• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's a good thread, I enjoy looking at. Some of them though look like someone actually went at em with a biro, but as long as they're happy with it who am I to judge.

Musha I just saw yours though, insane, that artist is sooo good!

Yup sad day.

Musha is generally fantastic anyway, so it's to be expected.

Listening to super bunnyhop while I work. I like him. Makes me want to play Ground Zeroes again tho.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, Musha's Preacher tattoo is quality.
Fair enough. You were right about the Last of Us DLC, so call it square :p

Booked E's next tattoo (birthday present). I want a Darksign tattoo. I'd regret it wouldn't i?

"O hey cool tattoo what is it"
"It's er from a video game"
"K bye"
Nah, I think it's obscure enough that it wouldn't be immediately obvious it was a from a game. Pretty cool idea!

You big nerd.

:p

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah, Musha's Preacher tattoo is quality.

Nah, I think it's obscure enough that it wouldn't be immediately obvious it was a from a game. Pretty cool idea!

You big nerd.

:p

Hahah

I posted this in girlgaf but I'm moving towards coolness when I hit 70 or so. By then I should have a sense of style and marginally less insecurity.

Until then though did I mention erm mumble mumble .

Got to say when you wore your hipster glasses last time you came round I thiught Owen looks pretty stylish.

NinjaBoiX

Gang of Four feat. Alison Mosshart - England's In My Bones

Good shit.

Went for a mint bike ride today, bring on the spring!

Been up since 7, in the kitchen with the bro until 3, 4 hour bike ride, back out to work for another 7 hours at Mint tonight.

Feel pretty good now but I'm so going to crash at about midnight.
Got to say when you wore your hipster glasses last time you came round I thiught Owen looks pretty stylish.
Thanks mane!

Sammy loved the specs look, I'm not so much a fan but maybe I should rock them a bit more. I never wear them to "go out" and wear my contacts to work on a weekend, but I wear them most of the week simply because it's easy.

Just beat Hotline Miami 2.

Hard as fuck, banging soundtrack, CUHRAZZY narrative.

In a rare hipsterish moment I can profess to have been a fan of Perturbator, Carpenter Brut, Mega Drive, Magic Sword and others BEFORE the game was made.

So as the French say, mange mon poop sil vous plait.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I did, there is loads to admire about it, I just don't get the buzz about the level design. It feels kind of lazy to me, like they built a level but couldn't be arsed to actually apply much logic to how to traverse it. They just kind of went "meh, they'll work it out."

Fair enough.

Have you ever seen the collision data map? It's really impressive:

dsmap-1024x519.jpg

They made the whole world geographically and spatially to scale (apart from a few little bits)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Just beat Hotline Miami 2.

Hard as fuck, banging soundtrack, CUHRAZZY narrative.

In a rare hipsterish moment I can profess to have been a fan of Perturbator, Carpenter Brut, Mega Drive, Magic Sword and others BEFORE the game was made.

So as the French say, mange mon poop sil vous plait.

What's new about it compared to the first?

PS there's a synth music thread somewhere I think in OT. Don't know if you're already aware of it.

Fair enough.

They made the whole world geographically and spatially to scale (apart from a few little bits)

There's a cool 2D art version of the world in this month's Edge too. *restrains self from talking more about Dark Souls*

Reknoc

I hope at some point Miyazaki will be able to take a step back from Souls games and maybe look into doing something for Armoured Core what Souls did for King's Field.

NinjaBoiX

That's pretty cool like.

There is no denying how much care and attention went into building the world. Even areas like Blighttown which I hated were clearly designed to evoke a particular mood (presumably despair and confusion in that area!), but I prefer a little more direction. I know that goes against the whole ethos of the Souls games but there you go!

Still really looking forward to Bloodborne though, I'll probably give Dark Souls 2 a whirl on PS4 at some point too.

What's new about it compared to the first?

PS there's a synth music thread somewhere I think in OT. Don't know if you're already aware of it.

I subscribed to that thread :D

HM2 is more difficult and there's more variety in the missions. Rather than a whole raft of similar masks in the original, the game slims down the number but makes them more distinctive. Sometimes a different play style is imposed on you by the story which is more nuanced. The soundtrack is much better in my humble opinion.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
:(

I thought you were cool Cheezmo. I ... thought..you..were..cool.

Commie bastard

Combat Liberalism
M8rnBgp.gif

As someone who grew up without any idea of Jimmy Savile (besides very faint ideas of tracksuits, cigars and gold chains) the Louis meets Jimmy made him seem sinister and passive aggressive. In hindsight the mother stuff doesn't seem so bad.

He totally necro'd up his dead mum

MUnited83

For you.
Hello BritGAF. Im currently spending a few days in Manchester(staying atnSalford) I've been to a few museums , art galleries and monuments. Its a really nice. What would you say are the must-see places here?:)

Mikeside

Hello BritGAF. Im currently spending a few days in Manchester(staying atnSalford) I've been to a few museums , art galleries and monuments. Its a really nice. What would you say are the must-see places here?:)

Manchester is lovely. And there's a few from there in here but it really depends on your interests - give us a little about you :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Hiya

Try the Portico on Charlotte Street - theres nothing else like it
John Rylands library on Deansgate
Barburrito
Katsouris
Bem Brazil
Most places in the Northern Quarter
Richmond Tea Rooms

-

Anybody else feel thoroughly fucking miserable today?
I'm beginning to wonder if I'm more bipolar than chronically depressed. I seem so up and down.

I'm a fun kind of person. You can count on me to bring the party.

Symphonia

Banned
Anybody else feel thoroughly fucking miserable today? The world feels really hollow and pointless (o woe! O woe! The swans! Etc. )
Not to sound generically British, but the weather really doesn't help with the mood. I'm stuck in traffic and it's pissing it down. I can't wait for summer to be here.

Skele7on

Banned

If you wanna have a great time, say Blur are better than Oasis.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
yep! always! but hey the geese on the ashton canal looked pretty happy today.

oh mr. visiting manchester, have a look at the geese on ashton canal.

Whoaaaaa you're really near our flat. Emma is friends with those geese.

Made good progress, will best this deadline

Physics exam in 3 hours.. 30% wt... Awww fock I've revised like crazy, hopefully I beast it eh :D

You're an intellectual animal! Go forth and roar!

Not to sound generically British, but the weather really doesn't help with the mood. I'm stuck in traffic and it's pissing it down. I can't wait for summer to be here.

It's still pretty nice in London, for at least a few more hours anyway.

In other news, my landlord, for the first time since I've lived here, has arranged for the property to be cleaned. There's an empty room so I guess he needs the communal area to look okay before people come and see it. Instead of cleaning the bathroom though, he's just painted it. Like, all of it, the tiles and everything. You can still see some remnants of shower gel that have splashed on the tiles, under the coat of paint.

Whoaaaaa you're really near our flat. Emma is friends with those geese.

i trudge past their almost every day. i shall shout HELLO SPLOATEE and HI EMMA from now on.
there's a tiny fat pidgeon that sits underneath the bridge that my girlfriend and i are friends with. he knows what's up.

Instead of cleaning the bathroom though, he's just painted it. Like, all of it, the tiles and everything. You can still see some remnants of shower gel that have splashed on the tiles, under the coat of paint.

ah good to see he's living up to the standard of landlords being criminally inept.

Anybody else feel thoroughly fucking miserable today?

More just tired. And it turns out the flight I'm on for a work thing is at 7am. This means getting up super early to get there, which I'm obviously looking forward to.

...I'm spending 5 days in Milan, so I can't really complain.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
i trudge past their almost every day. i shall shout HELLO SPLOATEE and HI EMMA from now on.
there's a tiny fat pidgeon that sits underneath the bridge that my girlfriend and i are friends with. he knows what's up.

ah good to see he's living up to the standard of landlords being criminally inept.

Do it!

It's still pretty nice in London, for at least a few more hours anyway.

In other news, my landlord, for the first time since I've lived here, has arranged for the property to be cleaned. There's an empty room so I guess he needs the communal area to look okay before people come and see it. Instead of cleaning the bathroom though, he's just painted it. Like, all of it, the tiles and everything. You can still see some remnants of shower gel that have splashed on the tiles, under the coat of paint.

Lovely. Landlords are unpleasant.

More just tired. And it turns out the flight I'm on for a work thing is at 7am. This means getting up super early to get there, which I'm obviously looking forward to.

...I'm spending 5 days in Milan, so I can't really complain.

No, you can't!

-

MancGAF I was gonna go for a drink after work (or coffee whatever) but my friend can't make it. Anyone fancy it? Somewhere central?

NinjaBoiX

Hiya

Try the Portico on Charlotte Street - theres nothing else like it
John Rylands library on Deansgate
Barburrito
Katsouris
Bem Brazil
Most places in the Northern Quarter
Richmond Tea Rooms
Plus some choice bars/clubs:

The Temple of Convenience
The Castle
Sand Bar
The Thirsty Scholar
Apotheca
Band on the Wall
Sound Control
If you wanna have a great time, say Blur are better than Oasis.
They are though, always have been.

Edit:

MancGAF I was gonna go for a drink after work (or coffee whatever) but my friend can't make it. Anyone fancy it? Somewhere central?
I'm done in Beth, last night was a fucking nightmare, pure bass explosion for like 6 hours (you should've seen the speaker set up, Jesus....), I've got to go in and help my bro for a a bit on four hours sleep. I'm going home to bed this afternoon!

Lovely. Landlords are unpleasant.

I'm not really that bothered, I thought it was quite funny. The bathroom was okay anyway because I clean that. The guys I live with are useless cunts and won't clean for shit, but if I'm going to use the bathroom I can't have it looking like it did. I've got some pretty nasty photos of how bad the bathroom was and these guys were just totally like "yeah, it's fine." They're grown men but I swear they're just sitting there expecting their mums to come and do it or something.

The Temple of Convenience
The Castle
Sand Bar
The Thirsty Scholar
Apotheca
Band on the Wall
Sound Control

Are these real?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Convenience.
Harry Potter and the Thirsty Scholar
Apotheca just sounds like a horror movie all on its own.

I've never actually read Pratchett, and I know that makes me a terrible person but there was just so much stuff that I had no idea where to start, so I never did.

RiggyRob

I've never actually read Pratchett, and I know that makes me a terrible person but there was just so much stuff that I had no idea where to start, so I never did.

I started reading my dad's copy of The Colour of Magic but never got around to finishing it (I don't actually know where the book is now).

I'll probably rewatch the Hogfather at some point instead.

Mikeside

I started reading my dad's copy of The Colour of Magic but never got around to finishing it (I don't actually know where the book is now).

I'll probably rewatch the Hogfather at some point instead.

Colour of Magic/Light Fantastic is a bit dull to be honest

Go to Discworld books:

Guards, Guards! (then immediately read Jingo, then finish with The Night Watch, it's way better but the first one is a good introduction to the characters and the second one fits in between the two & is a great read)
Mort (then immediately read Reaper Man, again, way better but you need the introduction, then Soul Music, then Hogfather and finish with Thief of Time which are all great)

You can pretty much skip the Rincewind books. He's way overhyped. Give Sourcery and Interesting Times a go if you start getting into the series.

Also, non Discworld, but Nation is a great book too

Reknoc

You start at The Colour of Magic and you keep going until you run out. None of this "skip the less good ones like a pussy" nonsense.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm not really that bothered, I thought it was quite funny. The bathroom was okay anyway because I clean that. The guys I live with are useless cunts and won't clean for shit, but if I'm going to use the bathroom I can't have it looking like it did. I've got some pretty nasty photos of how bad the bathroom was and these guys were just totally like "yeah, it's fine." They're grown men but I swear they're just sitting there expecting their mums to come and do it or something.

Are these real?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Convenience.
Harry Potter and the Thirsty Scholar
Apotheca just sounds like a horror movie all on its own.

That's not unusual...

If the Temple of Convenience is the temple it's amazing. The one straight bar where i don't feel frightened of all the cis hets. It's in a toilet too!

You start at The Colour of Magic and you keep going until you run out. None of this "skip the less good ones like a pussy" nonsense.

I got as far as Mort and stopped for no other reason than those were the three books I had. Excellent reading, though. There's enough imagination in those first two Rincewind books for a hundred more books, let alone what I'm sure the others introduced.

The Hogfather adaptation is amazing too.

Top Bottom