• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burning Brides = Greatest live band I've ever seen. (I MET JAMES IHA!!!! PICS COMING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Scroll down for pics! =D

OMFG OMFG!! Today was the best day of my life bar none! Not even the day I lost my virginity tops today. Yes, I, AlphaSnake got to meet the very own James Iha himself (more on that later). First, me and my best friend are on the train and we spot this blonde haired blue eyed punky chick on the train with us. We instantly assumed she was going to show, but weren't serious about it though. Weirdly enough she was on her way to the show and we ended up looking for the place with her. We found out she's the wife of The Explosion's guitarist -- her name was Buick (yes, like the car). She was damn fucking cool. She introduced us to the band and everything. After that we waited for sometime until the Rolling Blackouts came on (terrific band too). The Blackouts played a great set and I got to meet them as well, spoke to the singer a bit and told them their set was "fucking awesome".

After the Rolling Blackouts came on The Explosion. Kick ass 5-piece punk band with songs that don't tread past the 2:30 mark. After The Explosion finished playing we were all waiting for the Brides to come on. As we were doing that, my friend and I were just chilling. I'm looking around the rather small ballroom and I see something that really catches my interest...bleach blonde hair...looks Asian...so I get a little closer...and closer. I'm thinking I'm seeing shit, but no...no, it's definitely him. It's James Iha in the flesh, chillin, talking to some girls about APC. I come up to James, shake his hand, got his autograph, ask him if it'd be alright to take a picture -- he said he'd rather not so I totally respected that.

The thing about this Burning Brides concert was that Jeordie White (Twiggy Ramirez) was supposed to make a guest appearance on stage with the Brides. So I asked James if Jeordie was around and he told me that he wasn't. Well after a few more minutes the Brides finally come on. Right away they open up with a bang. They're kicking ass, playing some tracks from their newest album and all of a sudden Dimitri is telling us they have a special guest arranged to play with them for the song "For You" -- wOot; it was James! Everybody went apeshit. James Iha strapped on a white and black Flying V and did his thing -- and even played the solo of the song. The Brides setlist was frigin awesome. I think they played a total of 14 songs -- a good combination of tracks from the 1st and 2nd record.

Every song sounded downright perfect, nothing was wrong with any of them. They are easily the best live band I've ever seen in my life. They are my band of 2004. They are now my 3rd favorite band of all time (tied with the Foo Fighters). Dimitri is the fucking man. Man, he's so awesome. I asked him to pose for my camera in the middle of a few songs and he fucking did it! God, musicians don't get much cooler than that. He even jumped into the crowd one time and played right there for a few seconds. Argh. I've seen a bunch of bands this summer, and I saw the Burning Brides twice; they are without question the best live band I've seen thus far.

I'm still pumped.

James Iha...omg.

Pics will be posted tomorrow. The wire is at my brother's house, I'll get it tomorrow.

tt_deeb

Damn you! That's awesome! Where were they playing? I guess I should check out the Burning Brides new album...

AlphaSnake said:
Pics will be posted tomorrow. The wire is at my brother's house, I'll get it tomorrow.

pics posted tomorrow, eh? Wait a second i know where this is going...next thing you know its like "uh, i left the camera at Iha's house, he sent it back fedex..." ;)

did the Rolling Blackouts rock your ass or what?

Tool

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
pics posted tomorrow, eh? Wait a second i know where this is going...next thing you know its like "uh, i left the camera at Iha's house, he sent it back fedex..." ;)

I remember the good old days when I used to be freaked out by meeting a famous or "semi-famous" person. They're just people, nothing to freak out about. I got to meet James Dean Bradfield from Manic Street Preachers, he autographed my CDs, I wished him good luck on the concert and that was it.

Got to see Rene Zellwegger last week too, she was in front of the Indigo bookstore at the Manulife Centre in Toronto. She was talking to 2 or 3 people in front of the store, seemed like she was just shooting the breeze. We didn't approach her. One thing though...man is she thin.

AlphaSnake

Ninja Scooter said:

HAHAHAHA! Good times...good times. The Rolling Blackouts totally rocked. I'm at his house now. I got the cable and will post the pics later tonight.

TOOL: Yeah, I guess...but I look up James Iha very, very much. He's one of the reasons I've become such an avid guitar player. What's incredible is the fact that he's so damn aproachable. He was in a ballroom of about 300 people, out in the open. He wasn't backstage or anything, he was right there with us. That's so commendable.

AlphaSnake

Har, har. I wasn't responsible for the photoshop anyways, I was just the brains of the operation. Besides, I have like 45 pics of the concert and like 8 have Iha.

AlphaSnake

Lol. Anyways, back to the matter at hand. Where's Diablos? I figured he'd be in here already swearing at me and all.

Diablos

You got to meet Mr. Iha. Nice.

nitewulf - just listen to "King of the Demimonde" and you'll know. They are, quite simply... "teh pwn" in GAF terms.

distantmantra said:
Alpha, welcome to the club. The "Diablos hates me and is insanely jealous" club. :)
What's this?! Get the hell out of here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom