• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
Grown men argue about video games in a heated fashion ?

Someone mentioned George Osborne. There was no way it wasn't going to end with someone getting a slapped wrist.

Does this mean we're going to be watched for a while though? Like, stuck in a room with a camera on us?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It wasn't even really about games at that point, someone was trying to tie on political rhetoric to the "UK games industry is dead" doom call. Steve said no and the other guy replied back with "spoken like a true conservative" and that's what really kicked it off.

And no one is gonna be watched more than we already are. We have tories, libdems and even BNP (Coldman & Tash) in here. We don't talk about politics much but I'd hope we'd have a mature discussion if it came to that considering different opinions.

EDIT:

his father was sexually assaulted by Malcolm McDowell
Wow, did this gem get explained at all?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Had a great afternoon sightseeing with EviLore.

Everyone I dislike prepare to be banned ;)

i dislike no one

Thanks for keeping company! May not have made it through the day otherwise, haha. Running on fumes, 27 hours and counting. Felt fine while we were hanging out but I'm sure I was more than a little glazed over to the outside world.

We got to have an encounter with a genuine crazy, though! Not only is his cousin's cousin Keith Richards, his father was sexually assaulted by Malcolm McDowell and we need to accept Jesus into our hearts. Didn't know what Bad Religion was in a punk bar, but didn't like the sound of it.

afoni

Banned
It wasn't even really about games at that point, someone was trying to tie on political rhetoric to the "UK games industry is dead" doom call. Steve said no and the other guy replied back with "spoken like a true conservative" and that's what really kicked it off.

And no one is gonna be watched more than we already are. We have tories, libdems and even BNP (Coldman & Tash) in here. We don't talk about politics much but I'd hope we'd have a mature discussion if it came to that considering different opinions.

Politics is just a choice between two bags of shit. It's just a case of trying to figure out which bag of shit has more good stuff in it that you'll like without being to see inside of the bag, so you have to work it out based on the shit-eating grin on the face some bloke drew on the bag. Sometimes you'll pick the shit your mates do, maybe the paper will influence your decision, I don't know that.

What stands is that you're picking a bag of shit to keep for 5 years.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If that random dude they ran into is as crazy as he sounds, he could have offered me a PS4 and I would have said no. Who tells strangers your dad was molested by Malcolm McDowell? Even if you suspend your disbelief for a moment, is that supposed to impress people? It's like a demented version of "im related to someone famous"

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I ain't going near DOTA, because one of two things will happen:
1) Spend ages learning the game before concluding as I suspect that it's not for me
Or
2) Spend ages learning the game before concluding I'm hopelessly addicted.

Don't forget being told by obnoxious dickheads that you shouldn't play it because you don't know how to play it.

If that random dude they ran into is as crazy as he sounds, he could have offered me a PS4 and I would have said no. Who tells strangers your dad was molested by Malcolm McDowell? Even if you suspend your disbelief for a moment, is that supposed to impress people? It's like a demented version of "im related to someone famous"

At least that would confirm my suspicions that Malcolm McDowell has indeed been in everything.

AcridMeat

Banned
If you don't have some good people to group with, getting into things like Dota 2 & League are horrible experiences.

Even then you have to commit all of this time to really understand how the game plays and I'd argue to a lot of people it's just not worth it.
I've been playing League for almost 2 years now ;_;

Hystzen

Today I saw Rocket Racoon in a movie moving my life is complete

Also I got Bioshock: Infinite other day with it being on sale for £18 on PSN..finished it today and yup it a good game. Kind of shocked me due to how much I don't like Bioshock 1, the gunplay still kind of ass but rest is great. TLOU blows it out of water shame it came out same year as that or would be easily in my current GOTY so far.

The crazy guy started off by recognising my Preacher tattoo so I thought he was gonna be cool, but then it all went downhill. Nice that you had the same favourite comic though!

I had a really good afternoon, so glad I fucked work off to hang out. My head needed the distraction.

Hopefully I should be back to my happy carefree self soon :)

I started playing League a few days ago after hearing about for hours at a time for an entire year. I kind of like it. It's mostly a good time, although I think matches are a bit long. I don't like the F2P model in general, but the League model is better than the rampant gouging of something like Marvel Heroes.

I've had DOTA 2 in my library for yonks. Does the update process still cause certain hard drives to make grinding sounds? Because it did that on mine and I quickly decided to wait until something changed.

f0rk

I started playing League a few days ago after hearing about for hours at a time for an entire year. I kind of like it. It's mostly a good time, although I think matches are a bit long. I don't like the F2P model in general, but the League model is better than the rampant gouging of something like Marvel Heroes.

I've had DOTA 2 in my library for yonks. Does the update process still cause certain hard drives to make grinding sounds? Because it did that on mine and I quickly decided to wait until something changed.

DOTA2 embarasses LoL's F2P model but it is less kawaii~~

jimbor

Banned
Had to take a day off work experience to sign on today, they were as shite and unhelpful as ever. Had one bit of good news in that I don't have to do it for another four weeks because of bank holiday, thank fuck.

They really are a patronising, useless shower of cunts.

Juicy Bob

Girlfriend's using the PS3 for the first time and using the analogue sticks to navigate the menus rather than the directional buttons.

Bless.

Hystzen

Girlfriend's using the PS3 for the first time and using the analogue sticks to navigate the menus rather than the directional buttons.

Bless.

at least she uses analogue sticks, my ex, girl mates or even mum just use d-pad then get confused why nothing is happening during games

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Jed, I caved mate.

One of my better dealers had some blue cheese. I can't resist blue cheese.

Eminem - Drug Ballad

You're welcome Kent.

I also caved, Made it just past the opening credits of breaking bad before going out to buy 2 grams, Dealer gave me .14 of a gram for free.

About to blaze, It's top notch blue cheese too.

Symphonia

Banned
Does everyone here smoke weed? Because I feel like the odd one out, I've only done a couple of lines of charlie on a night out, but have never smoked a joint. Hm.

Kentpaul

Does everyone here smoke weed? Because I feel like the odd one out, I've only done a couple of lines of charlie on a night out, but have never smoked a joint. Hm.

Watching Films, tv shows, music, normal house hold stuff is pretty bland without weed bro.

NinjaBoiX

I also caved, Made it just past the opening credits of breaking bad before going out to buy 2 grams, Dealer gave me .14 of a gram for free.

About to blaze, It's top notch blue cheese too.
Haha, what did I tell you guys? Fair play Kent, I can't exactly chastise you now can I!

But seriously, that's it now, at least until Crimbo. I've got too much other stuff to be spending my money on. I have that speeding fine to pay, then Jim White this month, Paramore, bro in Manchester then London meet in September, then Artic Monkeys a few birthdays and maybe a Musha visit in October/November, then before you know it, Crimbo time.

We also have the first house inspection on Wed, a new lease to sign, and a higher than usual stress level at work due to my laxidasical approach to my piss easy, cushty as fuck, "would kick myself if I lost it" job!

/mindslurge

Maybe I just need a spliff...

BritGAF lOT5l - Relapse
tumblr_lkhgskMjDL1qbsb9zo1_250.gif

Kentpaul

Haha, what did I tell you guys? Fair play Kent, I can't exactly chastise you now can I!

But seriously, that's it now, at least until Crimbo. I've got too much other stuff to be spending my money on. I have that speeding fine to pay, then Jim White this month, Paramore, bro in Manchester then London meet in September, then Artic Monkeys a few birthdays and maybe a Musha visit in October/November, then before you know it, Crimbo time.

We also have the first house inspection on Wed, a new lease to sign, and a higher than usual stress level at work due to my laxidasical approach to my piss easy, cushty as fuck, "would kick myself if I lost it" job!

/mindslurge

Maybe I just need a spliff...

I have my eminem gig coming up, I won't be smoking much there just a few wraps of 5-MeO-DALT, I can't imagine myself dancing for hours to eminem without some sort of psychedelic stimulant. Weed at gigs makes me just stand there. Dave relapsed first then the domino's fell.

Nice eminem link ninja, Em's flow is untouchable.

This is the great video ever made.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=107295499476401

These chicks should be jailed.

Kentpaul

Blue Cheese Cannabis StrainBlue Cheese Pictures
Blue Cheese was created by crossing a Blueberry male with an original U.K. Cheese female. It has a sweet fruity and berry scent with a noticeable musky undertone typical of the original cheese.

The high comes on smooth an easy with great psychedelic and euphoric effects. A definite happy high that will let you down nice and easy.

Can we really be blamed ?

SKINNER!

Banned
Oh gosh, the wedding photos just keep on comin'. Like a gushin' tap.

Lol, not knowing Bad Religion in a punk bar. That dude should've been thrown out.

Oh, and new Breaking Bad. Holy fuckballs!

8bit

Knows the Score

It's not the fact that he's driving a piano, it's the other random pianos in the background that make it for me.

Grand Piano Theft Auto.

BTW, there's a thread in gaming about spoofing Nintendo Zones to farm pink puzzle pieces. Worth a look if anyone has a spare DD-WRT router lying around and wants more bits.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644999&highlight=

--

Man if I were younger I'd be pestering you all to post me weed, I have no idea what Blue Cheese is. The last strain I remember with a name was Jacques Herer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom