• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

iZ4Xc7uzxvJUA.gif

amazing.

SKINNER!

Banned
I don't have enough holiday entitlement left to take a week and I definitely can't afford a whole week out there. I'll settle for a day, then go back in a year or two - I've always wanted to visit Canada (with a possible view to moving there in 10 or so years)

Considering it's a band you really want to see then I suppose that's not too bad. Kinda did the same thing myself with a music festival. Well, let us know how you get along. If you're planning on heading to Canada next year then gimmie a shout as I'm thinking of taking that famous Rocky Mountaineer train from Calgary to Vancouver, chill out there for a bit and then take a ferry from Victoria to Seattle for PAX. Could do with a travelling buddy. Assuming I'm still in a job by next year of course.

Mikeside

Considering it's a band you really want to see then I suppose that's not too bad. Kinda did the same thing myself with a music festival. Well, let us know how you get along. If you're planning on heading to Canada next year then gimmie a shout as I'm thinking of taking that famous Rocky Mountaineer train from Calgary to Vancouver, chill out there for a bit and then take a ferry from Victoria to Seattle for PAX. Could do with a travelling buddy. Assuming I'm still in a job by next year of course.

That sounds awesome - let me know when you start planning.

I'm pretty psyched for this to be a one day, on my own, massive trip. As somebody who never used to consider doing ANYTHING on my own, it's going to be very good for me. Assuming I can figure out the money, this is happening.

Maybe I should livestream my journey from my phone, but with a subscription fee. Perfect way to finance the whole thing :p

Darren870

No, they really don't!

I'm going to be parking in a car park on Shoreditch High Street, so I am not too far from the bar and hopefully should be getting there before 9, and when I'm leaving I'm going to be leaving with a friend so I should be alright. I'll keep everything hidden and out of sight!

Dude, its not that bad. You will be fine walking alone to your car and back.

The rule of thumb in North London is don't walk and text and don't wear headphones late at night. People who walk and text will get their phone swiped by a hoodrat on a bike. I've seen it happen more times that I can count (actually was a witness and got some kid locked up cause I ID'd him). Headphones means you have something and someone might follow you late at night.

Sure there are other things, but if you walk with your head up most people don't bother you.

Chinner

Banned
It isn't so much that always-online is a shock horror anymore, but the way a microsoft developer talked down and acted like a supreme douchebag to everyone about it really cemented the 'microsoft: fuck you' attitude this generation.Really? lost me there, Jedeye.It's the very opposite of entitlement. It's a product they want you to purchase. Consumers have every right to complain when it doesn't meet established or perceived standards. In the case of possible always-online requirement in a world where always-online internet infrastructure is not a possibility for every home that wants to play, people have every right to be upset. You're always online and don't see a problem because you believe your internet connection is stable enough to where you don't think you will notice. Congrats that's great for you. But don't sneer at everyone else and say people are entitled because they are not in the same boat.

Like someone else said earlier, it's about control. Bad methods of control that fuck with your gameplay experience (the reason you are buying a console in the first place) are awful and always-online is one of those 'bad' methods. My guess is that based on this information and a lot of the bad PR, Microsoft will release a neutered version of their always-online with diminished requirement from what they had originally planned, which will be enough to sway most people along side the new Halo or whatever other flashy bang bang game they like to lure the easily distracted people with.

yeah basically. to call gamers 'entitled' just really reeks of not having awareness of others outside of your own situation.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
CHEEZMO™;52774995 said:
>tfw you see cute girls in town and the first thing you look at is what they're wearing
I do this too, I can't help but admire the fabric on leggings on the back, it just happens to be where the wearers arse is located

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing wrong with having a look on what they are wearing. You can't beat seeing a nice ass and figure on a women in nice clothing, that's for sure.
Also I am feeling pretty damn good after a nice 8 mile run on the treadmill today, burning my usual 1000 calories. I love running <3

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Oh shit how have I never seen this thread before! Hope I am not too late to join in.

Where do you live: Isle of Wight
Where are you from: Bristle.
University: Pompey.
Favourite Sport: Rugby.
Political party of choice: Labour.
Favourite thing on the box: Luther, GoT, Breaking Bad, TWD, How TV ruined your life. Masterchef (lol)
Favourite crisp flavour: Chipsticks innit.
Favourite biscuit: Custard Creams!
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Pass.
Beano or Dandy: Pass.

f0rk

Oh shit how have I never seen this thread before! Hope I am not too late to join in.

Favourite thing on the box: Luther, GoT, Breaking Bad, TWD, How TV ruined your life. Masterchef (lol)

Are you working on Little Big Planet 3?

Chinner

Banned
label can you please confirm or deny that you are in fact working on a video that game that at some point will be released on a device that is bought from the general public

8bit

Knows the Score

Did you change your name again? Or am I confusing you with someone else with the same tag?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I am scared and confused. Ahh yes I think you are confusing me with someone else, although I cannot remember his name either anymore..

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Carmagedden xbox720 launch exclusive

Nobody will play it because it wants a blood sample as DRM.

Label, as long as you lot are busy porting Carma2 to iOS you can stay in this thread. I will take you continued posting as a tacit confirmation.

Mikeside

That game is looking good. (a man can dream)

Anyway to try and steer this away from me..

Has anyone had their bike stolen before? If so did you ever get it back?

My gf had her bike stolen in Southampton yesterday and fears she will never see it again.

I had my bike stolen once as a kid. It was an awesome black one with a Mario sticker on the pole that the seat sits on.
I saw it about 6 months later left outside our local newsagents (the Mario sticker was half ripped off by that point, the bastard), so I nicked it back.

8bit

Knows the Score
Has anyone had their bike stolen before? If so did you ever get it back?

One of my ex-friends managed to get my brother's bike stolen for me, he wanted to borrow it to go and buy weed in a dodgy area and after some needling I agreed to let him do it. An hour later he returned without weed or bike because someone pulled a knife on him. I had to call and lie to the police so I didn't get the blame for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom