• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Son Of D

I feel that I should have waited a little to get my PS4. Haven't had a chance to play it outside a little go at the FFXV demo and Resogun due to uni work piling on top of me.

I just dropped my phone and the screen smashed to bits and the touch screen is completely dead. It's the first time I've ever broken a phone.

Feels bad, man.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Post-holiday blues suck. If anything it's made me think about speeding up my plans to leave London.

You're planning on leaving? Aside from the above, why? And where would you like to go?

Well I'm currently on a train, in Alan Bennett Class. It's quite fancy. I can do stuff on my laptop and everything. And people keep offering me tea. Is this what it's like to be rich?

Yes (although I'm not rich, it just gets expensed).

I feel that I should have waited a little to get my PS4. Haven't had a chance to play it outside a little go at the FFXV demo and Resogun due to uni work piling on top of me.

Resogun is a beaut though. Love that game.

RiggyRob

I'm really tempted to get a PS4 when the Uncharted trilogy/Uncharted 4, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV come out, since by then there should be a decent amount of exclusives and I'll (hopefully) have a job after uni where I can start blowing money on frivolities.

I did this on Friday but luckily it's all still working for now. Top half of the screen is all cracked though.

Yeah, I've seen people using iPhones with really messed up screens so I thought maybe I could get away with it, but the touchscreen is screwed. It's not responsive at any point so I can't unlock it, which also means I can't connect it to my PC.

I've basically just lost all the photos and contacts and everything that was on it.

it can probably be repaired. also most stuff is backed up online now. ask the nsa or mi5 for your photos etc.

Do you reckon that would work? Like, start planning some kind of terrorism so the police come and access all my files?

I don't want it repaired, really, I wanted a new phone anyway. It's just that I'd planned to get all the stuff off my old phone first!

Qasiel

You're planning on leaving? Aside from the above, why? And where would you like to go?

Yeah, thinking about leaving in a few years to move to Cornwall with the Mrs. I've kinda wanted to move there since I was little, as I enjoy the quality of life down there. It's not as hectic, or expensive, as living in London. Plus I've always had this romantic notion of living by the sea (I just wanna go surfing a lot, I guess!)

The stuff on the album isn't quite as good as the singles they're releasing, but yeah, Gagarin and Go! are well good.

I would quite like to go and see them, I bet they're ace live

Not bad, perhaps a little heavy on the samples though the NASA thing is pretty cool.

Something else from me.

Makeup and Vanity Set - The Cross

That's the whole concept of the band: instrumentals with samples from public information films.

The stuff on the album isn't quite as good as the singles they're releasing, but yeah, Gagarin and Go! are well good.

I would quite like to go and see them, I bet they're ace live

The material from their first album was better (partially due to each song having a different subject)

Their song Signal 30 kind of reminds me of Queens of the Stoneage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0obMOfvCN5k

I quite like that the whole album is about that one thing, I like albums that tell a story.

I wonder if they could get an album of material from those fucking horrific American public information films from the mid-late 20th century.

The_Poet

Banned
Valve taking down paid mods, at least for skyrim, and ballsy enough to admit that were wrong. Good stuff but I do worry that one day valve wont care what the community thinks and use their monopoly for evil.

Reknoc

What a weird collab. I'm all for it.

Valve taking down paid mods, at least for skyrim, and ballsy enough to admit that were wrong. Good stuff but I do worry that one day valve wont care what the community thinks and use their monopoly for evil.

I don't think the idea itself is inherently bad, just that people will ruin it by being people. I think actually being able to gain money from it could encourage people to make or finish large mods they were working on. Probably would have helped Black Mesa Source.

The_Poet

Banned
Moving to england is kinda scary, but the thought of cheap pasties and wetherspoons food is a cheering thought.

When are you moving? (and where to/from?)

I don't think the idea itself is inherently bad, just that people will ruin it by being people. I think actually being able to gain money from it could encourage people to make or finish large mods they were working on. Probably would have helped Black Mesa Source.

It was poorly thought out from the outset, they had no way of dealing with quality control, accountability for mods which fucked up the base game, mods which are dependant on larger mods...etc etc. And jumping into a mature mod community with it was always going to bring hate.

It will be back for Fallout 4 though I bet.

Reknoc

It was poorly thought out from the outset, they had no way of dealing with quality control, accountability for mods which fucked up the base game, mods which are dependant on larger mods...etc etc. And jumping into a mature mod community with it was always going to bring hate.

Yea it was handled awfully but the idea itself can be good. They should probably have made the process to get it on the store way more strict or ever require payment if you want to actually sell your mod as opposed to just putting a free one on the workshop.

(Back) from Dublin, to Birkenhead.

The_Poet

Banned
26204b20-ed98-11e4-9a65-83fe19549761_countdown-grab.jpg

Saw Avengers 2 the other night. I enjoyed it, though there were several moments where I thought "this evil plan is so overly-complex".

My enjoyment was nearly ruined by a family that sat in front of us who thought it would be a good idea to bring a toddler. The damn thing kicked off several times to my supreme annoyance and no doubt the other hundred or so other people that payed £10 for their ticket. Double evil, the father decided to start messaging people on his phone as well, literally while he was clutching his noisy offspring in the other hand. The light from his screen was shining directly into my eyes so I had to obscure it by holding up my hand, which made me look like I was blessing the cinema more or less. Apparently the yelling of the toddler was highly amusing to it's relatives as they kept tittering to themselves as they tried half heatedly to keep it quiet.

I've wanted entire families dead before but this is the first time I can say that this year.

Saw Avengers 2 the other night. I enjoyed it, though there were several moments where I thought "this evil plan is so overly-complex".

My enjoyment was nearly ruined by a family that sat in front of us who thought it would be a good idea to bring a toddler. The damn thing kicked off several times to my supreme annoyance and no doubt the other hundred or so other people that payed £10 for their ticket. Double evil, the father decided to start messaging people on his phone as well, literally while he was clutching his noisy offspring in the other hand. The light from his screen was shining directly into my eyes so I had to obscure it by holding up my hand, which made me look like I was blessing the cinema more or less. Apparently the yelling of the toddler was highly amusing to it's relatives as they kept tittering to themselves as they tried half heatedly to keep it quiet.

I've wanted entire families dead before but this is the first time I can say that this year.

You should have told him to put his fucking phone away.

You should have told him to put his fucking phone away.

Or at least complained to one of the 16-year-old attendants so they did it. If it was actively ruining your enjoyment of the film then you could have got your money back.

That's probably more important in London where a cinema ticket costs as much as a weekly food shop.

Mikeside

MAYBE THAT'LL TEACH YOU NOT TO LET YOUR BLOODY BABY CRY

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah, thinking about leaving in a few years to move to Cornwall with the Mrs. I've kinda wanted to move there since I was little, as I enjoy the quality of life down there. It's not as hectic, or expensive, as living in London. Plus I've always had this romantic notion of living by the sea (I just wanna go surfing a lot, I guess!)

Just do it :)

My grand plan is to live in a small cottage in the country with lots of animals. Wake up in the morning, do some charity work or some such, come home, cook food for me and Emma, garden, walk dogs, feed chickens, you get the idea!

The French call that sort of thing "L'esprit de l'escalier". Even when it occurs in a douche.

Meat! I have missed you! Have you played Demon's Souls? I tried to play other non-Souls games but I failed miserably. Demon's is even nastier than Dark. There's a level called Tower of Latria which like a cross between Cthulhu, a prison, New Londo Ruins and Blighttown. It's horrible and there's a boss called Maneater which is reminding me that I am still a padawan.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Meat! I have missed you! Have you played Demon's Souls? I tried to play other non-Souls games but I failed miserably. Demon's is even nastier than Dark. There's a level called Tower of Latria which like a cross between Cthulhu, a prison, New Londo Ruins and Blighttown. It's horrible and there's a boss called Maneater which is reminding me that I am still a padawan.

EYOOOno. I haven't unfortunately. My PS3 died right around when it came out. Always wanted to though.

I'm sure there's a Halls and Oates/Nelly Furtado joke to be made here, but I'm stumped.

call me a potato but that nelly furtado album is really good.
things that aren't good include:

1. babies
2. toddlers
3. families with babies or toddlers
4. families
5. humans
6. the cinema experience minus the lovely big screen and loud film noises
7. humans
8. dieting
9. babies

there was a patch of grass by a church in my hometown of yeovil called 'the beach'. always confused me. must be a somerset-yokel thing.

Top Bottom