• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this, but it doesn't really look like a DeLorean does it? Obviously not knocking your skills 8bit, it's clearly put together well, just the design. And the hoverboard was pink

Edit: beaten

8bit

Knows the Score
It's not quite what I expected, but I had a blast putting it together. I think I'll need to be looking into the Simpsons set now.

(BTW, you can swap the wheels and add transparent bits to change it to the part 2 version.)

NinjaBoiX

Isn't it bright pink in the film though?
Oh yeah, I suppose it is more pink than it is purple.

hxcv7Ci.jpg

Man, that thing is uglier than I remember!
It's not quite what I expected, but I had a blast putting it together. I think I'll need to be looking into the Simpsons set now.

(BTW, you can swap the wheels and add transparent bits to change it to the part 2 version.)
pix pls

Edit: and yeah, I agree about being a little underwhelmed with the finished product. Why is it beige?

:/

AcridMeat

Banned

There are Simpsons sets now?! Oh I am fucked.

Gonna get to the links from the last page now, but first has anyone seen Six String Samurai before? Awesome movie, and a great soundtrack.

AcridMeat

Banned
Fuuuuck no way. I'm in a tiny space and have a tiny wallet. It would be so fun if there was a kwik-e-mart.

In my budget I think I'd want The Homer

Or even more in budget just the figures. This SBTRKT remix is fantastic.

That Simpsons Lego house looks the wrong colour, it's far too light I think.

I have the delorean, it's pretty good, and looks better in real life. A lot of the photos don't do it justice.

I think the best new Leo is the Parisian restaurant. The best modular since the Pet Shop.

NinjaBoiX

Kyuss fans of BritGAF, have you guys heard Sasquatch?

Sasquatch - Knuckle Down

It's not really, it's standard Lego grey (whatever precise Pantone shade that is). Blame my shoddy phone camera.
Yeah, I thought it might've just been your super trendy Instagram filter, it's probably why the pink hoverboard looks purple too. ;)

Steve, that place for your honeymoon looks incredible. If you can stretch to it, you'll blow her mind mate.

Jackass really is a great 'go to' film when pissed off and feeling kinda downbeat.

Watching others in pain is quite entertaining.

That's why I like your posts because my life could never suck as much as yours and I cheer up no end.

I'm joking, honestly.

Did anybody watch Take Me Out tonight?

Symphonia

Banned
That's why I like your posts because my life could never suck as much as yours and I cheer up no end.

I'm joking, honestly.

Did anybody watch Take Me Out tonight?
It's not really a 'sucky' night tonight, just feeling a bit meh, and JD and Jackass are really cheering me up, haha.

Symphonia

Banned
It's good, definately try it if you can.
I don't know why I haven't picked any up yet, Tesco have a shit load of box sets on sale with a large bottle of the Tennessee Honey Jack Daniels, two glasses and ice-cube molds. I think I'm gonna have to pick me up a couple next time I go in to Tesco for my grocery shopping.

I don't know why I haven't picked any up yet, Tesco have a shit load of box sets on sale with a large bottle of the Tennessee Honey Jack Daniels, two glasses and ice-cube molds. I think I'm gonna have to pick me up a couple next time I go in to Tesco for my grocery shopping.

Jack Daniels is £21 in my Tesco, they can fuck right off.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Kyuss fans of BritGAF, have you guys heard Sasquatch?

Sasquatch - Knuckle Down

No I ain't, squire. I really like the music/production on it, it's super volatile sounding, but his voice is a bit... much?

Gonna get to the links from the last page now, but first has anyone seen Six String Samurai before? Awesome movie, and a great soundtrack.

Hell yeah. Great movie but I wanted to stamp on the kid's neck every time he made a noise.

EDIT:

More volatile production.

PJ Harvey - Losing Ground
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GNXe45gxCIA

NinjaBoiX

No I ain't, squire. I really like the music/production on it, it's super volatile sounding, but his voice is a bit... much?
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. They just really reminded me of Kyuss and I know there are some fans in here. Pretty cool track though.
More volatile production.

PJ Harvey - Losing Ground
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GNXe45gxCIA
Aha, a lovely b-side I've never heard, marvellous! I see what you mean with the production, it brings to mind a scummy, smokey redneck bar with dodgy strip lighting and sweat dripping down the walls.

Some of her best tracks have that really rough-edged, minimal production. Especially her darker stuff, this track is just so brooding and menacing:

PJ Harvey - Working For The Man

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I see what you mean with the production, it brings to mind a scummy, smokey redneck bar with dodgy strip lighting and sweat dripping down the walls.

Couldn't have put it better.

Some of her best tracks have that really rough-edged, minimal production. Especially her darker stuff, this track is just so brooding and menacing:

PJ Harvey - Working For The Man

Nailed it. One of my all time favourite tracks, from one of my all time favourite albums. I've never heard anything else quite like it. It sounds like it's going to break at the end.

AcridMeat

Banned
PJ Harvey is some gooduns. I just posted in the realgaf thread but who is into Tycho here? Personally one of my favorite artists, in production and graphic design.

NinjaBoiX

Love me some Tycho Acrid, Sunrise Projector is fine album.

I've never heard anything else quite like it. It sounds like it's going to break at the end.
Yeah, the little squeak sells it. It's like there's just too much pressure! I use a little Bluetooth speaker out the back when I'm smoking, and the last ten seconds of that tune had it bouncing about the worktop.

Mint gif is mint:

9YIvkAz.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
Would she know who that is? I imagine only me and you in here do.

Besides, as long as you mean recent Honda it's a compliment...

That's the thing. She wasn't aware who she was so when I told her that she was an mma fighter she must've thought of Chyna and replied with "Oh, you mean I'm hideous?"
Did rectify it in the end after I got a second opinion from a friend. Quite a shaky icebreaker but I shit you not, she had that Rhonda smile and laugh and everything...except the muscley physique and shitty arrogance. On an unrelated situation, I got kneed in th the balls at some point in the night too.

EDIT: Hold up, doesn't SmokyDave know her too?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Morning BritGAF, who fancies smiling:

Little girl confused meeting her father's twin for the first time.
So many daww's. The fist bump at the end.

Cute!

Can anybody recommend me some really really good hard rock metal type stuff? It dawned on me that I like no new bands at all and after scouring the journo's top 10 lists for last year I'm closed minded to almost everything. I tried the Mars Volta but they just sounded reminded me of how good At the Drive-in were. Is this what getting old means?

I should say I've listened to most (not all yet!) of the links but while I enjoyed some, nothing really knocked me sideways.

Y'know, not to say it ain't good. I'm just set in my ways. Sigh. It's all downhill from here.

Ps jedeye this does not include Parachute for Gordo. Will listen separately.

Mikeside

Last night was a bit of a reminder that I may have romanticised the Ag a little bit.
So much more like a school hall than I remember.

Amazing night though - Kev broke my car twice & we ended up pushing it up a hill. Not a good impression on Z, but she took it in good stride!

New thread is ready for me to push the button, you guys. I'm not sure if it's mega shit, but then I am following up BGBW and Ninja, so we'll see how it stands up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Cute!

Can anybody recommend me some really really good hard rock metal type stuff? It dawned on me that I like no new bands at all and after scouring the journo's top 10 lists for last year I'm closed minded to almost everything. I tried the Mars Volta but they just sounded reminded me of how good At the Drive-in were. Is this what getting old means?

I should say I've listened to most (not all yet!) of the links but while I enjoyed some, nothing really knocked me sideways.

Y'know, not to say it ain't good. I'm just set in my ways. Sigh. It's all downhill from here.

Ps jedeye this does not include Parachute for Gordo. Will listen separately.

Good heavy music eh? Here are some linkies featuring some of my own favourite brands of heaviness and rocking:

Probot - Shake Your Blood - warning - mid 2000s suicide girls

Alpha Male Tea Party - Depressingly Shit Lunchtime Sandwich

Blood Brothers - Set Fire to the Face on Fire (live - oh my fucking god that is fucking amazing)

The Bronx - Knifeman

CIVIL CIVIC - Run Overdrive

Desaparecidos - Anonymous

Reuben - Shambles (long)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Last night was a bit of a reminder that I may have romanticised the Ag a little bit.
So much more like a school hall than I remember.

Amazing night though - Kev broke my car twice & we ended up pushing it up a hill. Not a good impression on Z, but she took it in good stride!

Had a great time with you guys :) aching today. The Ag is a horrendous fascinating shithole, I lovehate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom