• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Britgaf exclusive : me and mike drunk plus mike is dirty peasogile

One time, all the skin o my hands peeled off, thruthfacgs. Maybe I a. Replike.
0077_8za3.gif

MedicalGAF, I have a question; for the past couple of days, I have an odd tingling sensation on the tips of my fingers. It wasn't painful, felt more like some tickling than anything. But today its felt like someone stabbing pins into them, and it's spread to the base of my fingers and the bit of skin between the thumb and the first finger, on both hands. What could it be?

At a guess, poor circulation.

jimbor

Banned
"In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway."
Tyler Durden

Man, I forgot how much I love this movie.

I love the film and book but the fact that so many people hadn't been in a fight was so alien to me. It's a very non working class take on the modern male predicament.

SKINNER!

Banned
Just finished watching Oldboy and although the ending was less impactful than I anticipated (it was spoiled for me), I thought it was a well-paced film.

Meadows

Banned
MedicalGAF, I have a question; for the past couple of days, I have an odd tingling sensation on the tips of my fingers. It wasn't painful, felt more like some tickling than anything. But today its felt like someone stabbing pins into them, and it's spread to the base of my fingers and the bit of skin between the thumb and the first finger, on both hands. What could it be?

I'm not going to say it's cancer.

But it's cancer.

jimbor

Banned
Just finished watching Oldboy and although the ending was less impactful than I anticipated (it was spoiled for me), I thought it was a well-paced film.

The ending was a real WTF? moment for me when I saw it years ago. Now watch 'Sympathy for Mr Vengeance'. Great but fucking bleak.

Symphonia

Banned
I love the film and book but the fact that so many people hadn't been in a fight was so alien to me. It's a very non working class take on the modern male predicament.
If you love the book and film, I highly recommend this book. It's a collection of articles and insights regarding the book and the variety of authors intake on the book and movie. My ex got it me for a Christmas present (as well as a signed copy of Choke) and it was well worth the read.

Also, Palahnuik is apparently working on a sequel to Fight Club in the form of a graphic novel that should be released in 2015.

AcridMeat

Banned
It took me years of having Oldboy but never watching it. I loved it, wasn't spoiled ever somehow.
The ending was a real WTF? moment for me when I saw it years ago. Now watch 'Sympathy for Mr Vengeance'. Great but fucking bleak.
I've been meaning to watch this ever since Oldboy. Gosh darn it when I get back I swear I will, probably (maybe).

Watched Shaun Of The Dead today in prep of seeing The World's End later next week.

SKINNER!

Banned
It took me years of having Oldboy but never watching it. I loved it, wasn't spoiled ever somehow.

That's pretty lucky. It wasn't explicitly spoiled for me but the conversation last week moved onto Oldboy and normal scene discussions were chucked around. Someone blurted out that one magic word before another person asked "Who hasn't seen the film? Right, We'll change the subject but go watch the film". So I managed to successfully predict the outcome based on that one word but how the film came to that outcome was a surprise to me. Gonna check out this Sympathy for Mr Vengeance film tomorrow.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I thought the worlds end was alright, but it was nowhere near the standards of it's predecessors although it was probably the funniest, just didnt bond/relate to the characters and... *sighs* ..I agree with Kent...There was too much action...

Hey Ninja, did you get my text?

Go, but make sure you're meeting her somewhere super public with lots of people about

So I didn't get mugged but she was dangerous

The entire time she was hinting about going back to mine which I just couldn't do because I'm in a b+b paid for by my company and I can't have some crazy person knowing where I live - if I wasn't so wary of her I would probably have made that mistake

I dont know true it was but later in the night she was telling me that she had been abused - and that she's sick of drunks and that kind of thing - but the entire time she still kept hinting at going back to mine, it got to the point where she was telling me how easy she was after a few drinks - I am not someone to take advantage of people who are in a weird place - i tried to make it clear at most we were friends and that I was gonna look after her that night. The place she took me to seemed to be full of people who disliked her to the point she said some of them beat her up. I was pretty worried for myself tbh

I'm not even getting to some of the weirder bits - I feel like she was expecting me to try and bang her but wouldn't have let me - so I stayed back and that just made her act weirder.

Why can't I just meet a normal girl?

Jordan

Now GAF, do I be sensible and get my house back to normal and get everything sorted this morning... or go back to bed - I'm tired :(

AcridMeat

Banned
That's pretty lucky. It wasn't explicitly spoiled for me but the conversation last week moved onto Oldboy and normal scene discussions were chucked around. Someone blurted out that one magic word before another person asked "Who hasn't seen the film? Right, We'll change the subject but go watch the film". So I managed to successfully predict the outcome based on that one word but how the film came to that outcome was a surprise to me. Gonna check out this Sympathy for Mr Vengeance film tomorrow.
Ah yes but for me that's all it takes to "ruin" an involved story like that. It'll just always be in my head thinking, "is this what they meant?" Let me know what you think of Mr Vengeance.
Can't see the video, but I will say is being in a club playing new order and joy division in London fulfilled a lifelong goal for me.

Showing ninja my Ian Curtis dance was the cherry on top.

Chinner

Banned
Still trying to cross off "see radiohead live" from my own bucket list.

same, but at this point i dont think it'll ever happen. tickets sell out too fast, quite pricey and i'm never in the right area whenever they're playing.

shame really, they make good music.

Morning Gaf! I'm wondering how many sore heads there are this morning? (Jed and Mike I'm looking at you)

Now GAF, do I be sensible and get my house back to normal and get everything sorted this morning... or go back to bed - I'm tired :(

What time do you have to get it sorted by?

Ah it was regret. Good tune, here's another favorite

I'm hoping to cross off see NIN live this year. Already done Portishead and DJ Shadow. Still have a few like New Order, NIN and QOTSA

Though speaking of shows Titus Andronicus are playing about a week after I get back to the states, excited for that!

QOTSA are awesome live, but I was really disappointed by NIN, I'm hoping it was just a one off bad gig.

AcridMeat

Banned
QOTSA are awesome live, but I was really disappointed by NIN, I'm hoping it was just a one off bad gig.
I missed out seeing a NIN show with QOTSA as the opener back in ~2005. I've hated myself for not going ever since. Huge group of my good friends who aren't concert goers went too. :(

jimbor

Banned
Ah it was regret. Good tune, here's another favorite

I'm hoping to cross off see NIN live this year. Already done Portishead and DJ Shadow. Still have a few like New Order, NIN and QOTSA

Though speaking of shows Titus Andronicus are playing about a week after I get back to the states, excited for that!

I've seen NIN and DJ Shadow out of that lot. Seen Hooky performing Joy Division and New Order stuff but it's not quite the same.

AcridMeat

Banned
What'd you think of NIN? Were they a bust for you as well?

I'd have added Rush to that but they're too old now and if they ever tour again it's so fucking expensive.

That's why I'm worried about ever* seeing QOTSA at this point. They've gotten so popular that they sell out right away. Maybe I should just try to go to an Eagles of Death Metal show. Well, I definitely should do that anyway.

That Titus Andronicus show is in September, not August, d'oh. However Minus The Bear plays the next night after, and The Slackers a few nights after that. Should be a good month, this September.

jimbor

Banned
What'd you think of NIN? Were they a bust for you as well?

I'd have added Rush to that but they're too old now and if they ever tour again it's so fucking expensive.

That's why I'm worried about seeing QOTSA at this point. They've gotten so popular that they sell out right away. Maybe I should just try to go to an Eagles of Death Metal show. Well, I definitely should do that anyway.

That Titus Andronicus show is in September, not August, d'oh. However Minus The Bear plays the next night after, and The Slackers a few nights after that. Should be a good month, this September.

I've seen EODM too, wasn't that fussed. Didn't pay too much attention to NIN as I was drunk but don't remember them being all that.

NinjaBoiX

Go back to bed. Tidying/cleaning when tired is the worst! Wake up, stick some choons on, then bounce about the place with the hoover and a bin bag.
Showing ninja my Ian Curtis dance was the cherry on top.
Oh god...I don't think I'd have ever remembered that image if you hadn't just reminded me! Acrid busts some sick shapes indeed. D:
Morning Gaf! I'm wondering how many sore heads there are this morning? (Jed and Mike I'm looking at you)
I feel fresh as fuck this morning, two mint nights sleep back to back. Just got back from the shopping, now it's Sunday Brunch time with those two lovable baldies, Tim Lovejoy finally accepted defeat and joined the club! I love this show.

Also, QOTSA are the nuts, I'd love to see them live.

Jordan, this should be the first track of your cleaning adventure:

QOTSA - Everybody's Gonna Be Happy (Kinks cover)

Did anyone watch the Bjork meets Attenborough thing last night? I have it on the sky box, it looks really good. Will watch later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom