• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

you live in a fucking borstal, Ninja
Monday to Friday, it's a delightfully civilised abode, I assure you.

Casa del Ninja said:
TDVEOnn.jpg

eoYsNVy.jpg

Ze0hSH2.jpg

It's just one of my housemates just loves to go his ends on a weekend. It's all good, I'm not complaining. As long as he cleans up!

I have some good news though Davi, I eventually found that tune. I was digging out some good party CD's last night and came across "As Heard on Radio Soulwax Pt 2" by 2 Many DJ's. I haven't heard it in years, and after half an hour or so, in comes that banging beat and filthy synths. It all came flooding back!

83Cu15i.jpg

The track list is entirely incomprehensible though (each track has about three or four credits as it's just a 60 minute mix. You need to press play and rewind 5 minutes to hear the hidden track too, mental!), so I'll have to get back to you on the name. But the net is closing in buddy!

SteveWD40

h1nU1HX.jpg

Ken Branagh's Macbeth, live (he was in Manchester Cathedral but they screened it to this carpark across the city). Was ace, took a picnic and a cool bag full of beer.

Alex Kingston was very good as well.

I'm very confused, I'm not sure what's going on.

The bloke is listening to N.W.A. and cooking Sunday dinner by himself, and he went up the road to buy me beer without any complaints.

It's like invasion of the body snatchers or something.

Vashetti

Banned
God any thread about UK weather is full of ignorant people geez people really have no clue about outside their own country

I was just about to make a similar post in here.

They're so fucking ignorant.

Get some perspective. We are not all so blessed to have air conditioning in our perfect homes.

God any thread about UK weather is full of ignorant people geez people really have no clue about outside their own country

Sadly it's the same in every thread about a country that isn't the USA. Perhaps ignorance is bliss to them. Though worryingly I've always imagined the average US gaffer smarter than the average US citizen...

afoni

Banned
Sadly it's the same in every thread about a country that isn't the USA. Perhaps ignorance is bliss to them. Though worryingly I've always imagined the average US gaffer smarter than the average US citizen...

It's more annoying when some US gaffers seem to think that the forum is full of nobody outside of the Americas. It's like they don't realise that the internet isn't on American soil or something.

Danj

Why is it so hard to find a fucking fan anywhere.

All I want is a cheap and nasty £10 fan for the next couple of weeks.

No bloody retailers have one at all.

Logic says to order in LOTS of fans = more money because everyone bloody wants one!

Tried tesco ? I seen a few during my last visit

Completely out of stock everywhere in my area. It's a nightmare.

yeah everywhere is out of stock of fans here too except the superexpensive dyson ones.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
20130721_121340.jpg

Just done some urban exploring at an old closed down asylum. Shit was full of vibes, all sorts of vibes and feels for a time past.

Glad I stayed up to read the Comic-Con liveblogs like a super fucking nerd because ULTRROOOOOON. Wish they'd said what Vin Diesel is doing, though. :(

Hystzen

Nah, I doubt it. He's gotta be the Vision. Scarlet Witch and Ultron are both in that movie, the Vision is practically confirmed.

Vin would be great for the role too.

I think I'm only person who does't want Vision never saw love for the guy and don't think it will work well on screen.

Rather Vin be a villain again or he could be Dominic Torretto from Fast and Furious the stuff he did in Fast Six is borderline superman level

Well, Vision is initially a villain. If he's in the film, you'll see him woop the Avengers' collective arse.

He's cool because of his powerset. Density and mass control is quite something, plus he can phase through walls. Oh, and he can fly, shoot lasers and is super fucking strong. Plus he bangs the Scarlet Witch, and rocks the shit out of that cape.

What's not to like.

Hystzen

I'm more hyped over Guardians Of Galaxy at moment be interesting to see how people who have no clue about Marvel universe accept the alien weirdness of it

Rocket Raccoon being motion captured using a real Raccoon is bat shit crazy/awesome

no angel

I have some good news though Davi, I eventually found that tune. I was digging out some good party CD's last night and came across "As Heard on Radio Soulwax Pt 2" by 2 Many DJ's. I haven't heard it in years, and after half an hour or so, in comes that banging beat and filthy synths. It all came flooding back!

83Cu15i.jpg

The track list is entirely incomprehensible though (each track has about three or four credits as it's just a 60 minute mix. You need to press play and rewind 5 minutes to hear the hidden track too, mental!), so I'll have to get back to you on the name. But the net is closing in buddy!

This is a great album, I approve.

Jordan

iPhone returned to strange couple. They drove from Reading to where I live which is about 45 minutes away. They seemed very grateful. Guess that is my good deed done for a while.

Jordan

How were they strange?

She was like four foot nothing and he was like 6 foot 5 or so. I don't understand how you manage to leave an iPhone on a train and not send out a warning message until 8 hours + after losing it. The girl I spoke to also was telling me how she couldn't grab it yesterday because by the time I had called she was already pissed from drinking Pimms... Because I need to know this useful information and I can now continue with my day happily knowing she's pissed. They also seemed quite nervous about meeting me, I chose a very public place and made it quite clear I lived like two minutes away from it.

But oh well, I have done a good deed and made two people very happy.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Never would have guessed Korey made that thread
Exactly. Don't be baited, kids.

By the way, you have quite a tasteful pad, Ninja. Radio Soulwax is great as well, used to take home tons of their free pullout CDs when I worked at HMV.

8bit

Knows the Score
Monday to Friday, it's a delightfully civilised abode, I assure you.

It's just one of my housemates just loves to go his ends on a weekend. It's all good, I'm not complaining. As long as he cleans up!

83Cu15i.jpg

That's a great album, I had the original artwork version but sold it when it was recalled for a profit. There are a bunch of other, also very good 'as heard on' sets (see also Get Yer Yo-yo's out) that didn't see commercial release that are worth tracking down. Prob on the pirate bay or similar.

Hystzen

Well the gaming side is just as bad they can't understand the difference between hype on a gaming forum and general public. Just because a game or console is hyped or being negative about on GAF does not mean people in outside world have same views

NinjaBoiX

This is a great album, I approve.
Indeed. Great party record too, there is something for everyone!
By the way, you have quite a tasteful pad, Ninja. Radio Soulwax is great as well, used to take home tons of their free pullout CDs when I worked at HMV.
Thanks man. The bathroom is kind of fly too, the shower has lights, a fan, and a fucking radio!:
There is a floor standing towel rail and huge bath that has never been used behind you.

Meh, a couple of the kitchen, might as well:
That's a great album, I had the original artwork version but sold it when it was recalled for a profit. There are a bunch of other, also very good 'as heard on' sets (see also Get Yer Yo-yo's out) that didn't see commercial release that are worth tracking down. Prob on the pirate bay or similar.
Yup, awesome record. And here is that fucking track I've been trying to get a hold of! I know the start is "Intro" by Fred Falke and Alan Braxe, but the tune in question starts at 1 min:

Some Tune That I Still Don't Know The Name Of

Just the way the beat drops back in at 2:30 is so good! I'll just search each of the tags on the track and find out what it's called, finally.

daviyoung

Banned
Yup, awesome record. And here is that fucking track I've been trying to get a hold of! I know the start is "Intro" by Fred Falke and Alan Braxe, but the tune in question starts at 1 min:

Some Tune That I Still Don't Know The Name Of

Just the way the beat drops back in at 2:30 is so good! I'll just search each of the tags on the track and find out what it's called, finally.

Dude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZV_GXKqtf4

I was going through my copy at around 30 mins and didn't know which part you meant. Got it now you mentioned the tune.

Your place is swanksome btw.

NinjaBoiX

Aww Davi, that is the one my friend!

The original plays a few BPM faster too, rinsin' it out boyee!

sqBmE.gif

Oh man, I'm listening to it now at full blast, it's even better than I could've hope for.

Thank you based Davi. I shall text my bro post haste and inform him of this wonderful discovery!

I can't believe it's been sitting on my shelf, tucked away this whole time...

Edit: yeah, that version is much better. It's the full cut, where the other one had clearly been ripped from another comp. Thanks again fella. (It's on again, love it!)

Edit 2: 8bit went out of his way to help too. It's appreciated fella! :D

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I got my bluetooth ps3 headset through today, shall have to get a group together for more TLOU goodness soon :) can't tonight though, seeing friends in meatspace. Gawd.

Almost finished the SP now too, this game is amazing, leaves me babbling. Such a well told story.

I got my bluetooth ps3 headset through today, shall have to get a group together for more TLOU goodness soon :) can't tonight though, seeing friends in meatspace. Gawd.

Almost finished the SP now too, this game is amazing, leaves me babbling. Such a well told story.

Awesome, although I am going to miss seeing your face on Skype, it will be a tad easier when I'm not passing on your words of wisdom

NinjaBoiX

Is that shower like Japanese or something
It is quite the contraption. It has three shower settings too; straight down from a big wide head like a warm rainstorm (awesome), through a normal detachable shower head (kind of necessary) and through 9 adjustable jets in the side of the shower (utterly pointless).

It's often the highlight of my day. Unless Scott Mills is on.

Cool. Me, Tash, dapperbandit and Jordan were playing using Skype the other night. It worked out pretty well. I'm easy either way!

Need to play that fucking story though, I will walk slap bang in to a spoiler one of these days and have no one to blame but myself!

Jordan

Cool. Me, Tash, dapperbandit and Jordan were playing using Skype the other night. It worked out pretty well. I'm easy either way!

Need to play that fucking story though, I will walk slap bang in to a spoiler one of these days and have no one to blame but myself!

I had a lot of fun last night, mainly because of Tash going absolutely mental when he was dying and repeatedly telling us all how intense it was. The MP is a lot better than I expected.

Also, Ninja - You and this thread has rekindled my love for Paramore, I am now officially obsessed with them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom