• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Dont forget paedophilia and knife play.

Grandpa_e3efae_976974.gif

Not yet unfortunately, just on JSA at the moment :/

How is the JSA experience these days?

I was on it for a bit and I had to stop because it was soul-destroying. I ended up just eating into my meager savings rather than have to go to that place and talk to those people.

Vashetti

Banned
How is the JSA experience these days?

I was on it for a bit and I had to stop because it was soul-destroying. I ended up just eating into my meager savings rather than have to go to that place and talk to those people.

Me and my partner have been absolutely blessed both periods of time that we have had to be on JSA.

Absolutely lovely people who seem sincere in wanting to help us out. I think as long you are sincere in showing them you want work, and treat them with respect, they'll give you respect back.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Me and my partner have been absolutely blessed both periods of time that we have had to be on JSA.

Absolutely lovely people who seem sincere in wanting to help us out. I think as long you are sincere in showing them you want work, and treat them with respect, they'll give you respect back.

This reads like when white people in the USA try to defend police assaults on innocent black people. I'm not 100% serious, but you should be grateful that you didn't experience the dark side of it.

I wish you luck with your job hunt though!

That's awesome. It's really nice to hear that at least somewhere the system's working like it should.

Both times I've claimed (at two different Job Centres) the staff have just been totally uninterested, and combined with the other elements of going there it just made me miserable. Being unemployed is hard enough on a person's state of mind without the added extra shit you get from them making you feel like a cunt.

Mikeside

That's awesome. It's really nice to hear that at least somewhere the system's working like it should.

Both times I've claimed (at two different Job Centres) the staff have just been totally uninterested, and combined with the other elements of going there it just made me miserable. Being unemployed is hard enough on a person's state of mind without the added extra shit you get from them making you feel like a cunt.

Absolutely right, but it's tricky building a system that supports people without becoming easily exploited.

I hope the next few years will show great improvement in the service, but I honestly doubt it due to all the sponges

Absolutely right, but it's tricky building a system that supports people without becoming easily exploited.

I hope the next few years will show great improvement in the service, but I honestly doubt it due to all the sponges

I'm not sure the Job Centre is going to good places over the next few years to be honest, when the "big new plan" for it is to embark on a program of literal slavery.

Mikeside

I'm not sure the Job Centre is going to good places over the next few years to be honest, when the "big new plan" for it is to embark on a program of literal slavery.

That's a little over the top.
I don't entirely agree with it, but it's better to give people opportunities to gain experience (and actually contribute to society) than send them to endless interviews for jobs barely relevant to their experience or interests.

That's a little over the top.
I don't entirely agree with it, but it's better to give people opportunities to gain experience (and actually contribute to society) than send them to endless interviews for jobs barely relevant to their experience or interests.

It's making people work and not paying them ;)

My problem with it comes back to how I felt when I was on JSA, which was basically "useless." Under this new system I'd be working however many hours a week and someone would be telling me that I'm doing a great job, except not great enough that it's worth paying me for it. That's not going to make me feel better about looking for work, it's not going to make me feel more confident going into interviews.

Symphonia

Banned
Going by GAF's logic (or at least some of GAF) that kind of business logic is acceptable. You know, despite me never having had a single client take the same approach as that. Ha, do the work then we'll settle on a fee? Good luck with that.

Glad that you're having a better experience than myself a couple of years back. It wasn't until 6 weeks in I actually talked to someone useful. By he following week I had signed off. The whole system felt under funded and resourced, can't be an easy job.

Anyway I hope you find something soon Vashetti!

Mikeside

My problem with it comes back to how I felt when I was on JSA, which was basically "useless." Under this new system I'd be working however many hours a week and someone would be telling me that I'm doing a great job, except not great enough that it's worth paying me for it. That's not going to make me feel better about looking for work, it's not going to make me feel more confident going into interviews.

You mean they're going to stop paying jobseeker's allowance AND make you work?
You'll be working and getting experience which will give you something to put on your CV so you can actually get off of JSA.

It's not a perfect system, but it's better than what we currently have.

Mikeside

Going by GAF's logic (or at least some of GAF) that kind of business logic is acceptable. You know, despite me never having had a single client take the same approach as that. Ha, do the work then we'll settle on a fee? Good luck with that.

If you can't see the difference between approaching a professional graphic designer about getting a logo designed for your company and asking a gaming forum if they'll help you out then that's your problem, bud.

NinjaBoiX

"For someone who sent an iPhone to Nigeria for no payment you sure are smug about business transactions."

Love,

jimbor

x

Stubo

I'm personally not a big fan of the terms as they were laid out, but people have submitted things based on those terms and that's their decision. I respect their choice to help, maybe they want to do it for free or regardless of the size of the fee for various reasons - that's up to them.

Pretty much all there is to it for me, aside from some rather mean remarks thrown around. It feels like it should never have escalated as much as it has.

You mean they're going to stop paying jobseeker's allowance AND make you work?
You'll be working and getting experience which will give you something to put on your CV so you can actually get off of JSA.

It's not a perfect system, but it's better than what we currently have.

There's a difference between withholding someone's benefits unless they work, and paying someone to work.

If there are all these jobs out there for people to do to get JSA, then people should just be given them as jobs. Slightly harder for Osborne to balance the books then, though.

RiggyRob

I'm personally not a big fan of the terms as they were laid out, but people have submitted things based on those terms and that's their decision. I respect their choice to help, maybe they want to do it for free or regardless of the size of the fee for various reasons - that's up to them.

Pretty much all there is to it for me, aside from some rather mean remarks thrown around. It feels like it should never have escalated as much as it has.

thisisBritGAF.gif

Symphonia

Banned
"For someone who sent an iPhone to Nigeria for no payment you sure are smug about business transactions."

Love,

jimbor

x
Except there's a huge difference between being duped by a legitimate looking scam and what should be a fairly standard, simple business deal. But, eh, it's all tomatos/tomatoes with you guys.

banofypie

Banned
Except there's a huge difference between being duped by a legitimate looking scam and what should be a fairly standard, simple business deal. But, eh, it's all tomatos/tomatoes with you guys.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Symphonia

Banned
Except he did get quite a lot of decent work for free. It's a free market mate.
Until the designers specifically state that he is now able to use the design, they ain't gonna do anything but look real pretty in that thread. Fair enough, some are just looking to expand their portfolio, but a lot were expecting payment for the work put in. And a free market? Graphic design is not a free market, not by a long shot.

ANYWAY, this isn't that thread.

Is it just me or has telly got shit in the last few weeks? Har har har it's always shit, sure, but there's been a few more thing on recently that I've bothered to watch. This week? Nope.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I'm watching TWD finally, season 5 so far is bananas

Until the designers specifically state that he is now able to use the design, they ain't gonna do anything but look real pretty in that thread. Fair enough, some are just looking to expand their portfolio, but a lot were expecting payment for the work put in. And a free market? Graphic design is not a free market, not by a long shot.

Hi CyanideStrike, do you get turned on by fake stories of 13 year old boys fooling around in a tent?

EDIT: Let me clarify for other members, that this was a rhetorical question. because you do CyanideStrike. Because you're a paedo fuck. Unless you fancy opening your Private Messages on Neogaf.com to the public.

I'm watching TWD finally, season 5 so far is bananas

I thought season one of TWD was cool, and I thought season two was really good, and then I started watching season three and I got half way through and there was this bit
where the guy's sat there and the camera pans around he's got like a million jars with heads in or something.
I nearly died laughing and couldn't possibly take it seriously any more. Does it actually get back on track?

I've watched three episodes of Kill la Kill as well and I think I'll probably stop now because it seems to be one of those fucking stupid animes in which tits and ass are way more important than story. Is there really nothing else as good as Attack on Titan?

Mikeside

I don't think you know what free market means

Haven't you been watching any Louis Theroux, JonathanEx?

I've been reminiscing about my school days today because I was bored at work (here http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=159330676) but I love hearing people's school stories. Anyone got any funny ones?

A fat kid at my school choked me unconscious "by accident" at my old school. Knowing his weaknesses I had made fun of his crappy Motorola Razr and he grabbed me from behind. I was leaning back against him jut waiting for him to let go, but in actuality I was leaning against his flab and my feet had left the floor.

Also in my primary school I indirectly contributed to the partial blinding of the Deputy Head by telling my peers in the afterschool creche that paper airplanes flew further and faster if you put a pencil in the nose of the plane.

Vashetti

Banned
Which one?

Also, can we stop with the paedophilia stuff again? Take it to the police or take it fucking somewhere else. You're shitting up the thread.

Exactly, leave him the fuck alone. It's bordering on bullying and ostracisation at this point.

If the mods haven't intervened, then again, leave him the fuck alone. You're not doing much to dissuade the 'clique' mindset this thread is increasingly becoming known for.

Top Bottom