• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Already have man, they are reeeeeet good. I do like them a lot. I'm curious, a lot of people I know are mixed in their opinion of Frank Turner's solo stuff, where do you stand on it?

Million Dead pretty much passed me by back in the day, for some reason, just weren't on my radar at all, so my first experience of Frank Turner was the Frank Turner stuff. It's okay, perfectly listenable, but not life-changing or anything.

I have returned.

Yo.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
hey manc-gaf, can we all go watch paul blart: mall blart 2: the reckoning together?

I would actually be up for this.

Already have man, they are reeeeeet good. I do like them a lot. I'm curious, a lot of people I know are mixed in their opinion of Frank Turner's solo stuff, where do you stand on it?

That's pretty awesome haha! I would've loved to have met them back in the day. Were they alright guys?

Yeah, lovely dudes.

The thread is going to live once more.

Hey! It's been alive. Oh. Do you mean because you've returned?

Danj

Dunno if anyone uses Hungry House but they've got a 25% off "Happy Saturday" deal on their facebook at the moment. 25% off takeaway, back of the net.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The is going to be more alive than it was previously now that extraordinary posters like myself and, to a less extent, banofypie have been resurrected.

BEHOLD

Some cool music I've been listening to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=degigyK6d9g

Welcome back!

*like me (myself should be used reflexively i.e. to refer back to a pronoun. Please can you amend your post and email it to me? The client might not notice but we still need to get it right - that's what they pay for. Thx)

Welcome back!

*like me (myself should be used reflexively i.e. to refer back to a pronoun. Please can you amend your post and email it to me? The client might not notice but we still need to get it right - that's what they pay for. Thx)

Thanks!

And deal with it!

!

Welcome back daps! All hail the aristocracy.

I knew before I even clicked that this would sound like the theme music to a gameshow from the 80's. :p

I was listening to the album while pottering around Staines market today. It was odd to watch the fruit and veg guys shout "Pand yer banana, two pand a pear!" and hear only funk.

And yes, all hail the aristocracy! Now who would like to link arms and walk around some hedgerows with me?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I thought I was dead without this thread. But as it turns out, I realised that I was dead without HolyBaikal Dapperbandit.

THE ANGELS WILL SING ONCE MORE!

What's the best internet provider? Like, based on facts about speed and customer service. Cause our Virgin Media is too unstable. Preferably if they don't force you into a package with phone or tv.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Gaddamit Cheez

I got accepted to be a volunteer youth worker! The LGBT young community better be ready to talk about Dark Souls. :)

What's new?

Messo I wouldn't know our internet is awful.

Skeleton man that sucks about your council tax and laptop :-( hang in there buddy good times are coming.

I gotted the Star Wars Blu Ray box. Phantom Menace this afternoon with Emma. Yippeeeeeeeeee!!!

RiggyRob

Found a thread about UK ISPs here, will take my questions there.

That's a two year old thread, you'd be better off making your own since things'll probably have changed since then.

Just for comparison, we've used Tesco since it was cheapest with supposedly good customer service (£2 for internet + £15 for phone line compared to TalkTalk which was £2 for internet and £13.50 for phone line, but I was told their customer service isn't great).
However, we've had a fucking nightmare with our exchange and the underground cables being loose AND having our internet switched off because the guy couldn't detect a phone signal from our flat (since we both use mobiles, we've never properly set it up) so he just switched it to the newly moved in tenants. Bit of a pisstake, but then I guess that's what you get for going for the cheapest option.

I'm due to go live with Sky Fibre on 30th of this month. Is it really as good as they say?

Yeah, we had the standard Sky Fibre for a few days and I then upped it to the Pro tariff, I get 7 - 8Mbps on Steam etc over wi-fi as I have a very good Netgear dongle. There's been no outages or anything else to moan about.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
That's a two year old thread, you'd be better off making your own since things'll probably have changed since then.

Just for comparison, we've used Tesco since it was cheapest with supposedly good customer service (£2 for internet + £15 for phone line compared to TalkTalk which was £2 for internet and £13.50 for phone line, but I was told their customer service isn't great).
However, we've had a fucking nightmare with our exchange and the underground cables being loose AND having our internet switched off because the guy couldn't detect a phone signal from our flat (since we both use mobiles, we've never properly set it up) so he just switched it to the newly moved in tenants. Bit of a pisstake, but then I guess that's what you get for going for the cheapest option.

Yup, had nothing but hassle and poor service this year on the cheapo Tesco option.

Had a nice weekend.

Went drinking with an amigo in Shepards Bush or SheBu as the bearded elite apparently call it. Woke up this morning and went to see some art at the royal academy.

At some point I may link to an imgur gallery with some snaps I took.

This evening I shall see Avengers 2: Reavengenace.

On another note, I'm glad people enjoyed some music I linked for once.

yes, we do.

I'm disdainful of your facial hair but jealous of your ability to grow it.

Sometimes I just rip off my shirt, pound my chest and scream at the mirror, hoping that if I scream loud and long enough I'll actually force hair to grow out of my face rapidly like time lapse photography.

It never works.

iun8YKr.gif

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Annie's Burger Shack is really really good. It lives up the hype for sure, food wise. Atmosphere wise, it is a little strange - I expected it to be quite cool but it was filled with middle aged people :/

Current burger ratings;

Homemade Burger Co. > Annie's Burger Shack > Chiquito's > Five Guys > *

Stubo

People are always surprised when I waddle up to the meets and it turns out I'm not actually a duck. And they spend all that money on bread.
I Wanna Be a Duck
Annie's Burger Shack is really really good. It lives up the hype for sure, food wise. Atmosphere wise, it is a little strange - I expected it to be quite cool but it was filled with middle aged people :/

Current burger ratings;

Homemade Burger Co. > Annie's Burger Shack > Chiquito's > Five Guys > *
I love Annie's, if you're in Nottingham you have to check it out.

NinjaBoiX

I just watched Frank. Well that was an ordeal.

It had its moments of being mildly entertaining but in the main I found plodding, depressing and just plain odd. But that weirdness felt really contrived.

And I know the band were meant to be awful but fuck me, I hated all the scenes with them playing. Just this horrible, discordant, out of time din.

The very end was the best part, it was quite moving. But yeah, would not recommend or watch again.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I just watched Frank. Well that was an ordeal.

It had its moments of being mildly entertaining but in the main I found plodding, depressing and just plain odd. But that weirdness felt really contrived.

And I know the band were meant to be awful but fuck me, I hated all the scenes with them playing. Just this horrible, discordant, out of time din.

The very end was the best part, it was quite moving. But yeah, would not recommend or watch again.

Frank Sidebottom always weirded me out anyway. He is just something I don't really 'get'.

Morning all. What's new?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Right brain dump for all you suckas!

I got awarded 100 of Amazon vouchers do have a wad of games coming today - spec ops the line, metro redux, killzone shadow fall and most excitingly Tropico 5. I really like the look of Tropico 5. Add this to the still shrinkwrapped alien isolation on my shelf as well as the fact I've neither finished Ico or started shadow of the colossus and I now have a proper backlog. The problem is these damn souls games. Demon's Souls has now taken up 20 odd hours and I think there's at least double that left to go. I am loving it though but I think I'll go on a souls diet for a bit to catch up on all the other wonderful games that are out there. Hearthstone is still amazing. What a great game. Star Wars the phantom menace was poopy (it's so inert) but looked lovely. Meditation and yoga rock. I have now decided on my next tattoo. This is happening on Satirday. It is my birthday on Wednesday but I am gonna work and instead take next week off so my arm and shoulder can heal hopefully my mum will come visit as I miss her. Also my super cool cousin who lives in Israel (don't judge, in this context it's just a location) is back in touch and is basically a more evolved version of me. She was my hero growing up so that's ace, without her I wouldn't be who I am now whoever that is. I hope Cheez hasn't been perma banned. I'm glad there's no thread about Bruce Jenner. So so so glad. I don't want to read anything to do with that situation. I think I've lost weight which means my leather jacket may soon fit me. Erm. What else. I read Jay Z's autobiography. Really really good and made me appreciate a lot of things. Rakim is amazing. Erm. I still like the Futureheads.

Ok. go! Come on blokes. Talk!

Well I'm currently on a train, in Alan Bennett Class. It's quite fancy. I can do stuff on my laptop and everything. And people keep offering me tea. Is this what it's like to be rich?

Top Bottom