• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

My store bought pizza of choice:

089660.jpg

Can't get enough of these bad boys. Two for £6 at Sainsbury's.

SmokyDave

Really? I never liked these things. The stuff crust sucks man.
I'd prefer cheese, but you gotta make do. There's just something about those pizzas that I really like, not sure if it's the sauce or something.

Oo

I mean I could I guess, but my Wild Mushroom Risotto would be a struggle, I think the Porcini mushrooms alone cost that.
Then you need a nice bottle of red, that's going to set you back a bit.

SuperSah

Banned
I'd prefer cheese, but you gotta make do. There's just something about those pizzas that I really like, not sure if it's the sauce or something.

Then you need a nice bottle of red, that's going to set you back a bit.

It's probably the fact that any sauce inside the crust tends to evaporate during cooking and leaves a hollow shell with odd splats of sauce remaining behind it. The size of the pizza is great though, so no complaining there. I just wish they put more sauce into their crusts.

SmokyDave

It's probably the fact that any sauce inside the crust tends to evaporate during cooking and leaves a hollow shell with odd splats of sauce remaining behind it. The size of the pizza is great though, so no complaining there. I just wish they put more sauce into their crusts.
Mine come out OK. Gas mark 6, preheat for 10 mins, middle shelf, 12 mins, rotate, 15 more mins. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

(That's about as advanced as my cooking gets to be honest).
I like the sticker that claims it beats Pizza Hut. A turd on a plate beats Pizza Hut.
Gotta love the cheesy bites crusts though.

My favourite takeaway pizza is a Domino's double decadence with pepperoni passion topping. Only problem is my local Domino's only seem to infuse the base with sauce one in ten times, and that's my favourite bit. I tried to call them to ask nicely if they'd put more sauce in the base, only to discover nobody there speaks English. Seriously. Not one employee. Mind boggling.

Jordan

In terms of takeaways my (not-so) local Indian is just fantastic. I am so glad I took my ex there one day - I will always order food from there now.

NinjaBoiX

Got in from work, all excited for BB, turned on the relevant boxes, started falling asleep before I even booted Netflix.

I still need some more sleep, I need to absorb the awesomeness at full capacity! Power nap for an hour, then my body is ready.

aww yiss

SuperSah

Banned
Mine come out OK. Gas mark 6, preheat for 10 mins, middle shelf, 12 mins, rotate, 15 more mins. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

(That's about as advanced as my cooking gets to be honest).

Gotta love the cheesy bites crusts though.

My favourite takeaway pizza is a Domino's double decadence with pepperoni passion topping. Only problem is my local Domino's only seem to infuse the base with sauce one in ten times, and that's my favourite bit. I tried to call them to ask nicely if they'd put more sauce in the base, only to discover nobody there speaks English. Seriously. Not one employee. Mind boggling.

Nah, has to be 180* with a fan on and let it cook. Probably why it sucks so much.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
No T-Shirts are fine. I am talking about jeans. Yeah, I am not a big fan of baggy T-shirts either.
Form-fitting or bust.
Don't call me a kid, I'm fairly certain there isn't a large age gap between us.
It's not about age, it's about maturity. I don't aim to critique you at all and strangely enough I don't remember ever calling you out...

But when you randomly decide to pick apart my post, it seems appropriate to respond, and so I shall.

Don't take things so seriously! It's not even about real maturity as I admit I honestly don't know anything about you in reality except how you present yourself online. So I don't think it's a personal insult to observe that to me, you present yourself to be pretty ignorant and immature with your online persona.

Kent does troll and I didn't point this out to offend, even though some of his gaming opinions if genuine are pretty silly:

"a game isn't a triple AAA game if it scores below a certain % on metacritic"

"nintendo games 4 babbys lol"

If those are his genuine opinions he's free to express them. He'll find a lot of supporters on gaming side for sure. But he doesn't need you to white knight for him. Kent's a big boy.
My store bought pizza of choice:

Can't get enough of these bad boys. Two for £6 at Sainsbury's.
Even I tried these before, they're as delicious as they are unhealthy. Which is to say I clung to them desperately during my time there.

SuperSah

Banned
First day at work over.

Needless to say my dad screwed it over as soon as possible. I ended being a skivey for everyone.

So not worth it man.

Switched to using Chrome for a while, due to the unbelievably crap Flash problems Firefox has been having lately, and shit, that thing is like a whole other planet to me. For whatever reason I'm so much more comfortable with Firefox.

Think it's the keyboard shortcuts. You'd think they'd all be uniform.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Could never get into MOBAs. Too steep a learning curve, too much of a time sink, too shite of a community to newcomers. It's like MMO redux except I've neither the time not patience to learn and grind for carrot on a stick reward schemes anymore. I like to think I've wised up, but the truth is I just can't be asked. I'm becoming an old man yelling at cloud (gaming) already.

Jordan

Probably due to the fact I started on League of Legends - I just can't get into to DOTA 2. I'm a beast with a character on LoL and just haven't found a character that is equally as awesome yet.

Though saying that, I haven't put a huge amount of time into either games, but I was pretty decent at League of Legends.

well they're possibly making a super-powered version of Jynx for the next Pokemon game, so I expect everyone will slowly migrate over from Dota2 into X&Y in short time

SmokyDave

well they're possibly making a super-powered version of Jynx for the next Pokemon game, so I expect everyone will slowly migrate over from Dota2 into X&Y in short time
I'm almost tempted to pick up the new Pokemon game just to try and understand what all the fuss is about. I watched a couple of episodes of the cartoon once and felt exactly like the parents in the Chinpokomon episode of South Park. Just totally baffled.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Dave I don't think I can name anyone personally that likes it that didn't have a least some involvement as a kid (whether through the cards, show or actual games). That said there will probably be a gaffer that jumps out the woodwork to prove me wrong shortly after this.
IF you like RTS/MMO games maybe, but that's a big if. Every time I play an RTS I get flashbacks to getting brutally destroyed in Red Alert by my mate constantly.
The term "MMO" is more of a curse-word to me now more than anything. I love RTS though, even with the fact that I'm not the best of the best. One of those things you just have to accept if you want to play RTS is that you will lose.

But DOTA isn't really an RTS.

Sure it got it start from custom maps in an RTS game (Defense of the Ancients I think via Warcraft III's battle.net in fact) but it's actually its own sub-genre now called MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena). Kind of a dumb name but there you go. I still understand, watch and sometimes play RTS but I really can't be bothered to learn MOBA.

I'm almost tempted to pick up the new Pokemon game just to try and understand what all the fuss is about. I watched a couple of episodes of the cartoon once and felt exactly like the parents in the Chinpokomon episode of South Park. Just totally baffled.

It's an amazingly deep JRPG for as accessible as it is, especially considering they add a bunch of new mechanics onto the same base game with each new release. The cartoon is baffling if you're not 8 and hopped up on sugar (or 20 and hopped up on nostalgia), but the games have always been surprisingly legit and friendly. Anyway, it actually has 21st century graphics as of the next game, so it's a good time to jump in, assuming you won't have lost your 3DS again by that point.

Suairyu explains this kind of thing a lot better than me, but he's been consumed by the multi-tentacled fuckbeast that is "television", unfortunately.

Wait, are you serious?

Trademarks have been pointing to it, yeah, could turn out to be a red herring still.

SmokyDave

It's an amazingly deep JRPG for as accessible as it is, especially considering they add a bunch of new mechanics onto the same base game with each new release. The cartoon is baffling if you're not 8 and hopped up on sugar (or 20 and hopped up on nostalgia), but the games have always been surprisingly legit and friendly. Anyway, it actually has 21st century graphics as of the next game, so it's a good time to jump in, assuming you won't have lost your 3DS again by that point.
Ah, shit. I forgot it was a JRPG, god only knows how. Still tempted to try it, but I fucking hate JRPGs with a burning passion. I had an ex-missus that put literally hundreds of hours into each game, even though they were all identical to my eyes.

I've promised myself I'll never lose another system. Everything is now packed neatly into boxes in the loft. That said, I can only find three Gameboys, and I'm sure I had 4. The tape drive for the VIC20 is MIA, as is the power supply. Not going to sweat that too much though. I also can't find my big box version of Mad Dog McRee for the CDi. Not too worried about that either since I sold the CDi about 15 years ago.

I own way too much useless shit. I need to sell off anything I haven't used in the last two years.

Could never get into MOBAs. Too steep a learning curve, too much of a time sink, too shite of a community to newcomers. It's like MMO redux except I've neither the time not patience to learn and grind for carrot on a stick reward schemes anymore. I like to think I've wised up, but the truth is I just can't be asked. I'm becoming an old man yelling at cloud (gaming) already.

I ain't going near DOTA, because one of two things will happen:
1) Spend ages learning the game before concluding as I suspect that it's not for me
Or
2) Spend ages learning the game before concluding I'm hopelessly addicted.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Had a great afternoon sightseeing with EviLore.

Everyone I dislike prepare to be banned ;)
Fuck, I was wondering what happened to SteveWD40 =/

I always thought he was a great guy. Damn you, Musha_Soturi.
I ain't going near DOTA, because one of two things will happen:
1) Spend ages learning the game before concluding as I suspect that it's not for me
Or
2) Spend ages learning the game before concluding I'm hopelessly addicted.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom