• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

I am now heading to bed after a fairly shitty day. Kinda hard to beat the last two nights tonight and I ended up spending two hours scanning netflix for something to actually watch.

I saw this on facebook, just before going to bed so I thought I would share before disappearing.

http://youtu.be/7MuDgfX9C2w

Enjoy :)

SmokyDave

Do what anyone self respecting citizen of my neighbourhood would do...

shank you.

Honestly had no idea how to answer.
Shank me with a shiv, or shiv me with a shank?

I didn't literally mean 'what are you going to do'. I just meant 'eh, these things happen'. You wake up one morning and there's a 3DS there. Nobody knows how it got there, only that it's there and now you have to deal with it.

Battery on the XL seems pretty damned good. Possibly even better than the Vita, certainly much better than my OG 3DS.

NinjaBoiX

KD over volume of kills errytime
I'm the same as Kent, I run around like a fool, capping whatever I can. I'm like the opposite of my namesake when playing vidya games! My teammates on TLoU (particularly Jed) curse me for running near them. :/

That's why I prefer BF over CoD, running all over the map pays dividends. I'm usually pretty darn good on BF, I'm middling on CoD at best.
Kinda hard to beat the last two nights tonight and I ended up spending two hours scanning netflix for something to actually watch.
Watch Breaking Bad tomorrow! Or at 2am if you're still up.

So fucking excited!

Also, Swifty is so hot Jordan, uncommonly so. She's like this perfectly formed, sugar coated valley girl. Plus, I have it on good authority that she and her bessie Hayley definitely have girlie slumber parties with pillow fights and "experimenting" and stuff.
Listen Soturi, your poor alarm discipline robbed you of 90 minutes of Ninjtime. But you will go your ends and end up hungover won't you?

9HJkIsL.jpg

That actually worked out for me, as it's the only sleep I got!

Edit: congrats Supastah! What's the job?

SKINNER!

Banned
*Throws self onto bed*
*Switches on stereo*

Strange fruit hangin'... from the poplar trees...Blood on the Leaves

What a weekend it has been.

Symphonia

Banned
Reeeeeally wanna stay up to watch BB but my eyes are like 'No, you motherfuckin' motherfucka...do you not realise how tired we fucking are!? Its OK for you, all you fucking do is walk, run and generally be active all fucking day. Do you know what we have to do!? We sit there, in your eyesockets, doing extremely hard work like observing the world/perving on girls - do you know how fuckin' taxing that is? And now you wanna stay up until at least 4am to watch TV!? No, no way, you can fuck right off with that, you cunt!' and just urgh.

AcridMeat

Banned
Very fun game, but I've heard of reports that some of the community is getting a bit dickish.
That's unfortunate to hear, it's been a long time since I've played it. :/
well..its the way you win
If you're in a deathmatch, so long as you're above negative, volume wins out. Say in a 10 minute game Kent is getting 24 kills but dying 21 times, meanwhile someone being all sneaky like may not die as much but it means the opportunity for kills is lower, because you're being more careful not sticking your neck out and relying on reflexes more than anything.

I can't believe I took time to write that. Hey this cubano seasoned wrap is alright
My Mii is serious about everything. Everything.
Was creeped out by the mii maker from a picture. The only thing I changed was the eyebrows and placement of them, and added the cheek thing. Makes it look so depressed.

NinjaBoiX

well..its the way you win
It depends on the game Tash.

Something like TLoU, you should be as stealthy as possible. But something like Halo or BF, you should be Johnny on the spot in terms of moving around the map.

Which is why I love Halo and BF above all else when it comes to online shooters, you have enough health for running from a fight to be an option.

CoD and other twitch shooters are generally just a case of who fires first/has the best connection. It's too skewed towards instant gratification as opposed to balanced team play and clever use of the map.

I was seriously considering staying up till 2am, but fuck it, I'm still pretty tired from the weekend and I need my sleep. I'm just going to avoid the Internet from when I wake up to when I get back from work.

Symphonia

Banned
I was seriously considering staying up till 2am, but fuck it, I'm still pretty tired from the weekend and I need my sleep. I'm just going to avoid the Internet from when I wake up to when I get back from work.
My plan of action, too. Luckily, I only have to avoid it until 2:30pm.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
1339028885805519_zpsfda97e75.png

That's unfortunate to hear, it's been a long time since I've played it. :/

If you're in a deathmatch, so long as you're above negative, volume wins out. Say in a 10 minute game Kent is getting 24 kills but dying 21 times, meanwhile someone being all sneaky like may not die as much but it means the opportunity for kills is lower, because you're being more careful not sticking your neck out and relying on reflexes more than anything.

I can't believe I took time to write that. Hey this cubano seasoned wrap is alright

Was creeped out by the mii maker from a picture. The only thing I changed was the eyebrows and placement of them, and added the cheek thing. Makes it look so depressed.

It depends on the game Tash.

Something like TLoU, you should be as stealthy as possible. But something like Halo or BF, you should be Johnny on the spot in terms of moving around the map.

Which is why I love Halo and BF above all else when it comes to online shooters, you have enough health for running from a fight to be an option.

CoD and other twitch shooters are generally just a case of who fires first/has the best connection. It's too skewed towards instant gratification as opposed to balanced team play and clever use of the map.

It's just simple maths, it's more effective to get a better K/D as you may be doing the team well getting 30 kills, but if you die 30 times you are a dead weight to the team as by giving the other team 30 kills it means if you weren't playing, both teams would still have the same score gap

NinjaBoiX

Tash, you make a good point. But like I've said before, give me a run button, you best believe I'm going to press it!

There is no way I'm stopping up for BB tonight, I'm going to finish up this chapter of I Kill Giants, then I'm hitting the sack.

It's good Musha! I like the dialogue, it's sassy and shit. I love the sketchy art too. I'm intrigued definitely.

AcridMeat

Banned
It's just simple maths, it's more effective to get a better K/D as you may be doing the team well getting 30 kills, but if you die 30 times you are a dead weight to the team as by giving the other team 30 kills it means if you weren't playing, both teams would still have the same score gap
Yeah and going 30-29 is way better for your team than going 12-6, was my point.

Rubbish King

that's fairymuff, I'm not criticising play styles, I'm just saying that K/D is more important than overall kills when assessing your skill level/playing to win

Rubbish King

Yeah and going 30-29 is way better for your team than going 12-6, was my point.

naw it's not, let's say it's call of duty

10xp per kill
Dude A gets 12k-8d

Overall score Team Tash 120xp vs Team wrawng 80xp

a modest amount of kills, without causing the enemy to gain too much ground

Dude B get's 30k-29d that set's the score at

Team Tash 420xp vs Team Wrawng 370xp

So mr maverick with many kills and deaths has only increased the lead by one kill, which if we're all honest, aint that great. However, let's say the game ends at 450 points, not only is it too close to call, thanks to Dude B it's now anyones game as if you are running, getting a kill and then dying, chances are your playstyle is pretty erratic, meaning unless more people like Dude A pick up the slack, Dude B is going to lose the game for them

I think I'm too tired to explain things now

Fact is, if everyone is sneaky and such, the actual tactics used and stuff win you the game, not sheer dumb luck

jimbor

Banned
Just back from Alpha Papa and it was actually not shite and reasonably funny. That was unexpected despite Mike telling me it was good.

AcridMeat

Banned
Tash you're right that the ratio is better and if everyone plays that way obviously they'll win.

But I think we're arguing two different things. You're talking team deathmatch and I was talking deathmatch, like Kent was playing. In which case, it's about reaching a number first, over efficiency. Well different type of efficiency, time instead of kills/death

Rubbish King

Tash you're right that the ratio is better and if everyone plays that way obviously they'll win.

But I think we're arguing two different things. You're talking team deathmatch and I was talking deathmatch, like Kent was playing. In which case, it's about reaching a number first, over efficiency. Well different type of efficiency, time instead of kills/death

To a certain degree that's true, however it still puts it down to luck, if you give kills away theres a chance somebody may catch up to you and beat you, it still puts it more down to chance, i guess in a deathmatch scenario however, there is a happy medium

Jordan

Right, so I have been in bed and thought I would quickly read this before going to bed. Yes if you're playing death match and as long as you're top it doesn't matter how many times you die. You could be 29/40 as long as you have most kills. However that doesn't show that you're good at the game, just means you've best 29 people to the shot. I hate free for all, it seems the most pointless game that there is to play ever, there's ok tactics and there's no thought, it's run in and hope you have te better connection, computer and gun. Team death match as Tash said is done by kd ratio.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
To a certain degree that's true, however it still puts it down to luck, if you give kills away theres a chance somebody may catch up to you and beat you

Then you crush the opponent. If anything giving them kills makes it a more tense and challenging match. The worse thing that can happen in deathmatch is being away from the action. Your not gonna get much kills being all sam fisher at the edge of the map.

Right, so I have been in bed and thought I would quickly read this before going to bed. Yes if you're playing death match and as long as you're top it doesn't matter how many times you die. You could be 29/40 as long as you have most kills. However that doesn't show that you're good at the game, just means you've best 29 people to the shot. I hate free for all, it seems the most pointless game that there is to play ever, there's ok tactics and there's no thought, it's run in and hope you have te better connection, computer and gun. Team death match as Tash said is done by kd ratio.

Free for all is the best because its pure skilled based, You don't have a team to carry you when your slacking, Terrible gamers will avoid free for all modes and join team based games hoping some pro is in the team to guide them to Olympus.

Mikeside

Just back from Alpha Papa and it was actually not shite and reasonably funny. That was unexpected despite Mike telling me it was good.

There's no fog!
THERE'S NO FOG!

So many posts I want to reply to in the last 2 pages, but all I will say is that this has been a fantastic weekend of drinking, GAF meeting, crawling back home (I was so hungover that I had to get off the bus and walk as I couldn't handle the bumps, the sway of the bus & judgemental stares of those around me as I retched), more drinking as soon as I got back to my home town, sleeping on a sofa next to a very loud puppy in it's cage, BBQing with good friends and card games with a slightly crippled friend (still recovering from the bike accident)

Tonight, I sleep and dream of sobriety.

Edit: Also, I've got a serious boner for CHVRCHES. Should I be ashamed of this? She's fucking hot and they make music I want to drink excessive Jagerbombs and dance to.

Edit Edit: Anyone fancy this?
CHVRCHES show said:
17 OCT: Shepherds Bush Empire, London, United Kingdom

faridmon

Drink away the pain with J20 or similar!

Sucks you can't be around, man.
Are you likely to be in London for a future meet? Or maybe the Northern meet that Ninja is planning?

Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, I am planing to visit London as much as I can (my former flat mates are awesome and said that I could come anytime I want), In fact I will be there tomorrow.

Northern one is a bit too northern, never been up north so I am not sure.

faridmon

There's no fog!
THERE'S NO FOG!

So many posts I want to reply to in the last 2 pages, but all I will say is that this has been a fantastic weekend of drinking, GAF meeting, crawling back home (I was so hungover that I had to get off the bus and walk as I couldn't handle the bumps, the sway of the bus & judgemental stares of those around me as I retched), more drinking as soon as I got back to my home town, sleeping on a sofa next to a very loud puppy in it's cage, BBQing with good friends and card games with a slightly crippled friend (still recovering from the bike accident)

Edit: Also, I've got a serious boner for CHVRCHES. Should I be ashamed of this? She's fucking hot and they make music I want to drink excessive Jagerbombs and dance to.

I am up to it. There is Jagwar Ma gig around that time so two bands in one visit.

I personally think CHVRCHES are a bit overrated but whatever

jimbor

Banned
There's no fog!
THERE'S NO FOG!

I turned down the opportunity to see them for free with my hot neighbour a while back as I was incredibly hungover. Regretted it ever since :(

I'd be up for the SBE gig but it's only seated left and after our discussion the other day, don't think that's you.

AcridMeat

Banned
All of this talk about shooters really makes me miss playing Bad Company 2 on PC.
CtmQjoC.jpg

I was such a dickhead in that game. That Gustav accuracy/kills. :D

afoni

Banned
Caught up with Breaking Bad. I feel sorry for everyone who had to wait for this second half of S5, because holy shit that cocktease ending to the first half of it was too much.

Hyped.

afoni

Banned
All of you should watch the CoD: Ghosts MP reveal on the 14th. I have it on good authority that it's going to be good.

Rubbish King

Why would you buy battlefield on a console

because many of the features (such as 64 player online) are actually being transferred over to console now, also more of my friends will have console+I'm not sure when I will be upgrading my pc for nexggennnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom