• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
What is this Guncraft? I've heard a load of people talking about it. You make guns I guess?

Tash, that post was wholly insufficient given the subject matter. Please elaborate.

Its like a minecraft arena shooter where you can make your own guns, build during the match. It's the best fps i have played in a while, I'm a big fan of indie games mind you, If you only like big budget AAAAA games then avoid guncraft.

Guncraft is for real gamers.

What is this Guncraft? I've heard a load of people talking about it. You make guns I guess?

Strikes me as Minecraft with guns. Could be okay I suppose.

Nice choices on the comics, I Kill Giants is a delight. The Boys is good too, though it drops a bit in quality when the regular artist leaves.

NinjaBoiX

Its like a minecraft arena shooter where you can make your own guns, build during the match. It's the best fps i have played in a while, I'm a big fan of indie games mind you, If you only like big budget AAAAA games then avoid guncraft.

Guncraft is for real gamers.
Sounds good mate, but I'm not on PC. :/
Strikes me as Minecraft with guns. Could be okay I suppose.

Nice choices on the comics, I Kill Giants is a delight. The Boys is good too, though it drops a bit in quality when the regular artist leaves.
I found Preacher dropped off a bit after book 5 too. Maybe Ennis struggles to tie up his stories. But the art was consistently gorgeous in those books.

Listen to me, like a have a fucking clue about comics! I'll start reading IKG tonight, it looks really cool.

Good upgrade Dave. The XL is wicked, and makes the OG look like a Christmas cracker toy.

jimbor

Banned
Feeling much better after watching Billy Ocean at a free local festival.

Dude still got it.

Morning chums.

Sitting on the train heading home after another great London excursion. Fun night out on Friday (pointless, sobering hour long walk aside), meet some cool new peeps (Evi, Seanspeed, Eggybob and Screaming Meat are my kind of people) and did some dad dancing with the lads in a scummy rock club, what more could you want?

Then had a right laugh watching Billy Ocean at the open air concert yesterday with Musha, jimbor and his mental pals (Fumi is crazy!), then an Indian and a flick last night.

Poific.

Borrowed some graphic novels from Musha too, I think it's about time I got into this stuff. I might start one right now actually.

Billy Ocean was great fun, he looked fucking great for 63 and was effortlessly cool. I can't believe how much more we drank when we went to Leytonstone after. The pub was open until 2am, feeling it today. Funmi is fucking crazy but so much fun, I miss not working with her anymore.

SmokyDave

Good upgrade Dave. The XL is wicked, and makes the OG look like a Christmas cracker toy.
Yeah, I'm loving the weight of the unit. First impression is that the 3D effect is slightly more pronounced, but the sweet spot is smaller. I got the blue one (because they didn't have the black) and I'm quite digging the colour. Definitely glad I swapped it.

Picked up Luigi's Mansion 2 because I loved the original. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

NinjaBoiX

Picked up Luigi's Mansion 2 because I loved the original. Looking forward to getting stuck in.
Haha, good choice! It's like a little constantly evolving diorama in your hands. Love it. Definitely the most technically impressive 3DS game I've played, but not the best. (OoT3D man, glorious!)

Kent, I just had a spliff, first time in a week. I'm experiencing an unnerving mixture of shame and tranquillity. 'Tis a curious beast my Scottish chum, I'm still having that internal conflict deciding whether or not to just knock it on the head entirely.

(I love the irony of quoting Mr Dave, who is guiding me along the path to the light side with regards to this particular quandary, while simultaneously addressing Kent, the little spliff smoking devil on my shoulder.)

SuperSah

Banned
Utterly dislike the 3DS XL. Man, it feels as if they cheaped out on it so much, the speakers are worse and the overall design is ugly.

I'm happy with my white OG one. Smaller screen doesn't really bother me as long as I can enjoy the games.

Kentpaul

Nothing worse than my girlfriend dropping my beers at the front door, Making my cans all fizzy and smashing a ginger grouse. Fucking chaos today in scotland.

SmokyDave

Utterly dislike the 3DS XL. Man, it feels as if they cheaped out on it so much, the speakers are worse and the overall design is ugly.

I'm happy with my white OG one. Smaller screen doesn't really bother me as long as I can enjoy the games.
I'm torn. I prefer the look of the OG, but the XL is made from much better materials and has a nice heft to it (probably from the bigger battery). I like the size of the XL screen, but the PPI is physically painful after looking at my iPhone or Vita. The speakers are ridiculously quiet, for sure.

Overall I prefer the XL simply because I'll be able to play it for more than ten minutes without feeling like I've contracted arthritis.

Switching rapidly between Nintendo systems is a reminder of just how fucking far behind the curve they are though. I should be signing in with an email address and password and then watching as my games, play history and Mii are all recovered, but nope. Every time starting from scratch. I probably could've done a system transfer in store but I treat Nintendo stuff as disposable so I formatted my old one to make the swapping process quicker.

Good choice. It's a wonderful little game. Got charm flowing out of its butt.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing it. Just need to get used to these jaggytastic screens first :(

Mark1

Alas, I'll join this thread like I did with the last one. Only I'll post more since I won't be late to the party this time. :p

Birthday is September 6th btw.

Kentpaul

581780_418809144907046_2015258118_n.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Lulz Kent.

Alas, I'll join this thread like I did with the last one. Only I'll post more since I won't be late to the party this time. :p

Birthday is September 6th btw.
I'll update the OP dude.

Everyone who's posted theirs recently might want to check that the OP is up to date. I haven't been looking at the thread much the last few days. Shoot me a PM and I'll stick it on there.

Kentpaul

Lulz Kent.

I'll update the OP dude.

Everyone who's posted theirs recently might want to check that the OP is up to date. I haven't been looking at the thread much the last few days. Shoot me a PM and I'll stick it on there.

I don't read the OP to megathreads. Latest page or bust yo

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Have you ever dreamt about GAF? I'm currently in a dream right now where Dave is buying and playing 3DS games…

SuperSah

Banned
Nice, I'm a big fan of the 3D effect. Will check it out once I've finished registering everything.

Whilst you're at it, try Fire Emblem too. The 3D on that is beyond amazing. The snow particles and the birds flying off the screen is simply terrific.

Also, you should buy Animal Crossing.

SuperSah

Banned
It's hard to take the 3ds seriously when your used to gaming on the S3. What is with Nintendo and shite kiddy graphics ?

It's a very capable console. Have you seen RE:R? It looks really good, like really good but developers aren't pushing it too much and the low-res screen doesn't help at all.

Kentpaul

It's a very capable console. Have you seen RE:R? It looks really good, like really good but developers aren't pushing it too much and the low-res screen doesn't help at all.

I know games on my S3 looks so much better than games on the 3d's. You can't compare a 350 quid phone to a 95 quid nintendo device.. High end phone vs A console you would get from a marks and Spencer Christmas cracker.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1391842234375236

SuperSah

Banned
I know games on my S3 looks so much better than games on the 3d's. You can't compare a 350 quid phone to a 95 quid nintendo device.. High end phone vs A console you would get from a marks and Spencer Christmas cracker.

I've never seen a £95 3DS in a Marks & Spencers cracker. =P

I can't vouch for a S3, never gamed on that thing.

Symphonia

Banned
I had an OG 3DS but sold it on eBay as, apart from Zelda, I never really played it. I'm really tempted to get an XL for X/Y, though, and the new Zelda game. Luigi's Mansion 2 looks fun, too.

SmokyDave

Have you ever dreamt about GAF? I'm currently in a dream right now where Dave is buying and playing 3DS games…
Eh, what are you gonna do. I do enjoy the odd Nintendo game. Oddly enough, it was losing my old 3DS that made me really want to get a new one and catch up on some of the stuff I'd missed.

To make up for it I finally sold the Wii U. I was getting sick of seeing it sitting under the TV, unplugged. Bayo 2 was the only reason I kept it around and I'll be immersed in next gen stuff by then. Grabbed a couple of 3DS games with the proceeds and treated the missus to lunch.

Whilst you're at it, try Fire Emblem too. The 3D on that is beyond amazing. The snow particles and the birds flying off the screen is simply terrific.

Also, you should buy Animal Crossing.
FE is on my list but I'm drowning in strategy games at the moment. Between XCom, Frozen Synapse, Breach & Clear and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, I have my tactical needs covered. I'll definitely grab it down the line though.

As for AC, I'm hoping to blag a referral code from Mike. It isn't really my thing, but Mrs S definitely enjoys it on the DS.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I remember my first time. I actually accidentally discovered it.
lol, what was it like?
Will you be buying GUNCRAFT when you get in bro ?

Tashbrooke is the new brit gaf mafia boss.
Fetch me my fedora
Too tired, will save it for the next time we meet xox

Tash, that post was wholly insufficient given the subject matter. Please elaborate.
Sorry, i was interrupted by my colleague messaging me saying my boss had just text him this

My boss was pretty fucking angry said:
Tom and Charlie I need to see both of you with an explanation of why I have just has to explain to a local of the *Pub* why you were both organise shouting at a stupid time this morning ?! If you want to continue working for me or living in one of my pubs you need to get to me ASAP with an explanation and grow up and take the responsibility you have been given seriously !

Naturally I shit my fucking pants; on the way home from the strip club I had walked along Albert Road to get home (it's a long road with some of the best pubs+clubs in Southsea) on that road is a pub which Charlie works in (I work in the other two my boss owns) and after finishing a load of chips i had to crash on the bench outside said pub.

Now I was seriously hammered and there wasn't really anything wrong with the area as it was well lit and the bench was comfy... so for about 20 minutes I slept (drunk time, so a few hours really) Only to be woken by the sound of one of my friends girlish laughs, so I got up and turned around to see my two friends who I had lost previously and so we were pretty fucking happy to be reunited.

We sat on the bench outside the pub for 5-10 minutes talking fairly loudly and we got a bit excitable, there was some shouting and a few jokes exchanged but we moved on slowly down the road just being fairly annoying and loud having wrestling matches and chats about the strippers (around 4ish)

Get in around 5am and die, wake up around 12 and I get that message

go in with my partner in crime and we get a bollocking, you'd think we'd done nothing wrong! Not in uniform, off the clock and we caused a nuisance down the street so whatever!

WRONG

A local who lives across the street recognised charlie, called the police to complain and my boss got told about, now as you may or may not know: A pub is responsible for all noise created on the premises/forecourt regardless of whether it is open or not at the time, so me and charlie went in thinking we were all fine and fucking dandy only to have a bomb dropped on us that licensing are angry and are going to have to sit down with my boss after having 2 incidents in two days. Although it's probably fine, he could potentially lose the pub as the tenancys on a probationary period (he hasn't owned it for long)

I've fucked up at work before but holy fuckballs that sucked, in the end we explained the situation and he got that we were truly sorry but MAAAAYN that fucking SUCKED, i hate letting down my boss as he's a proper role model for me

But yeah, just needed to get that off my chest

TL;DR Got hammered and on the way home we stopped outside my boss' pub, made loads of noise and got bollocked for it the following morning before work.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Cheers for the IT chat, folks. Appreciate listening to you guys who have been through a lot regarding training and the field. It's exactly what you've posted that I was mostly interested in: wisdom and impressions, stuff you only get from experience.

Kentpaul

you're playing minecraft

Guncraft yo, I'm a big indie game fan. True gaming for life, enjoy your aaa blockbuster trash. I'l enjoy real games.

2013_08_10_00010.jpg

Not only do i enjoy the game, I fucking own at the game.

Rubbish King

CHEEZMO™;75840911 said:
I bet the stripper was middle-aged and Tash paid 50 quid to eat her out and he now has a "shaving rash"

nah wasn't for me mate, In classic tashbrooke fashion I got uncontrollably drunk and talked to a stripper about her plans for later life, shook all their hands and when a bouncer was talking to me outside and was befuddled to why I wasn't enjoying it I said I was gay just to make the fucker shut up, then he started asking me why I was gay and when it happened and I don't even-

Jordan

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-new-vegas

84 on metacritic is not AAA. Plus my game is so modded its pretty much an indie game now.

Tashbrooke if your boss loses the pub then you won't be fired but redundant so that's WIN/WIN on your CV.

First gears of war was AAA and that only got 87. The rating isn't what makes a game be a AAA blockbuster.

Skyrim can be modded beyond belief but in no way with all mods would that be classed as indie.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Boys and girls, I know it goes against general nerd/geek culture, but when someone says something fundamentally wrong you don't really have to point it out. Chances are they might even be trolling! lol

This has been a britGaf PSA.

Symphonia

Banned
What was it like?
I don't remember much of it. It was a night out with a few of the lads. All I recall is going in this random bar in town I'd never been in before and being quite confused when two girls walked up to my mate and I and started talking to us. Before I knew it, I was being led off by one of the girls into a booth, she started getting naked...and that's all I remember.

Well, that and I remember not having to pay for it. My mate did, however. It's not something I'd do again. Having a girl grind her ass and tits in your face without being able to touch or anything is just pointless.

Rubbish King

Cheers for the IT chat, folks. Appreciate listening to you guys who have been through a lot regarding training and the field. It's exactly what you've posted that I was mostly interested in: wisdom and impressions, stuff you only get from experience.
what does this mean

Boys and girls, I know it goes against general nerd/geek culture, but when someone says something fundamentally wrong you don't really have to point it out. Chances are they might even be trolling! lol

This has been a britGaf PSA.

shut up

AcridMeat

Banned
SmokyDave I've been enjoying my 3DS XL as well. My first handheld since the gameboy color, and I haven't ever had a Nintendo home console, so I've been playing a lot of mario kart 7 on it. If you've got it I'll run my shyguy train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom