• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Caught up with Breaking Bad. I feel sorry for everyone who had to wait for this second half of S5, because holy shit that cocktease ending to the first half of it was too much.

Hyped.

I've been getting excited for a couple of weeks just thinking about it
HANK KNOWS!!

!!!!

EDIT: in other TV news, just finished season 3 of Boardwalk Empire and hot fucking damn that is an amazing show. Does not get the deserved amount of love.

afoni

Banned
pretty sure its going to be utter wank

Thomas Muriel Tashbrooke, for once in my life I am asking you to do something important and that is to trust me.

I have it on good authority that it's going to be very interesting.

I've been getting excited for a couple of weeks just thinking about it
HANK KNOWS!!

!!!!

EDIT: in other TV news, just finished season 3 of Boardwalk Empire and hot fucking damn that is an amazing show. Does not get the deserved amount of love.

I'm just glad I caught up before everyone else had already seen S5E9. I can experience it at the same time as everyone else, woo!

Also, Boardwalk Empire is really good. I've watched some of the first season with my old man and it was pretty great.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
is it though? it will most probably run better on the ps4 unless i upgrade my pc.. and I'll have more people to play with

That's a good point, I'm an indie gamer though so my opinion on blockbuster games is worthless. Mega hyped for GTA though, Damn.

f0rk

Because most people don't have a PC that can run BF3?

I wouldn't bother with it at all then, never wanted to play on 32 player maps.
It's why console people are always talking about how Bad Company 2 is the best one.

Also if you can play BF3 you can run BF4. It's a launch game I don't think it's going to be that insane.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
That's a good point, I'm an indie gamer though so my opinion on blockbuster games is worthless. Mega hyped for GTA though, Damn.

One day we shall meet and it will be an awesome day where i will explain to you the actual meaning of the term "indie"

Mikeside

I turned down the opportunity to see them for free with my hot neighbour a while back as I was incredibly hungover. Regretted it ever since :(

I'd be up for the SBE gig but it's only seated left and after our discussion the other day, don't think that's you.

Ah fuck, I hadn't noticed that.
I'll probably look for some ebay standing tickets nearer the time.

In other news, a friend bought me Payday 2 today. It's fantastic, I can't wait to play it with some britgaffers

SmokyDave

An hours drive around London and not a single Streetpass even at the Relay points.

Hm.
I turned mine on and activated Streetpass as soon as I bought it. Spent the next few hours wandering around the city centre including several games shops and some very crowded places. I got one Streetpass. It was the same with my last 3DS, even at Gamecity events I'd get one or two at best. I don't know who is buying the 3DS but they sure as shit ain't carrying them 'round Nottingham.

Edit: Why the fuck am I awake at this time?!

SuperSah

Banned
I turned mine on and activated Streetpass as soon as I bought it. Spent the next few hours wandering around the city centre including several games shops and some very crowded places. I got one Streetpass. It was the same with my last 3DS, even at Gamecity events I'd get one or two at best. I don't know who is buying the 3DS but they sure as shit ain't carrying them 'round Nottingham.

It's been well over a year and i've only ever gotten one single streetpass. It's a bit ridiculous people aren't using the system to it's full potential, especially in the capital city London.

AcridMeat

Banned
that didnt stop it being awesome

ahhhhh i cant wait for bf4....not sure whether ps4 or pc...
Lots of fun had then...

I was pretty excited for BF3, and I ended up barely playing it. Will probably skip 4.

I've not gotten none, granted I haven't taken it anywhere besides walking around my neighborhood when I first wanted to get steps. Can't wait for PAX though, all of those beautiful puzzle pieces.

I haven't tried any yet, but I can't imagine them looking very good (based on the fact that 3DS games suffer from the crazy low PPI). I guess you could run 'em in 1:1 mode and probably approximate an original DS screen pretty well.

It is a nice unit though. Feels good in the hand, though the lid is a little flappy. Pretty sure I prefer it to my old OG model.

Hmm, in which case I'll keep hold of my DSi, as I'd only get peanuts for it anyway. Outside of emulation the best way to play a title is on its original hardware.

afoni

Banned
It's been well over a year and i've only ever gotten one single streetpass. It's a bit ridiculous people aren't using the system to it's full potential, especially in the capital city London.

not everyone travels with a portable game console

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Cheers for the IT chat, folks. Appreciate listening to you guys who have been through a lot regarding training and the field. It's exactly what you've posted that I was mostly interested in: wisdom and impressions, stuff you only get from experience.
What does this even mean?

shut up
It doesn't pertain to you, why question it? I asked for some information and the involved parties (Mike, Jordan and Vereataes) responded. Also no idea why you've told me to shut up, considering I was referring to Kentpaul riling people up wih his game chat. No insults intended.

Chill out, kid.

Reknoc

chances are they probably don't even know about it. It should probably be on by default.

I can usually get around 5 going to and from work, though maybe it helps that I go past the Uni.

Kentpaul

Gave up smoking everything. Feels good waking up to a fresh breath instead of a slight burning and wheezing.

Morning chums, how are we all?

Great, ordered some 5-MeO-DALT to make a few shoots for my Eminem gig, I'l beta test the drug in my home first of course. I'm pretty excited about this one,

5-MeO-DALT is a psychedelic of the tryptamine familly. It was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin.[1] It is the n,n-diallyl analogue of DMT.
Alexander Shulgin is the guy who reintroduced MDMA.

Kentpaul

Who are you and what have you done with Kentpaul?

My health comes before everything mate, Yesterday i got up wheezing because of joints/rollies. I take this is a sign i need to stop, Unlike the rest of the public who would put up with the wheezing and end up in an early grave, I'm using common sense.

SmokyDave

Monday Morning. Inspiration for great tracks from Pulp and Rialto, but ultimately the crappiest time of the week.

No and if any spoilers are posted I'll cry, waiting for the Blu-Ray release.
In with ya. I hate this period, where every thread title or Internet article is a potential minefield.

Kentpaul

Monday Morning. Inspiration for great tracks from Pulp and Rialto, but ultimately the crappiest time of the week.

In with ya. I hate this period, where every thread title or Internet article is a potential minefield.

What can be more exciting than the start of a brand new week ?

I'm with ya. I hate this period, where every thread title or Internet article is a potential minefield.

Yup, I've even unliked all TV shows on Facebook to avoid being spoiled. Modern Family posted a pretty huge spoiler and since then I've learnt my lesson, not everyone can watch the American shows when they air, especially Brits like me who'd rather be legal and support the show by buying it.

Kentpaul

Yup, I've even unliked all TV shows on Facebook to avoid being spoiled. Modern Family posted a pretty huge spoiler and since then I've learnt my lesson, not everyone can watch the American shows when they air, especially Brits like me who'd rather be legal and support the show by buying it.

"WATCH A PREVIEW OF NEXT WEEKS BREAKING BAD"

"BIG ASS PHOTO FROM SAID EPISODE."

Had to remove the cunts from facebook.

afoni

Banned
Americans who tweet as they watch are the worst. You get every little detail and you're forced to just stay off of Twitter for a few hours unless you fancy spoilers.

I enjoyed reading this though.

Ken Levine ‏@IGLevine 5h
If you think I'm reading any tweets till after I catch up with Walt and Jesse tonight, then you're smoking the clear blue stuff.

NinjaBoiX

Morning dudes and dudette, hope everyone's feeling as good as can be expected this Monday morning.

I slept fairly well, and the weather is pretty sweet up here, so it's a fairly good start to the week.

Plus, new Breaking Bad tonight!
Here we go, first day on the job at my father's cafe. Let's see how appalling I am at this. :lol
good luck dude! You'll be fine, pops will help you out I'm sure.
Gave up smoking everything. Feels good waking up to a fresh breath instead of a slight burning and wheezing.
Really? How long? I'm still a bit annoyed with myself that I got high last night after a week off it. What a tool.
I'm feeling odd. Happy yet not. Sad but not. Blargh.
"I'm broke but I'm happy,
I'm poor but I'm kind,
I'm short but I'm healthy yeah,
I'm high but I'm grounded,
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed,
I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby,"

Musha, what it all comes down to, is that everything is gonna be fine, fine, fine.

:D
The start of a brand new weekend.
Urgh, so far away right now!

A bit off topic and it also may be a bit early for this but did anybody see what Eddie Shah said over the weekend about some girls being complicit in underage sex?

Now I am not excusing rape, it is abhorrent and rapists deserve to be slung in prison but should an adult shoulder all responsibility if said girl told the adult that she's older then the age of consent and she looks and acts older than the age of consent too? It's a difficult question but I have no doubt that some girls have done the above and the adult is none the wiser.

Mikeside

A bit off topic and it also may be a bit early for this but did anybody see what Eddie Shah said over the weekend about some girls being complicit in underage sex?

Now I am not excusing rape, it is abhorrent and rapists deserve to be slung in prison but should an adult shoulder all responsibility if said girl told the adult that she's older then the age of consent and she looks and acts older than the age of consent too? It's a difficult question but I have no doubt that some girls have done the above and the adult is none the wiser.

If a girl lies to tell you she's of legal age & you believe her?
Yeah, there's not much you can do about that other than having your wits about you & using some common sense.

I guess IDing her would probably kill the mood.

If a girl lies to tell you she's of legal age & you believe her?
Yeah, there's not much you can do about that other than having your wits about you & using some common sense.

I guess IDing her would probably kill the mood.

I should add that the aforementioned circumstances take place on a night out etc, not an adult deliberately seeking underage sex.

I know that there's not much you can do about it but if the authorities find out then they may treat it as underage sex and the adult risks going to jail, losing their job and marriage etc. All because the girl lied about her age and for all intents and purposes her appearance supported her lies.

"I'm broke but I'm happy,
I'm poor but I'm kind,
I'm short but I'm healthy yeah,
I'm high but I'm grounded,
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed,
I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby,"

Musha, what it all comes down to, is that everything is gonna be fine, fine, fine.

:D

Aww, you always know what to say. I know everything will be fine, my head's just a little all over the place at the mo.

afoni

Banned
I usually have controversial opinions on these kinds of topics. (read as: the people I end up discussing them with are stubborn as fuck and keep shouting "under 16 is unnatural" despite the fact that under 16 is cultural morals and not fucking natural order)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe#Spain

Spain though. Spain has an interesting spin on things.

Edit: NETFLIX UK USERS, BREAKING BAD IS UP. GOODBYE FOREVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom