• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbor

Banned
Heard that "The Mother We Share" track the other day. 'Twas quite mellow and enjoyable. Still not seeing the reason behind the hype so need to dig deeper I suppose. I imagine their shows will be good.

It's just a new album for me to get into, find it so hard to get into new stuff nowadays that I like to enjoy it when I do. Are they best band ever and will they be remembered in years to come? I doubt it but I'm enjoying them now.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This is what I find odd about you. You say all this but then most of your facebook updates are about watching X-Factor and who you want to win. Very strange.

Well yes, but X Factor is the cultural nexus of our age maaaaaan. More important than a general election.

1D are the most important band since the Beatles FACT

Happy new week everyone. Yay and things. Four day week for me though, get in!

That sucks Musha, office hypocrisy is the pits. Like at our place, the lads need to wear hi-vis vests in and around the yard yet the gaffers never do, or the health and safety lasses telling you to wear safety boots while they swan around in ballet pumps. Grrr!

But you've been wanting to leave for a while now. Maybe this is the push you need. As you say, maybe a fresh start doing something else entirely. It'll probably mean a pay cut for a while, but that's surely preferable to being miserable in your job.

I need to move on from this place, it's just a big comfy rut for me, which is no good. Just going through the motions day after day, nothing challenges me here anymore. But we get iPads next month, hmmm....

As for the back of your dress, isn't this the one?

imagew5k7c.jpg

Anyway, forget the back, you should fashion the blue hood thing she sometimes wears to go with it. Looks so boss:

imagen4jec.jpg

The problem is I'm planning on popping out a sprog soon so can't really afford to take a pay cut by changing jobs, also can't really start a new job then go "Oh yeah btw I'm preggers". I'll put up with the shit for now then plan what to do while off on maternity.

Yeah that's the dress, I think the back pieces are seperate from each other but haven't seen a clear enough pic to be sure.

Blue hood I'm guessing comes later as I've not seen it yet.

jimbor

Banned
The problem is I'm planning on popping out a sprog soon so can't really afford to take a pay cut by changing jobs, also can't really start a new job then go "Oh yeah btw I'm preggers". I'll put up with the shit for now then plan what to do while off on maternity.

Yeah that's the dress, I think the back pieces are seperate from each other but haven't seen a clear enough pic to be sure.

Depends how soon you're planning on popping that rugrat out. I think most places say you have to have been there something like six months to qualify (I could be wrong) so you'd still be entitled to full maternity pay, if they offer it. The pay cut thing is a bitch but if you wait until you've got a kid, you'll never do it.

Edit: By never, I was talking generally rather than personally ie get used to a wage with a kid, means that it'd be financially unviable to go without. Never have that wage with a kid = nothing to miss.

NinjaBoiX

(Chvrches) manages to avoid the so-cool-it's-actually-a-bit-dull pitfalls of something like Goldfrapp or Zero 7.
I'll give you Zero 7 as dull hipster yoghurt music (tips hat to Shorty) but Goldfrapp? Black Cherry is like a glam rock album put through a filthy electro filter, it's the nuts:

Goldfrapp - Train
Yep. really. I suppose this is just his gaf persona.
We all have a GAF persona. Embrace it.
Bah, accidental spoilers again Musha! My apologies. I keep forgetting what happened in what season. The scene in question is a humdinger, but that pic gives very little away luckily.

:/
Depends how soon you're planning on popping that rugrat out. I think most places say you have to have been there something like six months to qualify (I could be wrong) so you'd still be entitled to full maternity pay, if they offer it. The pay cut thing is a bitch but if you wait until you've got a kid, you'll never do it.

Edit: By never, I was talking generally rather than personally ie get used to a wage with a kid, means that it'd be financially unviable to go without. Never have that wage with a kid = nothing to miss.
There is a lot of sense in this post.

But yeah, it's got to be tricky to get the timing right and stuff. Hmm, it's a quandary indeed.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'll give you Zero 7 as dull hipster yoghurt music (tips hat to Shorty) but Goldfrapp? Black Cherry is like a glam rock album put through a filthy electro filter, it's the nuts:

Goldfrapp - Train

Goldfrapp is like trying to fuck on Ketamine, it's a slow and rhythmic but there is no orgasm.

Just finishing up the Chvrches album, it's basically a more vocal M83. Was pretty good. New Los Camps is a millions times better. Next up, new Queens album.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
'Pop the Sprog' is a good name for a band.
Sup brah?
Just been sick with a cold I can't shake, which led to me doing basically nothing for the past week and now it's caught up to me. Got deadlines for miles this week so it's going to be a bitch.

Yeah it's just the Monday blueesss.

Feeling a bit swamped with everything at the moment.
'Somebody's got a case of the-' Monday's are just a slap in the face. I'm going to try and get a lot of sleep tonight to mitigate the grump factor.
Can't recall mentioning it in the thread already but I've got this housemate who moved in recently. He's a Welsh guy, big into his IT and coding.

Anyway apparently in his free time he's been playing around with game creation software and made his own minigame this weekend which is apparently a mix of pong and asteroirds. Anyway he's asked for some creative input from me since I told him I do a bit of writing now and then. Obviously I said yes, so sometime in the near future we'll swap some ideas (of which i have several).

Pretty excited about that to be honest.
This sounds cool let us know how it goes.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah it's just the Monday blueesss.

Feeling a bit swamped with everything at the moment.
I completely understand where you're coming from. Monday in this office is depressing as fuck, Friday can't come soon enough. It's payday this week, though, so something to look forward to.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
"It's like meeting the man of my dreams,
And then meeting his beautiful wife,"

:(

I'm just assuming a man as dashing as yourself would have a fine looking lady in his life.

iwishicouldquityou.jpeg

I did... TILL YOU STOLE HER.

Wait... dashing? Upon our first meeting, DapperBandit (I think) described me as a "Circus Ringmaster". Emphasis on the "Ringmaster", I guess.

It's a black fly in your Chardonnay.

f.gif

Symphonia

Banned
I imagine it'll be the same cost as the software as that's all you're essentially buying in the grand scheme of things.
Well, as it stands, it's not for me so there won't be any cost my end. But a friend of mine thought it would be a good idea to try and install Windows 8.1 by 'acquiring' it through unconventional means. She's got it working but it keeps asking her for an activation key when she boots up.

If you buy it digitally you'll get the key by email. At least, that's what happened when I bought Windows 8 last year after the beta.
Will she need to reinstall 8.1 or would she just be able to enter the key and go from there?

8bit

Knows the Score
Well, as it stands, it's not for me so there won't be any cost my end. But a friend of mine thought it would be a good idea to try and install Windows 8.1 by 'acquiring' it through unconventional means. She's got it working but it keeps asking her for an activation key when she boots up.

Will she need to reinstall 8.1 or would she just be able to enter the key and go from there?

I don't know! If the key is legit, it should work though (Might not work if she's installed an OEM Windows 8.1 though).

--

edit

--

Actually, doesn't it try and force you into the online store if your key is missing or of dodgy provenance?

Symphonia

Banned
Actually, doesn't it try and force you into the online store if your key is missing or of dodgy provenance?
I only saw it for myself earlier but it looked like she was using it fine (access to desktop, store, etc) but it pops up with a message about needing to activate Windows before a certain date. I think she thought she could get away with it but, well, she now wants to try and activate it through legit terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom