• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So, does nobody want to arrange it?

Sounds like you're volunteering yourself fella :p I should assume Musha would be interested, what with the ovaries and estrogen and such.

But dayum, it's still October, can't be thinking about Crimbo yet!

Also Meat and Mush, def have other dates coming up - 15/11 in Alton at some community centre(!) and 22/11 at the Facebar in Reading. Reading might work perhaps?

afoni

Banned
Sounds like you're volunteering yourself fella :p

I'd be reluctant as all fuck to even take part, let alone arrange it all. I'm bad with these things, which means I'll do one of fivbe things if I take part. Each thing is more shocking than the last, so I've spoilered them for the sake of anyone accidentally seeing them without meaning to:

1)
I will forget until the last minute and half arse a gift
2)
I will forget completely
3)
Shitty joke gift
4)
Dildo
5)
Reptile dildo

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'd be reluctant as all fuck to even take part, let alone arrange it all. I'm bad with these things, which means I'll do one of fivbe things if I take part. Each thing is more shocking than the last, so I've spoilered them for the sake of anyone accidentally seeing them without meaning to:

1)
I will forget until the last minute and half arse a gift
2)
I will forget completely
3)
Shitty joke gift
4)
Dildo
5)
Reptile dildo

ha yeah me too. I did my first ever Secret Santa last year at work, got her a jar with a fiver's worth of awesome sweets in it. She looked like I'd just handed her a jar of poop and razor blades. Fuck strangers!!

I would love a reptile dildo though. I hope I get you as my secrit santer.

afoni

Banned
ha yeah me too. I did my first ever Secret Santa last year at work, got her a jar with a fiver's worth of awesome sweets in it. She looked like I'd just handed her a jar of poop and razor blades. Fuck strangers!!

I would love a reptile dildo though. I hope I get you as my secrit santer.

That's a worst case scenario, man. Don't anticipate the reptile dildos.

You forgot 6)
box of pubes

I'd make a pipe cleaner figure of whoever I'm giving the gift to and their hair will be made of pubes.

It's genius.

I was going to arrange a Secret Santa for the Xmas meet up.

Obviously that'll be leaving out anyone who doesn't come to the meet, so we can either scrap that and just do one for everyone in the thread, or demand everyone come to the meet, or we could do both? As is 2 secret santas, one for thread one for meet?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I was going to arrange a Secret Santa for the Xmas meet up.

Obviously that'll be leaving out anyone who doesn't come to the meet, so we can either scrap that and just do one for everyone in the thread, or demand everyone come to the meet, or we could do both? As is 2 secret santas, one for thread one for meet?

I think it should be everyone in the thread (who wants to be a part of it), unrelated to meet-up

We could all have a vote innit

NinjaBoiX

what if you got ninjaboi
armpit hair
YwWkLen.gif

One vote for Threadwide Secret Santa. Two reasons:

1. No-one gets left out just because they can't make the meet

2. We don't look like a bunch of dickheads carrying presents about London on a Saturday night

8bit

Knows the Score
I got a device for squeezing the remains out of toothpaste tubes last year. My coworkers are cheap bastards.

Rubbish King

Not working today as I can't work with this cold

Watching a tv series about Dogfish Head which is a yankee beer brewery that we actually had a beer from not too long ago

I got a device for squeezing the remains out of toothpaste tubes last year. My coworkers are cheap bastards.

lol

SKINNER!

Banned
Oh the joys of office bureaucracy. Trying to get something processed since last Monday and everytime I think I'm getting somewhere I get pushed back a few squares.

"Yeeeeah, we're going through a monitoring freeze phase so you'll need to contact this person to get this thing processed"

"But I did contact that person who told me to contact this person who told me to fill in this document and then go back to that person and ask him/her to gain authorisation from that person and once it's obtained approval from this particular person then you need to get a hold of this per-"

jXLOlQ3.gif

Reknoc

Oh the joys of office bureaucracy. Trying to get something processed since last Monday and everytime I think I'm getting somewhere I get pushed back a few squares.

"Yeeeeah, we're going through a monitoring freeze phase so you'll need to contact this person to get this thing processed"

"But I did contact that person who told me to contact this person who told me to fill in this document and then go back to that person and ask him/her to gain authorisation from that person and once it's obtained approval from this particular person then you need to get a hold of this per-"

jXLOlQ3.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtEkUmYecnk

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I would do a SS with you guys/gal. I was about to join the NeoGAF one just for fun. I'd hate to make someone else ship internationally though. Either way good to think about now Jed, since this kind of thing takes a while to appoint someone to run it, get them all the details, have them assign secret santas, give them time to get the gifts, then ship the gifts, then have time for the gifts to get to the recepient.

I've only done one internet secret santa before but it was awesome. I got a celtic flask, some iron bru and haggis from an scotsman.
Not working today as I can't work with this cold

Watching a tv series about Dogfish Head which is a yankee beer brewery that we actually had a beer from not too long ago

lol
Last week when I was under with the plague I marathon'd the first two seasons of Louie. Brilliant show.

Mikeside

Ok I'll arrange it

Everyone pm me if they want in?
I was thinking £10 limit?

Would rather not do it at the meet because I don't rant to disinclude anyone

Jackeen, join in and I'll make sure whoever gets you is ok with international shipping

How do I arrange without knowing who has me?

Ok I'll arrange it

Everyone pm me if they want in?
I was thinking £10 limit?

Would rather not do it at the meet because I don't rant to disinclude anyone

Jackeen, join in and I'll make sure whoever gets you is ok with international shipping

How do I arrange without knowing who has me?

I'm in.

I don't know how you can do it without knowing who has you.

I know what Secret Santa is but I've never done it.

Would it be a names out of the hat thing?

Also, what kind of limit, £5, £10?

EDIT

Count me in Mike.

Also I'm sure there's a logical solution to not knowing who gives you a present

Mikeside

I'm in.

I don't know how you can do it without knowing who has you.

Could you please pm me so I have all the info together when I get home? don't wanna miss you out mush!!

I know what Secret Santa is but I've never done it.

Would it be a names out of the hat thing?

Also, what kind of limit, £5, £10?

Yeah it'll be randomly assigned, I reckon £10 limit but am happy to get feedback on that

Rubbish King

So a family friend took her own life, starting to feel like this just isn't my month. Sisters in hospital again and I just feel helpless, not sure if I'll stay in Portsmouth once I've done the apprenticeship, might go back home and work in Devon

SuperSah

Banned
So a family friend took her own life, starting to feel like this just isn't my month. Sisters in hospital again and I just feel helpless, not sure if I'll stay in Portsmouth once I've done the apprenticeship, might go back home and work in Devon

Wow. That's awful.

I'm really, really sorry to hear that. That must be really hard to cope with. I hope that everything is OK soon, things can only get better.

Try not to stress out too much, take it easy and my thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

SKINNER!

Banned

Sorry to hear that Tash. Thoughts go out to you and your friend's family.

Hey Tash, hope you're doing ok buddy. That's an awful thing to happen, really sorry for your loss. I'm sure your sister will be ok, she's in the best place getting the help she needs. Remember we're all here for you, whatever you need.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
October has been pretty awful for you. You'll be okay mate, when you get lemons just ask life "you wot m8" and threaten to kick its head in.

Symphonia

Banned
Fuck, sorry to hear that, man. I'm only a PM away if you want to talk, remember that.

Mike, count me in for the BritGAF Secret Santa.

afoni

Banned

That sort of shit shouldn't be something anyone has to go through. Chin up and don't let it get to you, yeah? You need to have a good outlook on shit when stuff gets like this.

Personally, I'm on edge as fuck right now. Something triggered me this morning and now I just don't want to be around anyone. I've also got it in my head that I want to punch my housemate in the face for being a complete cunt earlier on, but I doubt I'll act on that. Going back to my Dad's for the night so I can rest and get the hell away from here. Kind of worried I'm going to have some sort of mental breakdown soon and go apeshit at everyone.

edit: pretty sure one of my housemates is a nosey cunt and reads everything i post on gaf without telling me he does so FUCK YOU

Rubbish King

Thanks guys, you're all awesome and I couldn't function without you loveable bastards

I'm debating whether or not to go to the funeral right now, can't afford to lose the days pay as I've missed 12 hours of work already by calling in sick today
Personally, I'm on edge as fuck right now. Something triggered me this morning and now I just don't want to be around anyone. I've also got it in my head that I want to punch my housemate in the face for being a complete cunt earlier on, but I doubt I'll act on that. Going back to my Dad's for the night so I can rest and get the hell away from here. Kind of worried I'm going to have some sort of mental breakdown soon and go apeshit at everyone.

edit: pretty sure one of my housemates is a nosey cunt and reads everything i post on gaf without telling me he does so FUCK YOU

I know that feel, my housemate is doing my nut in right now, I don't really have anywhere to go because Paul (my family friend who lives in pompey) is away right now, next closest stop is 4 hours away to home and home isn't a nice place right now

I don't have anywhere to go accept here...on GAF, which actually doesn't suck that bad

Enjoy free meals for the night ey!

I might be in. See what my money situation is like.

Frankly, my disposable income isn't looking plentiful for the next 6 months and I'm sort of solely interested in funnelling it all towards making sure I can play Zelda. So, er, we'll see.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I might be in. See what my money situation is like.

Frankly, my disposable income isn't looking plentiful for the next 6 months and I'm sort of solely interested in funnelling it all towards making sure I can play Zelda. So, er, we'll see.
A Link Between Worlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom