• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

NinjaBoiX

So a few of my mates have our monthly Wine Club Club at Proof tomorrow, but I'm unsure how to proceed. Basically Spridge asked about going a few weeks ago, before anyone else, but she doesn't get on with Daniella because of some lame, catty, schoolyard bullshit that I can't even be bothered to go into. Eilidh isn't the biggest fan of Spridge for a fairly legit reason to be fair, and Chrissy, ever the diplomat, doesn't want to get caught up in the middle.

So that leaves me caught up in the middle.

I just want to go and have some tasty beverages and a bit craic with some pals but crazy broads and their petty squabbles gotta complicate matters.

6SVUAM6.jpg

Wimin.

NinjaBoiX

ninja I swear to god your thread has brought out the tashbrooke angst
Haha, you got kind of angry like chief.

Cheers for the support though, you and Mike.
it's a pretty dirty idea for a thread to be honest.
Not really, the whole thing is laid out in the OP, I'm not being in the least bit deceitful.

People are free to ignore the offer and keep their work to themselves, free market and all that.

Not really, the whole thing is laid out in the OP, I'm not being in the least bit deceitful.

People are free to ignore the offer and keep their work to themselves, free market and all that.

While true, it's pretty poor form to not be offering anything for this. If it was just some personal project that's fair enough but it's for a business which makes money and so to not be sharing that with the person who creates the business' identity is, well, I'm sure you can appreciate that it's a bit shitty.

Mikeside

While true, it's pretty poor form to not be offering anything for this. If it was just some personal project that's fair enough but it's for a business which makes money and so to not be sharing that with the person who creates the business' identity is, well, I'm sure you can appreciate that it's a bit shitty.

Except he's paying the person who he uses the design from.

I'm sure you can appreciate that it's a bit shitty to offer an opinion when you're totally uniformed.

Not sure it demanded such a fuss honestly.

You're right, we should have the exact same debate in TWO threads!

-

In other news, beat Hotline Miami 2 on Hard difficulty today. Satisfying to do, strangely some of the hardest levels were easier the second time round despite having more enemies, less ammo and no lock on. Certain bits were rage inducing however, in a way I have never raged. If you take the idea that a fairy dies every time someone says the word "fuck" "shit" or "cunt" and apply it to my sessions last week I pretty much holocausted the fairies.

Symphonia

Banned
Don't argue with logic, man. It's clearly acceptable these days to request work off people with no indication of how much you'll pay them and no guarantee you'll pay them at all. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Ninj always comes across as a decent guy, I trust he would deal with the matter in a fair way. All his responses to the complaints (many of which are reasonable) seemed reasonable.

But hey, drama. This is britgaf.

EDIT: Well, ok, it does take a bit of a turn by the end of the thread, but there you go.

Mikeside

Don't argue with logic, man. It's clearly acceptable these days to request work off people with no indication of how much you'll pay them and no guarantee you'll pay them at all. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

Funny that you would say that, as you made a commitment to send a secret santa gift but completely stitched up your recipient by not sending anything even though you got sent a gift.

Ninj is a more trustworthy kind of guy.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
I'm back. I feel like an empty husk of a person being back at work after a 6 day break. Seems like I missed an interesting few days here.

Also the Armando Iannucci show is so great.

In other news, beat Hotline Miami 2 on Hard difficulty today. Satisfying to do, strangely some of the hardest levels were easier the second time round despite having more enemies, less ammo and no lock on. Certain bits were rage inducing however, in a way I have never raged. If you take the idea that a fairy dies every time someone says the word "fuck" "shit" or "cunt" and apply it to my sessions last week I pretty much holocausted the fairies.

To be honest I had a harder time playing the game on the 1st run through on the normal difficultly than on hard, the larger levels took me ages to get used to. I really enjoyed it on hard though I'm sure my house mates didn't appreciate my sporadic yelling at 1 in the morning while playing it.

You're right, we should have the exact same debate in TWO threads!

Yeah, sorry, I didn't read the other one beyond the OP and a quick scan for funny pics. I'm sure I'm adding nothing new to the debate there.

We could talk about Mikeside's hilarious grudge instead, the guy legit has issues!

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Issues of What Car? Magazine

hahahahahaha great reference.

Finished Bloodborne last night. It blows Dark Souls out of the water. Some of the enemies towards the very end are absolutely disgusting. Sick. There are a few areas where it could be improved (Matthewmatosis' suggestion list goes a bit far but is a good approximation of potential changes) but overall a top game.

Where do you come from? Portishead, a once small town near Bristol. For some reason everyone seems to want to move here. God knows why.
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Currently doing a year long placement at an IT company. Starting my final year of Uni in September.
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? World domination of course.
Favourite daytime TV show? Oh God. Uhh...Bargain Hunt.
Fish or chips? Chips.
Daddy or chips? Chips > Anything else.
What's your tipple of choice? Ice cold pint of Fosters on a hot day. Can't beat it.
Favourite party snack? Cheese and pineapple. Party sausages a close second.
Who is the best bald person? Pierluigi Collina. Jesse Eisenberg a close second.
What's your disappointing claim to fame? Kelsey Grammar has used the same Costa as me.
What's your perfect Sunday? Sleep -> Pub -> Sunday roast -> Film/Game time -> Sleep

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Where do you come from? Portishead, a once small town near Bristol. For some reason everyone seems to want to move here. God knows why.
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Currently doing a year long placement at an IT company. Starting my final year of Uni in September.
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? World domination of course.
Fish or chips? Chips.
What's your tipple of choice? Ice cold pint of Fosters on a hot day. Can't beat it.
What's your disappointing claim to fame? Kelsey Grammar has used the same Costa as me.
What's your perfect Sunday? Sleep -> Pub -> Sunday roast -> Film/Game time -> Sleep

Welcome!

You came in at a good time to experience the true nature of Britgaf: drama.

The_Poet

Banned
Fish or chips? Chips.

Pretty sure 50% of us work in IT, the rest wish they did.

Bargain hunt is quality programming.

Top Bottom