• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

banofypie

Banned
I finished the game not a few minutes ago. Yharnam's lore appeals to me a lot more than Lordran's or Drangleic's ever did, if only because I'm way more into gothic horror than I am medieval horror. I think this might be the first Souls game I go through on new game plus, that's how much I liked it.

NinjaBoiX

Nice to meet up with Mike tonight, good seeing you buddy!
NEXT MEET IN MANCHESTER PLEASE LONDON IS TOO INTENSE AND SCARY THANKS AND CAN WE GO SOMEWHERE A BIT MORE GAY BECAUSE I THINK IM HETEROPHOBIC SORRY BUT YOU BREEDERS FREAK ME OUT WITH YOUR HETERO STUFF DONT MIND YOU DOING IT IN PRIVATE BUT IN PUBLIC ITS JUST A BIT UNNATURAL THANKS
tumblr_lg6qqdBXl21qa4yas.gif

(Fuck it, enough pussy-footing bullshit, let's just do it mate! You and me will organise it. Fucking mint Manc night out in the summer sun, plenty of crash room for free lodgings and who knows, we might even apply for permission to call it an officially recognised Main Meet™.)
CHEEZMO™;158158618 said:
manc village meet pls
tumblr_lntc6tzjyl1qbgfne.gif

(All the boys try to touch my sexy bum and it weirds me out.)

We will obviously be going to somewhere in the village at some point in the night.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Nice to meet up with Mike tonight, good seeing you buddy!

(Fuck it, enough pussy-footing bullshit, let's just do it mate! You and me will organise it. Fucking mint Manc night out in the summer sun, plenty of crash room for free lodgings and who knows, we might even apply for permission to call it an officially recognised Main Meet™.)

tumblr_lntc6tzjyl1qbgfne.gif

(All the boys try to touch my sexy bum and it weirds me out.)

We will obviously be going to somewhere in the village at some point in the night.

No. All night :) yes, let's arrange something - find out if the Southern folk would be interested.

Well, Southern folk....are you interested?

-
Morning ye's. Off to Leeds today for meetings and such. I think it's going to be a busy train and I have a laptop wheelie case. Grumble.

How's everyone?

The_Poet

Banned
No. All night :) yes, let's arrange something - find out if the Southern folk would be interested.

Depends when
-
Morning ye's. Off to Leeds today for meetings and such. I think it's going to be a busy train and I have a laptop wheelie case. Grumble.

How's everyone?

Been trying to avoid Bloodborne information but even people at work have been talking loudly about it.

Symphonia

Banned
Sploats, if you're going anywhere near the Woodhouse area in Leeds, I highly recommend giving Boss Burgers a visit. Some of the best burgers I've tried have come from that place.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Depends when

Been trying to avoid Bloodborne information but even people at work have been talking loudly about it.

CLOSE EARS CLOSE CLOSE!

I dunno. A few months to six months. Maybe?

Sploats, if you're going anywhere near the Woodhouse area in Leeds, I highly recommend giving Boss Burgers a visit. Some of the best burgers I've tried have come from that place.

I don't eat the meat, dude. But thanks anyway.

Mikeside

-

How's everyone?

I'm in pending dates

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Oh and thanks lunch box/reknoc for pointing out the karaoke bar. That and the cat cafe are the next on NY list of Nottingham things to do

Mother of god... How did I not know this was a thing here.

I don't think I could go there. Something about being with other peoples pets makes me weirdly nervous lol

OH MAN, other peoples pets are the bes thing, you get all the fun of playing with them without the responsibility.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm in pending dates

End of June, BritGAF Meetup™ XIV innit.

Boss activity! We can start off in an LGBT bar, then go to an LGBT restaurant and then to an LGBT club and an LGBT after club. Then to an LGBT takeaway and you guys can go to the gay sauna afterwards to wind down. Sound good?

Had no idea you were vegetarian. Apologies, Sploatster.

Hey it's no biggie. I'm not really a vegetarian, I just decided at Christmas to stop eating meat and so far so good. I still eat fish (for now, but maybe next Christmas I'll stop that too).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I honestly think the number should be dropped from the britgaf meet since it seems that we've hit a point that there have been so many people are now reluctant to join in. In fact I probably wouldn't call it a britgaf meet either as that name is to closely associated with this community.

Something simple like "GAF meet in xyz location. All are welcome!" That should hopefully attract more people who haven't attended these things.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
End of June, BritGAF Meetup™ XIV innit.

Lets all go see Flying Lotus in Manchester

but you might fuss them in a way they don't like or accidentally kick them and feel real bad :(((((

Nothing worse than accidentally hitting or stepping on an kitty you didn't see :( the noise cuts right through me and I immediately want to rub my face in them to apologies. Then I realise if I do that my face would be cut to fucking ribbons so I just back away.

Boss activity! We can start off in an LGBT bar, then go to an LGBT restaurant and then to an LGBT club and an LGBT after club. Then to an LGBT takeaway and you guys can go to the gay sauna afterwards to wind down. Sound good?

Sounds like a great night. Good to get variation in with your LGBT venues, you don't always just want a night club.

Yeah I'd be down for a Manc meet end of June, I'll probably be too busy to sort out arranging one down here anyway.

Would be good to get a load more newbies along, agree with Beej about losing the BritGaf bit as people may well think it just relates to people who frequent this thread.

Mikeside

I honestly think the number should be dropped from the britgaf meet since it seems that we've hit a point that there have been so many people are now reluctant to join in. In fact I probably wouldn't call it a britgaf meet either as that name is to closely associated with this community.

Something simple like "GAF meet in xyz location. All are welcome!" That should hopefully attract more people who haven't attended these things.

Another elitist who doesn't want an Official Meet outside of London.

You sicken me.

Skele7on

Banned
sounds like we're setting up a honey pot.

I would be up for Manc maybe, but I probably wouldn't stay over.

But depends if I can swing it with the GF! Get your "WHIPPED" comments ready.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Well look. I'm happy to try and arrange it but this

Sounds like a great night. Good to get variation in with your LGBT venues, you don't always just want a night club.

Is a very likely outcome. I'm naturally a bit edgy in straight places so I go where I'm comfortable, which isn't really fair on the straight people.

I imagine Owen Bowen will want to go to hipstery places that sell flashy drinks and play music by artists like Azamony and Mary Berry. :p so let's try and find somewhere in between. Anyone got any preferences?

Bowen, I'm thinking the Temple as a compromise venue, maybe Fab Cafe for a bit as its a nerd bar and (I hope I'm not being presumptuous) we are mostly generally nerdy and then gay places? I don't know. I'm actually pretty heterophobic :-(

Edit - actually a canal St crawl would be pretty fun

Well look. I'm happy to try and arrange it but this

Is a very likely outcome. I'm naturally a bit edgy in straight places so I go where I'm comfortable, which isn't really fair on the straight people.

I imagine Owen Bowen will want to go to hipstery places that sell flashy drinks and play music by artists like Azamony and Mary Berry. :p so let's try and find somewhere in between. Anyone got any preferences?

Bowen, I'm thinking the Temple as a compromise venue, maybe Fab Cafe for a bit as its a nerd bar and (I hope I'm not being presumptuous) we are mostly generally nerdy and then gay places? I don't know. I'm actually pretty heterophobic :-(

Edit - actually a canal St crawl would be pretty fun

I'd actually prefer to go to a gay club ta

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
One of the best clubs back at home was a LGBT club. Open all night, open fireplaces on like an outside patio area (which was great back when I used to smoke) Great people and atmosphere. No joke, I had a lovely conversation with a guy called Stephanie once.

I've fallen into the dark endless hole that is searching the web for stock photos and some of them don't make any sense which begs the question, what's the weirdest stock photo you can find, people?

I mean, why would anyone need to use this...

strangestockphoto-thumb-400x266-129.jpg

bad idea. what if hitler turns up? that'd be your fault, that would. well done.

can i vote against manchester? already too many gaffers here, you may as well call it gafchester. mangaf.

no let's do it! i might turn up! oh my goodness no. i'm already scared. eek.

also yay look that's my name that is oh my:

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'd be up for Manchester.

Acefish!

bad idea. what if hitler turns up? that'd be your fault, that would. well done.

can i vote against manchester? already too many gaffers here, you may as well call it gafchester. mangaf.

no let's do it! i might turn up! oh my goodness no. i'm already scared. eek.

also yay look that's my name that is oh my:

Woo!

Gay clubs have a far more relaxed atmosphere than hetero clubs. There's just a lack of them in the Birmingham area, which sucks.

Yeah .

One of the best clubs back at home was a LGBT club. Open all night, open fireplaces on like an outside patio area (which was great back when I used to smoke) Great people and atmosphere. No joke, I had a lovely conversation with a guy called Stephanie once.

I've fallen into the dark endless hole that is searching the web for stock photos and some of them don't make any sense which begs the question, what's the weirdest stock photo you can find, people?

I mean, why would anyone need to use this...

strangestockphoto-thumb-400x266-129.jpg

Are you sure she was a guy? Might just have been trans, you know.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Are you sure she was a guy? Might just have been trans, you know.

Mhmm I'm sure. Spoke to him for a while. Dresses up at the weekend and goes out with all his trans friends who were all great! He didn't attempt to act like a woman as he apparently only got into cross dressing quite recently because he felt unsure of himself for years.

Like I said, great people :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Mhmm I'm sure. Spoke to him for a while. Dresses up at the weekend and goes out with all his trans friends who were all great! He didn't attempt to act like a woman as he apparently only got into cross dressing quite recently because he felt unsure of himself for years.

Like I said, great people :)

Cool :)

Yes I was on trans defence watch :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I would like to suggest Brighton for the next meet up.

Maybe not for the next one...it's the South again, isn't it?

Also, nice to meet you. You weren't as scary as I thought. You were actually quite nice. Emma also said you were nice and she enjoyed talking to you.

Skele7on

Banned

Also, nice to meet you. You weren't as scary as I thought. You were actually quite nice. Emma also said you were nice and she enjoyed talking to you.

oh and the rest of us were bastards.

I get it, I see your game!

I would like a summer meet in Brighton, Sunny Beach relaxed atmosphere really cool place!

It was nice to meet both you and E as well. I'm not a particularly scary person, I'm not sure how I gave you that impression. Glad to dispel it anyway.

Symphonia

Banned
All this talk of meets depresses me. Given past altercations with certain members who attend pretty much every meet, it's a safe bet that I'd be unwelcome there and run the risk of walking away with a black eye or broken nose. It's fun to read the follow up stories of your escapades, mind.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
oh and the rest of us were bastards.

I get it, I see your game!

I would like a summer meet in Brighton, Sunny Beach relaxed atmosphere really cool place!

No! You were also lovely but I knew that already! I was scared of zomg because he shouted at me because of Dark Souls.

Edit - and it was all in my head, like most things.

But Brighton is in the souuuuuuuttttthhhhhhhhhhhhh

its also harder than London to get to from Manc

The_Poet

Banned
Shame we didnt really get the chance to talk sploat, there was a lack of Souls chat.

How about we all meet each other halfway and have the meet in Bournemouth? :)

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Fucking Estate Agents. Is anyone here an Estate Agent? If so can I direct the anger that's inside of me at the moment to you?

Come on now don't be shy.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Shame we didnt really get the chance to talk sploat, there was a lack of Souls chat.

How about we all meet each other halfway and have the meet in Bournemouth? :)

Isn't Bournemouth even Souther?

Seriously. The North seems to be like daylight to a vampire to you guys. It's not that bad! You can get a train from London to Manc in 2 hours. Our drinks and lodgings are half the price of yours!

at the manc meet up will there be a strict leather hat, string vest, tight pant policy?

Only for you, cutie poo.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Top Bottom