• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

SKINNER!

Banned
30 Rock is really good. I've started S3 and it's pretty funny so far. Tracy Jordan and Frank Rossitano crack me up.

Unbreakable is ok. Kinda a hit and miss for me.

Hobohodo

God damm that Cleric Beast...

This is going to be another Dark Souls 2 where I play for like 16 hours and only best the first boss.

Mikeside

Z just decided she's going to learn to scuba dive so we can do it together.
Hopefully before we go to Iceland would be good.

Only problem is that she wants to learn with PADI (who I'm qualified with), but I was hoping she'd go BSAC so I could re-certify and we'd both be on BSAC (who I think are better)

Any other divers in the group?

RiggyRob

Z just decided she's going to learn to scuba dive so we can do it together.
Hopefully before we go to Iceland would be good.

Only problem is that she wants to learn with PADI (who I'm qualified with), but I was hoping she'd go BSAC so I could re-certify and we'd both be on BSAC (who I think are better)

Any other divers in the group?

Not certified by any means but we went on an open water dive in the Red Sea in January with a PADI instructor I think, I'll have to dig out the leaflet with all the info he gave us.

We went down to 7.5m IIRC, and it was amazing being literally arm's length away from all the coral and fish.

Mikeside

Not certified by any means but we went on an open water dive in the Red Sea in January with a PADI instructor I think, I'll have to dig out the leaflet with all the info he gave us.

We went down to 7.5m IIRC, and it was amazing being literally arm's length away from all the coral and fish.

I'm a PADI diver already so I'm already aware of what that's all about, I'm hoping to get more info on BSAC really.

It is an awesome experience, though, glad you enjoyed - would you consider doing it again/certifying?

RiggyRob

I'm a PADI diver already so I'm already aware of what that's all about, I'm hoping to get more info on BSAC really.

It is an awesome experience, though, glad you enjoyed - would you consider doing it again/certifying?

Not sure about certifying (although it doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult) but I'd definitely consider diving again, especially somewhere like the Great Barrier Reef.

Vashetti

Banned
Anyone know where I'll get the most money for trading all my album CDs in?

A few years ago, you would've had to pry them from me. But nowadays my mindset has changed and I can't actually remember the last time I opened one and took a CD out.

I'll keep a few favourites, but the rest are just clutter gathering dust on the shelf.

A few years ago, you would've had to pry them from me. But nowadays my mindset has changed and I can't actually remember the last time I opened one and took a CD out.

I'll keep a few favourites, but the rest are just clutter gathering dust on the shelf.

musicmagpie is easy to do but pretty damn slow and probably pay you pittance. it was so easy when i got rid of mine that i just thought 'eh' and went through them anyway.

Could try shifting them at a car boot sale, maybe?

Then just ditch the ones that don't sell on musicmagpie or sell a few on amazon if they might have value.

NinjaBoiX

Sell them at your local record shop.

Or if you have shit CD's flog them on the Internet for 10p a pop.

(Don't sell them, you'll make fuck all and wish you still had them in a few months.)

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
sell them, they're a complete waste of space. physical media? ugh.

Nostalgia comes into play here. I still have the very first singles I bought for example.

Purple Pills by D12 on cassette mmhhhmmm

You should definitely get rid of the ones you don't really care about, just burn them to your PC before you do but be prepared to sell them for a pittance regardless of where and how you do it.

The_Poet

Banned
Its not like you're sitting on a goldmine with those CD's.

You need to decide if the space they are taking up is worth more to you then the collection.

Vashetti

Banned
a harddrive is a great form of storage.

I'll probably do that, rip them in the highest possible quality and then put the CDs away.

Funnily enough, CDs are the only physical format where I feel this way. For a movie, I'd much rather own the Blu-ray than a digital version. I don't think I've ever redeemed one of those digital codes that come with some films.

Same with games and books, physical fo' life. However I'm not adverse to buying a game digitally if the deal is good enough.

Vashetti

Banned
My door handle on my flat has broken off on the outside, so I've been having to carefully hold the handle in place to open and close it.

Tried to open the door from the inside today and it won't budge. I'm literally trapped in my flat.

Waiting for my landlord to do something.

sell them, they're a complete waste of space. physical media? ugh.

I still buy stuff on CD. I like album art. I like the stuff the band puts inside the booklet. To me, an album is more than just the music, it's the whole package all together, it's all part of the overall artwork.

The booklet in the new Courtney Barnett album made me laugh, I'd have never even seen it if I'd just downloaded it.

Nostalgia comes into play here. I still have the very first singles I bought for example.

Purple Pills by D12 on cassette mmhhhmmm

Holy shit, that was terrible! Still, the first single I bought was (on cassette, naturally) Earth Song by Michael Jackson so I don't know if I'm any kind of judge.

Other early purchases induded "I Wanna be a Hippy" by Technohead and some song about who the fuck Alice was, but I accidentally bought some censored version which came out at the same time. That was disappointing.

BRITGAF. WHAT WERE THE FIRST SINGLES YOU BOUGHT?

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Holy shit, that was terrible! Still, the first single I bought was (on cassette, naturally) Earth Song by Michael Jackson so I don't know if I'm any kind of judge.

Other early purchases induded "I Wanna be a Hippy" by Technohead and some song about who the fuck Alice was, but I accidentally bought some censored version which came out at the same time. That was disappointing.

BRITGAF. WHAT WERE THE FIRST SINGLES YOU BOUGHT?

That D12 cassette was shortly followed by Crawling by Linkin Park. Great start for me.

Haha Earth Song...
AHH AHHHA AHHHHHHH AHHAAHHHAHH AAAAA AHHHH
. The video for that song was too strong.

You got it stuck in my head now -_-

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
A cassette of Wild Wild West by Will Smith :(

WE HAVE A WINNERRRR

P0SCW.gif

Skele7on

Banned

Thanks for this, I was tired today and this was the equivalent of an afternoon nap

banofypie

Banned
Don't use lock on. It's fucking awful on that boss.
Nah. The trick to Cleric Beast is to get up close and sidestep behind it while it attacks. I say this as someone currently in NG+ and helping others fight early bosses often. I'm currently fighting my least favourite boss in the game and I'm trying to find a co-op buddy but nobody is biting.

What an awful game.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Nah. The trick to Cleric Beast is to get up close and sidestep behind it while it attacks. I say this as someone currently in NG+ and helping others fight early bosses often. I'm currently fighting my least favourite boss in the game and I'm trying to find a co-op buddy but nobody is biting.

What an awful game.

You were right on the later bosses btw

end game spoilers

All hunter themed bosses were fun, most of hte others were dogshit. Especially Rom, The One, Witches, plus others too boring to remember

banofypie

Banned
You were right on the later bosses btw

end game spoilers

All hunter themed bosses were fun, most of hte others were dogshit. Especially Rom, The One, Witches, plus others too boring to remember

Rom isn't so bad when you do it like I just did. Dashing light attack with a two hander and run behind the mooks while he attacks. Rinse, repeat. Still a terrible boss, but tolerable when you start trying to steal hits instead of doing a flurry of them.

I love the game, but the bosses are hit and miss as fuck.

Mikeside

I had a great dream last night

I was in a massive room in an old castle with my friends, but then a bunch of strangers filled up the room and I couldn't get to my friends. I called out to them, but my voice was drowned out by the chatter of these strange new people.

I decided to make the effort to adapt to them, so I started a conversation with this one guy, but all he wanted to talk about was his dull job that he hated, so I moved onto somebody else... All these people were terminally dull and I couldn't get away from them.

Eventually I pushed past a group who were discussing some inane crap and saw one of my old friends, I was so happy, but every time we really got into talking about something fun, once of the new people would butt in, telling us what cliquey douchebags we were.

Happy ending though, as we happened to have gasoline and a match with us, so we set fire to the cunts and moved to another castle.

Reknoc

I've pretty much given up on Bloodborne. Like, I really like the mechanics and I know I was going to have a hard time because I'm garbage at souls games. It's just, I'm not having fun losing like I did with Dark Souls, the loading times being the biggest problem, it's a huge gap and like, yeah I could use that time to think of what I did wrong but instead I'm using it to check twitter and my attention on the game dwindles. I also don't really like the games level design, it doesn't really have any direction like Dark Souls did and I find myself wondering which samey looking street I'm supposed to be travelling through.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Rom isn't so bad when you do it like I just did. Dashing light attack with a two hander and run behind the mooks while he attacks. Rinse, repeat. Still a terrible boss, but tolerable when you start trying to steal hits instead of doing a flurry of them.

I love the game, but the bosses are hit and miss as fuck.

Yeah I meant Rom is total shit because you can cheese it like that but it never actually is fun. The hunter encounters are better than most of the bosses.

I've pretty much given up on Bloodborne. Like, I really like the mechanics and I know I was going to have a hard time because I'm garbage at souls games. It's just, I'm not having fun losing like I did with Dark Souls, the loading times being the biggest problem, it's a huge gap and like, yeah I could use that time to think of what I did wrong but instead I'm using it to check twitter and my attention on the game dwindles. I also don't really like the games level design, it doesn't really have any direction like Dark Souls did and I find myself wondering which samey looking street I'm supposed to be travelling through.

Really? The level design and direction is on a whole different level to Dark Souls IMO. By the sounds of it, you haven't gotten too far...

Reknoc

Really? The level design and direction is on a whole different level to Dark Souls IMO. By the sounds of it, you haven't gotten too far...

I went down one area and a crazy priest killed me, I went down another and a spaghetti monster killed me. So no I'm right at the beginning but I'm finding actually traversing (this part of) Yarnham just doesn't feel fun. I wish I could turn off all the enemies and just explore because the gothic horror theme is dope as fuck.

edit: alt complaint, I don't care for what they're doing with the gun. I just find myself jealous of the elite snipers with guns that can take off half your health.

Top Bottom