• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you know I occasionally make dumb silly internet things. I've got a couple of them on my "dumb ideas board" (it's labelled as that) and need some people to bounce them off.

First one - thought Guardian's Comment Is Free has got so predictable you could generate their headlines, I Did Something Once Thus It Applies To Everyone... and then could throw on a Telegraph extra (where it's just "Why Owen Jones is wrong about..." and then a random word).

Second idea is along a similar bullshit vein, a fake product page for a "Check Your Privilege Home Testing Kit".

Third - I think it's the strongest name but I have no fucking clue how it'll work/what it'll do - The Shipping Forecast. Crossing the... well, the shipping forecast (radio 4 saying what the sea is like) with... the sort of shipping you see on Tumblr. I love the pun but have got no further.

Hystzen

finally got around to Way Of Samurai 4 on PS3 with it on sale....one things i end up doing during game is accidentally chatting up a 77 year old then do the weird sex mini game...what have I bought

Game of the Year is still between Metal Gear Rising and TLoU for me, and to be honest I don't see GTAIV changing that.

Still got to try Gone Home, of course.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Game of the Year is still between Metal Gear Rising and TLoU for me, and to be honest I don't see GTAIV changing that.

Still got to try Gone Home, of course.

I would be very surprised if GTAV can hit the same notes as TLoU, or hit them as well as TLoU.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
GTAV is gonna be game of the gen, let alone the year. TLoU is fantastic but it's not going to be as good a GAME as GTAV, just a better story.

Can't drive off a mountain in TLoU. End of discussion.

I would need to consult lists of releases for my other GOTYs this year, prob would be Bioshock which I loved passionately for a weekend and maybe Year Walk on iOS to round out my five.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
If RAGE gets in the way of gameplay in GTA5 like it did in GTA4 and MP3 that is a big negative for me. Super awesome and realistic animations are only worthwhile when they aren't slowing things down.

Third - I think it's the strongest name but I have no fucking clue how it'll work/what it'll do - The Shipping Forecast. Crossing the... well, the shipping forecast (radio 4 saying what the sea is like) with... the sort of shipping you see on Tumblr. I love the pun but have got no further.

The more I think about this, the more I chuckle.

"Expecting a rise in 11th Doctor x Amy Pond due to the awkward sexual tension in last night's episode. By tomorrow, the saturday morning slot has new episodes of MLP and that will bring with it a great disturbance and some quite unpredictable shipping conditions."

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So you know I occasionally make dumb silly internet things. I've got a couple of them on my "dumb ideas board" (it's labelled as that) and need some people to bounce them off.

First one - thought Guardian's Comment Is Free has got so predictable you could generate their headlines, I Did Something Once Thus It Applies To Everyone... and then could throw on a Telegraph extra (where it's just "Why Owen Jones is wrong about..." and then a random word).

Second idea is along a similar bullshit vein, a fake product page for a "Check Your Privilege Home Testing Kit".

I like the second and third idea the most. BGBW and afoni could probably help with the third idea.

The more I think about this, the more I chuckle.

"Expecting a rise in 11th Doctor x Amy Pond due to the awkward sexual tension in last night's episode. By tomorrow, the saturday morning slot has new episodes of MLP and that will bring with it a great disturbance and some quite unpredictable shipping conditions."

Mm! It's got good potential. Not sure what it is. Sort of a party randomly generated forecast? Is there any way of getting actual numbers? Google Trends doesn't have an API so I can't use that.. Hm. I shall keep thinking. Glad people think there's something in it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Random thought;

What about a game set in Colditz during WWII, and you are one of the people involved in making the glider. You would explore the castle stealthily and obtain supplies for the glider. Wouldn't be a long game but it could be fun.

Late birthday present. Got my Walking Dead Compendium signed by the artist, Charlie Adlard:

aIcmD4i.jpg

And got a sketch!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Random thought;

What about a game set in Colditz during WWII, and you are one of the people involved in making the glider. You would explore the castle stealthily and obtain supplies for the glider. Wouldn't be a long game but it could be fun.

Someone never played Prisoner Of War.

Symphonia

Banned
Why the fuck has my Facebook profile been permanently fucking deleted? I've just lost 200+ photos of my daughter that I'd been tagged in with NO way of recovering them. Fuck, I am so fucking pissed right now.

xist

CHEEZMO™;76579367 said:
Someone never played Prisoner Of War.

More like someone never played Escape from Colditz...you're a prisoner in Colditz and you wander round the castle looking for ways to escape....there's a video game and a board game.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
More like someone never played Escape from Colditz...you're a prisoner in Colditz and you wander round the castle looking for ways to escape....there's a video game and a board game.

1: POW is from this century
2: It features the glider

pXtnCUt.gif

edit: Actually I remember POW being really fun. Someone should remake it or something but good luck with that these days.

I wouldn't mind more WWII-set games in general, really. Ones where you're not fighting the war specifically.

I know one of the Castlevanias (Portrait of Ruin?) is set in the late '30s but I doubt it does anything interesting with that.

xist

I wouldn't mind more WWII-set games in general, really. Ones where you're not fighting the war specifically.

I know one of the Castlevanias (Portrait of Ruin?) is set in the late '30s but I doubt it does anything interesting with that.

Have you played Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant? Both great games with war-esque, dark themes.

NinjaBoiX

GG guys, even if I did suck the most, again.

Worth it just to hear that sexy Northern voice :)
I just walked back from the sitting room, beer in hand, thinking "I'm not actually all that drunk".

I then walked into the sofa.

:/

Musha is sexy as holy fuck.

Night guys.

GG.

8bit

Knows the Score

Ooooh, the board game! Been years since I've thought about that!

Mikeside

Sorry you guys, got stuck round my grandparents' place entertaining my cousins who were visiting.

Just saw the GTA Online trailer
I'm going to have a megaboner for that game until GTA6, I think.

AcridMeat

Banned
Going to a board game night in a few hours, will be all strangers. Wish me luck, I'll be wearing the trench coat and nothing else again.

Had no idea Kick Ass 2 was o..oh right BRIT-GAF

I'm always surprised by how fresh Refused's "The Shape Of Punk To Come" sounds every time I return to it. Maybe it's just because I never ever really played the shit out of it, but it's a really fucking good album. It definitely doesn't sound like it came out in 1998.

New Noise is still a killer tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom