• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Goddamn this AlunaGeorge record is sexy as fuck; all slow lilting beats, deep resonant bass lines and breathy vocals. I was sold a minute into this first track:

AlunaGeorge - Outlines

Sorry for the short soundcloud clip, they seem to have their rights locked up good. No joy at all on YT.

This record is my new jam in the van, love it!

What are people listening to today? Music recommendations folks!

Edit: Kent's already all over it! Awesome.

Jordan

Goddamn this AlunaGeorge record is sexy as fuck; all slow lilting beats, deep resonant bass lines and breathy vocals. I was sold a minute into this first track:

AlunaGeorge - Outlines

Sorry for the short soundcloud clip, they seem to have their rights locked up good. No joy at all on YT.

I may just be listening to Paramore, might move on to something different a little later but god damn I'm so hyped!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

AlunaGeorge - Outlines

Reminds me of disclosure a little, I'm not happy about soundcloud though. I like to click music links that take me to youtube.

I'm blasting Kanye's new shit right now to get me hyped up, next i will play RZA BEEZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVz1kUTdc48

BANGIN

AlunaGeorge - Outlines

No comment. You won't like what I have to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-PAjXlPBxk

It is a little "girlie" I suppose, I just dig the grooves and her voice does things to me. I'm comfortable with it, it's cool!

How about some proper man music then?

YMCA - Macho Man

Haha, actually love that song. Mainly because Buffy was singing it in S1 E3 'The Witch' when she was under the spell that...... nm. Rambling on about Buffy is never a good thing.

SteveWD40

Actually I think it was Mike

You, and then, in an effort to win your hand in E-Marriage, Mike.

Females in BritGaf: There can be only one.

highlander-re-imagining.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Fuck it, one last tune this morning, try and claw some man points back! This tune just blows me away, every time. It must be played loud, it just doesn't sound right otherwise:

Justice - Waters of Nazareth

So banging, so much with the scuzzy filters, so much awesome.

Godly!

SmokyDave

Going viewing houses and secretly arranging to meet the gf's Dad to ask for his permission to steal his daughter...

Time to bail out of life and go live as a hermit.

CO3ee9G.gif
Dude, congratulations! I hope it goes / went well for you.

The Finnish chick and her sexual innuendos were a highlight for the thread. I found it all very enjoyable.
I found it as irritating as syphilis, but I wasn't about to ruin the party.

NinjaBoiX

Fucking hell Donkey, you post some of the best gifs!
All the "I love you darlings" and "I wish I was there with you all" stuff was just too much, it felt disingenuous and sycophantic.

I'm sure she meant no harm, and I'm sure she's a lovely girl, but she just tries too hard! It's the same in PYPGAF, "I think I'm in love with all of you!"

ceI6Xkf.gif

Sorry Sadetar, you're blatantly probably reading this. Just chill a bit man, you put me on edge!

Edit: I'm sorry Steve, I meant to comment on that yesterday! Congrats brother, it's awesome you are doing it right, asking her pops. Good for you fella!

NinjaBoiX

This better not be a dig at Macho Man.

Also the group is called Village People. YMCA is one of their songs.
Oh yeah, see I knew that, I just dropped a clanger!

And yeah, sorry bud, that was a dig at Village People. The dude has a great voice, but urgh, too much with the camp disco! It's fun enough I suppose, just not my thing in the least.

SmokyDave

Thanks Dave
and only Dave...

He gave the nod (and welled up) so now to buy the shiny, platinum expensive bit.
Nice. I really enjoyed asking the missus' dad. It's the moment that the wheels are properly in motion and an idea becomes an action. Plus, he gave me lots of beer, which is always good. I really enjoyed buying the ring as well, a decent jeweller will go a long way to making the whole thing a little more 'special' and you get great service when buying shiny diamonds.

Have you any idea when or how you're going to ask her?

I'm sure she meant no harm, and I'm sure she's a lovely girl
Oh yeah, no doubt. It just got a bit weird for a while.

SteveWD40

Have you any idea when or how you're going to ask her?

I have a few, but I can't mention them because god knows how but she may see this and it's not worth the drama.

If your reading this Jen, I am going to abseil into your office Hannibal Smith style, flashbang your team, throw you onto a chopper and propose a mile over Salford Quays.

Chinner

Banned

All the "I love you darlings" and "I wish I was there with you all" stuff was just too much, it felt disingenuous and sycophantic.

I'm sure she meant no harm, and I'm sure she's a lovely girl, but she just tries too hard! It's the same in PYPGAF, "I think I'm in love with all of you!"

http://i.imgur.com/ceI6Xkf.gif[/IG]

Sorry Sadetar, you're blatantly probably reading this. Just chill a bit man, you put me on edge![/QUOTE]
[img]http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/521/u32.gif

Nearing the end of the commission that's been my focus for the last... two months or so now? Lovely to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Aaah.

NinjaBoiX

Aww man, the wheels are falling off now, I'm so tired! I'd like nothing more than to climb into my bed right now and just chill. I'm pretty much lying down in the van as I type.

I just didn't get enough last night, I can't deal with another 4 hours of yawning and stretching!

Fucking olds tonight as I did go last night too, that should help with the yawning. :/

daviyoung

Banned
'ello, ello, What's going on here then? I just see GIFs that seem to take the piss out of someone? What's with the bundle? Anyone have an abridged version?

Hystzen

Geez go to sleep wake up seeing BritGAF being kind of dickish not cool

Also good look Steve may force be with you at trying come up with something special

SteveWD40

Also good look Steve may force be with you at trying come up with something special

Thanks, I will need it after the standard my Bro in law set (scavenger hunt around their favourite London spots with professionally illustrated cards at each one until they got to Hyde park and it had the pic of the ring on it...fucker.)

Symphonia

Banned
I just made the killer mistake of taking a nap before work. I have five minutes to get down town to the train station and then catch the train into work. I can 99% guarantee that this is NOT going to happen. Fuck.

Shitting on other posters in public? Smooth.
How come she stopped posting anyway? She disappeared overnight.

Anyway congrats Steve, very nice that you spoke to her dad beforehand! What type of wedding do you think you'll end up with- small and personal, or one to rival William and Kate?

Mikeside

Well, it wasn't us that made the remarks that led to her leaving the thread...

I made remarks that I found her constant sexualization of everything annoying. Which I did
A bit like when people complained that I was talking too much about my dating stuffs.
A bit like when people complained that Tashbrooke was posting too much.

Don't make me out to be some kind of bad guy. All I did was voice my opinion, I didn't tell her to fuck off, I mentioned that I found some of what she was posting annoying.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Oi mikeside, dont u drag me into this ill bash ur fukin hed in u slag, swer on me mum

care to explain your avvy too?

The late shifts are both a blessing and a curse.
I hear you bruddah
Saw that in gaming the other day, so gd
Dude, congratulations! I hope it goes / went well for you.

For once I agree with you
I'm with you on that.

You guys are being mean girls. No need to twist the knife.
Let's just be happy that she seems to be doing well in PYPGAF, eh?

She's all over those communities, not just PYP

SteveWD40

I mentioned that I found some of what she was posting annoying.

In a slightly bitchy way, which taken with Musha's previous remarks might have looked like a bunch of people were talking shit about her.

I know voicing dissent against certain members is likely to make me as popular as a herpes sore but fuck it, I don't like the idea that if certain people take a dislike to a person then others will pile on.

Rich!

BRITGAF

Me and one of my mates have decided to relive our silly days gone by and work on a new EP

I've done two backing tracks - one is Gangsta Kirby and the other is Super Surprise Motherfucker World. Just need some opinions on the tracks and maybe some ideas on themes to use for the lyrics

https://soundcloud.com/richisclearlyawesome/gangsta-rap-yeeeeah-boi

https://soundcloud.com/richisclearlyawesome/super-surprise-motherfucker

and each of these only took me about an hour to do, i know theyre shit

and as an example, here's a track we did back in year 11 (15/16 years old). fucking donkey years ago, considering we're 24 now. I did the backing vocals and the "CALL THEM TRAVELLERS" part:

https://soundcloud.com/richisclearlyawesome/chappos

Also - just to cover myself, no offence was meant with the lyrics, Yes, we used the N word, but considering one of us three is black AND it was a parody, we felt justified. and still do! We performed it live at our school's battle of the bands in front of 200+ people, and they loved it. Tried to be all gangsta and shit, and it was hilarious. Got kicked off the stage for bad language.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom