• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Think you missed the boat slightly there matey. There's still a fair amount of people online but you could have got it cheaper months ago or for nothing at all on PS+ less months than that.

It's pretty good. Same people made Mortal Kombat 9 though I'd say that's a better game. Since MK9 Netherealm Studios have been the ones that really excel at single player content, with big story modes and lots of extras. Really looking forward to the new Mortal Kombat.
Is the fact that the multiplayer being region locked gonna hinder that excitement?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

Personally I don't care particularly for the ability to fight folks in Michigan or wherever. If I'm going to play someone I'd rather they had a good ping. I can understand why the region locking thing is a bummer for people with an intercontinental friends list, but I fail to see how it's indicative of a poor netcode as most have presumed in the thread relating to this.

If the game is anything like MK9 or Injustice it will have a slightly subpar online experience wherein you may experience moments of lag during fights or spend longer than you would like to looking for an opponent online.

Generally my experiences with both MK9 and Injustice have been good so I'm not in the "preorder cancelled" camp as I imagine the online architecture is little different from those games which were mostly good online.

Mikeside

The best way to handle it would probably be to have random or ranked matches only pair you in-region but to allow you to fight anyone from anywhere if you specify the user.

Not that I care that much either, but it's the best way to stop anyone whining

In other news I'm mega ill. Z passed her leurghy onto me before going home for the weekend. Waaaaaaahhh

Son Of D

About the Mortal Kombat online thing, apparently it's only for the PS3 version. PS4, 360, PC and PS4 versions apparently have region free online.

About the Mortal Kombat online thing, apparently it's only for the PS3 version. PS4, 360, PC and PS4 versions apparently have region free online.

Good to know.

-

It's Mother's Day chaps and chapettes! Does anyone else find that the prospect of writing a card fills them with a vague, existential dread? For any occasion I mean.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Any gif that exceeds 3MB can never be described as the "best gif". Any gif that exceeds 30(!)MB almost certainly can not be described as that. There's a reason we have video sharing sites and formats like .webm, because they are suited for large animations. .gif was never designed for large animations in mind which is why file sizes can be huge.

Seriously, anyone who makes or likes a gif of that size is an imbecile.

Any gif that exceeds 3MB can never be described as the "best gif". Any gif that exceeds 30(!)MB almost certainly can not be described as that. There's a reason we have video sharing sites and formats like .webm, because they are suited for large animations. .gif was never designed for large animations in mind which is why file sizes can be huge.

i really wish i could post a huge .gif right now to really make you cry.

Son Of D

So that basically disqualifies all of Sunhi's gifs right?

NinjaBoiX

YPlHptr.gif

(I really hope this gif is more than 3MB. I don't even know how one would find that information out let alone muster the mental energy to be bothered by such a thing.)

Hobohodo

Is it that much different from you know where?

I mean, I guess not. What the heck I need somewhere to procrastinate whilst writing up this project.

Where do you come from? : Just outside Cardiff
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? : Studying Chemistry/GAME retail lackey.
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end?: That is way to much forward planing.
Favourite daytime TV show?: Homes under the Hammer
Fish or chips? :Chips
Daddy or chips? :Chips
What's your tipple of choice?: Whatever I can scrounge.
Favourite party snack? : Cold Pizza
Who is the best bald person?`: I can't think of anyone who is bald right now.
What's your disappointing claim to fame?: A poem from year 8 in some book full of crap year 8 poems.
What's your perfect Sunday?: One where I have a Sunday
Did you threaten to overrule him?: What?
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him?: I've googled this, do I fail initiation?

I mean, I guess not. What the heck I need somewhere to procrastinate whilst writing up this project.

Where do you come from? : Just outside Cardiff
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? : Studying Chemistry/GAME retail lackey.
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end?: That is way to much forward planing.
Favourite daytime TV show?: Homes under the Hammer
Fish or chips? :Chips
Daddy or chips? :Chips
What's your tipple of choice?: Whatever I can scrounge.
Favourite party snack? : Cold Pizza
Who is the best bald person?`: I can't think of anyone who is bald right now.
What's your disappointing claim to fame?: A poem from year 8 in some book full of crap year 8 poems.
What's your perfect Sunday?: One where I have a Sunday
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him?: I've googled this, do I fail initiation?

Another Welshie!

What do you consider to be just outside Cardiff?

Son Of D

Well I've never made my opinions of Sunhi's gifs a secret. But yes, yes it does. At least he's moved on to using .webms now for his larger animations.

Oh good. On both counts. I personally never see the big deal about Sunhi's gifs but if they're webms it won't be annoying when everyone quotes them to just say #dead.

Symphonia

Banned
Think you missed the boat slightly there matey. There's still a fair amount of people online but you could have got it cheaper months ago or for nothing at all on PS+ less months than that.

It's pretty good. Same people made Mortal Kombat 9 though I'd say that's a better game. Since MK9 Netherealm Studios have been the ones that really excel at single player content, with big story modes and lots of extras. Really looking forward to the new Mortal Kombat.
To be honest, the online aspect of the game is the one I'm less attracted to. I've heard a lot of praise for the single-player campaign, so I want to give it a go. Plus, it's DC, so it can only be nothing short of brilliant. Also, local multiplayer is always welcome in my house. Cue many drunken fights. I know it went for cheaper before, but £16.50 for all the above and all the DLC is too good to pass up.

I also bought DriveClub. Again. Fuck my life.

NinjaBoiX

Shameless self-promotion:

My band, the semi-listenable one called wiremother, have put up the first EP to the mercies of the foul interweb.

It's angular, shouty, obnoxious, angst-core bollocks produced by 30+ year old men desperately trying to relive their 90s yoot. If that sounds like your cup of darjeeling, it's probably time to grow up.
I only just got around to listening to this dude:

8fa0ke6.jpg

I particularly like humbaba/huwawa, good stuff mane!

Caerphilly, but if you mention Cardiff then more people have an idea of where your at. But obviously Caerphilly is better due to our superior castle and cheese.

Haha, yeah you do have a better castle. I'm from Cwmbran, I tell people I'm from near Newport if they don't know Wales well.

Symphonia

Banned
I've only ever been to Carfiff and Pyle in Wales. Pyle, obviously, wasn't anything special. There's nothing there but a train station, a garden centre, and a supermarket. Oh, and a chippy. But Cardiff? Mane, I love Cardiff. Granted, I've only been in the city centre around the castle and uni but, damn, Cardiff is a beautiful city.

8bit

Knows the Score
So, my only foray into Souls was Dark Souls and I couldn't quite gel with it at the time.
Is there any point in investigating Bloodborne?

The_Poet

Banned
So, my only foray into Souls was Dark Souls and I couldn't quite gel with it at the time.

The game isn't out yet so who knows? It looks a bit more action oriented than the souls games though.

Solar Eclipse on Friday at about 9:25am, should be cool.

banofypie

Banned
The spoiler thread has made the game seem a lot more forgiving bar boss fights, but that's early game. Wait until it's out.

Top Bottom