• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Make your own. You can stuff the meat with onions and peppers or cheese or whatever you want. Much more satisfying. I made stuffed sausages last night, they were a lot bigger than yours, Daps.

NinjaBoiX

Just got WiFi at home finally, I feel like I just emerged from a technological coma.

I'm going to have a big, fat, juicy Netflix double cheeseburger tonight to celebrate.

"Just like you are, mother."

He said you're cheap, greasy and delicious. I think it was a compliment. Then he seems to call you a mother fucker, I assume that's what that was short for. Real mixed signals tbh.

It was quite simple. I enjoyed the burger, insulted Jackben's mother and wound up lameass boring grammar goons all at once. It's a art.

It's a frilly costume drama, you should have known better

Half an hour in, I was like

kGxdYtP.gif

yayy post-nintendo sirect gaf, full of threads about dlc plastic toys, some weird crap they've ruined fire emblem with, flogging mario kart and smash bros. still because that's all they have and another opportunity to buy games that are old and play like shit.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
yayy post-nintendo sirect gaf, full of threads about dlc plastic toys, some weird crap they've ruined fire emblem with, flogging mario kart and smash bros. still because that's all they have and another opportunity to buy games that are old and play like shit.

Hey man, what's wrong with nintendo?

Reknoc

don't worry i'm sure they'll all be pushed off the first page by more inane bloodborne threads.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I don't play dark souls

I don't play demon souls

I'm not really sure what Bloodborne is but Michael Noffles posted on his Facebook about it and it looks like some mmorpg wankfest

NEogaf

Symphonia

Banned
Why wouldn't they push Mario Kart and Smash Bros? Both games are some of the highest-selling titles available, and they're both awesome fun. The 200CC mode will be a pain what with the elastic band AI, but it's all good fun. And Smash Bros is, well, Smash Bros. It's the game that keeps on giving.

Hey man, what's wrong with nintendo?

garyoldmansaying'EVERYONE'butinthiscasemeans'EVERYTHING'.gif

i don't mind nintendo, i just dislike unadulterated fun. and coy dlc tactics.

also nice email address.

Why wouldn't they push Mario Kart and Smash Bros? Both games are some of the highest-selling titles available, and they're both awesome fun. The 200CC mode will be a pain what with the elastic band AI, but it's all good fun. And Smash Bros is, well, Smash Bros. It's the game that keeps on giving.

well yeah i mean on a console devoid of third party support and a handheld they've basically put down prematurely, adding a new difficulty is an exciting prospect.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Why do you even care?

Mario Kart is the best kart racer of all time. Finally surpassing CTR and Blur, especially with the new free 200CC update.

Smash Bros and Amiibos are total shit though.

Reknoc

Why do you even care?

Mario Kart is the best kart racer of all time. Finally surpassing CTR and Blur, especially with the new free 200CC update.

Smash Bros and Amiibos are total shit though.

You're wrong. Those new Yoshi Amiibos are the greatest things ever.

Also Smash Bros. is p.good I guess.

Reknoc

nobody is allowed to enjoy the things i don't, obviously.

whilst mario kart is great, being 'the best kart racer of all time' is a ridiculously easy feat. like, the category is full of such utter rubbish that you may as well call skyrim a contender.

Yea, best racing game would be more impressive but sadly as much as EA are trying to prove otherwise we don't live in a Burnoutless world so Mario Kart just doesn't quite make it.

Y8CQqfF.png

no

No idea how I ended up in here tbh, I greatly dislike British people, especially PrematureQuiche

Hang around, I'm sure we can change your mind. We could do with another Yank to keep Jackben company.

I'm assuming you're a Yank, I actually have no idea. Where are you from?

Yea, best racing game would be more impressive but sadly as much as EA are trying to prove otherwise we don't live in a Burnoutless world so Mario Kart just doesn't quite make it.
exactly.
also gran turismo 37 has accurately modelled suspension gear ratio torques, detailed modelled engine simula-

sorry i fell asleep due to utter boredom. good thing i was driving on a quiet country lane.

i actually like burnout. and splitshift? spitshine? shiftshaft? the one where the track blew up every so often to wake me up again. pulse? pure? dark souls?

Checkmate atheists.

you need to recompile that:

Code:
               Is a big dumb poo
Mario Kart 8       ✓
Bloodborne

NinjaBoiX

Hey show me your skeleton, sploatee invited me out for coffee on her lunch break and just text me to ask if you fancy coming.
Hang around, I'm sure we can change your mind. We could do with another Yank to keep Jackben company.

Woody ain't no Yank.

(He's Scandinavian I think, at least his name sounds it.)

Edit: and just for Cy:

They don't even fit.

Edit 2: also skeleton, the game you are looking for in your spoiler is Split/Second and yeah, it's mint. The same studio that did Pure, another one of the best games last gen.

RIP Black Rock.

NinjaBoiX

6 Music is the only station really worth listening to; funny, informative and great music. They bang on about Manchester all the time too. Fucking Media City cunts. Gets a bit wanky at times but eh.

They used to play Smooth in the workshop at work, drove me insane. The same 10 limp, dreary, inoffensive love songs repeated every day interspersed with horribly twice the amount of irritating adverts. It's radio is for people with no imagination.
god damn charge your phone
I just woke up mane, posting in here was the first thing I did with my day.

Check your privilege or some shit.

(I forgot to put it on charge last night.)

Haha much closer to you, Denmark. Although at the moment I'm in the phillipines for 4 more months (already been here 2 which seems to have gone past quick). Been to England enough times, it's not much different from Denmark other than size.

Hey show me your skeleton, sploatee invited me out for coffee on her lunch break and just text me to ask if you fancy coming.

Woody ain't no Yank.

(He's Scandinavian I think, at least his name sounds it.)

m8 we're facebook friends and everything! Did you see I was at the hospital the other day? Pro tip: Don't eat food they prepare on small boats in the middle of el nido. I didn't eat again for 7 days.

Reknoc

The only time I used to listen to 6 Music was for the Adam & Joe show, with the occasional listen now and then. So far my only gripe is the dude who does the morning show is kinda terrible, and they seem to have auto sound adjustment when they talk over background music which is annoying. Good music though.

We have Gem FM on in the office, it's... not terrible, there's an occasionally a good song between all the garbage pop stuff.

edit: I can never forget to charge my phone over night, it's my alarm and I don't trust iPhone's battery life enough to survive all night.

Haha much closer to you, Denmark. Although at the moment I'm in the phillipines for 4 more months (already been here 2 which seems to have gone past quick). Been to England enough times, it's not much different from Denmark other than size.

In that case I'm really sorry for calling you a Yank, didn't mean to lump you in with that lot.

I really want to go to Denmark, already done Finland and Norway. My bloke wants to go to Hamburg at some point so I figure we can pop over while we're there. I'll hit you up for some recommendations when we go.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah man, so much good music on that station, they've introduced me to some fantastic new bands. Also, The Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show and Cerys Matthews Sunday Roast are the two best shows on the radio.
m8 we're facebook friends and everything! Did you see I was at the hospital the other day? Pro tip: Don't eat food they prepare on small boats in the middle of el nido. I didn't eat again for 7 days.
Nah mate, I must have missed that!

Glad you lost some weight through it though, every cloud and all that.
How can you live with all those icons!?
I clear them pretty regularly, it does my head in too. I really should clear some storage space to get rid of that "storage full" one permanently.

Also you had me scrawling through Bowen's friend list just now to find you. Wasn't hard, that is a pretty Scandinavian name you got there.

Edit 2: also skeleton, the game you are looking for in your spoiler is Split/Second and yeah, it's mint. The same studio that did Pure, another one of the best games last gen.

RIP Black Rock.

aw that is lovely but i am at work all day (practically, 8:00 to 7:00 today wahhh) and i get a 30 minute lunch break haha, so not ideal! tell her thanks though!

and YES that game was ace. i was so excited to go to brighton because of that studio only to find it had closed, ha. thanks obama disney.

and they seem to have auto sound adjustment when they talk over background music which is annoying. Good music though.

every station has that, it's called sidechain compression or 'ducking', as the music 'ducks' below the vocals. i guess that station has a particularly harsh attack on the compression so you notice/feel it more.

I did a site for a station called Sam FM that launched yesterday. I like an unusual station name.

My listening tends to be Absolute (normal and the decades), XFM, R1 for Mills and a bit of R4. I don't mind some of the more pop and popular stations, but I find it harder to listen to them for longer with the repeats.

On the compression/talking over music stuff, there's also the issue of 'faderwanking', where presenters do the fade down a bit, say some words, fade up, unnecessary pause, fade down for more words, etc and do it so much that it's like we get it you can use a fader, calm down. I believe faderwanking is a technical term.

Reknoc

I did a site for a station called Sam FM that launched yesterday. I like an unusual station name.

My listening tends to be Absolute (normal and the decades), XFM, R1 for Mills and a bit of R4. I don't mind some of the more pop and popular stations, but I find it harder to listen to them for longer with the repeats.

On the compression/talking over music stuff, there's also the issue of 'faderwanking', where presenters do the fade down a bit, say some words, fade up, unnecessary pause, fade down for more words, etc and do it so much that it's like we get it you can use a fader, calm down. I believe faderwanking is a technical term.

Yea, that's pretty much exactly what they do. and it's like, just keep the music lower? Especially if they're not doing it off the tail end of the song that's been playing. Really annoying with headphones.

NinjaBoiX

Skeleton, me and sploat are going to be right around the corner from you at Barbirolli Sq from 2pm if you change your mind!
to be honest 'radio dj' should be the next vocation to be replaced with a computer.
You're listening to the wrong shows chief, Stuart Maconie's show is hilarious.

"Tea Time Theme Time"!

Top Bottom