• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
I'm in a shitty mood too. Had an explosive argument with someone last night over something completely pointless and I don't want to continue playing Pikmin 3 just in case being annoyed about it still ruins it for me.

SKINNER!

Banned
Are they usually balls difficult? I'm 34 and have worked for my current employer for 11 years so I'm a bit out of the new job lark. This test had 75 questions over 3 sections, 4 minutes per section and was full of questions about logarithms, abstract shape progressions and loads of other horrible shit. I don't consider myself stupid (who does) but I was totally unprepared for how difficult some of the questions were, are they all like that?

Got called up to set a phone interview up so I assume I passed it it but I wasn't sure if I had after I finished it.

They can be difficult considering the time length some employers give you to complete them in. I'm surprised you're doing one though as I assumed that aptitude tests were only for graduate positions so they can weed out the 3/4 newly graduated ex-students out of the hundreds that applied. Somewhat gutted to hear that it's now considered for other job applications because I hate them too. Oh well, if you've got a phone interview then you're fine.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
NightmareLAD_4.jpg

Symphonia

Banned
Wanking at work COULD be an option if they decided to actually clean the toilets. Its impossible to have a stealth wank in the actual office.

NinjaBoiX

Never at work. Not even when I worked at Tesco with some stunning girls.
Having a wank at work sounds a bit like brushing my teeth at the pub. I'll save it until I get home.
Nah, I'm with Musha on this one. Sometimes the urge is just to strong, you just have to go and sort yourself out. It's just one of those things, when you gotta go, you gotta go!

I did it once or twice when I worked at MFI call centre. I was having a bit of a thing with this girl there, and some of the emails would get pretty frisky.

I came back from a "toilet break" once only to be chastised by my supervisor for being in idle for 23 minutes. He of course asked what on earth I was doing in there. I couldn't help but just burst out laughing.

I quietly sat down red faced to smirks from my team.

:/

Nah, I'm with Musha on this one. Sometimes the urge is just to strong, you just have to go and sort yourself out. It's just one of those things, when you gotta go, you gotta go!

I did it once or twice when I worked at MFI call centre. I was having a bit of a thing with this girl there, and some of the emails would get pretty frisky.

I came back from a "toilet break" once only to be chastised by my supervisor for being in idle for 23 minutes. He of course asked what on earth I was doing in there. I couldn't help but just burst out laughing.

I quietly sat down red faced to smirks from my team.

:/

Why wouldn't you just say you had the shits? Or you got a phone call?

console wars has returned in full force today

PS4 is doomeeedddddd

I love it. That "God hates the PS4" thread is awesome.

NinjaBoiX

Why wouldn't you just say you had the shits? Or you got a phone call?
Well I must have had that shit eating grin a just relieved man often has on his face. He asked the question with a smirk himself, it must have been written all over my face, especially as I was glancing around at my team dying to crack up!

The relationship was a regular joke and stuff with the team anyway, they all knew about it. To be honest, knowing Steph, he just wanted to put me on the spot, embarrass me in front of everyone. He was an awesome supervisor, just a right laugh! I didn't get in trouble particularly, it was just an incident I have etched in my mind.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Well I must have had that shit eating grin a just relieved man often has on his face. He asked the question with a smirk himself, it must have been written all over my face, especially as I was glancing around at my team dying to crack up!

The relationship was a regular joke and stuff with the team anyway, they all knew about it. To be honest, knowing Steph, he just wanted to put me on the spot, embarrass me in front of everyone. He was an awesome supervisor, just a right laugh! I didn't get in trouble particularly, it was just an incident I have etched in my mind.

Everyone could have thought you were taking a long shit and laughter was the only way to filter there embarrassment about the subject.

I popped my head in there and decided that I just couldn't deal with it. Topics like that make me hate video gamers.

Yeah, it's not fun for the sensible people, let's put it that way.

Way too much irrationality regarding spec talk.

Oh right. Fair enough. So long as you didn't get too much shit for it.

NinjaBoiX

Everyone could have thought you were taking a long shit and laughter was the only way to filter there embarrassment about the subject.
Well Al leaned straight over and asked "did you just knock one out?", so I doubt it.

Man, shit was embarrassing either way!

Reknoc

Urgh this bus route home is unbearable at times. Goes past the football and cricket stadiums so if there's ever a game on at either the bus gets packed. Can't be doing with it in this heat.

no angel

They can be difficult considering the time length some employers give you to complete them in. I'm surprised you're doing one though as I assumed that aptitude tests were only for graduate positions so they can weed out the 3/4 newly graduated ex-students out of the hundreds that applied. Somewhat gutted to hear that it's now considered for other job applications because I hate them too. Oh well, if you've got a phone interview then you're fine.
Just done some googling, it was cognitive reasoning test. It looked like it was a mixture of, 'raven's progressive matrices' and 'inductive and mathematical reasoning'.

Which all sounds horribly complicated and makes me feel a bit better at finding it hard.

Edit

That last sentence with all the mastabatory talk going on......

NinjaBoiX

All Foo's is good Foo's. Grohl is a mangod, I love it that he played everything on the first album, he's a freaking genius, and his voice is insane. Absolutely top bloke by all accounts too!

You can't fuck with that band.

I just remembered the Airshow is on this weekend. Sweet! It's always good for a laugh.

Edit: my favourite Foo's track:

Weenie Beenie

SKINNER!

Banned
Just got back from The Worlds End. Great film with good laughs but the weakest in the trilogy. Hot Fuzz still my fav. Worlds End's soundtrack was nostalgic as fuck though.
Wouldn't mind a marmalade sandwich right about now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom