• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I don't really like online gaming, I'm a single-player dude. There's just something about the whole online experience that rubs me up the wrong way, even if I'm playing with cool cats.

how peculiar

I sort of see where you are coming from however. If I enjoy a game I'll probably enjoy it consistently rather than having fun with the multiplayer and then not having fun because my internet connection or the other team are being dicks.

SKINNER!

Banned
Nah, I don't really like online gaming, I'm a single-player dude. There's just something about the whole online experience that rubs me up the wrong way, even if I'm playing with cool cats.

QuMRgRl.jpg

:( but we're a funny bunch online and it's a fun game.

SmokyDave

how peculiar

I sort of see where you are coming from however. If I enjoy a game I'll probably enjoy it consistently rather than having fun with the multiplayer and then not having fun because my internet connection or the other team are being dicks.
I'm not sure exactly what it is, I just don't enjoy it. Offline gaming - relaxation. Online gaming - stress. I think it's the fact that you can't pause and there's always chatter going on and most online games involve doing the same thing over and over and over and over again (spawn run shoot kill die spawn run shoot kill die). It just bores the tits off me after a while.

QuMRgRl.jpg

:( but we're a funny bunch online and it's a fun game.
I have no doubt you're a truly jovial bunch. That's why you don't need someone joining in who'd rather be doing something else after ten minutes!

Plus, most of us (well, me, Jordan and Musha really) aren't very good. You won't be showing yourself up or anything!
I'm not fussed about that, I'm at least 'average'. I just don't enjoy online gaming. I've tried throughout this generation with a ton of different games but it just ain't happening. It's weird because I'm a sociable chap and I like local multiplayer.

Mikeside

It wasn't too bad for me. I did a Jedeye-style clearout of Xbox games, ended up halving the collection. Most of it went on a PS4 deposit, the rest on Steam credit.

I bought:
8 copies of FTL to gift to friends
2 copies of XCOM (double dipping and a friend's birthday present)
Football Manager 2013
Portal 2
Thomas Was Alone
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
Star Wars KOTOR 2
GTA Vice City and San Andreas
Deadlight
System Shock 2
Civ V Gold Edition Upgrade

It was a good sale overall.

Retro City Rampage
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold DLC Onl
Monster Loves You!
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Forbidden Worlds
Aaaaaaa! Awesome
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed: Metal Sonic Pack
Tomb Raider: Tomb of Lost Adventurer
Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack
Grid 2
Worms Revolution
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Euro Truck Simulator 2
FEZ
System Shock 2
Castle Crashers 4-pack
Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC
Dishonored - Void Walkers Arsenal DLC
Dust: An Elysian Tail (Gifted to me)
Reus (Gifted to me)
Delve Deeper (Gifted to me)
Resonance (Gifted to me)
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD (Gifted to me)
Cargo Commander (Gifted to me)
Magical Drop V (Gifted to me)
Under the Ocean (Gifted to me)
Cart Life (Gifted to me)
Ms. Splosion Man (Gifted to me)
Strike Suit Infinity (Gifted to me)

FMBL (Backlog)

Edit: You only just got Portal 2??!!!?

Fuck, you're going to have some fun.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Portal 2 was fun but felt incredibly short. I suppose that's not unlike the original but I'm glad I waited and bought it when it was on sale I think during the Xmas blowout.

I actually didn't purchase a single thing during the summer sale this year. I kept adding things to my cart but forgetting and then the next day it would be back to regular price and I'd repeat the process. Just didn't care enough to buy anything and I think I'm better for it in the long run as I do have a lot of games already in my backlog.

Retro City Rampage
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold DLC Onl
Monster Loves You!
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Forbidden Worlds
Aaaaaaa! Awesome
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed: Metal Sonic Pack
Tomb Raider: Tomb of Lost Adventurer
Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack
Grid 2
Worms Revolution
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Euro Truck Simulator 2
FEZ
System Shock 2
Castle Crashers 4-pack
Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC
Dishonored - Void Walkers Arsenal DLC
Dust: An Elysian Tail (Gifted to me)
Reus (Gifted to me)
Delve Deeper (Gifted to me)
Resonance (Gifted to me)
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD (Gifted to me)
Cargo Commander (Gifted to me)
Magical Drop V (Gifted to me)
Under the Ocean (Gifted to me)
Cart Life (Gifted to me)
Ms. Splosion Man (Gifted to me)
Strike Suit Infinity (Gifted to me)

FMBL (Backlog)

Edit: You only just got Portal 2??!!!?

Fuck, you're going to have some fun.

I rented it on Xbox when it came out. Feels good to have it on Steam though, where it belongs.

Reknoc

Portal 2 was fun but felt incredibly short. I suppose that's not unlike the original but I'm glad I waited and bought it when it was on sale I think during the Xmas blowout.

Huh, this is pretty much the exact opposite of how I felt about Portal 2. I felt it really started to drag on and felt padded (largely because it was padded with a bunch of trekking around). Plus I felt the puzzles were just insanely dumbed down and not half as fun as the first game.

Fantastically written and acted though, plus since I got it at launch unlike Portal 1 none of the humour was already ran into the ground for me.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
There were more scenarios and environments but I think our opinions line up actually in that I just felt like there wasn't a lot of actual content. The final stretch was probably the most fun and I liked the Cave Johnson puzzles with the goo but the rest just felt dull like you mention.

But yeah Stephen Merchant was a masterstroke of brilliant voice casting and I absolutely loved the dialogue and story.

Also for everyone sick of the jingoism in Korey's weather thread, here is people in California freaking out about 12C weather:

Now flip the scenario for when Californians bitch that the temperature drops to 12 degrees or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHJpNhGUP5Q

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
2013_07_22_00001.jpg

Glad to be late to the NV party, Game's just damn fine.

Sigh out of weed and will have to travel deep into cumbernauld's chav land to buy more. 20 miles to buy 2 grams of amazing weed. Its nice small compressed dry buds with no bullshit and a great stone. Can't wait to get my high goggles on and walk around my home doing random tasks.

Shits so human.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So I caught up with the pr0n-gate deal. Seems like same shit different day but with lasting consequences if it passes. Basically:

People with children forcing people without children to jump through hoops because they're too stupid or lazy to learn how to properly educate or protect them.

It's fucking rampant as hell in the United States, sad to see it is so prolific in the UK as well. It's one of those things that really gets under my skin.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
New Super Mario Bros 2 on the DS is my favourite indie game. It's indie cos it was made by a different team from the other NSMB games.

Reknoc

ITT: Kent struggles with the concept of "indie".

Obsidian are pretty indie now since I don't think any publisher wants anything to do with them lol.

There were more scenarios and environments but I think our opinions line up actually in that I just felt like there wasn't a lot of actual content. The final stretch was probably the most fun and I liked the Cave Johnson puzzles with the goo but the rest just felt dull like you mention.

But yeah Stephen Merchant was a masterstroke of brilliant voice casting and I absolutely loved the dialogue and story.

Also for everyone sick of the jingoism in Korey's weather thread, here is people in California freaking out about 12C weather:

It's also one of the few games that show what a fantastic VA Nolan North is which is ok in my book (the only others I can think of is ratchet and clank a crack in time, final fantasy XII, and Uncharted)

Kentpaul

alpha male gaf, Apparently i need to hold a weight while doing 50 sit up's day to get my abs looking rock solid,

Pain in the fucking ass, But its got to be done. Can't wait to own my own 6pack!

Jordan

So the parents have fucked off to Gran Canaria for a week, best mate has moved in. I let him have the luxury of having the desk and sound system (I will miss my sound system) - so if I do any online gaming this week I will probably be mic-less due to anti-socialness.

Week should be good if weather stays the same. Hoping to have a BBQ with some booze.

Edit: Got my eyes tested today. Short sighted, but deteriorating at a ridiculous rate.

Kentpaul

I'm just saying a visible six-pack comes from diet not doing 8 million sit-ups a day

I have changed my diet man, 5 a day, plenty of salad and i try and eat a can of tuna a day. This shit is going down and i have finally scored. I used to live of fast food so this is a big change.

Kentpaul

Which is why it is physically impossible for me to get a visible six-pack :(

cGHS0Cq.gif

I had this attitude, I'm not an overweight guy but have a little "pot" belly as my girlfriend puts it lol. Once this badboy shapes up and the abs peak through i'l be a happy cat yo.

SmokyDave

alpha male gaf, Apparently i need to hold a weight while doing 50 sit up's day to get my abs looking rock solid,

Pain in the fucking ass, But its got to be done. Can't wait to own my own 6pack!
It's overrated. Dudes give you shit every time you take your shirt off anywhere remotely public.

I don't really miss mine, though I feel bad that the missus has had to watch me fall out of shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom