• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't disagree more, I hate Sen's Fortress! Bland and annoyingly fiddly to navigate. Creative and independent design?

Sen's Fortress is one of the best sections of the game. It encapsulates the entire design philosophy into one little area. It's a pretty intricate section with a surprising amount you can miss on a first playthrough. It's a great test of everything you've learned, with a few extra cheeky surprises chucked in.

Frustrations aside, I remember you loving most of DS.

sounds like the perfect peado trap. i am on to you, bbc.
kids, don't sniff the keyboards!

the best bit about that article is either the bbc referring to itself in third person on its own website or the news that they are making a drama 'based on grand theft auto'.

Skele7on

Banned
sounds like the perfect peado trap. i am on to you, bbc.
kids, don't sniff the keyboards!

BAHAHA.

39f1f01578faf78dcb9d5459e403e1400565e79a.jpg

Pantu

I would love to make a Pantu OT

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One million Micro Bits - a stripped-down computer similar to a Raspberry Pi - will be given to all pupils starting secondary school in the autumn term.

The BBC is also launching a season of coding-based programmes and activities.

It will include a new drama based on Grand Theft Auto and a documentary on Bletchley Park.
BBC, I know some 11 year olds play GTA, but at least base it on a game that is meant to be for their age group like Senran Kagura Pokémon. I know my mum would be upset if educational programmes were based off of an out of bounds game.

8bit

Knows the Score
BBC, I know some 11 year olds play GTA, but at least base it on a game that is meant to be for their age group like Senran Kagura Pokémon. I know my mum would be upset if educational programmes were based off of an out of bounds game.

It sounds as if it's based on the creation of Grand Theft Auto, as opposed to the content of the game. Point still stands I guess, but GTA is only part of DMA/Rockstar. Can't wait until they deal with Manhunt.

blue peter (is that still a thing?!) should tell you how to code games like grand theft auto.
"... and here's a reflection of society's ills portrayed clumsily through three heteronormal viewpoints sprinkled liberally with violance, misogyny and crude humour that we coded earlier."

When Louis Meets Jimmy is mental, watching now I know what I know, makes it so much more interesting and utterly mind blowing.
my fave is when he's on the treadmill and louis is asking him about how he keeps fit and jimmy says he exercises everyday and then it pans out to him holding a fucking cigar the whole time, haha.
oh jimmy you scallywag.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
When Louis Meets Jimmy is mental, watching now I know what I know, makes it so much more interesting and utterly mind blowing.

As someone who grew up without any idea of Jimmy Savile (besides very faint ideas of tracksuits, cigars and gold chains) the Louis meets Jimmy made him seem sinister and passive aggressive. In hindsight the mother stuff doesn't seem so bad.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
See, which makes me wonder if it justifies paying £12 on the PS Store for it. When they gonna drop the price of that DLC goddammit! I gotta better chance of finding a cheap copy of the Last of Us on PS4.

I'm pretty sure The Last of Us PS4 is only £17 or so on the PS store right now. It certainly was a few days ago.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
See, which makes me wonder if it justifies paying £12 on the PS Store for it. When they gonna drop the price of that DLC goddammit! I gotta better chance of finding a cheap copy of the Last of Us on PS4.

It depends what you're after. A good chunk of it is story based. For me, it'd have been worth it - I loved the story and the twists on the main game. I also thought the combat was a really fascinating take on where any sequel might go.

It's not that tough though - I played it on Survivor and only died a few times, so not sure how much replayability there is (unless you're after trophies).

Do you play the MP? If you do, it's prob worth just getting the PS4 version so you get all of the extra maps and 60fps.

Skele7on

Banned
wait for his closing statement the last like 5 mins he states that he said he hated children to throw off the papers from investigating if he was a pedo.

NinjaBoiX

Sploatee, I dunno man, I just found it annoying and really dull looking. I can appreciate what you're saying about how it gradually escalates the difficulty but that's like game design 101, hardly remarkable.

Undead Burg was cool and intricate, I loved how it looped back on itself and stuff. But I found most of the other areas pretty awful and their awkward navigation created an artificial difficulty. Lost Izalith, Blighttown, Sen's Fortress, I just found them irritating and difficult due to frustrating design more than anything else, particularly the first two.

I can understand why folks see Dark Souls as a refreshing change of pace from being funnelled through a tightly scripted corridor, but it seemed like they wen too far the other way and often felt like aimless meandering to me, like they skipped the last step of level design or something.

Each to their own innit.
Sen's Fortress is one of the best sections of the game. It encapsulates the entire design philosophy into one little area. It's a pretty intricate section with a surprising amount you can miss on a first playthrough. It's a great test of everything you've learned, with a few extra cheeky surprises chucked in.

Frustrations aside, I remember you loving most of DS.
I did, there is loads to admire about it, I just don't get the buzz about the level design. It feels kind of lazy to me, like they built a level but couldn't be arsed to actually apply much logic to how to traverse it. They just kind of went "meh, they'll work it out."

Some people love that, I really don't.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sploatee, I dunno man, I just found it annoying and really dull looking. I can appreciate what you're saying about how it gradually escalates the difficulty but that's like game design 101, hardly remarkable.

Undead Burg was cool and intricate, I loved how it looped back on itself and stuff. But I found most of the other areas pretty awful and their awkward navigation created an artificial difficulty. Lost Izalith, Blighttown, Sen's Fortress, I just found them irritating and difficult due to frustrating design more than anything else, particularly the first two.

I can understand why folks see Dark Souls as a refreshing change of pace from being funnelled through a tightly scripted corridor, but it seemed like they wen too far the other way and often felt like aimless meandering to me, like they skipped the last step of level design or something.

Each to their own innit.

I did, there is loads to admire about it, I just don't get the buzz about the level design. It feels kind of lazy to me, like they built a level but couldn't be arsed to actually apply much logic to how to traverse it. They just kind of went "meh, they'll work it out."

Some people love that, I really don't.

Fair enough. You were right about the Last of Us DLC, so call it square :p

Booked E's next tattoo (birthday present). I want a Darksign tattoo. I'd regret it wouldn't i?

"O hey cool tattoo what is it"
"It's er from a video game"
"K bye"

Skele7on

Banned

Booked E's next tattoo (birthday present). I want a Darksign tattoo. I'd regret it wouldn't i?

"K bye"

Go into the tattoo thread, many have done it, some good, others are like WTF.

The_Poet

Banned

"K bye"

"Those branded with it are reborn after death, but will one day lose their mind and go Hollow."
"K bye"

banofypie

Banned
Miyazaki publicly apologised for Lost Izalith and the boss. It's a fucking terrible area.

Sen's Fortress is beautiful vertical level design though, but Souls is good at that so it's not surprising.

Reknoc

"K bye"

Just say its from some obscure metal band.

banofypie

Banned
Triforce tattoo on the back of the hand is one of the worst things that can ever happen to a person and I really wish I could send condolences to all of the families of those afflicted.

Top Bottom