• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
Favourite Band/Artist: KLF

Haha, are you me?

lGQSHVd.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
Donkey, you's a genius! Spent all last night at Denden town and dotonbori stuffing myself with takoyaki. That dark thick sauce they put makes it taste so good! Going back there tonight before flying back home tomorrow. Osaka is waaay cooler than Kyoto and there's hardly any English so I just pick a random direction and walk.

NinjaBoiX

Man, I'm in the northern quarter of Manchester, so fucking bohemian. We're in this pretentious bar where they are discussing the effect of anti-aliasing on wine bottles.

iKd0iqxQrdItK.gif

Shane

Man, I'm in the northern quarter of Manchester, so fucking bohemian. We're in this pretentious bar where they are discussing the effect of anti-aliasing on wine bottles.

I live a ten minute walk from there. Which bar was it? Pretentious doesn't narrow it down enough (for everyone else, Port St Beer House is an excellent pub in Manchester City Centre).

Mikeside

OK so I have a spare superpass for Eurogamer expo.
who wants it?

it'll cost the lucky winner a drink each for me, Spookie and quiche

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
iscussing the effect of anti-aliasing on wine bottles.
DId you ask anyone if they knew what "anti-aliasing" means cos in that example it sounds like they just head a fancy term and thought they could apply to anything.

"Oh darling, this wine is just awful. The edges are all pixellated and sharp. If only there was a way to smooth out the edges"

NinjaBoiX

I live a ten minute walk from there. Which bar was it? Pretentious doesn't narrow it down enough (for everyone else, Port St Beer House is an excellent pub in Manchester City Centre).
We started in this jazz club called Matt and Phred's ('cos "Fred" just wasn't phat enough I guess), I loved it, cool atmosphere, nice ales and great music. Then we went to The Castle Hotel, the bar in question. It was a nice place and all that, just the clientele where a bunch of hipster cunts. Might well check out Port St Beer House though.
i think you went wrong when you went to manchester
serious-baby-o.gif

Manchester is tops man! I'm seriously thinking of moving down here when my lease runs out next year. So much cooler than scabby Sunderland.

Bro is showing me his favourite places today, he is trying to sell me on the prospect! I don't need a great deal of persuasion to leave my cesspit of a hometown.
DId you ask anyone if they knew what "anti-aliasing" means cos in that example it sounds like they just head a fancy term and thought they could apply to anything.

"Oh darling, this wine is just awful. The edges are all pixellated and sharp. If only there was a way to smooth out the edges"
This edgy scouser was trying to wing it, but he was out of his element. I jokingly mentioned MSAA prompting bro fists from the hipsters. I felt accepted.
jaggies always ruins wine for me

Waiter, I believe this Bardolino is ever so slightly tesselated.
This is where the conversation got too weird. Why wine bottles? It was very strange.

Chinner

Banned
if you do move to manchester then you'll be only 40 mins away from me so. assuming cheezmo isn't going through your bins or you don't get stabbed.

Was chillin at the Costco next to the Trafford Centre last night and they had Krispy Kremes cheaper than the Krispy Kreme spot next to it. Fuck yeah.

Chinner

Banned
i was at the trafford centre on tuesday. what would have happened if we had both met. obviously wouldnt have it would have been weird for me to approach 'alright fella you're that donkey show fella i know because you look like krillin fella'

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

She can’t sing, she can’t dance
But who cares – she walks like Rihanna!
She can’t sing, she can’t dance
But who cares – she walks like Rihanna!

Fuck me guys, I want to hit a bar right now and put this one the duke box while i play pool. Best track every made, finally music has peaked.

Reknoc

finally gone off the deep end. preordered that zelda wii u. from zavvi which is dangerous but saved a tenner compared to game or amazon so also got mario.

on the plus side i finished breaking bad season 1 last night, can't wait to get to get home and work on season 2. also got an episode of agents of shield to watch since i hadn't realised that already started.

jimbor

Banned
I saw Cjvrches live yesterday and they were fucking great, can't wait so see them at the Kentish Town Forum in March. It's on a Friday too so I'll be able to get proper mash up.

Just showed another flatmate around. Now this one I really like, hope they fucking want it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Listening to the breaking bad sadness track, My faith in the universe has been restored.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
*insert suitably offensive comeback quote here*

Hi fellas, feels like it's been ages. This thread's been a bit dead lately innit. Missed you lot.

Oh, yeah, I guess this means I'll be attending the meet-up now. Neat!

I am genuinely excited by this.

After meeting phisheep and SmokyDave and being at all of the meets so far, I am determined to be the Britgaffer to have met the most other Gaffers.

Listening to the breaking bad sadness track, My faith in the universe has been restored.

Link?

Edit: Welcome back Jed! Hope your time away wasn't too painful and you didn't drive the missus mad

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

After meeting phisheep and SmokyDave and being at all of the meets so far, I am determined to be the Britgaffer to have met the most other Gaffers.

Link?

Edit: Welcome back Jed! Hope your time away wasn't too painful and you didn't drive the missus mad

It was horrible, and the worst thing is that now I'm back I've forgotten all the really important and unique things I had to say about GTA. boohoo

Super jell of you guys for meeting Mr and Mrs CloverCarr though. Not fair.

Super hyped for this weekend. Gonna get DRUNKD. YISSSS

Chinner

Banned

d

green scar will be able to give you all the tips when it comes to topshop and race hate.

jimbor

Banned
Well I posted it in the meet thread too, float the idea with the peeps. I fancy it though.

Screw the hipsters, we'll just point and laugh. Screw the beer too, we're going to eat boyo! Beer comes later.

Street Feast finished last weekend but it's been replaced by this one off thing for this weekend: http://britishstreetfood.co.uk/

Have to get a ticket in advance (£8) but it includes £11 worth of drinks.

NinjaBoiX

Freshers' Week in Manchester, fit students as far as the eye can see! There's a proper buzz around here at the minute, the place is a hive of activity. Lush sunshine, cool music pumping out all over the place, and scantily clad honeys everywhere you look.

Just been to Affleck Palace, the strangest little shopping arcade I've ever seen. So cool though, fly t-shirt shops, little badge stands, shops dedicated to cosplay, I could've spent hours just walking about in there.

Every bar we go in is like a little cultural melting pot too, it's like every scene has their own hang out places. I love this fucking city! I will move here at some point.

Bonus toilet pic of Temple of Convenience:

vhgjMr6.jpg

Love it.

Edit: nice to see you back Jed!

Jimbor, sounds good dude, I'll take your guidance in this matter.

S'more fucking like it. ;-)

It was a lovely evening; we had KFC. Oh, also met some super people, I wish we could have spent more time chatting. Next time fo' sho', in labour or not.

It was definitely a shame it was such a short amount of time. I don't know if you saw my post earlier, but you and Mr Carr are more than welcome to stay in my spare room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom