• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
just hacked into jedeyes email....
30KSciM.jpg

my god. it was in his folder titled 'wank bank'.

Ptyzk.jpg

Wait, didn't we agree he wasn't?

Oh, wait. Yeah, uh. Yeah, Tash is invited to all the meets. Yeah.

Edit: Oh god, that shit has made it into this thread now.

I know you and Mike have this new found bromance going on, but don't be dragging other Gaffers down in your sordid little affair.

Chinner

Banned
as the new thread alpha, noffles has claimed iammikeside as his mating partner and will commence the ritual of a quick kebab when he see fits. tashbrooke, who has been shunned as the beta poster of britgaf, has put much effort into pleasing the new alpha poster, but finds his attempts to be ignored.

Mikeside

as the new thread alpha, noffles has claimed iammikeside as his mating partner and will commence the ritual of a quick kebab when he see fits. tashbrooke, who has been shunned as the beta poster of britgaf, has put much effort into pleasing the new alpha poster, but finds his attempts to be ignored.

comic or it didn't happen.

Musha, I feel you're partially responsible for the hangover I'm suffering right now.

Hystzen

hey GAF is working for me again typical I had views on skyrim and current affairs in this thread and it would not load

Spent all last night finishing MGS2. OMG those cutscenes at the end would NEVER end! But the game was way better than I was expecting. I actually can't wait to play Rising now, I want to see why Raiden is so different from how he is in 2. Onwards to 3!

How long did you stay as naked raiden and get the random conversations with campbell? I spent maybe an hour just running around listening to each one. People are going to lie and say 3 is best but 2 is still better

Chinner

Banned
2 is definitely better. gameplay is faster and more open, and the story, despite the iffy writing/translation, is really strong.

hey GAF is working for me again typical I had views on skyrim and current affairs in this thread and it would not load

How long did you stay as naked raiden and get the random conversations with campbell? I spent maybe an hour just running around listening to each one. People are going to lie and say 3 is best but 2 is still better

I still haven't replayed 2 past the tanker. Can't get used to the fixed point camera.

Chinner

Banned
fixed camera points make sense and play fine within mgs1 and 2, when you're in confined areas. it only really fell apart once they introduced the open enviroments in mgs3.

fixed camera points make sense and play fine within mgs1 and 2, when you're in confined areas. it only really fell apart once they introduced the open enviroments in mgs3.

Yeah I played 1 and 2 many times back in the day, I've just been spoiled by 3 and 4.

(confession: got 3 on the day of release, never finished it until the HD collection......)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As a big fan of the NSMB games, is the new one worth it?
NSMB2 is a good game. Looks wise it's more of the same (Good thing U has fixed this problem tenfold) but the levels are really well designed. However the best element is definitely the Coin Rush mode. A really nice spin of the Mario formula and will give you an incentive to replay levels again.

Mikeside

You're right up there with Scarlett Alice Johnson and the 'c'mon son' image somebody posted when I used the term 'japseye' before I realized where it comes from

Mikeside

So who's betting on the National?

I've got a free £10 bet, which I'm trying to use, but Skybet has conveniently gone down.....

Tash convinced me to put a few quid on Tarquinius (top 5), I also put a couple on Big Fella Thanks (top 5), Saint Are (top 5) and Seabass (to win)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

not that long but there were quite a few still, it was blowing my mind. Even the mrs didn't hate it for an hour there. Kept doing flips to admire dat Raidentaint. The length of that penultimate cutscene was just ridiculous though. If you skipped it you'd miss like 3 reveals and double crosses and fights. It was fun to watch but I wonder how much more fun it would be if Kojima could figure out how to marry that stuff with gameplay more thoroughly. But still, what was there was very enjoyable. I'm downloading MGS3 right now, can't wait to start it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah I remember playing the demo years ago and really not understanding it, but I think I'll be better prepared for it now, I know these games and feel comfortable with them. Still, all the stuff I've read about the eating and camo and stuff is quite intimidating.

Thinking about putting together a LTTP thread with some thoughts when I've finished the series. There's a lot to praise but there's a lot to WTF about too.

Tash convinced me to put a few quid on Tarquinius (top 5), I also put a couple on Big Fella Thanks (top 5), Saint Are (top 5) and Seabass (to win)

I've got a few quid each on Imperial Commander, Balthazar King, and Colbert Station to win, and I'm sticking a fiver on Seabass each way. Or to win? What do?

Fuck it, £10 on Seabass to win, YOLO.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I thought so too.. The pants weren't so comfortable though, turns out the don't build ball room into them.

And thanks Mike, ensuring it remains relevant for Google!

ReRixo

Banned
Going back to uni today. Was meant to spend this easter studying and finding an internship for summer.

Did not study

Got no internship

fml

Going back to uni today. Was meant to spend this easter studying and finding an internship for summer.

Did not study

Got no internship

fml

How long have you been off? I've got another few weeks yet!
I know that feeling about not doing work though, this is the first year I've actually done any!

f0rk

I did some work the first week, but then the next two I just made a half hearted attempt at starting one of my 2 courseworks. Plan is to finish them in this last week but we'll see how that goes. Also made a resolution to spend time working in the library as soon as I'm back.

Chinner

Banned
also while u guyz r helpin tash with his middle class needs can anyone recommend any gud travel insurance who wont shit on people with ibd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom