• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Train.

Parking and traffic will undoubtedly be a pain. Always get the train.

Plus don't you want to have a drink?

I'm not sure whether drinking would be a sensible idea as I normally struggle to get home when I'm in my local area!

Train.
No question

As has been said, just get the train - such a ballache parking in london.

If you're set on driving, check out https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/ to see if there are any cheap spaces nearby - I kind of doubt it, though

I think the event finishes at 3AM, so I'm not really sure on what trains are running around this time, I'll have a look on TFL to find out.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Back at work after being poorly for a couple of days. Need to be efficient and smart and not look at GAF. Failing...!

Gonna be on the radio tonight playing an acoustic version of a song that should not be acoustic. Am half expecting a car crash but at least it's an experience. Let's do this!

I'm not sure whether drinking would be a sensible idea as I normally struggle to get home when I'm in my local area!

I think the event finishes at 3AM, so I'm not really sure on what trains are running around this time, I'll have a look on TFL to find out.

How old are you and where do you live?

Kingles

Neo Member
Where do you live: Liverpool
Where are you from: Liverpool
University: None.
Favourite Sport: Football
Political party of choice: None.
Favourite thing on the box: Breaking Bad, Masterchef.UFC!!!!
Favourite crisp flavour: Salt and Vinegar
Favourite biscuit: Bourbon.
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: None.
Beano or Dandy: Beano

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Games tester eh? So does that mean that you actually now hate games IRL? Worked on anything interesting? Welcome to the thread :) love the Batman avatar btw, very nice.

Kingles

Neo Member
Cheers man. I still love games just don't love as many games as I used to growing up :). Been my job for 13 years now. Sadly I would lose my job if I mentioned any games :). Cheers! Good to see a Brit gaf. Been a lurker on here for some time, not much
Of a poster.

Cheers man. I still love games just don't love as many games as I used to growing up :). Been my job for 13 years now. Sadly I would lose my job if I mentioned any games :). Cheers! Good to see a Brit gaf. Been a lurker on here for some time, not much
Of a poster.

Haha, guessing you're at Sony Liverpool, huh? Welcome. :)

So are you responsible for sending him buggy shit to make him HATE GAMING now, huh?
Shhhhh... >__>
Sony-GAF will take over the world.

K3jYCNZ.gif

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Morning BritGAF, I wish the weather would warm the fuck up.

882799_439207996173538_1721221670_o.jpg

Getting a little warmer in scotland, Heres a shot i took yesterday when i was hillwalking/exercising the Scottish way.

Don't mind the snow though i was on some pretty high terrain

Kentpaul

Tashbrooke I'm thinking about leaving city for a job in the barrs soda factory (more hours and a higher pay but the job is standing on the same spot for 12 hours pressing a button) 7 till 7 nightshifts GULP, 7 till 7 day shifts GULP, my god why is life tough. I would have to go on anti depressants to handle such a boring job. 3 days on and 3 days off.

I have done enough time in cop shop police cells to know the mind can be a hard place to escape to if your stuck in the same place for a period of time.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Tashbrooke I'm thinking about leaving city for a job in the barrs soda factory (more hours and a higher pay but the job is standing on the same spot for 12 hours pressing a bottom)

I have done enough time in cop shop police cells to know the mind can be a hard place to escape to if your stuck in the same place for a period of time.

Hmm, i wouldnt do it bro, factory works alright but i reckon you enjoyed that CFM job, jumping on the street cleaner and such, if you deffo got the job in the bag, talk to CFM about a payrise or an hours increase just to see if they'll bump up that stuff to keep you.

Me mate did a job in a tile factory standing in the same place for 8-12 hour shifts and he said he hated it, mainly because they stopped people wearing headphones, that's health and safety for you though

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Tashbrooke I'm thinking about leaving city for a job in the barrs soda factory (more hours and a higher pay but the job is standing on the same spot for 12 hours pressing a button) 7 till 7 nightshifts GULP, 7 till 7 day shifts GULP, my god why is life tough. I would have to go on anti depressants to handle such a boring job. 3 days on and 3 days off.

Argh, 12 hours is brutal. I don't understand how employer can get away with it, it's a crazy way to make people live for the sake of 'productivity' (and how productive is anyone after even 6 hours of the same shit, let alone 12?). Even being around that much Irn Bru isn't worth the eventual breakdown and suicidal thoughts that job would inspire.

Kentpaul

Hmm, i wouldnt do it bro, factory works alright but i reckon you enjoyed that CFM job, jumping on the street cleaner and such, if you deffo got the job in the bag, talk to CFM about a payrise or an hours increase just to see if they'll bump up that stuff to keep you.

Me mate did a job in a tile factory standing in the same place for 8-12 hour shifts and he said he hated it, mainly because they stopped people wearing headphones, that's health and safety for you though

Having to deal with a few intolerable people i cannot stand to be around (these scumbags are friendly with our boss and love to snitch everyone up for the most petty things), Its really brought me down to a level of life hate.

Had to tell one of them to fuck off and leave work today (fake sicky) to get a bottle of buckfast and cheer my self up, and another thing about my job is you feel inferior to the asda operatives who work in the warehouse most of them ignore your existence and only a few spark conversation.

Summary

Mopping up boxes of smashed wine really kills any joy in life. I feel like a servant, FTL. Wish i took school more seriously.

I'l feel better when this bucky kick in.

Argh, 12 hours is brutal. I don't understand how employer can get away with it, it's a crazy way to make people live for the sake of 'productivity' (and how productive is anyone after even 6 hours of the same shit, let alone 12?). Even being around that much Irn Bru isn't worth the eventual breakdown and suicidal thoughts that job would inspire.

I think i could handle it if no one pisses me off, I can't handle hot headed arguments with people or pretty arguments. After the argument the shit replays in my head to the point i get a short breath and shake a little.

Rubbish King

i used to do 10-12 hour shift in a logistics/despatch area of a factory, didnt mind it, didnt have a life though which sucked....the money kept me going though ^_^

Rubbish King

Having to deal with a few intolerable people i cannot stand to be around (these scumbags are friendly with our boss and love to snitch everyone up for the most petty things), Its really brought me down to a level of life hate.

Had to tell one of them to fuck off and leave work today (fake sicky) to get a bottle of buckfast and cheer my self up, and another thing about my job is you feel inferior to the asda operatives who work in the warehouse most of them ignore your existence and only a few spark conversation.

Summary

Mopping up boxes of smashed wine really kills any joy in life.

I'l feel better when this bucky kick in.

Just complain man, that's how you get shit done, write it all down so they cant ignore it or misinterpret it

write a letter, run it by someone first just to make sure you arent being too rude or brutal innit :D

Jordan

Ah ok. Learn to handle your drink firstly, and I'm sure there'll be late trains to Heathrow. You could leave before 3am of course...

Dammit. Always when I'm not home.

Yeah, I'm a new drinker and unfortunately when I drink I normally drink way too much way too quickly. I need L plates I think.

I think I might just drive there and not drink! May well be a nightmare, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

Kentpaul

Yeah, I'm a new drinker and unfortunately when I drink I normally drink way too much way too quickly. I need L plates I think.

I think I might just drive there and not drink! May well be a nightmare, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

I just finished 11.25 units of booze (buckfast) at 11.33 AM lol, Fucking hell yeah

As a new drinker there are rules you should follow, not mixing, find what drinks agree with you what don't etc.

It's totally doable in a car, leave as late as you can allow though.

I just finished 11.25 units of booze (buckfast) at 11.33 AM lol, Fucking hell yeah

Jordan, do not try and copy Kent, he is a real man and a master of alcohol consumption who has taken years to perfect his craft. You would likely end up dead if you tried this.

Kent, stop trying to lead the impressionable newbies astray or you'll get a spanking ;)

xUdB6Vm.jpg

MancGAF is coming.

Wonder how Sheffield GAF feels about this post!

I work round the corner from the Tech park in Wavertree, by the Matalan etc. :p

Jordan

Yeah, I'm so not copying that! I will die.

As a new drinker there are rules you should follow, not mixing, find what drinks agree with you what don't etc.

It's totally doable in a car, leave as late as you can allow though.

Jordan, do not try and copy Kent, he is a real man and a master of alcohol consumption who has taken years to perfect his craft. You would likely end up dead if you tried this.

Kent, stop trying to lead the impressionable newbies astray or you'll get a spanking ;)

Thanks Musha, my current drink of choice is vodka/lemonade and the occasional shot. It's gone up considering it was cocktails (woo woo, sex on the beach) and I don't look at all manly!

Kentpaul

Brit gaf, Going on a coke/booze bender for a few days.

Fuck knows were i will end up after this shit, my phonnill is paid for another month so i keep in touch

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You've convinced me to get Bioshock Infinite, I'll break in the new PC with it tomorrow.

It better not be shite.

It's not, Reknoc is just being an internet troll. OMG must hate on popular game!

Bioshock is a very good and very pretty shooter with some cool other bits added in for flavour. Stay away if you don't like shooting folksin the face though, I could see being let down by it if you paid no attention and didn't realise it was an FPS.

It's not, Reknoc is just being an internet troll. OMG must hate on popular game!

Bioshock is a very good and very pretty shooter with some cool other bits added in for flavour. Stay away if you don't like shooting folksin the face though, I could see being let down by it if you paid no attention and didn't realise it was an FPS.

I rate Bioshock one as one of the best games of this generation, Bioshock two not so much.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I rate Bioshock one as one of the best games of this generation, Bioshock two not so much.

Oh you'll love it then. The Bio1 echoes are wonderful.

Get the first game instead.

Oh, uh wait, get it again I guess.

Dude, trolling is not an attractive quality in a person. There is plenty in BI to make it a worthwhile play, especially if you're a fan of the first game. The combat is markedly improved and is really fun. The rollercoaster shit is good to mix things up with. The story is engaging and interesting. The environment is spectacular. It's a well put together experience that had me hooked for the whole ride.

My main criticism would be that it gets a little TOO hectic at times and approaches overkill. But I found the pacing was fairly even, after a manic section you'd get a nice breather and chunk of story to make the effort worth you while.

Kentpaul

Stay alive, Kent! I'd prefer a weed and biscuits bender myself.

il make work on the monday late, but a few line of chalry and good mates will fucking deal with this stress right now, See you soon my man

edit, the dude who had the paper has pulled out, mehhh back to life blah

Reknoc

Oh you'll love it then. The Bio1 echoes are wonderful.

Dude, trolling is not an attractive quality in a person. There is plenty in BI to make it a worthwhile play, especially if you're a fan of the first game. The combat is markedly improved and is really fun. The rollercoaster shit is good to mix things up with. The story is engaging and interesting. The environment is spectacular. It's a well put together experience that had me hooked for the whole ride.

My main criticism would be that it gets a little TOO hectic at times and approaches overkill. But I found the pacing was fairly even, after a manic section you'd get a nice breather and chunk of story to make the effort worth you while.

At the moment I pretty much entirely disagree. I'm trying not to say too much on it because I'm admittedly not that far (got the lightning plasmid). Bioshock has improved it's gunplay in exchange it removed any of its atmosphere. The beginning floored me, climbing the lighthouse and the sounds and lights coming through the clouds, holy shit this is Bioshock. Then I walked through Columbia saw it functioning and that was cool, you didn't do that in Bioshock because Rapture had already been fucked. Then I clawed a guy in the face and went from one encounter to the other of waves of enemies and I realised I'm going through Tomb Raider all over again.

The rollercoaster stuff is kinda neat, but it just feels like a metaphor for AAA shooter games, including Infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom