• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Symphonia

Banned
I watched about an hour of the first movie, it smelled of wee. Lord of the Flies minus the good characters meets Dawson's Creek minus the loquacious, implausibly articulate dialogue.

Poo nuggets.
I quite enjoyed the previous films. People killing people in the name of entertainment in the name of entertainment (how meta) is always...well, entertaining. It's like a dumbed down version of Battle Royale but is still good fun.

And dat Jennifer Lawrence.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Well, E has now entered the two tattoo club. It looks really good. She'll have to show you all at the meet. I will force her to parade it :)

Idiot, but you'll be fine, as long as it doesn't become the norm they can't really screw you over this, working even in a call center you get away with more than what you'd get away with in a retail role.

HAHA, well you're just a rookie and still green, I'm sure you'll be a veteran in no time.

Today I have been looking after a depressed cat and talking with vets, who are strongly urging me to look for a friend for Jesse, need to speak with Amanda about it, but I guess if that's the best I can do for him then I will have to. I am still by no means back to normal after what happened on Monday, but I am more of the impression now that everything happens for a reason and maybe there is another kitten out there that needs a loving home.

Still really does suck as it was far too soon.

Happy Birthday E!

Direct quote : "thanks skeleton!"

How old is Jesse?

I watched about an hour of the first movie, it smelled of wee. Lord of the Flies minus the good characters meets Dawson's Creek minus the loquacious, implausibly articulate dialogue.

Poo nuggets.

I like the Hunger Games. But you probably guessed that!

I think the rule is

If Bowen dislike = Sploat like

If Bowen like = Sploat indifferent.

With the exception of Left Behind.

Added to the 'list of shit to do once Uni is over' then.

A two hour movie doesn't have to wait until after uni bro. Watch it now! Schnell!

-

Hunger games might have been good if it wasn't ruined by atrociously dull love triangles. Its like, you're a contestant in a post apocalyptic deathmatch, get your priorities in order. Either spitroast or put the issue out of your mind.

Hunger games might have been good if it wasn't ruined by atrociously dull love triangles. Its like, you're a contestant in a post apocalyptic deathmatch, get your priorities in order. Either spitroast or put the issue out of your mind.

Someone needs This Ain't The Hunger Games, a XXX Parody

NinjaBoiX

I think the rule is

If Bowen dislike = Sploat like

If Bowen like = Sploat indifferent.

With the exception of Left Behind.
Oh come on mane, that's not true! We both like Manchester, girls, video games and cool music.

I just don't read those book thingies and find a lot of the performance art you're into to be pretentious, wanky, talentless bollocks.

"Do you draw good and stuff?"

"No but look, I poo'd in a jar!"
Hence the Dawson's Creek connection.

#teampotter

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Happy Birthday E, you two tattoo you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJdUJg4wOk

"thanks!"

Eezer Goode!

Oh come on mane, that's not true! We both like Manchester, girls, video games and cool music.

I just don't read those book thingies and find a lot of the performance art you're into to be pretentious, wanky, talentless bollocks.

"Do you draw good and stuff?"

"No but look, I poo'd in a jar!"

Hence the Dawson's Creek connection.

#teampotter

yes, it's true. Although Im still not sure if I'm attracted to girls or not. Apart from E. But hey. I'll figure it out when I'm 80. I was born confused and I'll die that way.

no no no! #teamaudrey + #teampacey + #teamantidawson. Seriously team anti anti anti anti Dawson. What a numpty.

Also congrats show skeleton on the game thing! Don't forget to link! I really need a shortened name for you. Skeleton is already taken. I'll figure something out - I'm afraid you don't get a choice.

Son Of D

g2fW465.png

Somewhere I think Nerdkiller just fainted because he didn't make that reference.

Is anyone going to Cardiff Film and Comic Con this weekend?

If not and you're in the area you should go. Then you can come say hi, I'm working it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm so quiet again today. It's really scary - I don't want to lose my job.

He's in kitten heaven surrounded by boxes bags and more dreamies than he can ever eat.

Today this happened: But to me looks like I can still get my knob pierced.

Vagina Piercings FGM

I like the picture of the scalpel. Made me judder a bit. There's a picture of a Prince Albert in the tattoo and piercing thread. Once seen, can't unsee....

Of course :D KP and Runlikehell were the hiphop heads here but both haven't been here in a while (I can't complain tbh) so I'm just wanting to hear Britgaf's opinion :)

I think Owen Bowen and Messo are both hip hop heads but I think OB doesn't like Kendrick.

My opinion....

It's a really brave album. I love it when a hip hop album works as a cohesive political / social statement and isn't just a gangster movie in rhyme form.

There's a few songs I like more than others and it's definitely going to take a while to digest it, but so far I like it a lot. He's also insanely talented, so even if it's dense and confusing his wordplay is always :-O. I went back to listening to Nas again after hearing this and I think Kendrick is on that level.

It took me a year to get into Good Kid though, so it could take a while. And the "this dick ain't freeeee" like made me squirm a bit at first. What do you think?

SKINNER!

Banned
I think Owen Bowen and Messo are both hip hop heads but I think OB doesn't like Kendrick.

Ah ok! Wasn't aware of Messo so that's cool but Owen aka MinjNinj Owen? He a backpacker ;)

My opinion....

It's a really brave album. I love it when a hip hop album works as a cohesive political / social statement and isn't just a gangster movie in rhyme form.

There's a few songs I like more than others and it's definitely going to take a while to digest it, but so far I like it a lot. He's also insanely talented, so even if it's dense and confusing his wordplay is always :-O. I went back to listening to Nas again after hearing this and I think Kendrick is on that level.

It took me a year to get into Good Kid though, so it could take a while. And the "this dick ain't freeeee" like made me squirm a bit at first. What do you think?

Yeah, very brave and fascinating that doesn't go heavy into deepthroat preachy territory with its message. I just love the production work on this album. Album feels real chill and laid back. Love the wordplay (Blacker the berry got-damn!) and change in flows throughout the album. Weirdest thing is that I'm not a fan of ALL the different flows like the one in "U" - it sounds bad - but within context I understand why the flow is like that. It's not some "gimmicky" shit to see if it fits. "Dick ain't freee" stood out as awkward similar to "Backseat Freestyle" when I first heard it but the jazzy music makes me think like it's some kinda jazz cafe/bar with poem recital nights. I get that "Speak your mind. Let it all out!" vibe. I like that track!

Didn't instantly fall in love with the album on first listen mostly because it wasn't what I was expecting. Couple of days listening to it now and it's slowly moulding together and I'm feeling it :) Same thing happened with GKMC, I picked up Section 80 at the same time and ended listening to it more than GKMC. Section 80 was definitely more accessible. It wasn't until I got bored of Section 80 that I properly started listening, understanding and appreciated GKMC. TPAB takes time to settle ha! Really transforms into something pretty the more you listen to it.

What Nas were you listening to? Definitely think both early Nas and Kendrick are on the same level.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ah ok! Wasn't aware of Messo so that's cool but Owen aka MinjNinj Owen? He a backpacker ;)

Yeah, very brave and fascinating that doesn't go heavy into deepthroat preachy territory with its message. I just love the production work on this album. Album feels real chill and laid back. Love the wordplay (Blacker the berry got-damn!) and change in flows throughout the album. Weirdest thing is that I'm not a fan of ALL the different flows like the one in "U" - it sounds bad - but within context I understand why the flow is like that. It's not some "gimmicky" shit to see if it fits. "Dick ain't freee" stood out as awkward similar to "Backseat Freestyle" when I first heard it but the jazzy music makes me think like it's some kinda jazz cafe/bar with poem recital nights. I get that "Speak your mind. Let it all out!" vibe. I like that track!

Didn't instantly fall in love with the album on first listen mostly because it wasn't what I was expecting. Couple of days listening to it now and it's slowly moulding together and I'm feeling it :) Same thing happened with GKMC, I picked up Section 80 at the same time and ended listening to it more than GKMC. Section 80 was definitely more accessible. It wasn't until I got bored of Section 80 that I properly started listening, understanding and appreciated GKMC. TPAB takes time to settle ha! Really transforms into something pretty the more you listen to it.

What Nas were you listening to? Definitely think both early Nas and Kendrick are on the same level.

Yeah Owen Bowen is Ninj, it's just my daft name for him.

The production work is really layered, isn't it? I love the Arvo Part-y pianos and horns on How Much A Dollar Cost - they have that amazing close harmony going on like you find on things like Albert Ayler and really heavy jazz like late 60s / early 70s Miles Davis, just really sophisticated, and it wouldn't surprise me if Kendrick had done his research and those references are there for a reason.

Yeah, it took me a while to adjust to how Kendrick changes his tone so much, his raps on Ronald Reagan Era compared to soemthing like Backstreet Freestyle could be a different person if you didn't know.

Totally with you as well about the first listen, I thoight "Eh what? Is this jazz-fusion spoken word?" but as I got the concept i began to get a little bit in awe of what he's tried to do here. And the Blacker the Berry is amazing, definitely.

Re Nas - mostly bits of Illmatic and then the odd track from God's Son onwards - I find his albums really patchy and he's also a difficult rapper to like because he's so insular and probably a bit homophobic. But I find there's at least two or three tracks on every record that I keep listening to (this morning on my walk in it was Money Over Bullshit and Black Republican).

I'm really liking this trend of major African-American artists making uncompromising music though - you already know I think D'Angelo's Black Messiah is as good as all of the best soul albums I've ever heard, and I really rate Yeezus and "mad" Kanye.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah Owen Bowen is Ninj, it's just my daft name for him.

The production work is really layered, isn't it? I love the Arvo Part-y pianos and horns on How Much A Dollar Cost - they have that amazing close harmony going on like you find on things like Albert Ayler and really heavy jazz like late 60s / early 70s Miles Davis, just really sophisticated, and it wouldn't surprise me if Kendrick had done his research and those references are there for a reason.

Yeah, it took me a while to adjust to how Kendrick changes his tone so much, his raps on Ronald Reagan Era compared to soemthing like Backstreet Freestyle could be a different person if you didn't know.

Totally with you as well about the first listen, I thoight "Eh what? Is this jazz-fusion spoken word?" but as I got the concept i began to get a little bit in awe of what he's tried to do here. And the Blacker the Berry is amazing, definitely.

Re Nas - mostly bits of Illmatic and then the odd track from God's Son onwards - I find his albums really patchy and he's also a difficult rapper to like because he's so insular and probably a bit homophobic. But I find there's at least two or three tracks on every record that I keep listening to (this morning on my walk in it was Money Over Bullshit and Black Republican).

I'm really liking this trend of major African-American artists making uncompromising music though - you already know I think D'Angelo's Black Messiah is as good as all of the best soul albums I've ever heard, and I really rate Yeezus and "mad" Kanye.

Can't go wrong with Nas but yeah his discography isn't quite perfect. Aside from Nastradamus, Hiphop is dead and I Am... (which are so meh) You got a few tracks from God's Son, Stillmatic, Untitled and Life is Good that really shine. Even Distant Relatives was great; I loved it. But, to me, Illmatic and It Was Written. Just golden. Both his best work.

Unsure if Nas is homophobic today (maybe he is. Haven't read any recent interviews) but a lot of mainstream rappers in hiphop during the mid 90s up until around 2003/4 were openly homophobic. Jay-Z droppin the f-bomb on "Heart of a City". Same with Nas on "Ether". Hell, have you heard DMX's "Where da hood at?" Entire first verse is shockingly homophobic. I'm surprised that was even a lead single let alone allowed on a major record-label backed studio album.

Not so sure about current "mad" Kanye. I mean, his earlier work is great but Yeezus? yuck, apart from maybe 2 tracks I never get the urge to go back and listen to it in it's entirety. Kanye's strongpoint has been his music production but even that didn't sound good and that coupled with some terrrible/corny lines...Yeezus was just not my cup of tea and I'm not even feeling the tracks he released for this new album.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Can't go wrong with Nas but yeah his discography isn't quite perfect. Aside from Nastradamus, Hiphop is dead and I Am... (which are so meh) You got a few tracks from God's Son, Stillmatic, Untitled and Life is Good that really shine. Even Distant Relatives was great; I loved it. But, to me, Illmatic and It Was Written. Just golden. Both his best work.

Unsure if Nas is homophobic today (maybe he is. Haven't read any recent interviews) but a lot of mainstream rappers in hiphop during the mid 90s up until around 2003/4 were openly homophobic. Jay-Z droppin the f-bomb on "Heart of a City". Same with Nas on "Ether". Hell, have you heard DMX's "Where da hood at?" Entire first verse is shockingly homophobic. I'm surprised that was even a lead single let alone allowed on a major record-label backed studio album.

Not so sure about current "mad" Kanye. I mean, his earlier work is great but Yeezus? yuck, apart from maybe 2 tracks I never get the urge to go back and listen to it in it's entirety. Kanye's strongpoint has been his music production but even that didn't sound good and that coupled with some terrrible/corny lines...Yeezus was just not my cup of tea and I'm not even feeling the tracks he released for this new album.

Yeah, it's why I never really liked Ether. Tbh, I always thought Takeover was way better. Ether was just "ha ha you're gay" over four minutes while Jay-Z was meticulous in attacking everything - the 1 hot album every ten year average was brutal.

Yeah, maybe you're right about the homophobia, but Ether felt a lot more genuinely homophobic than just the use of the f-bomb, which often feels more superficial to me. I don't know...Nas is just very very humourless.

Yeah, I know Heart of the City, amazing track from an astonishing album. It was the Blueprint that got me into hip hop beyond Wu Tang and made me realise that the whole cheesy/indie division you had in guitar music just didn't really exist in hip hop...and that just because the video was full of dancing girls and money didn't mean that the artist behind it was actually a dumb thug (Ignorant Shit....!) it also made me a lifelong Jay Z fan too. I even liked Kingdom Come :-o well about half of it.

On Kanye... I've never really liked his rapping. I find his rhymes often to be a bit laboured and I don't like his cadence. It grates on me a bit. But as a producer he's incredible. I liked Late Reg and Graduation in spite on his rapping. But since 808s he's just evolved, imo. Yeezus is just like a noise album in places. I love how aggressive and out there it is (even though it seems to be mostly about how Dior won't appoint Kanye as their chief designer)- it feels like a really unfiltered, honest statement. I love On Sight and New Slaves especially.

I do think he's an amazing artist though. I hope he does go and do all of his insane ideas (surround cinema! Trillion dollar company!) - I'd rather take one flawed, conceited visionary than 100 Chris Martin's. Not that I hate Coldplay, I just couldn't think of an example of a 'standard' pop star as Ive just eaten a tasty burrito.

The_Poet

Banned
I do think he's an amazing artist though. I hope he does go and do all of his insane ideas (surround cinema! Trillion dollar company!) - I'd rather take one flawed, conceited visionary than 100 Chris Martin's. Not that I hate Coldplay, I just couldn't think of an example of a 'standard' pop star as Ive just eaten a tasty burrito.

Chris martin is the most boring man in the world, I can only imagine 100 Chris Martins would implode into a wormhole; draining all fun and colour from the world. People forced to wander aimlessly around, dogs all over lose the ability to wag their tails, everything tastes of porridge and 'fix you' is constantly playing.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Chris martin is the most boring man in the world, I can only imagine 100 Chris Martins would implode into a wormhole; draining all fun and colour from the world. People forced to wander aimlessly around, dogs all over lose the ability to wag their tails, everything tastes of porridge and 'fix you' is constantly playing.

I can't comment because I'd be a hypocrite. I actually liked some of their albums!

-

Totally solipsistic but I might be going ahead with the nose piercing anyway. Going after work to speak to the piercer and find out if my nose will fall off if I have it done.

A new guy has started at work and his name is Fuller and every time someone says it all I can think is "... Fuller wets the bed!"

Is addiction to Home Alone a real problem?

banofypie

Banned
Just preordered a Ps4 with Bloodborne. All of you sent me pms with your PSN ids, thanks much.

I could add them on my Vita but I do not care enough.

money is just an object

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Got my EGX tickets. Hope to see some of you there, even if it is *thunderclap* not in Looonnndddoooooon

Where is it? I want to go this year.

Just preordered a Ps4 with Bloodborne. All of you sent me pms with your PSN ids, thanks much.

I could add them on my Vita but I do not care enough.

money is just an object

Same as my username but you need to put the code word in the invite or it won't get through - I get so many requests each day, you see.

The codeword is

"Ban00bypie"

Top Bottom