• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
plus it was reggae music so they're probably high as fuck 24/7.

you didnt fucking call me back!!!!!!
Phone battery was low and I was very drunk, my bad chap X
you saw them?

what
Yeah, went to Wembley innit
If I was in Portsmouth, sure, alas I'm BirminghamGAF :(

Bugger it, I'm gonna man up and go.
God dammnit
Glorious sound mate, I love it.

Oh yeah, I forgot you were going to see those guys, awesome! Did they do Zero? What a tune.

Fantastic mate, glad you finally got yourself sorted out. Well pleased for you buddy!

Mos Def.
Can't remember, bullet with butterfly wings was my fave, there were some ubercunts in the crowd... But I managed to keep my place in the front for the entire gig like a boss, few war wounds and my new vans are trashed but man that gig was aweeesome and the antics in the hotel room after were hilarious.. It was fucking boiling so we trashed the room whilst having a waterfight.. Cleaned it up but the beds were still soaked and my buddy had a fucking diabolical shit which even piss could not remove the stains

Also my friends t shirt got chucked out onto a roof by a wasps nest so he had to wear my other mates tee from the gig which is too small for him and covered in blood, sweat and piss.. Also the bassist was fucking banging

Oh and ash opened for them which was funny and a little sad... Everyone just wanted burn baby burn.. The rest of the music was crap they finished with it.. and it was awesome

Phone battery was low and I was very drunk, my bad chap X

Yeah, went to Wembley innit

God dammnit

Can't remember, bullet with butterfly wings was my fave, there were some ubercunts in the crowd... But I managed to keep my place in the front for the entire gig like a boss, few war wounds and my new vans are trashed but man that gig was aweeesome and the antics in the hotel room after were hilarious.. It was fucking boiling so we trashed the room whilst having a waterfight.. Cleaned it up but the beds were still soaked and my buddy had a fucking diabolical shit which even piss could not remove the stains

Also my friends t shirt got chucked out onto a roof by a wasps nest so he had to wear my other mates tee from the gig which is too small for him and covered in blood, sweat and piss.. Also the bassist was fucking banging

Oh and ash opened for them which was funny and a little sad... Everyone just wanted burn baby burn.. The rest of the music was crap they finished with it.. and it was awesome

Eh, they really used to be one of my favourite bands but Billy Corgan is the only original still in the band so it wouldn't feel like I've seen them for real. Having said that, I'm pretty sure Corgan recorded all the guitars on Siamese Dream himself after an argument with the band members so what can you do.

NinjaBoiX

perfect I've got the monday off. is it too much if I stay the Sunday too? that'd be me staying for 4 nights... seriously just say if that's too much
I'm there on Sunday too Mike, we can make spoons.

Which reminds me, I'm getting into London about 3:30pm on the Friday, are you going to be at EG then? Musha won't be done with work until about 6 right? I'll be all on my lonesome otherwise...

Also, Tash and Jordan, Mike can't do Nottingham, so you guys (Tash gets priority) get dibs now.

Fox1304

Hey Brit-GAF !!!
I'm coming with a fellow GAF-er (Guiz) for the Eurogamer Expo this September.
Any tips on where to sleep for a decent room with limited budget ?
Nothing special, just something clean with private bathroom, could be a room in a house or anything.
Can't wait to get back to London, it's been too long !

Mikeside

I'm there on Sunday too Mike, we can make spoons.

Which reminds me, I'm getting into London about 3:30pm on the Friday, are you going to be at EG then? Musha won't be done with work until about 6 right? I'll be all on my lonesome otherwise...

Also, Tash and Jordan, Mike can't do Nottingham, so you guys (Tash gets priority) get dibs now.

I'll be in the conference all day so give me a shout and I'll meet you inside?

also if our banned buddy radiohead has a room near earls court again you could potentially drop your stuff off there and pick it up later?

Jordan

I'm at EuroGamer on the Friday, I don't see any problems why I can't meet up with you guys after EG on the Saturday though.

Fox1304

What should we look for concerning an eventual line at the entry of the EG Expo ? We have some 4 days-pass, so early access the next days but if I'm right on the first day it's everybody on the same line until we can enter and get our fast passes, right ?

NinjaBoiX

Sounds like a proper gig Tash!
I'll be in the conference all day so give me a shout and I'll meet you inside?

also if our banned buddy radiohead has a room near earls court again you could potentially drop your stuff off there and pick it up later?
Yeah, I can't be carrying my bag around all day again! Plus, it'll be a big holdall this time as I'm out on a week long trip.

Nottingham for Hayley and SmokeyDave Tues and Wed, Manchester for my bro and some good eatin' Wed, Thurs and Fri, then London with you fine peeps Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. My bag will be rather large and heavy, so somewhere to drop it off would be awesome.

Mikeside

What should we look for concerning an eventual line at the entry of the EG Expo ? We have some 4 days-pass, so early access the next days but if I'm right on the first day it's everybody on the same line until we can enter and get our fast passes, right ?

theres no fast passes you just get early entry then you don't have to line up for your wristband on the following days

Fox1304

theres no fast passes you just get early entry then you don't have to line up for your wristband on the following days

Yes that's what I meant. We'll only have to line up once, the first day, to get the wristband, and the other days we'll go straight inside.
Thanks !

NinjaBoiX

Ninja, I'm staying at a premier inn less than a mile from Earl's Court, can chuck it there if you fancy?
OFf4ivi.gif

When is that?

Saturday 28th September

is this something I would need a ticket for? they seem to be sold out

If you don't already have a ticket for Eurogamer then you won't be able to go on the Saturday as they are sold out. However that won't stop you from attending the meet up in the evening!

So fucking lazy these days Soturi.

Screw you :p

perfect I've got the monday off. is it too much if I stay the Sunday too? that'd be me staying for 4 nights... seriously just say if that's too much

No that's fine, you can stay Sunday too.

I'm at EuroGamer on the Friday, I don't see any problems why I can't meet up with you guys after EG on the Saturday though.

Excellent

I'm up for it Musha, will drag my friend too :)

Excellent

SmokyDave

Sounds like a proper gig Tash!

Yeah, I can't be carrying my bag around all day again! Plus, it'll be a big holdall this time as I'm out on a week long trip.

Nottingham for Hayley and SmokeyDave Tues and Wed, Manchester for my bro and some good eatin' Wed, Thurs and Fri, then London with you fine peeps Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. My bag will be rather large and heavy, so somewhere to drop it off would be awesome.

Dude, sorry I haven't replied to that PM, I'm shit at noticing and replying to PMs. Me and the Missus would love to join you for a pint or 12.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
To blindly and unilaterally say you are not attracted to a specific race goes a bit beyond sexual preference into either ignorance or more serious accusations. It's a bit of a biased suggestion that you are prejudging people and holding them negative stereotypes and conclusions about what it means to be a person of their ethnicity. It's not even about dictating what people should or should not be attracted to or labelling people racist, but rather realising that human sexuality is fluid and attraction not as complicated as it is being made out to be; I strongly suspect negative racial preference is a product of societal conditioning and close-minded bias rather than something biological that is totally outside of our control.

That's my opinion and I really don't see it as uber liberal, but rather as both pragmatic and common sense.

Jordan

Is anybody familiar with Delilah?

I have known about her for ages, and it's always my go to music when I can't think of anything else I want to listen to. The album on my machine has had far too much playtime, but the album is just incredible.

I discovered Delilah whilst listening to Chase & Status' album - No More Idols, where she collaborated with them on a song called 'Time' and then one of my ex colleagues brought the album and it was probably the most played album in our office in the 5 years I was there.

She doesn't seem to fussed about how people obtain the album, I think she just cares that people listen to her music and hopefully get the same amount of joy out of it that I have. Her soundcloud has the entire album available for streaming minus the deluxe edition songs - which can be found here https://soundcloud.com/delilahofficial She also has a drum and bass mix on her soundcloud which was available for download at one point, not entirely sure whether it still is or not but it is definitely worth a listen to if you're a fan of her music and drum and bass too.

8f9WHlr.jpg

Symphonia

Banned
The World's End was awesome . I wasn't the only lone person in there which made it better.

Also, I'm down for meeting on Eurogamer weekend. Would this be in London?

Yeah, I can always sort stuff out with work. They seem fairly easy about overtime and time in lieu. It's only a two hour drive away :)

Cool well we have 2 tickets, 1 is for Tash, so if you're in, you're in!

Tash, I've checked your trains, you can get one for £24 each way!

Goddamnit.

Come to Cardiff sometime. Everything is down in bloody London!

That's because Londoners are the only ones organised/bothered enough to arrange meet ups! (except shorty who attempted a Glasgow meet)

You want a meet up in Cardiff? Arrange one! Otherwise shut up and get your butt to London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom