tickets effectively at the minute. But if it turns out one or both can't make it, you could come with me and Musha. Bring a friend if both tickets are available.

I'm sure Musha would be cool with that.

Nottingham by the way.

It'll be a laugh man, I guarantee it! See what happens with Mike and Tash, then you're next in line if you want them.

That sounds awesome. I'm sure work wouldn't mind me doing some overtime to cover some time!

Thanks guys :)

Edit: On a severely different note, a lot of friends I went to school with have started popping up on my facebook - I mean I've been friends with them the entire time, but never really saw anything that they posted - but recently a few have graduated and damn, some of the females have really blossomed (beautified). Had a chat with a few of them, feels so nice to feel like I'm still in school where nothing matters and everybody is so mellow and chilled out.

afoni

Banned
I went to a Saints Row 4 press preview event today as a freelancer.

There were poledancers and people taking photos with them - people who had been invited as press. One guy even had a video camera on him, but didn't seem to film any of the game.

It was weird.

I went to a Saints Row 4 press preview event today as a freelancer.

There were poledancers and people taking photos with them - people who had been invited as press. One guy even had a video camera on him, but didn't seem to film any of the game.

It was weird.

Glad to see British games press remains mostly garbage. Thank fuck for the world-class quality of the outliers like RPS, EDGE and so on.

afoni

Banned
I didn't mingle enough to find out who was with who. Frankly, when I'm in a room with a dancing pole and women with their arses hanging out, the last thing I really wanted to do was talk to people and casually have my eyes accidentally rolling in the direction of the skin.

Game was pretty cool though.

Hystzen

You still chasing after that girl that has a boyfriend that went on holiday recently (or some similar bollocks, did I remember right?)

Oh god no not talked her in ages

This is another one who was close to before all that drama. Every time arrange a date or just hang out always has some excuse then day after bugs me asking when we going out.

Oh god no not talked her in ages

This is another one who was close to before all that drama. Every time arrange a date or just hang out always has some excuse then day after bugs me asking when we going out.

If she keeps bailing on you ditch her. What did I tell you? Girls love attention, and will do anything to get it, even if they're not really interested. Right Sadetar?

NinjaBoiX

so much sexual energy in this thread today
It's the heat. People get frisky.
Finally got around to viewing these. Looks awesome. Her voice live sounds incredible. And holy fuck at the stage acrobatics at the end of Pressure! I'm suitably hyped.
Screw you guys, I'm posting a few gif's. Coldman, your return is simply unfortunate timing, I'll apologise in advance.

M5XUzRW.gif

48295677bm9v.gif

tumblr_mhqghgMNCb1r771pbo1_500.gif

It's going to be awesome. They're super tight as this new line up, Ilan Rubin is just a beast on the drums, Jeremy is always solid on the bass, and Taylor has come on leaps and bounds since The Final Riot! tour. He actually co-wrote some of the tracks on the new record.

Hayley is on typically charismatic form, high kicking, jumping all over the stage and just generally grinning like an idiot. She seems to be having the time of her life!

Misery Business/Decode R1's Big Weekend 2013

Yup, looking forward to this shit!

Edit: Jem - They, love that tune. It sounds like Danny Elfman doing a spooky Christmas record or something. Cool beat and voice too. Nice choice Musha.

Jordan

If she keeps bailing on you ditch her. What did I tell you? Girls love attention, and will do anything to get it, even if they're not really interested. Right Sadetar?

I've learned that. Girls hate it when you give them the cold shoulder and guaranteed they will come running back to you starting shit conversation because they realise that actually you do care and they feel like they've missed their chance and begin panicking. However... on the other hand, some girls be stubborn... and that means you might lose out.

Edit: Damn you Ninja, you have got me hooked on Hayley Williams/Paramore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom