• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
weekend plans britgaf?

Got a few films lined up at home, was going to The Wolverine or The World's End but I don't feel like the cinema again after going three weeks in a row. Might finally set up the 5.1 in the flat.

Hopefully, I'm going to finish Deadpool over the weekend. It's funny despite being written by Daniel Way but the combo system is a bunch of bullshit, basically a much worse version of Freeflow from the Arkham games.

Also got a good few books, and the Kindle Summer Sale is on so may get a few more.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Hour through my first shift of the day... Other member of staff on holiday so I can't do any of the work I intended to do in the cellar..

I have made the executive decision to play with the jukebox... Aw yiss

What's everyone's weekend plans?
I'm gonna go see the world's end or whatever it's called

Mikeside

when you two go out do you refer to yourselves as the pussy patrol?

when you go out do you act like a dick to everyone and then find yourself surprised that they call you out on it from time to time? :p

What's everyone's weekend plans?
I'm gonna go see the world's end or whatever it's called

I already did this. Read the thread, you histrionic bastard.

Also got a good few books, and the Kindle Summer Sale is on so may get a few more.

Thanks, didn't know about this. Bought a few books myself :)

Are Reel Big Fish cool? I have their live album which is good but never know if that's socially acceptable

Love RBF - are you a fan of much other ska? I love a bit of Spunge and Less Than Jake too.

NinjaBoiX

Britgaf was shittin' on Ska punk earlier in the thread but I go by what my special meter says and it reads...

nFaLjKK.gif
Yup, I use that meter all the time.

I remember as a teenager, being very aware of which bands were "cool", and shunning pop that I was actually into just to be all underground and shit. "My friends take the mick" and other such banalities could be heard from 18 yr old Ninj. But you get older and realise that's sadder than just enjoying whatever floats your boat.

Thanks Paramore, you broke the seal. Next stop, Bieber.

GJS

Should probably start following this thread again, been a while since I last kept up with what's going on in here.

Found out I passed my registration exam today, which means I'll officially be on the register of pharmacists on the 1st of August.

Rubbish King

Should probably start following this thread again, been a while since I last kept up with what's going on in here.

Found out I passed my registration exam today, which means I'll officially be on the register of pharmacists on the 1st of August.
Congratulations

You're the second person in this thread to be put on a register...

ain't that right mike? ;)

NinjaBoiX

Awesome work fella, well done!
Congratulations

You're the second person in this thread to be put on a register...

ain't that right mike?
;)
tumblr_leqdg3Ru6j1qaihbf.gif

Hystzen

God forgot how stupid people are in Stalybridge, chav woman asks what time it is when can see huge fucking clock is above me

wasn't even that type of chav hot the more crackhead chav type

Mikeside

Thanks.

Do I want to know the story behind that? Hah.

When I was about 18 I wrote a terrible song. (actually, I wrote about a million terrible songs)

In one of them, I wax lyrical about a girl I had a crush on for years and then finally we got together on my 18th birthday.

It went something like "at fifteen she didn't even know my name, right through seventeen things didn't change, but on my eighteenth birthday she's oh-so into me" or something cringey and terrible like that.

Mr. Tashbrooke found all this shit on my DeviantArt account (oh god this is getting worse) before I deleted it, so he's got a whole folder of frickin' screenshots which he's been blackmailing me with for the past...3 months?

CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG, BROOKE.
Post 'em, bitcchhhhh.

Rubbish King

What does an aptitude test consist of?
When I was about 18 I wrote a terrible song. (actually, I wrote about a million terrible songs)

In one of them, I wax lyrical about a girl I had a crush on for years and then finally we got together on my 18th birthday.

It went something like "at fifteen she didn't even know my name, right through seventeen things didn't change, but on my eighteenth birthday she's oh-so into me" or something cringey and terrible like that.

Mr. Tashbrooke found all this shit on my DeviantArt account (oh god this is getting worse) before I deleted it, so he's got a whole folder of frickin' screenshots which he's been blackmailing me with for the past...3 months?

CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG, BROOKE.
Post 'em, bitcchhhhh.
lpl
Fair play Mike, you just snatched Tash's only weapon clean out of his hand!

Your move Tash. Watcha gon du?
I just enjoyed having them.. It was just funny at the time as I was in akype with him whilst I was discovering more and more of his Internet paper trail

To be fair, it's still a weapon, it's just not a holstered one anymore.
I have some shit on Tash too, eh Rasher? EH?
lol its not a weapon at all

I still have two hours to go :(

But then I'm off to Forbidden Planet for the Ben Aaronovitch signing of his new book. The bloke is a huge fan so I'm getting it signed for him as a surprise, he has no idea!

Best girlfriend ever.

no angel

Yeah, must've done over 10 for job applications I applied for online. It's standard procedure.
Are they usually balls difficult? I'm 34 and have worked for my current employer for 11 years so I'm a bit out of the new job lark. This test had 75 questions over 3 sections, 4 minutes per section and was full of questions about logarithms, abstract shape progressions and loads of other horrible shit. I don't consider myself stupid (who does) but I was totally unprepared for how difficult some of the questions were, are they all like that?

Got called up to set a phone interview up so I assume I passed it it but I wasn't sure if I had after I finished it.

GJS

Are they usually balls difficult? I'm 34 and have worked for my current employer for 11 years so I'm a bit out of the new job lark. This test had 75 questions over 3 sections, 4 minutes per section and was full of questions about logarithms, abstract shape progressions and loads of other horrible shit. I don't consider myself stupid (who does) but I was totally unprepared for how difficult some of the questions were, are they all like that?

Got called up to set a phone interview up so I assume I passed it it but I wasn't sure if I had after I finished it.

If you got a phone interview you did fine.

Personality and aptitude tests are usually used to decide which applications go straight in the bin.

no angel

If you got a phone interview you did fine.

Personality and aptitude tests are usually used to decide which applications go straight in the bin.
It was only for a retail manager's position so I was expecting basic mathematics and comprehension stuff, just seemed a bit over the toe the level of position I was applying for. Just wondered if this is the norm or not!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Well yeah, flirting aside.

(I wuv you Musha, just a joke innit. That is actually really thoughtful. Bless ya!)

You best believe it boyo. I'm on call until half 4 though, so I have to wait. It's killing me! Having a cigarette as I type, what the fuck is this shit?

Cigarette's always remind me of trainspotting man.

images

NinjaBoiX

Yeah but you love my promiscuity, you wouldn't have me any other way ;P
Haha, this is why you're awesome.

I actually went back and edited it too "flirting", thinking it sounded too harsh. But she takes it on the chin like a pro! Too cool musha...

Good luck with your hair appointment tomorrow, I bet it looks mint! Pics ASAP pls.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Me and my pet dog exploring the dam area of NV while i wait on my friday night pizza coming.

2013_07_26_00006.jpg

Haha, this is why you're awesome.

I actually went back and edited it too "flirting", thinking it sounded too harsh. But she takes it on the chin like a pro! Too cool musha...

Good luck with your hair appointment tomorrow, I bet it looks mint! Pics ASAP pls.

Well there's a lot of reasons why I'm awesome, but this is one of them. Definitely do not take myself too seriously at all.

And thanks, I'm still a little nervous but we'll see how it goes. Pics as soon as I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom