• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
whatsapp is too fast for people with lives and fuck you all for making me rejoin it just to see that I haven't read 500 messages you bastards

NinjaBoiX

Woo! Summer Manc Meet!
I imagine Owen Bowen will want to go to hipstery places that sell flashy drinks and play music by artists like Azamony and Mary Berry. :p so let's try and find somewhere in between. Anyone got any preferences?
Suggestions? OK, here's a few:

Food:

Dough (Italian, amazing pizza)
Turtle Bay (Caribbean food, burgers and stuff)
Katsouris (deli, great sandwiches)
Akbar's (quality Indian)
Try Thai (excellent Thai place)

Bars:

Fab Café (for sci-fi nerds)
Grand Central (for metal heads)
Gullivers (just a pub really, might be a good band on)
Apotheca (amazing cocktails. Usher came in last Sunday, he popped his colla)
Corbiers (looks like a cave, great jukebox)
Thirsty Scholar (just a good venue, open mic nights and such)
The Courtyard (student bar, cheap as chips)
Tiger Lounge (basement bar, tiki style)

Clubs:

Sankeys (Sankeys!)
Sound Control (three floors, loads of different music)
Mint Lounge (funk, soul and R&B, we'll get in for nowt and probably free/cheap drinks)
Bowen, I'm thinking the Temple as a compromise venue, maybe Fab Cafe for a bit as its a nerd bar and (I hope I'm not being presumptuous) we are mostly generally nerdy and then gay places? I don't know. I'm actually pretty heterophobic :-(
I love Temple but we'd probably pack the place out on our own mate!
A Canal St crawl would be pretty fun
Definitely up for a few drinks in the village but there are too many good places in town to stay there all night.
I'm naturally a bit edgy in straight places so I go where I'm comfortable, which isn't really fair on the straight people.
I tend to feel a little uncomfortable in gay bars truth be told; my boyish good looks, enviable fashion sense and "Jack the lad" charm often attracts unwanted male attention.

:|

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Woo! Summer Manc Meet!

Suggestions? OK, here's a few:

Food:

Dough (Italian, amazing pizza)
Turtle Bay (Caribbean food, burgers and stuff)
Katsouris (deli, great sandwiches)
Akbar's (quality Indian)
Try Thai (excellent Thai place)

Bars:

Fab Café (for sci-fi nerds)
Grand Central (for metal heads)
Gullivers (just a pub really, might be a good band on)
Apotheca (amazing cocktails. Usher came in last Sunday, he popped his colla)
Corbiers (looks like a cave, great jukebox)
Thirsty Scholar (just a good venue, open mic nights and such)
The Courtyard (student bar, cheap as chips)
Tiger Lounge (basement bar, tiki style)

Clubs:

Sankeys (Sankeys!)
Sound Control (three floors, loads of different music)
Mint Lounge (funk, soul and R&B, we'll get in for nowt and probably free/cheap drinks)

I love Temple but we'd probably pack the place out on our own mate!

Definitely up for a few drinks in the village but there are too many good places in town to stay there all night.

I tend to feel a little uncomfortable in gay bars truth be told; my boyish good looks, enviable fashion sense and "Jack the lad" charm often attracts unwanted male attention.

:|

I don't really like any of those nightclubs. I was thinking more go to a few straight bars and then crawl the random bars in the village. I'm not sure we are gonna reach a compromise :-(

At this stage of my life I guess I'm just not that comfy in hetero clubs. Sorry to be all introverty but if I'm being honest I feel like a freakish alien when I'm around all the normal people and I just want to go back to the safe place for all the freaks, nerds and queers. Maybe I'll just come for a bit and then you can do the hip hop happening stuff. I don't really care about that kind of stuff right now. To tell you the truth id rather go to a cheesy pop place full of gays, drink vodka slushies and dance to Katy Perry with that bloke called Stephanie. Maybe I'll feel more comfy with all the 'cis hets' in a year or two. It's just not for me at the moment.

I agree with you on dough and Akbar's though, both delicious. You really rate Turtle Bay that highly? I thought it was ooookkkkkkk.

And don't forget Dimitri's. It'd be nice to sit around wih everyone and chomp tapas.

And Moose the day after :)

I'll let the people decide and I'll just pop along for a bit.

CHEEZ lets go to the village

Mikeside

Instead of going to gay or straight bars, lets go to one that makes no specific sexuality discrimination.

Do you know any like that?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
CHEEZMO™;158313919 said:
k

for the record i am okay with also patronising cishet shitlord entertainment establishments

I didn't mean at the meet - lets go separately. Not sure if I was clear or not.

Mike - the meet should be at straight places, it's not really fair just cos I'm a weirdo! I'll come for a bit and then scoot off for a cup of tea and Question Time.

Mikeside

I didn't mean at the meet - lets go separately. Not sure if I was clear or not.

Mike - the meet should be at straight places, it's not really fair just cos I'm a weirdo! I'll come for a bit and then scoot off for a cup of tea and Question Time.

But that's what I'm saying - they're not 'straight' places - they're just places.

And it was you that invited us up :(

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
But that's what I'm saying - they're not 'straight' places - they're just places.

And it was you that invited us up :(

You're right and I am being a bit inconsistent. I'll have a sleep and I'm sure it will work itself out. I think I'm a bit distracted by 'personal life things' so I'm probably a bit garbled. Sorry to be a bit of a numpty. In fact, I'm gonna do the 'step away from GAF for a bit' thing because I promised myself I'd post less and seem to be doing the opposite! There's a world out there and I'd like to see it.

I should be part of this group... I'm not but I should be.

Hello!

NinjaBoiX

Turtle Bay isn't amazing or anything sploat, but it's pretty cheap, serves a decent burger and you can get two really good strong cocktails for under £7 before 7pm!
Instead of going to gay or straight bars, lets go to one that makes no specific sexuality discrimination.
I'm not sure I'd go that far, I've never felt discriminated going into a gay bar. But for all my joking about being like gayboy catnip, I have been, um, "advanced upon amorously" a few times in the village.

I guess you could say it's flattering, but yeah, felt a bit weird as a booby loving breeder. Those guys ain't shy if they fancy a bit!

I'm well up for gay bars, it's a laugh don't get me wrong, but in my experience a straight dude in a gay bar is more likely to feel like a fish out of water than the other way around. It's not the 1950's any more.
Basically this.
I should be part of this group... I'm not but I should be.
You should man!

"Fresh fish, fresh fish..."

Mikeside

Turtle Bay isn't amazing or anything sploat, but it's pretty cheap, serves a decent burger and you can get two really good strong cocktails for under £7 before 7pm!

I'm not sure I'd go that far, I've never felt discriminated going into a gay bar. But for all my joking about being like gayboy catnip, I have been, um, "advanced upon amorously" a few times in the village.

I guess you could say it's flattering, but yeah, felt a bit weird as a booby loving breeder. Those guys ain't shy if they fancy a bit!

I'm well up for gay bars, it's a laugh don't get me wrong, but in my experience a straight dude in a gay bar is more likely to feel like a fish out of water than the other way around. It's not the 1950's any more.

Basically this.

You should man!

"Fresh fish, fresh fish..."

That's kind of the joke I'm making - they're all just bars.
It's not like the whites only clubs in days of yore.

Sploat, don't go - I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I just think we can have a lot of fun wherever we end up.

I kinda liked Jed's idea of finding a quiet pub for the next one so we can actually hang out and shoot the shit.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm shocked you never had that before Cheez. Get some culture in ya. Fuck I'm starving for some curry now. Maybe some naan too. Actually scratch that, let's go Mediterranean. Yea a gyro sounds perfect.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member

Take it as a compliment

*slaps arse*

I'd like a quiet pub. We can have a Gastropub meal together, or Wetherspoons curry club.

So exciting.

This is my life every Wednesday. Chicken club (y)

I've only actually had Indian twice at a restaurant, and upon thinking about it I have never actually had an Indian take away

The_Poet

Banned
Started Pillars of Eternity last night. Spent about 2 hours reading all the race and class bio's in the character creator, decided on a feisty elf girl named Lemon
been watching too much 30 rock

Enjoying it so far, its kind of hard to keep up with what's happening in combat sometimes, just need to get used to the UI I guess.

I don't imagine anyone was thinking of seeing that new Alan Rickman film A Little Chaos but I watched it last night (some free screen test thing) and found it aggressively boring. Actually dozed off in the theatre. Give it a miss.

Started Pillars of Eternity last night. Spent about 2 hours reading all the race and class bio's in the character creator, decided on a feisty elf girl named Lemon
been watching too much 30 rock

Enjoying it so far, its kind of hard to keep up with what's happening in combat sometimes, just need to get used to the UI I guess.
yes yessss. me too, made a 'godlike (or whatever they're called) paladin who goes around asking people for money.
ended up getting killed by lots of spiders, ugh.

The_Poet

Banned
yes yessss. me too, made a 'godlike (or whatever they're called) paladin who goes around asking people for money.
ended up getting killed by lots of spiders, ugh.

I didnt get very far, spent too long reading everything, finished the opening camp-site bit, and just got into the ruins.

Im deathly afraid of running into those game breaking bugs I keep hearing about

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I didnt get very far, spent too long reading everything, finished the opening camp-site bit, and just got into the ruins.

Im deathly afraid of running into those game breaking bugs I keep hearing about

That's why I'm giving it six months. Mods and patches will fix up the problems of what sounds like an incredible game.

NinjaBoiX

Just grabbed a double cheeseburger from Maccy's, "3 star" crew member served me:

"Just a double cheeseburger please."

"£3"

"You mean £1.49?"

"Oh yeah."

*give the guy a fiver, he takes literally about two minutes to sort my change staring intently at the till after every coin; three pounds, a 50p piece and a penny. Stares at his palm checking it once again*

"That's right, come on man! Sorry, I'm just in a rush"

(looks at me blankly for another few seconds)

"So, burger mate?"

"Oh yeah!"

Of course he gave me a single cheeseburger.

I didn't have the energy to go back in.

How do these people not fall over all the time?

Mikeside

Just grabbed a double cheeseburger from Maccy's, "3 star" crew member served me:

"Just a double cheeseburger please."

"£3"

"You mean £1.49?"

"Oh yeah."

*give the guy a fiver, he takes literally about two minutes to sort my change staring intently at the till after every coin; three pounds, a 50p piece and a penny. Stares at his palm checking it once again*

"That's right, come on man! Sorry, I'm just in a rush"

(looks at me blankly for another few seconds)

"So, burger mate?"

"Oh yeah!"

Of course he gave me a single cheeseburger.

I didn't have the energy to go back in.

How do these people not fall over all the time?

That's what you get when you live in the north.

Top Bottom