• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noffles

Banned
I wrote a shitty article designed only to piss off Mass Effect fans about the word 'entitled' a while back.

So much mad was thrown at me.

Mikeside

I had a weird moment last night. I woke up about 11pm and everything was just strange. It was like having memory loss but still remembering everything. It was like life and the universe was unfamiliar, unreal. Or like super self conciousness. Actually freaked me out quite a bit.

I'm not making much sense I know, but has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Yeah, I get that all the time, especially if I wake up and I'm not in my own bed.
I used to get panic attacks in situations like that, but I have breathing exercises and shit that I do now. Meditating before I go to sleep helps too.

Mr. Sam

I had a weird moment last night. I woke up about 11pm and everything was just strange. It was like having memory loss but still remembering everything. It was like life and the universe was unfamiliar, unreal. Or like super self conciousness. Actually freaked me out quite a bit.

I'm not making much sense I know, but has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

That, or something very similar to that, happened to me once, yeah.

Mikeside

I also get that feeling after I've done NOS. But then, when I do that shit I keep chugging so long I'm basically just self-asphyxiating, but I'm not in control by that point. I've had people wrestle the balloon away from me because I'm seriously blue in the face

...and that's why I don't do NOS anymore.

BritGAF, last night at the pub, an interesting conversation came up with my friends. Would you watch a live action Sonic movie with Danny DeVito as Sonic and Alan Rickman as Dr. Robotnik?

Reknoc

BritGAF, last night at the pub, an interesting conversation came up with my friends. Would you watch a live action Sonic movie with Danny DeVito as Sonic and Alan Rickman as Dr. Robotnik?

I should say no, but Alan Rickman being in it had me pause for thought.

Mikeside

OK, this day trip to Canada to see Broken Social Scene is going to cost me roughly £800-900 all in.

I think I'm going to do it anyway, you only live once, right?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
OK, this day trip to Canada to see Broken Social Scene is going to cost me roughly £800-900 all in.

You might as well hire one of them saucy canuck prossies at the same time to really make it worthwhile :p

OK I'm jealous!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I just got offered to play a gig by a genuine hero from my 20s. Feels good man! Got some really exciting shows coming up, life is good. Stressful and hard work and ego battering but good.

Seanbob11

Prepare for a lengthy stay at immigration. I flew there for 3 days to visit someone and was kept for hours because the immigration officers couldn't comprehend that I came that far for such a short stay.

Jordan

Does anybody know what the Bedroom Bar is like in London? I'm going tonight, found a suitable car park and hopefully not going to get into any trouble!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Am I the only person that isn't that worried about this? My consoles are always online anyway. I could see it hurting sales maybe if the reports of half the userbase never connecting to the internet currently is true.
It isn't so much that always-online is a shock horror anymore, but the way a microsoft developer talked down and acted like a supreme douchebag to everyone about it really cemented the 'microsoft: fuck you' attitude this generation.
it also smacks of entitlement when people complain so much
Really? lost me there, Jedeye.
Oh boy? Engage or don't.

Hearing gamers winge and moan about a delay of a couple of days is a symptom of entitlement and lack of patience. From what I heard Sim City was indeed a clusterfuck and that's terrible, but it's still only a game, it's not like it has a genuinely negative effect on one's life if you can't play for a couple of days. Or weeks or months even. But you get the same thing even when day one deliveries are late too (as I said, I'm as guilty as the next idiot, I bought 2 copies of Halo 4 because I couldn't wait 24 hours to play the thing - but it's still a bit pathetic).

And new we're kvetching over the possibility that the online infrastructure might occasionally shit itself. OMG what do we do?? Maybe play with one of the other dozen gadgets around the house, or do something entirely different. Oh boy.
It's the very opposite of entitlement. It's a product they want you to purchase. Consumers have every right to complain when it doesn't meet established or perceived standards. In the case of possible always-online requirement in a world where always-online internet infrastructure is not a possibility for every home that wants to play, people have every right to be upset. You're always online and don't see a problem because you believe your internet connection is stable enough to where you don't think you will notice. Congrats that's great for you. But don't sneer at everyone else and say people are entitled because they are not in the same boat.

Like someone else said earlier, it's about control. Bad methods of control that fuck with your gameplay experience (the reason you are buying a console in the first place) are awful and always-online is one of those 'bad' methods. My guess is that based on this information and a lot of the bad PR, Microsoft will release a neutered version of their always-online with diminished requirement from what they had originally planned, which will be enough to sway most people along side the new Halo or whatever other flashy bang bang game they like to lure the easily distracted people with.

Mikeside

Does anybody know what the Bedroom Bar is like in London? I'm going tonight, found a suitable car park and hopefully not going to get into any trouble!

I was there on Sunday just gone - it was alright. Nice little venue, not much to say really - drinks are SO expensive there, though.

Wait, what?

You're doing a day trip, to Canada???

Yeah, it's a bit much, but I'm thinking - this is only chance I'll have to see this band & what's being poor for a few months?

OK I'm jealous!

Come along - it'll only cost you a fuckload plus probably the seething anger of your wife.

are you mad

I think I existentially need an experience like this right now. Lots of life validation might pull me out of what I think is a bit of a slump.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
^ I said I wasn't talking about that no more. Apparently I am wrong, fair enough :p
I kind of read the posts and jumped to discussing it, before finishing reading the thread, my bad. I've had a worse moment I think when talking about the Wii or something and BGBW had to smack me down.

Jordan

I was there on Sunday just gone - it was alright. Nice little venue, not much to say really - drinks are SO expensive there, though.

The guys at my work were trying to put me off it saying how Shoreditch is the worst place for crime in London. How safe is it around there?

SKINNER!

Banned
woah wait, 1 day?! Bro, £800 for 1 day is just silly when you can go for like 5+ days and stay at a hostel or cheap motel for the same amount. See the sights, try new foods etc. going solo? Meet new folk etc.

But yeah, travelling abroad is great for life experience man.

Be sure to meet local gaffers there and sneak me some poutine too!

Mikeside

The guys at my work were trying to put me off it saying how Shoreditch is the worst place for crime in London. How safe is it around there?

I hear there's a lot of phone and wallet theft but really, if you're not going to be wandering the back streets on your own and you don't hold up your belongings shouting "OH LOOK HOW FLASHY AND EXPENSIVE ALL MY THINGS ARE!" you'll be fine.

woah wait, 1 day?! Bro, £800 for 1 day is just silly when you can go for like 5+ days and stay at a hostel or cheap motel for the same amount. See the sights, try new foods etc. going solo? Meet new folk etc.

But yeah, travelling abroad is great for life experience man.

Be sure to meet local gaffers there and sneak me some poutine too!

I don't have enough holiday entitlement left to take a week and I definitely can't afford a whole week out there. I'll settle for a day, then go back in a year or two - I've always wanted to visit Canada (with a possible view to moving there in 10 or so years)

f0rk

I don't have enough holiday entitlement left to take a week and I definitely can't afford a whole week out there. I'll settle for a day, then go back in a year or two - I've always wanted to visit Canada (with a possible view to moving there in 10 or so years)

You aren't really visiting Canada

Darren870

Worst crime in London? LOL! Must not get out much.

Its fine, I've stumbled around there drunk and had no issues. Use common sense like going out anywhere.

I looked where that bar is and its in a fine area. You start going up kingsland road a lot and maybe you could have some issues. Then again I walk that a lot and have never had a problem.

Jordan

Worst crime in London? LOL! Must not get out much.

Its fine, I've stumbled around there drunk and had no issues. Use common sense like going out anywhere.

I looked where that bar is and its in a fine area. You start going up kingsland road a lot and maybe you could have some issues. Then again I walk that a lot and have never had a problem.

No, they really don't!

I'm going to be parking in a car park on Shoreditch High Street, so I am not too far from the bar and hopefully should be getting there before 9, and when I'm leaving I'm going to be leaving with a friend so I should be alright. I'll keep everything hidden and out of sight!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
twitterjimsterlingamaxlsxi.jpg
iZ4Xc7uzxvJUA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom