• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the queen and Will and Kate (although she's merely a womb and I'd steer well clear of Parisian tunnels if I were her) seem fairly nice as well. I just hate the idea of having to support their extended family with our tax money and having to hope that our next head of state isn't an idiot.

We should give them enough money for the upkeep of the palaces and a Steve Jobs-esque £1 a year salary, as welll as paying for travel expenses. If they decide that they need more money, they can provide tours of Buckingham palace for Chinese tourists.

To be fair, I wouldn't exactly want Cameron to have even more power. Politics and democracy are nonsense as well. It's all nonsense. Find a way of ensuring that an idiot such as Harry can't become our head of state and cut their money off significantly and I'll be all for the monarchy. It's not as if Queen Liz can trace her family history back to when King Arthur pulled the sword out of the stone. That would inspire awe. Seriously though, if she could trace her family history back to Athelstan, I would be impressed and say 'fair enough'. Why are these people treated like demi-gods because they happened to be the family still in power when everyone decided that it's nonsense and subsequently everyone stop waging war over it because it wasn't worth it?

It's a tradition, but it's recently got rid of one of its traditions, the sexist one. We still have the bigoted tradition of being the head of the church of fucking England and not being able to be a Catholic. It'll probably get rid of that in 100 years when we have King Jamal of England, the Rastafarian, then everyone will realise that without tradition it's nothing and it'll get fucked off.

The monarchy should register as a charity. People would still pay for it and everyone would be happy.

defel

Any other asthmatics out there? I can tell we've got a thunderstorm coming, my asthma acts like an early warning system.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, it's a cool night tonight boys! Got me a breeze and shit.

tumblr_ley0prutJU1qzfq5lo1_500.jpg

saw both pacific rim and the worlds end recently

honestly came away from pacific rim much more satisfied.

the world's end is funny and would be fine but it ain't in the same league as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz

Pacific Rim just does what it sets out to do without tripping over itself.

saw both pacific rim and the worlds end recently

honestly came away from pacific rim much more satisfied.

the world's end is funny and would be fine but it ain't in the same league as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz

Pacific Rim just does what it sets out to do without tripping over itself.

I think it fitted in nicely between Shaun and Hot Fuzz. I appreciate that it never took itself too seriously - whilst it did tackle more "serious" issues than either of the other two films, there was never a gag too far away. Additionally, the ending showed they
weren't taking themselves too seriously. (I mean the ending of the actual film, not the epilogue bit).

I think it fitted in nicely between Shaun and Hot Fuzz. I appreciate that it never took itself too seriously - whilst it did tackle more "serious" issues than either of the other two films, there was never a gag too far away. Additionally, the ending showed they
weren't taking themselves too seriously. (I mean the ending of the actual film, not the epilogue bit).

That smash to credits. Good lord. So exciting. How appropriate that the ending to all this madness over 3 films leaves you gagging for more.

jimbor

Banned
I actually like the queen and Will and Kate (although she's merely a womb and I'd steer well clear of Parisian tunnels if I were her) seem fairly nice as well. I just hate the idea of having to support their extended family with our tax money and having to hope that our next head of state isn't an idiot.

We should give them enough money for the upkeep of the palaces and a Steve Jobs-esque £1 a year salary, as welll as paying for travel expenses. If they decide that they need more money, they can provide tours of Buckingham palace for Chinese tourists.

To be fair, I wouldn't exactly want Cameron to have even more power. Politics and democracy are nonsense as well. It's all nonsense. Find a way of ensuring that an idiot such as Harry can't become our head of state and cut their money off significantly and I'll be all for the monarchy. It's not as if Queen Liz can trace her family history back to when King Arthur pulled the sword out of the stone. That would inspire awe. Seriously though, if she could trace her family history back to Athelstan, I would be impressed and say 'fair enough'. Why are these people treated like demi-gods because they happened to be the family still in power when everyone decided that it's nonsense and subsequently everyone stop waging war over it because it wasn't worth it?

It's a tradition, but it's recently got rid of one of its traditions, the sexist one. We still have the bigoted tradition of being the head of the church of fucking England and not being able to be a Catholic. It'll probably get rid of that in 100 years when we have King Jamal of England, the Rastafarian, then everyone will realise that without tradition it's nothing and it'll get fucked off.

The monarchy should register as a charity. People would still pay for it and everyone would be happy.

BOOOOO! Somebody get this reasonable cunt out of here.

Saw Pacific Rim and TWE at the weekend and can probably agree to being more satisfied with the former. Enjoyed them both but the part almost at the end of The World's End SPOILER
Where King is talking about the end of the first golden mile attempt, how life held so much promise and was only going to get better but it didn't etc
got me right in the feels. Pacific Rim got me at a couple of points too but I'm probably a tad more sensitive than normal having split up with my bird.

We have a client at work whose surname is Mycock.

We've been having such fun today.

"I heard he's really short, you know. Like, 5ft2. Yeah, Mycock's absolutely tiny."

"What a silly thing to say! Mycock is utterly rubbish."

"The only one that can over-rule Dave's comments is Mycock."

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BOOM!

Thunder and lightning, wrapped up all warm in bed and shit, best thing in the world.

Except rain on a tent.
I sleep at the top of the house so I'm surrounded by the sound of the rain hitting the roof much like when it hits the rain, except without the worry that the rain will somehow seep in.

SKINNER!

Banned

yusss! 2 more folk required. Shame that Kentpaul didn't pick it up :( I take it its full price now?

Well, I'm free tonight for Castle Crashers or The Last of Us if anyone is up for some multiplayer banter.

and to steer away from royal baby talk, what does everyone think of the Beano's 75th anniversary issue cover? Sure has drastically changed since I last read it.

Mikeside

yusss! 2 more folk required. Shame that Kentpaul didn't pick it up :( I take it its full price now?

Well, I'm free tonight for Castle Crashers or The Last of Us if anyone is up for some multiplayer banter.

Yep, either this evening sounds good to me. Though I'll have to set my PS3 up again if we're going to play LoU

Reknoc

Stormed here around 9-10 last night, was crazy. Don't think I've ever seen lightning flash so frequently.

Looks like it's back again now, and I'm sitting at work in my shorts lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There is a lump of hail in my back garden. The storm hit around 01:30 as you can see by my previous post and it is still there. The hail stones as they are are bigger than Smarties so who knows how big they were before they started melting.

Jordan

I got woken up at like 4AM this morning, not entirely sure why - I didn't hear any rain or thunder. Not sleeping in my room this week, so I'm now at the back of the house and there are some inconsiderate CUNTS that live behind me. At 1AM this morning they were outside playing fucking reggae as loud as they could, one of my neighbours even screamed at them to shut the fuck up. I mean, it's a fucking weekday, I know I'm not working this week but seriously - that took the piss.

Jordan

Should've called the police. Fuck inconsiderate bastards like that.

Effort, I was comfortable in bed. Apparently it's not a rare thing for them to do this. My parents bitch about it most nights. I'm surprised one of the neighbours hasn't complained - unless it's not going over the sound level that allows the police to intervene.

SteveWD40

Effort, I was comfortable in bed. Apparently it's not a rare thing for them to do this. My parents bitch about it most nights. I'm surprised one of the neighbours hasn't complained - unless it's not going over the sound level that allows the police to intervene.

The police consider almost any noise after 10:30 in a residential area enough to intervene, especially if it's music / partys etc... and a week night.

My friends street has 2 guys living there who have had the odd party, someone called the police and they came round sharpish and made them shut the music off and that was a Saturday.

You could also go and have a word in the daytime when they are sober.

Jordan

The police consider almost any noise after 10:30 in a residential area enough to intervene, especially if it's music / partys etc... and a week night.

My friends street has 2 guys living there who have had the odd party, someone called the police and they came round sharpish and made them shut the music off and that was a Saturday.

If you had met me at the meet you would realise how stupid of an idea this was. I am the least intimidating person ever, and I live in a fairly rough area. I would get my ass beaten. I'll see whether they do tonight and then complain.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Light rain and thunder has hit my area. I'm retiring to the fallout world and a joint of my incredible weed.

Keeping the window open for the fresh moist air to breeze into my nerd cave.

Reknoc

Considering the sort of people who have constant parties early in a weekday it's probably safe to assume the window of them being sober is very short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom