• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ta. Does it mean I can post about souls games without the overwhelming self-consciousness of being a human that only ever posts about one thing and one thing only that most other posters are not interested in?

Qasiel

Just do it :)

My grand plan is to live in a small cottage in the country with lots of animals. Wake up in the morning, do some charity work or some such, come home, cook food for me and Emma, garden, walk dogs, feed chickens, you get the idea!

This sounds awesome! And Happy Birthday!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Happy birthday Sploatee!

Man you can tell a bank holiday is fast approaching because the weather has turned to shit.

Happy Birthday sploats.

In till 8 this evening and 10 tomorrow. All work and no play makes daps a dull duck

Ta both.

Morning all.

Nothing to say so I'll make up some words and stuff.

Szazons! Amazanaz nezabazazam, nizeromonon nambimineron szazons azm nim gazamazamerons. Zn! Azomon. Xoxoxomoxom.

The_Poet

Banned
Saw Avengers 2: The Revengeancening last night.

Sat next to a mouth breather who would let out a short sharp honk, not dissimilar to a fog horn every time a character made a funny quip. He also had a fondness of saying "fuuck offff" when something happened beyond the realms of possibility and telling his friend how hot Scar Jo is every time she appeared on screen.

Got through about 20 minutes before I told him to shut up, and surprisingly he did. No fuss or confrontation. He only produced a honk once more in the rest of the film.

The film itself was pretty good, The action was great and it had a sense of "fuck yeah, superheroes"

Saw Avengers 2: The Revengeancening last night.

Sat next to a mouth breather who would let out a short sharp honk, not dissimilar to a fog horn every time a character made a funny quip. He also had a fondness of saying "fuuck offff" when something happened beyond the realms of possibility and telling his friend how hot Scar Jo is every time she appeared on screen.

Got through about 20 minutes before I told him to shut up, and surprisingly he did. No fuss or confrontation. He only produced a honk once more in the rest of the film.

The film itself was pretty good, The action was great and it had a sense of "fuck yeah, superheroes"

My housemate hadn't seen Captain America 2 so some bits of the movie didn't make a whole load of sense to him. I offered to show it to him last night. He spent half of it on his phone, the other half asleep. This morning he asked why I turned it off.

The whole thing made me absurdly angry. I'd seen it twice already, I'd put it on entirely for his benefit, he agreed he wanted to see it, I didn't force him against his will. So mad, I could have spent two hours of my life doing something more interesting but noooo keeping his eyes open for two hours was too much to ask.

The_Poet

Banned
My housemate hadn't seen Captain America 2 so some bits of the movie didn't make a whole load of sense to him. I offered to show it to him last night. He spent half of it on his phone, the other half asleep. This morning he asked why I turned it off.

The whole thing made me absurdly angry. I'd seen it twice already, I'd put it on entirely for his benefit, he agreed he wanted to see it, I didn't force him against his will. So mad, I could have spent two hours of my life doing something more interesting but noooo keeping his eyes open for two hours was too much to ask.

Maybe he was texting his friends asking "why did this guy offer to show me a film when hes not even trying to kiss me / feel my balls?"

people only watch movies because our fucked up society has decided that's the one time it's acceptable to eat popcorn so yeah, if you didn't have popcorn i'd have been pretty pissed off/uninterested too.

The_Poet

Banned
I totally offered though

Was it under the pretext of checking for lumps?

people only watch movies because our fucked up society has decided that's the one time it's acceptable to eat popcorn so yeah, if you didn't have popcorn i'd have been pretty pissed off/uninterested too.

Stopped eating popcorn at the cinema, Usually get ice cream now, doesn't make me feel sick in the morning

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Stopped eating popcorn at the cinema, Usually get ice cream now, doesn't make me feel sick in the morning

The symphony of low quality "meat" and stale bread drowning in cheap ketchup.

There's something delicious about the shitty, overpriced hot dogs they sell at the cinema.

Was it under the pretext of checking for lumps?

No, just fancied a fondle.

And gross, ice cream at the cinema. Instead of crunching noises you make slurpy English Patient noises

Was it that fancy modern popcorn? I like Tyrell's Sweet and Salty. And only 150 calories!

It may well have been. It was certainly sweet and salty, a combo I didn't know existed until recently. As someone incapable of fatness I care little for calorie counting.

Although I do occasionally feel like I'm having minor heart attacks.

Son1x

Is there anything to see at Earls Court or close by?

We'll get to the hotel at 8 pm so we have only a few hours to spend. Preferably something in walking distance. The only thing we've seen around there is the Chelsea stadium, Stamford Bridge, so we're open to anything other than that.

Also how long would a Palace of Westminster-Buckingham Palace-Piccadilly Circus trip by foot take? Planning on seeing those places early next day before we got work to do.

Reknoc

Remember the glory days of buttered popcorn... now THAT was amazing, chuck a bag of minstrels in there as well and you're laughin'

That's every day for me, since I only eat popcorn I've done myself since only I know the correct amount of butter and salt to put on it.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
That's every day for me, since I only eat popcorn I've done myself since only I know the correct amount of butter and salt to put on it.

Funny, it's never even occurred to me to try and make buttered popcorn outside of the cinema... what a fool I am.

Simple.

Get rid of the democratic process entirely and crown Nigel Farage the Divine Emperor of Mankind, it's what we're all thinking let's just do it.

chunk3rvd

Cross post from the Euro Cheap-Ass thread as I'm hoping a member of Brit-GAF may be able to help me with this one? Thanks!

Not really on-topic but I’m sticking this here as it’s a UK only product and some of you might have experience with it…….

A friend in work was talking about some of the old arcade games he used to play when he was a kid. I threw a couple on my Nexus 7 to show him as I thought he’d appreciate the nostalgia kick and he now wants a tablet of his own to scratch his retro-itch! Nexus 7 was a bit on the pricey side for him so how is the Tesco Hudl2 for stuff like this? I’m guessing it would be powerful enough to play anything up to SNES/Mega Drive and old arcade stuff like Simpsons, Turtles, Wrestlefest etc? Can they easily be rooted so he can connect a DS3/4 with Sixaxis manager?

If this is no good, any suggestions on a good Android tablet around the £100 mark? I only suggested the Hudl2 as it looks like it hits a sweet spot between specs, size and screen quality

The_Poet

Banned
Cinema popcorn can fuck off €5 for a small one I can get 5 packs of poppets or 2 packs of percy pigs for the same.

Or a line of coke.

Looking forward to this weekend, I'm becoming a godfather to my niece.

I shall be wandering around with an overcoat draped over my shoulders and cotton balls stuffed into my cheeks. Making people deals which they cant turn down.

Top Bottom